#487841 Feb 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
It's like sometimes I can't believe the ignorance in
concentrating any time at all to homosexuality
- if you aren't a homosexual!
There are so many >real< human injustices occuring around us
every minute- like how about.. human trafficking?? Why young children are living
on the streets selling their bodies for 5$$.- and on and on...
Why are so many thinking so hard on others "sins"??
I don't get it..
Hello Le_le

Strange thing a GOD will let some be tormented before judgement day.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487842 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
I'm sorry for my reactions to your posting to Epi, and there was no need for me to come to her defense. Epi is so used to negative comments and flack from her Prayers that she doesn't even bat an eye lid, but in reality I know it would hurt.

Please let Epi post her Prayer here each morning, without comment if you can (you know the old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything?) unless you want to acknowledge her choice and effort of selection.

No apology is necessary, but thank you anyway.

This is only exchange between us that I could find between Epi and me, and it wasn't a comment about her prayers. Is this what you were referring to as "bullying" or "picking on"?:

Epiphany2 wrote: "I shared the story last week of my cousin who was gay.....I am not covering up hatred because I really LOVED my cousin (he was like my Brother)....but as a Christian I know God has words against the gay lifestyle. I trust Gods word...I still LOVE my cousin."

IANS wrote: "Don't you think that those words from your church stain your understanding of who your cousin is? How could they not? Your cousin has had to deal with much of the Christian world thinking of him as a living, walking abomination to their god. Why should he have to live in such a world if we can make a better one for him? To do that, a mighty beast has to be subdued - the Christian church. I say that it's time that the rest of us began speaking up about that abomination. That knife cuts both ways. As ye sow ..."

Epiphany2 wrote: "IANS...I will call you Ian..... The "Church" didn't tell me anything. In my thinking the "church" is a group of Christ followers trying to live their life to the best to their ability. The BIBLE or Gods Word states how he feels (and what he "hates"....I don't follow man (church) I follow God. Even if the church is irradicated I will still Follow God and his ways. PS.... I've never been a real good Follower"

IANS: "Epiphany...I will call you Ep. Your bible is the church's handbook. It cobbled it, and it propagates it. If you learned from it, you are learning from the church."

==========

You said that I hurt her with my words. Those? It's hard to see what you object to here.

This woman was talking about her gay cousin whom she loved, but clearly judged as Christians often do. This is where Christian homophobia is especially damaging - within families. I was hoping to help her and others see that. And I put the blame squarely on the church for her holding those ideas, and indicated that I thought that the church was imposing a societal burden, and needed to be opposed.

Then Epi wandered off through the daffodils, distracted by my use of the word church, engaging in some cryptic equivocation using capitalization, and completely ignoring the main message. So, I addressed the church-Church problem again

Is this what you object to - what you called picking on her? I had no idea. Is Epi too frail to read kinds of these things? Are you asking me to leave her to post her opinions unanswered, whatever I might think about them, however hurtful they might be to others like her cousin, and stifle my own opinions because they might disturb her tranquility?

OK. For you, I will. But not before leaving another comment.

Sometimes, this thread is like the day room from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. It's like a rehab unit in here - group therapy. There's just not a lot of fortitude with so many posting here. People go to pieces over nothing. Misunderstanding runs rampant. People seem to be barely coping. Is that correct? Is Epi on life support?

I suspect that Christian theology is partly to blame for what appears to be learned helplessness. You are told that the world is a nasty and dangerous place that man can't hope to navigate without divine protection and guidance, and that women are even weaker than men.

I'm not your enemy. Your church is.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#487843 Feb 13, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks!
You're welcome Mike... yes, Lot was raped. Although I prophesy your thanks wasn't too sincere.
mike wrote:
<quoted text> That was a very foolish statement.
Prophecy immediately fulfilled.
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps you should read the story again, when "Lot" separated from "Abraham" he chose to go to the land of perversion.
Did you read it properly? I'll post it for you again... me thinks Lot had no idea that it was a land of perverts.

