Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#487931 Feb 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
This is going to bother a lot of people....
That does seem to be your mission in life.

You must have been a mosquito in a previous life.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#487932 Feb 13, 2013
@ HL... thanks for answering and pasting the quote concerning my earlier question to Ian.

Brigham Young: "You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind. The first man that committed the odious crime of killing one of his brethren will be cursed the
longest of any one of the children of Adam.

Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would have put a termination to that line of human beings. This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin. Trace mankind down to after the flood, and then another curse is pronounced upon the same race-that they should be the "servant of servants;" and they will be, until that curse is removed; and the Abolitionists cannot help it, nor in the least alter that decree. How long is that race to endure the dreadful curse that is upon them?"

THE JOURNAL OF DISCOURSES, v. 7, Page 291

Too bad he didn't realize that it wasn't Ham who was cursed... it was his son Canaan who stayed and resided in "Canaan" later to be known as the land of palestine. Ham himself had migrated to Africa.

Thanks again for sharing that.. Respectfully, Quin

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#487933 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
We all are.
It is the refocusing part that gives us dificulties.
So true. This thread is now split into multiple factions when truly there is very little reason for a split. Ego or pride prevents us from learning from others that are not from our own school of thought or knowledge. Yet, it is essential for all mankind to learn and grow so that we can achieve a better society and work together to make a more habitable, safer planet.

One set doesn't want to listen to religious people, then religious people don't want to listen to people who believe without need for religion, yet we wonder what's wrong with the world. Ms. Knowledge reminded me and Mr. BT42 that much of the time it is just misunderstandings that causes conflict and often not real differences, so if we can lay pride aside for a moment, we could discuss even if we don't agree, things of high immportance and get along while maintaining our differences if necessary.

Thank you for being on this thread Duane.

Andrew (CS).

#487934 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Jesus is revered in Islam.
Note that according to Islam, Jesus is the Messiah, not Muhammad.
At it's core, Islam is just another form of Christinaity.
The outside fringes of Islam is another story... but at the very core of the Qu'ran I see they just don't believe that He was God's Son and that He died on the cross. But they do believe that Jesus and His Body (Isa) is in heaven with Allah (God)... whilst believing Muhammed's body is buried in Medina... but some muslims do believe Jesus is God's Son.. they just have to be careful or they might get banished or their heads chopped off, unfortunately.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487935 Feb 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>The outside fringes of Islam is another story... but at the very core of the Qu'ran I see they just don't believe that He was God's Son and that He died on the cross. But they do believe that Jesus and His Body (Isa) is in heaven with Allah (God)... whilst believing Muhammed's body is buried in Medina... but some muslims do believe Jesus is God's Son.. they just have to be careful or they might get banished or their heads chopped off, unfortunately.
Agreed.

Thanks!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#487936 Feb 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
"[Are the Mormons abolitionists?] No, unless delivering the people from priestcraft, and the priests from the power of Satan, should be considered abolition. But we do not believe in setting the negroes free."
Joseph Smith, History of the Church (that is, the Mormon Church), Vol 3, Ch 3, p 28&#8209;30

.. in an early edition of the Missouri Mormon newspaper, an article invited free black people to become Mormons. This created outrage in Independence. The slavery issue was one of the reasons Mormons were expelled at gunpoint and driven into Nauvoo, IL ..

.. in THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS, Smith makes his position clear:

"it is not (the) right that any man should be in bondage to another." Section 101:79"

.. outraged slaveholders were not very happy with this revelation from God. Remember: Smith was a politician, even ran for President of the United States. So, he tempered his words to appease locals ..

.. based on all available evidence, I do not think Smith was a racist ..

.. but, beyond all reasonable doubt, Young was a racist ..

#487937 Feb 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. while in Independence, MO, Smith was forced to gave lip service to the surrounding community ..
.. in an early edition of the Missouri Mormon newspaper, an article invited free black people to become Mormons. This created outrage in Independence. The slavery issue was one of the reasons Mormons were expelled at gunpoint and driven into Nauvoo, IL ..
.. in THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS, Smith makes his position clear:
"it is not (the) right that any man should be in bondage to another." Section 101:79"
.. outraged slaveholders were not very happy with this revelation from God. Remember: Smith was a politician, even ran for President of the United States. So, he tempered his words to appease locals ..
.. based on all available evidence, I do not think Smith was a racist ..
.. but, beyond all reasonable doubt, Young was a racist ..
10-4... I'll look into the info u provided by 2morrow Lordwilling as I have to head out for work now. Thanks for the info.

