Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#487880 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't insult Christians, just self-righteous pricks like you.
Yes, the kingdom of God is in everyone and everything. Read GEnesis 1.
If rejecting Pauline Christianity makes me "anti-christ" then OK.
IMHO you are anti-Jesus.
You can't insult me, I laugh at you for the joke you are.

No such thing as [pauline christianity]. that something you made up after one of you homosexual dreams about paul..me laughing!

After Adam fall, there needed to be a new Adam which is Jesus Christ. So you might have the genesis kingdom of adam which is sin and damnation. But you no have the spirit of Jesus Christ the 2nd Adam which is redemption and salvation.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#487881 Feb 13, 2013
You called? There is no such thing as mythical Adam of the garden of Eden. Sorry to burst your bubble.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#487882 Feb 13, 2013

“Saved. ”

#487883 Feb 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
You called? There is no such thing as mythical Adam of the garden of Eden. Sorry to burst your bubble.
As-Salaam-Alaikum Adam, what is the muslims' view about Adam & Eve?

“Saved. ”

#487884 Feb 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Ians... I know initially it started off as anti-black, especially through Brigham Young. But please show a link where they said it exactly as you have described it please. I know that is how non-Mormon whites have felt about blacks... are you describing what the Mormons stated or something that you have experienced in your own life? Thanks in advance.. Respectfully Quin.
I must clarify that I realize that not all non-mormon whites felt that way because of they actually help to facilitate things like the underground railroad and such... Ms. tubman didn't work that by herself of course... of course the abolitionist movement also.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#487885 Feb 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text> As-Salaam-Alaikum Adam, what is the muslims' view about Adam & Eve?
Peace be with you too. Not being a muslim I dont know. I think its similar to the christian view as the author(s) of the quran borrowed most of their stories from the Bible. With a reversion to the old testament God Yahweh, and the characteristics which he is well known.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#487886 Feb 13, 2013
I wonder to any of you guys, really really believe in this Jesus stuff. I mean really.

Can you imagine singing eternal praise to your lord in heaven. Can you really imagine sinners standing in flames, engulfed in tormenting fire for eternity. Is the body and blood, really real flesh and real blood. Truly 100% flesh you chew and crunch, blood to drink to give you life.

Does anyone really believe in this any more?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#487887 Feb 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I am wrong but I have never considered you to be to weak to stand up for yourself. I think that you are a strong woman that if you chose to could take care of yourself when if comes to someone that is perceived to be bullying you.
In my opinion...you often choose not to respond...because you are doing as you choose to. That and it doesn't matter what that other person thinks.
I don't know...maybe I am wrong but...I don't think so.
:-P
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#487888 Feb 13, 2013
whoops, I should really stop the reality checks over here :D did it again, d'oh!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#487889 Feb 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>??
but of course.
.. well, good for you ..

.. you've reached the pinnacle of spiritual success. There's nothing left to learn, you've become a perfected master ..

.. please, continue to speak for God ..

“Saved. ”

#487890 Feb 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace be with you too. Not being a muslim I dont know. I think its similar to the christian view as the author(s) of the quran borrowed most of their stories from the Bible. With a reversion to the old testament God Yahweh, and the characteristics which he is well known.
I humbly apologize to you... I thought you were Muslim from your earlier postings about Islam. I learned quite a bit about Islam during those postings btw, that they had quite a bit of good things to say about The Son of Mary.

With Established Harem

#487891 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Seraphine is lovely, and her postings show it :)
I don't consider this forum a boom box in public .... and if Catcher1 doesn't want to hear about our Faith, he simply can move on. He has no tolerance to our Faith, and
by the meaning of bigot, this makes him a bigot. It is a horrid word, isn't it?
.. hi ya Serah ..

.. Catcher is a compound, complex sentence. Without revealing confidences, I will say he's much more than an ambulance-chasing attorney. He fights for the rights of the downtrodden and has a high degree of empathy. He endorses the constitution and, I think, would stand up for your right to practice your personal faith precisely because he's not a bigot ..

.. yes, he is intolerant of some religious people, especially those that try to force their belief system on others, people who use insults, bigotry and threats to accomplish their goal and deny the personhood of another ..

