Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#487951 Feb 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ Ians Part 4 "You defeat bullies by standing up to them."
If it is truly a bully. A teen may think their mom is a bully by taking away his smartphone because of bad grades or just looking at stuff that he shouldn't be looking at... Should he stand up to her and smack her for taking his phone.
A patient who is in need of desperate treatment and does not want to stay in the hospital may think a doctor is a bully by telling him that he must stay. Should get up, walk out leaving a trail of blood in his wake?
A husband may think his wife is a bully if she refuses to give him some for some time...(Hey wait-a-sec...Now THAT is a bully!).. but no... does he force himself on her and plows his way in? No of course not, that is not right either.
But on the serious side there have been bullies in church no doubt but that is the extreme case and not the norm... and the truth is that is not the only place on earth where people have been bullied... I've read witchcraft websites and saw some testimonies of predators within that community... I went deep into the interior of the LGBT community websites and saw gays mocking heterosexuals (no heteros was in there they were talking amongst each other) calling us "BREEDERS" and the like... I also see domestic violence amongst same sex partners.
But the same way that mother loves her son and scolds him, the same way the doctor cares for his patient and the same way the husband loves his wife and sacrifices his tiredness to romance her... well, God cares also and there is a reason why fornications is a sin and destructive... not believing in God is foolishness according to the scriptures... yes, that's true. I know of some of the reasons not all... but just like that child trusts, genuine Christians trust God that He cares and wants the best for us. Contrary to popular belief... He does not want anyone to go to hell.
Would mom sentence her child to eternal (remember, that's a REAL long time) torture?

For anything?

Really?

Your god has conditional love for its supposed creations. The conditions are that they believe he exists in spite of leaving a remarkably unclear text and absolutely NO even remotely convincing evidence, and worship him (really? WORSHIP? C'mon. Respect, maybe, but worship?)

Your god leaves MUCH to be desired.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#487952 Feb 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you cut off people writing to make yourself look smart eh? I already said there more than one meaning to the word hell.
Why you no explain it? because you have the mental fortitude of a peanut?
Jesus used "Gehenna" which still translates hell.
wrong mr false prophet
learn basic koine ancient greek what word ge'en-na means.hell in english is same
place of eternal destruction without of eternal fire, or grill backing your body full of LIES-just grave only 6 feet down

your belief is beleif of dark ages-about pagan trinity,that Jesus is God,and all not church believers are baked in the hot of tar deep pot,before baking church incwisitors send them to tortures

also you are not different, and shut up your FALSE TEACHINGS AND BUNCH OF LIES
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#487953 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that ? Jesus was the name of Muhammad's trained seal ?
Was that at Coney Island or Barnum and Bailey's ?
Coney islan or Barnium and Bailey, have nothing to do with Quaran and their teachings who was Jesus
you even doesn't understand meaning Messhiah among mulsims blasphemous word
and son of God also most blasphemous word against Allah
Quaran teachings teach that all muslims obey Quaran teachings and Sharaih law goes to heaven through road tiny like razor blade
THAT THERE EXIST NOT MESSIAH TO REDEEM THEM FROM THIE SINS
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#487954 Feb 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Would mom sentence her child to eternal (remember, that's a REAL long time) torture?
For anything?
Really?
Your god has conditional love for its supposed creations. The conditions are that they believe he exists in spite of leaving a remarkably unclear text and absolutely NO even remotely convincing evidence, and worship him (really? WORSHIP? C'mon. Respect, maybe, but worship?)
Your god leaves MUCH to be desired.
His God and His children just urinate on the insects of this earth spreading atheistic immoral dung like you?

you are not going to achieve anything here,

only lose respect as human

do you have any human descency or dignity?
if yes?
JUST FLY AWAY FROM HERE WITH THE SPEED OF 1000 MILES COW MANURE TSUNAMI

nobody nedd POS like you
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#487955 Feb 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, we cannot come to any agreement whatsoever.
What is Yahweh's Sword?
Yahveh's Sword? is
sharp double sharp like rasor blade edged weapon prepared to cut heads worthless halloween yellow pumpins like yours during time of Armagedon

also be prepared time each day is shorter from yeasterday

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#487956 Feb 13, 2013
Never judge a book by its cover,read thru the pages you may find something in thoses pages that is worth keeping.