Quin... Audi 5000

:)
Henry

Altengottern, Germany

#487938 Feb 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
REVELATION Study
I. Rev 1:11 Part 12 continued (bridged with Rev 2:12)
"Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, PERGAMUM,
Rev 1______/TTTTTTTTTTTTT\______Re v 2
II. Jesus: "THESE ARE THE WORDS OF HIM who has the sharp double-edged sword . I know where you live - where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city—where Satan lives.(Revelations 2:12
1. These are the words of Him - First of all, Praise God for His Son, Jesus.
* Jesus: "The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life." John 6:63
A. In reference to the statement Jesus had made above... He is saying His words are spiritual... they are living and active. His Words are health and life for your own spirit, soul and body. The Holy Bible, contrary to popular opinion, is more than a book. It is truthful... it is factual. I say that it is a diamond in the rough because some political events occurred in some places of it and only one (through faithful study) would have to distinguish which is which... for the scriptures tell us to "rightly divide the Word of Truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). Notice that it says to "rightly" divide the Word... not "wrongly" divide it. You see, the devil can't destroy God's Word. They've tried to ban it, burn it... that didn't work so then they tried banning and burning people for adhering to God's Word. That didn't work either. The devil can't destroy God's Word but he can sure try to pervert it to deceive others... he perverts it by religiously appealing to the sinful nature. Like, that is why some religious leaders, churches and pastors, are coming out of the closet or supporting fornications... it is the deception of the devil that is behind the scenes in all of this.
B. Just like the fisherman who had a starfish in his net. He cut it up and through it back into water. After a little while he pulled up more starfish..."what the?" So he did the same thing... the next thing you know the harbor was swarmed with starfish. Because starfishes replicate themselves. In the same way beloved, the more the persecution... the more THE INCREASE Praise The Lord!
Another example would be when Pharaoh (Exodus 1) tried to "depopulate" the Israelites. The more savage Pharaoh became... the more the Israelites INCREASED. Another example is when persecution finally came to the Jerusalem Church in the book of Acts... when they were finally persecuted, they scattered... out of that scattering they went out from their comfort zone and being rich in faith, they evangelized the Gospel. Philip (a deacon I believe) was a good example of that scattering... in which he ministered to a high-ranking Ethiopian in the Queen's court. The Ethiopian, having been saved and baptized then took that word to a nation of people. Say increase...
* Jesus: "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."
Amen
Jesus is dead some 2000 years!
Henry

Altengottern, Germany

#487939 Feb 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Mississippi the most religious state in the nation..........
Vermont the least religious..........
Burlington here I come..........
http://news.yahoo.com/most-religious-us-state...
Forget that religious garbage!
Henry