"Lot took a long look at the fertile plains of the Jordan Valley in the direction of Zoar. The whole area was well watered everywhere, like the garden of the LORD or the beautiful land of Egypt.(This was before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.) Genesis 13:10
Now do you see anything that Lot saw perverts running around?
mike wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a man,... to "Rise" to the occasion and sustain that rise while "Drunk takes concentration...A man can't be forced to "Rise".
I'm a man also... maybe I was more of a man at that time because when I used to get drunk being unsaved.... I somehow got it up. I've heard stories from fellow sailors waking up the next morning naked and lying in bed next to a toothless, foreign gal... you've never heard anything similar to that before, right?
mike

AOL

#487844 Feb 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I am wrong but I have never considered you to be to weak to stand up for yourself. I think that you are a strong woman that if you chose to could take care of yourself when if comes to someone that is perceived to be bullying you.
In my opinion...you often choose not to respond...because you are doing as you choose to. That and it doesn't matter what that other person thinks.
I don't know...maybe I am wrong but...I don't think so.
Hello Anniej

Thanks for giving "Epi" a "that-a-boy",... no doubt a GOD won't be answering any of Epi's open-air prayers.

We all get what we're looking for on this entertainment site.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#487845 Feb 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
It's like sometimes I can't believe the ignorance in
concentrating any time at all to homosexuality
- if you aren't a homosexual!
There are so many >real< human injustices occuring around us
every minute- like how about.. human trafficking?? Why young children are living
on the streets selling their bodies for 5$$.- and on and on...
Why are so many thinking so hard on others "sins"??
I don't get it..
Good morning LeLe!

Here are my thoughts...

As I have stated before...what one believes is up to them...I might not agree...but that really is neither here nor there.

We have focused mainly on Christian vs homosexuality but quite honestly...not all the problem lies there. Some homophobic people...anti-gay...do not claim to be Christian.

Here is what I think...

Some will say that same-sex marriages will destroy the sanctity of marriage. Yet for a long time in this country the divorce rate has hovered between 40-50%. Logic will tell you that heterosexual couples have already redefined marriage. Logic will also tell you that since between 70-80% claim religious affiliation that Christians have contributed to the divorce rate.

Some heterosexuals make the claim that gays are not fit parents. Yet the majority of our children that are in trouble have been raised by heterosexual parents. One argument has been that gays will produce more gays...yet logic tells us that the majority of gay people were produced by heterosexuals. By logic...many of those heterosexual parents are Christian.

Crimes being committed by children have risen...most of those children have been raised in traditional homes...male/female parents.

I could go on but my problem is that there are those that instead of looking at the real problems and their causes they are dumping it in the laps of far less than 10% of the population.

Banning same-sex marriages will not save the marriages of the heterosexuals...nor the marriages of Christians.

Banning same-sex marriages will not solve the problems of our children that are at risk.

There are those that believe if gays stay locked up in a closet that our problems are solved...easier than admitting where the real problems lie.

Bigotry yes is an ugly word...but the actions of bigotry are far uglier.

Ignoring our own faults and putting all the blame on a small percentage of the population goes beyond ugly...it is dangerous to our society...far more so that 2 males...2 females...that love each other wanting to get married.

Each of us needs to take a long hard look at what we ourselves are doing to contribute to the problems in this country...that is what we should be concerned about instead of pointing the finger at someone else.

It is "always someone elses problem" seems to be the common mentality.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#487846 Feb 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You're a Christian. You don't do evidence.
Besides, that wasn't a demonstration. It was an explanation. It was a clarification of the requirements of tolerance, and a suggested way to think about the subject.
Correction! I'm not a Christian but whether I was or not doesn't mean I don't do evidence. If that was an 'explanation' it was poor but I give you a do over. Kindness extended.
Read my post again. Maybe you didn't recognize that it had ideas in it.
If those were ideas I think your people are in trouble.
What? Those are your words. You're paraphrasing me, and inaccurately. I'm saying that I am unwilling to let your church define what is acceptable for anybody not in it. I am unwilling to sit back and watch you people marginalize and dehumanize our brothers and sisters whose love offends your bronze aged god.
You mix up love with perversion and sexual debauchery, and it isn't that you don't know the difference, it is simply just your thing. Maybe you should sit back and watch because so far based on what I can see, you appear to do more harm than good. Take my excellent advice and walk away slowly. This is my concern for you.
Your church is a problem. It is a burden on us all. Look at the damage it does - the kinds of people it churns out. The hatred called love and the self-forgiveness called repentance are my two themes at present.
Thanks for your concern.
You keep on saying "my church"; what church is that? You see, what you call hatred is people standing up for what they believe in against evil and wickedness in its various forms and hiding places. It has nothing to do with love. All human beings should be loved.

I repeat in case you have a blind spot; All human beings should be loved and cared for. Homosexuality is wrong. A person has homosexual tendencies when they think about homosexual acts. A person is defined a homosexual when they have same sex sexually intimate relationships. One cannot possibly hope in our existence to prevent people from having tendencies, but the act is what defiles the body (which is teh temple of the Ruach HaKodesh).