Judge not and ye shall not be judged;condemn not and ye shall not be comdemned.Luke 6:37

For with what judgment ye judge ye shall be judged and with what measure ye mete,it shall be measured to you again.Matthew 7:2

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#487957 Feb 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong mr false prophet
learn basic koine ancient greek what word ge'en-na means.hell in english is same
place of eternal destruction without of eternal fire, or grill backing your body full of LIES-just grave only 6 feet down
your belief is beleif of dark ages-about pagan trinity,that Jesus is God,and all not church believers are baked in the hot of tar deep pot,before baking church incwisitors send them to tortures
also you are not different, and shut up your FALSE TEACHINGS AND BUNCH OF LIES
can you get to Father YHWH without praying through Jesus Christ, YHWH Son?

This for Shrink only.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#487958 Feb 13, 2013
Therefore judge nothing before the time until the Lord come who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness,and make manifest the counsels of the hearts.1 Corinthians 4:5.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#487959 Feb 13, 2013
This post started as a short and simple response to one poster, but as I started writing my words kept flowing, so it has now become a two part post. I know that it is lengthy but I would like to share my own thoughts when it comes to a discussion that has been ongoing in here, that at times can become heated. I find it odd that some posters choose to state that the Bible is very clear about homosexuality, I do not agree. I do think that we can all agree that the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin, but that is about the only thing that is clear cut in my opinion. One part about this subject that is not clear, is how a Christian should view the matter when it comes to their own treatment of others. In my opinion given the fact that the Bible tells us that we are each and everyone of us a sinner, I should treat everyone how I want to be treated. If one states that we have to stand against it as an individual sin, what about divorce as an example?

Are we standing up the same way against all of the divorces that take place between Christians when the Bible clearly states that it goes against God?(**Clarification** I am not talking about abuse cases, and the reasons the Bible states that it is OK to divorce: a completely different topic imo) Scripture tells us that if you divorce and remarry, you are committing adultery. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 places those whom are committing adultery right along with homosexuals. So should people that divorce and remarry “be told as much as possible, in any way possible, by any means possible, that their act” of remarriage “is an immoral abominable perverse sin in the eyes of God“? Where are all the Christians screaming SIN at them? You do not see much of that taking place here in the States, and divorce almost seems like it has become a norm. Should I sit and point out repeatedly to all of the couples that I personally know whom are remarried, that they are daily choosing to live a life of sin because they are remarried? When it comes to the people that I grew up with, most of us married, yet I only have one friend that is still married to her original spouse. This is staggering and shocking to me. The interesting part is that…Her parents and my parents are the only two couples out of all of our families, that have not divorced. I personally think many place to little of value on truly living the life that Christ asked of us, as a living testimony of our faith.

I think if ones heart and mind are in the right place, then one will be directed in the appropriate way to witness against sin. But if we are not in the right place when it comes to our own lives, I find that others can tell (Christian or not) that something is off, simply in the way that we present ourselves. There is dispute on what the Bible actually says about divorce, yet Jesus himself was very clear on the subject.

Continued….

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#487960 Feb 13, 2013
Continued from prior post:

Mark 10:1-12(NIV)

Divorce

10 Jesus then left that place and went into the region of Judea and across the Jordan. Again crowds of people came to him, and as was his custom, he taught them.
2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking,“Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”
3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied.
4 They said,“Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”
5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered,“Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

Here are three examples of views when it comes to 2nd marriages being…..

OK in the sight of God:
http://www.divorcehope.com/canchristiansremar...
One example of a more balanced view - a sin but not completely against God:
http://www.gotquestions.org/divorce-remarriag...
One example of divorce going completely against God:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Family/Marriag...

So Jesus made it very clear that if one divorces and marries another it is in fact considered adultery, yet you do not find in the Bible Jesus speaking out directly about homosexuality. These two sins are found in Scripture even in the exact same passage together, telling us that they are a sin. So why are they looked at so completely different by so many of us?
My point to all of this is this. Regardless of where you stand when it comes to homosexuality, divorce, or any other sin found within the Bible, is your heart in the right place when you discuss it? Have you looked into *all* of the scripture, prayed for guidance, requested clarification from trusted others, and do you personally feel that you are giving an honest and true personal testimony when you discuss it? The below link asks some good questions and gives a breakdown of some of the things Christians are struggling with, when it comes to this issue.

http://forusa.org/content/homosexuality-bible...
“We can challenge both gays and straights to question their behaviors in the light of love and the requirements of fidelity, honesty, responsibility, and genuine concern for the best interests of the other and of society as a whole.”