.. nobody has the right to tell you or me what to believe or that our beliefs are wrong. We are all deserving of understanding and acceptance but sometimes it's difficult to overcome harsh criticism because, although we are often wrong, we like to think we're right ..

.. your ongoing battles with AIN and Catcher challenge you to grow, my ongoing battles with Trifecta1 and SKOM challenge me to grow. Without growth, we wither. Coping with momentarily unhappy or challenging conditions is the bounty we pay for growth ..

With Established Harem

#487892 Feb 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't fear Jesus..And I happen to agree with you. Why would anyone fear somebody who loves you.Thanks HL
.. thanks, many of you understand. Perhaps you can teach Trifecta. I certainly can't ..

.. anyway, that reminds me of a song ..

I am just a poor boy
Though my story's seldom told
I have squandered my resistance
For a pocket full of mumbles such are promises
All lies and jests
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest (la, la, la)

.. you probably know the rest ..

<< handing Grace one yellow, long-stemmed rose >>

With Established Harem

#487893 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you no respect at all for the words of Jesus ?
Why do you twist them to deceitfully claim he said things he most certainly did not ?
You constantly piss on Jesus simply to spew your hatred me.
May God have mercy on your soul.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I no have to twist anything, what Jesus mean right here:
http://www.letusreason.org/Biblexp47.htm
That verse not mean the kingdom of God in everybody, it certainly not in you writer.
See I can explain and back up my cut and paste and stuff to back my point.
all you have is you opinion you myths and your dreams about paul homosexuality and jesus.
you just like any typical unbeliever. believing Jesus was some atonement not mean anything.
You deny only way can get to father God Yahweh is through Jesus Christ. You deny that. That mean the kingdom of Jesus not in you.
Maybe some other god in you, Satan, but not Jesus.
.. your religion has made you blind, babe ..

.. my god honors and recognizes G_O_D's god ..

.. where does your Kingdom of God reside, inside or outside ??..

“Saved. ”

#487894 Feb 13, 2013
Some interesting history if any are interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuel_Haynes

With Established Harem

#487895 Feb 13, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you see when you look at my avatar cher?
.. searching, aloneness ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#487896 Feb 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
I wonder to any of you guys, really really believe in this Jesus stuff. I mean really.
Can you imagine singing eternal praise to your lord in heaven. Can you really imagine sinners standing in flames, engulfed in tormenting fire for eternity. Is the body and blood, really real flesh and real blood. Truly 100% flesh you chew and crunch, blood to drink to give you life.
Does anyone really believe in this any more?
you no have to imagine, read the bible.

Jesus say people going to hell. What hell is like no one no really know, Jesus and the bible give some brief descriptions. and the word [hell]mean 3 or 4 things. But one meaning in unquenchable fire.