Some people have tendencies to over-eat. Others have tendencies to admire small children in sexual ways while there are those who have the tendencies to hoard a lot of stuff and pack their rooms to the brim. These are all tendencies that require psychological evaluation and treatment. This is my belief. You have yours, I have mine and you will never see my point of view or anyone else's point of view so why do you bother? Why do you feel the need to discuss anything if you are unwilling to change or improve your position?

Waste of Time.

CS.

#487847 Feb 13, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, except Stephen wasn't an Apostle. A disciple, yes, an apostle, to my understanding, no. However you are correct in saying that Paul had a hand in Stephen's death.
Andrew (CS).
Agreed... Stephen was most likely a Deacon.

Acts 6:1-7

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...
mike

AOL

#487848 Feb 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Most subjects that are discussed in forums such as one will find on Topix are personal issues to someone...if they weren't...the discussions would probably not have been started.
I think that we have to remember however is when we post personal issues in such a forum...we have to accept that there will be those that give rebuttal. This is an opinion/discussion format on this particular medium that does not allow for private...invited members only.
Just as you are free to go to an atheist thread and speak of Jesus...they are free to come to this thread and speak against him.
Such is life...or such is Topix...
Thanks

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#487849 Feb 13, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Anniej
Thanks for giving "Epi" a "that-a-boy",... no doubt a GOD won't be answering any of Epi's open-air prayers.
We all get what we're looking for on this entertainment site.
You're welcome Mike. I never realized that me thinking that Epi could take care of herself would be so meaningful to you.

Glad that I could bring a little sunshine to your day.

Whether there is a GOD that will answer her prayers was not indicated in my post not was an entertainment factor...but I certainly enjoyed reading your additional input on the matter.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#487850 Feb 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Everyone... yo! Smile

The Son of God Music Ministry
He Will Increase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bp5smhDBGH4XX

"Bless me, bless me
Oh Lord, bless me indeed
Enlarge my territory
Oh Lord, bless me indeed
(I pray for increase)

Bless me indeed (I pray for increase)

Increase, increase
Oh Lord, bless me indeed
Enlarge my territory
Oh Lord, bless me indeed

Keep Your hand upon me
That no evil cannot harm me
Sunshine and rain, sickness and pain
God, I humbly come to You"

Amen.
Praise God! Amen.

Great post Qu :)
mike

AOL

#487851 Feb 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text> You're welcome Mike... yes, Lot was raped. Although I prophesy your thanks wasn't too sincere.
<quoted text> Prophecy immediately fulfilled.
<quoted text>Did you read it properly? I'll post it for you again... me thinks Lot had no idea that it was a land of perverts.
"Lot took a long look at the fertile plains of the Jordan Valley in the direction of Zoar. The whole area was well watered everywhere, like the garden of the LORD or the beautiful land of Egypt.(This was before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.) Genesis 13:10
Now do you see anything that Lot saw perverts running around?
<quoted text>I'm a man also... maybe I was more of a man at that time because when I used to get drunk being unsaved.... I somehow got it up. I've heard stories from fellow sailors waking up the next morning naked and lying in bed next to a toothless, foreign gal... you've never heard anything similar to that before, right?
Thanks

I doubt any of the wanna-be christians will step-in to correct you, they dis-like me so much.

#487852 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise God! Amen.
Great post Qu :)
Praise God Indeed! Good Morning Juice... that song is based on a request from a man named Jabez in the bible.. I Chronicles 4:9-10
mike

AOL

#487853 Feb 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome Mike. I never realized that me thinking that Epi could take care of herself would be so meaningful to you.
Glad that I could bring a little sunshine to your day.
Whether there is a GOD that will answer her prayers was not indicated in my post not was an entertainment factor...but I certainly enjoyed reading your additional input on the matter.
Just being me.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#487855 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
I did, G, and also copied it and pasted it for all to read. It is intolerance to others beliefs, is it not? Regardless of what beliefs are found intolerable!
That is incorrect.

Under this definition, some kinds of bigotry would not only be acceptable, they would be the correct ethical choice. I am intolerant of many beliefs, such as those beliefs which state that it is appropriate to beat children. I would be bigoted against child molesters. I would be bigoted against serial killers.

Under this definition, tell me, are you not a bigot? If you're not, under this definition, you should be. Would you dare to not be bigoted against rapists?

Can you see by now that your definition is useless?

There are certainly some beliefs and behaviors for which I am intolerant. The action I would take to oppose them would depend on the individual situation. For some things, I would use any means necessary. For other things, I would use any legal means.