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#487961 Feb 13, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Then maybe you should so you could incite a mob against ya.
What say you Mr. Catcher?
CS.
What is Yahweh's sword?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#487962 Feb 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text> As-Salaam-Alaikum Adam, what is the muslims' view about Adam & Eve?
I understand it as Adam and Chava (the 'H' silent) and not Eve originally. I would also like to hear how islam views it.

Shalom Malakiym.

:)

Andrew (CS).
Duststomp

Ireland

#487963 Feb 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Yahweh's sword?
It's a tiny, little thing. That's why he's always so angry.
Duststomp

Ireland

#487964 Feb 13, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it as Adam and Chava (the 'H' silent) and not Eve originally. I would also like to hear how islam views it.
Shalom Malakiym.
:)
Andrew (CS).
Hey, it's the fake Jamaican nitwit, another Ego Christian. Threaten to stab anyone on the Internet lately?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#487965 Feb 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you live? On Mars? Do you have restaurants?
My point was that the Christian church is not a neighborhood church.
Oh! I live in an outer suburb of Adelaide and although there is a Baptist Church on the top of the hill, a Christadelphian Church a few blocks away, I do not attend them.

They are indeed neighborhood Churches, so not sure what you are commenting about, but happy to leave it at that.:)
Duststomp

Ireland

#487966 Feb 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you cut off people writing to make yourself look smart eh? I already said there more than one meaning to the word hell.
Why you no explain it? because you have the mental fortitude of a peanut?
Jesus used "Gehenna" which still translates hell.
Which Jesus? Jesus ben Sirach? Jesus ben Pandira? Jesus ben Ananias? Jesus ben Saphat? Jesus ben Gamala? Jesus ben Thebuth? Perhaps Jesus ben Stada? Now there was a Judean agitator if there ever was one. Jesus of Nazareth? Nah. Nazareth didn't exist in the First Century. Nazareth is not mentioned in the Old Testament. The Talmud mentions 63 Galilean towns, but, hmmm, nope, no Nazareth. Rabbi Solly knows nothing of Nazareth, even as he was making up the story. There is no mention of Nazareth anywhere until the 4th Century. Doh!

Oh, and none of the writings attributed to your imaginary friend have Jesus using the word "Gehenna". The way the legend was written, your Christ spoke neither English or Greek. It would have said gah-ee Hinnom, or, the valley of Hinnom, which has nothing to do with your Ego Christian Torture Chamber for Imaginary Enemies.

Pssst, your Christ is imaginary.

#487967 Feb 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Bigotry can be intolerance of one's skin color. Or sexuality. Or ethnicity. Bigots don't even need for you to express a single opinion to hate you.
Do you consider the following bigotry?
“No, I don’t know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.”– George H. W. Bush
What was the question Bush answered?

I don't know in my opinion means you don't know enough to make a hard and fast statement, but it does sound bigoted to me. And my point was that bigotry applies to all issues - including Atheists not tolerating Christianity. And there are of course, bigoted Christians; JESUS HIMSELF tells us that HE will be gathering other sheep into HIS fold, and we need to surmise that the meaning is that perhaps there are those who walk this earth not realising they are followers of JESUS until they give up their ghost and hear HIM calling them. We have no right to judge one's spirituality, we can only try and help them find it, if indeed it is lost :)

What we can surmise is we have no idea who is in The Book of Life, and up until such time as one gives up their ghost, nor will we. I have received messages from Ancestors and loved ones who have passed over,(proven by way of the message) and also from Angels, so it is easy for me to have no doubt and huge FAITH.

#487968 Feb 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with Serah, it is best to stand back and let God deal with certain issues and people, and if their hearts are honest and sincere he will provide them with resoution and insight, and IF you are experiencing and frustration in dealing with people like Catcher 1 and others like him, I can certainly understand as some people do not ask questions or correspond out of a desire to learn, but rather to look for the opportunity to express their vile and to insult our beliefs in an attempt to see you upset.
The scripture that Seraphine quoted to you is true of course, but our former Bishop and overseer who was a very wise man IN Christ once warned us to steer clear of arguments and debates with unbelievers because we CAN (the believers) ended up becaming angered and upset ourselves because the spirit of opposition works in that manner against us, I find that sometimes it is best to simply ignore certain posters as you may have to do with people in person and understand what they are about and what they are trying to accomplish with you and simply again.......ignore them.
James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
You have a Blessed day in the Lord my friend.(:
Thank you ~ today I am off to a seminar on Early Termination Payouts followed by a Webinar on the same topic. Fun stuff, seeing it is Valentine's Day, but will be going to the pool later in the afternoon for some exercise and fun.