Altengottern, Germany

#487940 Feb 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
REVELATION Study
I. Rev 1:11 Part 12 continued (bridged with Rev 2:12)
"Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, PERGAMUM,
Rev 1______/TTTTTTTTTTTTT\______Re v 2
II. Jesus: "THESE ARE THE WORDS OF HIM who has the sharp double-edged sword . I know where you live - where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city—where Satan lives.(Revelations 2:12
1. These are the words of Him - First of all, Praise God for His Son, Jesus.
* Jesus: "The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life." John 6:63
A. In reference to the statement Jesus had made above... He is saying His words are spiritual... they are living and active. His Words are health and life for your own spirit, soul and body. The Holy Bible, contrary to popular opinion, is more than a book. It is truthful... it is factual. I say that it is a diamond in the rough because some political events occurred in some places of it and only one (through faithful study) would have to distinguish which is which... for the scriptures tell us to "rightly divide the Word of Truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). Notice that it says to "rightly" divide the Word... not "wrongly" divide it. You see, the devil can't destroy God's Word. They've tried to ban it, burn it... that didn't work so then they tried banning and burning people for adhering to God's Word. That didn't work either. The devil can't destroy God's Word but he can sure try to pervert it to deceive others... he perverts it by religiously appealing to the sinful nature. Like, that is why some religious leaders, churches and pastors, are coming out of the closet or supporting fornications... it is the deception of the devil that is behind the scenes in all of this.
B. Just like the fisherman who had a starfish in his net. He cut it up and through it back into water. After a little while he pulled up more starfish..."what the?" So he did the same thing... the next thing you know the harbor was swarmed with starfish. Because starfishes replicate themselves. In the same way beloved, the more the persecution... the more THE INCREASE Praise The Lord!
Another example would be when Pharaoh (Exodus 1) tried to "depopulate" the Israelites. The more savage Pharaoh became... the more the Israelites INCREASED. Another example is when persecution finally came to the Jerusalem Church in the book of Acts... when they were finally persecuted, they scattered... out of that scattering they went out from their comfort zone and being rich in faith, they evangelized the Gospel. Philip (a deacon I believe) was a good example of that scattering... in which he ministered to a high-ranking Ethiopian in the Queen's court. The Ethiopian, having been saved and baptized then took that word to a nation of people. Say increase...
* Jesus: "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."
Amen
The bible is full of fakes, lies and errors!
Henry

Altengottern, Germany

#487941 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc says they weren't real Christians and deserverd to be sped on their way to Hell.
No hell, no heaven, no god, no devil and so on!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487942 Feb 13, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that non sequitur.

A one eyed cat looks the same waliking away to the near sighted.
Henry

Altengottern, Germany

#487943 Feb 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
I wonder to any of you guys, really really believe in this Jesus stuff. I mean really.
Can you imagine singing eternal praise to your lord in heaven. Can you really imagine sinners standing in flames, engulfed in tormenting fire for eternity. Is the body and blood, really real flesh and real blood. Truly 100% flesh you chew and crunch, blood to drink to give you life.
Does anyone really believe in this any more?
This is insane and religious garbage!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#487944 Feb 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the LDS church was about to lose their non-profit status for discrimination when their prophet suddenly had a revelation that blacks were OK ..
.. most older Mormons still consider blacks inferior, unworthy of the Priesthood or Temple Ordinances ..
.. like your comments about Mormonism, the rest of your post is opinion, based on beliefs, not knowledge ..
I no care what made the mormon church do what, that irrelevant. mormonism is religion, I not into religion.

Let me see you and you kind get Christians and the church to shut up calling homosexuality an abominable sin.

you can't even get the vatican to condone homosexuality, so good luck getting you lifestyle normalize in america.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487945 Feb 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you agree that same-sex marriage must be made legal in our secular society?
I believe same sex marriages should be banned with extreme prejudice. And I'm being very kind.

I hope somehow I answered your question and that there is no misinterpretations on your part.

Thanks for participating.

CS.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#487946 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
"Damn them Mormon devils and them godless queers!"
Please continue to sh!t all over the teachings of Jesus. You are known by your fruits.
<quoted text>
??
LOL...

Was you looking in the mirror when you typed this?

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487947 Feb 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never made a comment on your sister's death.
Anywhere.
Then maybe you should so you could incite a mob against ya.

What say you Mr. Catcher?

CS.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#487948 Feb 13, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe same sex marriages should be banned with extreme prejudice. And I'm being very kind.
I hope somehow I answered your question and that there is no misinterpretations on your part.
Thanks for participating.
CS.
In that case, we cannot come to any agreement whatsoever.

What is Yahweh's Sword?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#487949 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Jesus never used the word Hell.
Do you even know what Gehenna and Sheol are ?
You really should get a Rabbi to explain it to you.
you cut off people writing to make yourself look smart eh? I already said there more than one meaning to the word hell.

Why you no explain it? because you have the mental fortitude of a peanut?

Jesus used "Gehenna" which still translates hell.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#487950 Feb 13, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
no Henry,not polaks in germany,no s... no urine under tree after drinking smirnow,
NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY
f...you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Aquarius-WY 7,746
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Anthony MN 681,922
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Aerobatty 123,778
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Gabriel 982,347
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,371
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Charlie Sheen 286,546
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 4 hr Sparrow 1
More from around the web