I think NASCAR is stupid. The most I'm going to oppose that, I've already done by calling it stupid. I wouldn't bother arguing with someone why I think it's stupid. I don't oppose it so much that it's worth my time to argue about. I'm not bigoted against NASCAR, or people that enjoy it. I think it's just fine to enjoy it, if that's your thing. But I don't, and I think I have good reasons to not enjoy it.

Religion is not like NASCAR though. I oppose religion because I think it is extremely dangerous. Some things that are dangerous have some kind of payoff that you only get through those dangerous means. I don't see that with religion. I don't see anything you can get there that you can't get through safer means. That is why I oppose religion to the extent that I do, through argument. I wouldn't infringe someone's right to believe. I tolerate religion. If I didn't, I'd be killing believers, or trying to outlaw religion. I don't want to do that. If people can have religious beliefs without harming others because of their beliefs, I probably won't say much in opposition to that. Then it becomes like NASCAR. I would just hope that you get out of it what you want.

As long as religion is popular, it will be causing harm. That's just how religion works. That's the way it has always worked. When it loses popularity and power, it loses the ability to cause much harm.

I oppose the system of religion. I oppose many beliefs taught by many religions. I'm not prejudiced against believers. I've seen enough variation in people who wear the same labels that I can't predict much of anything about believers. Being prejudiced against them would be inaccurate. I want to be accurate when I'm arguing about anything.

#487856 Feb 13, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
I doubt any of the wanna-be christians will step-in to correct you, they dis-like me so much.
You're welcome Mike... actually I did miss you, you know? But no-one appreciate insincere questions in of itself... that has nothing to do with you as a fellow human being who God created in His image.(((Mike)))

But did you get my last question? You never heard of anyone waking up the next morning next to someone in bed and wondering what happened?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#487857 Feb 13, 2013
For those that have talked of Mother Teresa...

I had read before that she had doubts...questioned her faith...that did not change my opinion of her...after all I had and still have my own doubts.

The CBS clip talks of those doubts...taken from her very own writings...

The other two sites take her life a little further and give me reason to question. Whether the info is valid I can not attest to but might cause one to do further investigation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-3199062...

http://indianrealist.wordpress.com/2010/05/14...

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/35971-the-r...

There were other sites that also cast doubt but as I said...I have no evidence that any of them are accurate.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#487858 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
Thank you Seraphine ~ I found what I was looking for and have no doubts at all about Mother Teresa, and agree that we are on target for a purpose. I will take all the help I can get on my Spiritual Journey, being a caterpillar in a cocoon :)
Did you look for and accept only what you wanted to find, or did you seek the truth? Do you know the difference?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#487859 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you no respect at all for the words of Jesus ?
Why do you twist them to deceitfully claim he said things he most certainly did not ?
You constantly piss on Jesus simply to spew your hatred me.
May God have mercy on your soul.
I no have to twist anything, what Jesus mean right here:

http://www.letusreason.org/Biblexp47.htm

That verse not mean the kingdom of God in everybody, it certainly not in you writer.

See I can explain and back up my cut and paste and stuff to back my point.

all you have is you opinion you myths and your dreams about paul homosexuality and jesus.

you just like any typical unbeliever. believing Jesus was some atonement not mean anything.

You deny only way can get to father God Yahweh is through Jesus Christ. You deny that. That mean the kingdom of Jesus not in you. Maybe some other god in you, Satan, but not Jesus.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487860 Feb 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
When Jesus say the kingdom of God is in you, he was not talking about you. He was talking about those that know the only way to Yahweh God is through Jesus. Not to unbelieving homosexuals like you.
And the church speaks through another of its millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions of infected vectors.

This is that famous Christian love that we keep seeing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Can't we do better than that? How much stronger would America be if instead of 175 million Christians trained like that, and 35 million irreligious, the numbers were reversed?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#487861 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my dear frenemie, of course it does.
All any of have here is our writngs.
If you do not communicate your thoughts well, you will be constantly misunderstood.
but no come take off pieces of my writings to make your point. you respond to my writing, respond to all my points.

You go cut off my point and only leave part of my writings to make your point, then your point is foolishness.

If your two half dead brain cells can't comprehend, then I suggest a remedial online course in comprehension. haha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Tiny Trump 88,695
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Big Al 703,884
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr bronzeagelegends 996,589
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 3 hr chick fill a 12
WARNING To GOP Republicans 3 hr Bernie fan 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 3 hr Big Al 223,085
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 3 hr Jimbo 2