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody -:)

#487969 Feb 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear Father in Heaven, praise be to your name in all the earth! Thank you for the years of good health you have given, and for walking me through the times when I have been ill or faced physical problems. I pray that I, and every Christian, will always be mindful of the fact that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit. We want to keep ourselves clean, pure, and as healthy as possible, for we need to be good examples and have good testimonies before others. We need to honor you and your Spirit through our bodies, as well as our minds and actions. Please give us wisdom and knowledge of right things to eat, the right ways to exercise, and motivate us to do what we must to stay in shape and be healthy. So often we get busy and have so much to do, that we do not make time to take care of our physical bodies. Open the door, give us the desire, and show us the way. May we take care of what you have given us. In the name of the Savior I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen :)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#487970 Feb 13, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
This post started as a short and simple response to one poster, but as I started writing my words kept flowing, so it has now become a two part post. I know that it is lengthy but I would like to share my own thoughts when it comes to a discussion that has been ongoing in here, that at times can become heated. I find it odd that some posters choose to state that the Bible is very clear about homosexuality, I do not agree. I do think that we can all agree that the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin, but that is about the only thing that is clear cut in my opinion. One part about this subject that is not clear, is how a Christian should view the matter when it comes to their own treatment of others. In my opinion given the fact that the Bible tells us that we are each and everyone of us a sinner, I should treat everyone how I want to be treated. If one states that we have to stand against it as an individual sin, what about divorce as an example?
Are we standing up the same way against all of the divorces that take place between Christians when the Bible clearly states that it goes against God?(**Clarification** I am not talking about abuse cases, and the reasons the Bible states that it is OK to divorce: a completely different topic imo) Scripture tells us that if you divorce and remarry, you are committing adultery. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 places those whom are committing adultery right along with homosexuals. So should people that divorce and remarry “be told as much as possible, in any way possible, by any means possible, that their act” of remarriage “is an immoral abominable perverse sin in the eyes of God“? Where are all the Christians screaming SIN at them? You do not see much of that taking place here in the States, and divorce almost seems like it has become a norm. Should I sit and point out repeatedly to all of the couples that I personally know whom are remarried, that they are daily choosing to live a life of sin because they are remarried? When it comes to the people that I grew up with, most of us married, yet I only have one friend that is still married to her original spouse. This is staggering and shocking to me. The interesting part is that…Her parents and my parents are the only two couples out of all of our families, that have not divorced. I personally think many place to little of value on truly living the life that Christ asked of us, as a living testimony of our faith.
I think if ones heart and mind are in the right place, then one will be directed in the appropriate way to witness against sin. But if we are not in the right place when it comes to our own lives, I find that others can tell (Christian or not) that something is off, simply in the way that we present ourselves. There is dispute on what the Bible actually says about divorce, yet Jesus himself was very clear on the subject.
Continued….
I agree with most of this.

That reason why even though I very reluctant to support, I can't argue against gay marriage UNDER THE LAW. Because I really think lots of Christians use the bible to bash homosexuals while they themselves either have a mistress committing adultery with, marry 4 or 5 times, or they addicted to porn etc. but they out there bashing gays.

I no like that, that kind of hypocrisy and fakeness Jesus Christ would not like.

BUT. Christians also must stand firm denouncing homosexuality as a sin.

Is a fine line, standing up against homosexuality and also no go overboard with it to the point of hypocrisy.

That though up to [each] Christian to decide how they conscience deal with that. Each Christian have to know if they go over the line into hypocrisy or they standing up against sinful homosexuality.

I can't make that call for another Christian, I can only make that call for myself as a Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min old_moose 7,132
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 25 min Aura Mytha 123,309
america needs more TRUTH AND JUSTICE 28 min hacksaw 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min onemale 286,524
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min Born Again Holy C... 681,739
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 4 hr Brice N Livingston 2
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 7 hr Har Har Har 152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Har Har Har 982,213
More from around the web