So it not really about if people believe in hell [anymore]. it about the bible no change. God word no change. and it no matter if God lead someone to write what God say 2000 or 5000 yrs ago, it no change because we in the 21st century writer.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#487897 Feb 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No apology is necessary, but thank you anyway.
This is only exchange between us that I could find between Epi and me, and it wasn't a comment about her prayers. Is this what you were referring to as "bullying" or "picking on"?:
Epiphany2 wrote: "I shared the story last week of my cousin who was gay.....I am not covering up hatred because I really LOVED my cousin (he was like my Brother)....but as a Christian I know God has words against the gay lifestyle. I trust Gods word...I still LOVE my cousin."
IANS wrote: "Don't you think that those words from your church stain your understanding of who your cousin is? How could they not? Your cousin has had to deal with much of the Christian world thinking of him as a living, walking abomination to their god. Why should he have to live in such a world if we can make a better one for him? To do that, a mighty beast has to be subdued - the Christian church. I say that it's time that the rest of us began speaking up about that abomination. That knife cuts both ways. As ye sow ..."
Epiphany2 wrote: "IANS...I will call you Ian..... The "Church" didn't tell me anything. In my thinking the "church" is a group of Christ followers trying to live their life to the best to their ability. The BIBLE or Gods Word states how he feels (and what he "hates"....I don't follow man (church) I follow God. Even if the church is irradicated I will still Follow God and his ways. PS.... I've never been a real good Follower"
IANS: "Epiphany...I will call you Ep. Your bible is the church's handbook. It cobbled it, and it propagates it. If you learned from it, you are learning from the church."
==========
You said that I hurt her with my words. Those? It's hard to see what you object to here.
This woman was talking about her gay cousin whom she loved, but clearly judged as Christians often do. This is where Christian homophobia is especially damaging - within families. I was hoping to help her and others see that. And I put the blame squarely on the church for her holding those ideas, and indicated that I thought that the church was imposing a societal burden, and needed to be opposed.
Then Epi wandered off through the daffodils, distracted by my use of the word church, engaging in some cryptic equivocation using capitalization, and completely ignoring the main message. So, I addressed the church-Church problem again
Is this what you object to - what you called picking on her? I had no idea. Is Epi too frail to read kinds of these things? Are you asking me to leave her to post her opinions unanswered, whatever I might think about them, however hurtful they might be to others like her cousin, and stifle my own opinions because they might disturb her tranquility?
OK. For you, I will. But not before leaving another comment.
Sometimes, this thread is like the day room from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. It's like a rehab unit in here - group therapy. There's just not a lot of fortitude with so many posting here. People go to pieces over nothing. Misunderstanding runs rampant. People seem to be barely coping. Is that correct? Is Epi on life support?
I suspect that Christian theology is partly to blame for what appears to be learned helplessness. You are told that the world is a nasty and dangerous place that man can't hope to navigate without divine protection and guidance, and that women are even weaker than men.
I'm not your enemy. Your church is.
**Cough**Cough**

Ian.....could you hand me that cup of tea?

Thank you....I'm feeling a little better (Thanks for asking about me)....I think I'll get ready and go to "CHURCH" tonight

LOL

With Established Harem

#487898 Feb 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Would you call LAWLESS hateful and intolerant of the Mormon Jesus for objecting to that church's characterization of his race as dark, filthy, lazy, loathsome, and an abomination?
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Ians... I know initially it (LDS Church) started off as anti-black,
.. Joseph Smith, the first prophet of the Mormon church, welcomed blacks into his church and was against slavery. He even had a plan to abolish the institution ..

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text> especially through Brigham Young. But please show a link where they said it exactly as you have described it please.
I know that is how non-Mormon whites have felt about blacks...
are you describing what the Mormons stated or something that you have experienced in your own life? Thanks in advance.. Respectfully Quin.
.. BrighamYoung became a racist while residing in MO and promoted discrimination by denying the priesthood and temple ordinances to blacks. In THE JOURNAL OF DISCOURSES, v. 7, Page 291, Young wrote ...

"You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind. The first man that committed the odious crime of killing one of his brethren will be cursed the
longest of any one of the children of Adam.

Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would have put a termination to that line of human beings. This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin. Trace mankind down to after the flood, and then another curse is pronounced upon the same race-that they should be the "servant of servants;" and they will be, until that curse is removed; and the Abolitionists cannot help it, nor in the least alter that decree. How long is that race to endure the dreadful curse that is upon them?

That curse will remain upon them, and they never can hold the Priesthood or share in it until all the other descendants of Adam have received the promises and enjoyed the blessings of the Priesthood and the keys thereof. Until the last ones of the residue of Adam's children are brought up to that favourable position, the children of Cain cannot receive the first ordinances of the Priesthood. They were the first that were cursed, and they will be the last from whom the curse will be removed. When the residue of the family of Adam come up and receive their blessings, then the curse will be removed from the seed of Cain, and they will receive blessings in like proportion."

.. AIN is correct ..

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#487899 Feb 13, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL.
True. And they exploit us all to varying degrees.
But even so, it is possible to make good choices, and with a little luck, extract a good life from the game.
True.

I have been quite lucky compared to many.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 840,025
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min kent 590,852
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min Pegasus 271,408
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 49 min Edthirty 469
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 59 min Jac 100,088
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 1 hr Swedenforever 137
Made as He!! ????? 2 hr Protester 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 4,639
More from around the web