Yeah, I didn't think so ;)

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#487754 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>That's intuitive Senecus.
Nuth'n much can make me afraid.
I gotta worry fer my kids and thers though.
Thank you Capt'n- many synapses firing for that one(Lol:)

And I agree, concerned for my yungins ,too...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#487755 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> The sea levels are rising naturally due to the melting of glaciers. That in turn causes differences in pressures on the ocean floors and the earth crusts overall. Water has a mean weight of about 8 pounds per gallon. That could affect the rate of subduction and affect the movement of tectonic plates. the warming and pressure could affect the ocean currents which provide heating and cooling of the oceans and air above it affecting weather patterns and ocean life. It is also causing the loss of inhabitable land along all the coastal areas. Places like NYC etc. could become uninhabitable. In general, this happens over very long periods of time. That time frame is actually speeding up right now.
Those are most of the facts as I know them.
Ain't I jist full of wonderful news?
Sorry ya had ta hear it from me.
I beginning to wonder are we birds of the same feather.lol.I am six thousand feet above sea level.After that I go to boat living and fishing.Heard a while back the east coast sea raised a good fifteen feet.Hey some of thoses big boats got some fancy stuff too.I would not want one unless it had a bell on it.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#487756 Feb 12, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
I felt you were on an 'expedition'-Lol!
If a believer is deserted they are not bound in such a situation.
When's the wedding?
No plans at all for that but I was uncomfortable about dating again.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#487757 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.

I said the word "antichrist" is used only in the episltes of John.
"The Antichrist" is not even in them.

The concept of an "Antichrist" is a later invention in Christianity.
Lol!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487758 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If one considers that we had a minor ice age from the 1300's well into the 1800's, it is most likely that we will return to an new "climactic optimum" which last occured circa 1000 AD and was a time of food abundance in most of the world.
That'd be good.

Anybody remember how ta plant fish?

I remember see'n the indians do it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487759 Feb 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I beginning to wonder are we birds of the same feather.lol.I am six thousand feet above sea level.After that I go to boat living and fishing.Heard a while back the east coast sea raised a good fifteen feet.Hey some of thoses big boats got some fancy stuff too.I would not want one unless it had a bell on it.
OK. Brass! Gotta be center tower twin detroit steely. Big icer too!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#487760 Feb 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Seraphine is lovely, and her postings show it :)
I don't consider this forum a boom box in public .... and if Catcher1 doesn't want to hear about our Faith, he simply can move on. He has no tolerance to our Faith, and by the meaning of bigot, this makes him a bigot. It is a horrid word, isn't it?
Hi Sarah,

It is a horrid word, for sure.
Don't you think you are doing the same thing- in not allowing
him his freedom of speach?

I like reading the thoughts, ideas that Catcher and IANS bring to
this forum.

I learned so much from micha and from Ham, on
my topix journey - enough
to make myself comfortable and secure in having others believe
differently from me.
And to also not be afraid in standing up for what I may think
regarding an opposing opinion.

Pretty sure the Gospels have gone far enough around our world,
that the religious people can back off a bit- and let God take over from here.
Man just makes a mess of everything..

Gee whiz.. if only we could simply trust..
-And Love, ofcourse.

Seems so far- fetched?

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#487761 Feb 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that. Two comments:
"2. Look Across the Room. Pretend that you are talking to the person and they are sitting next to you. Donít be any bolder behind the protection of your laptop or iSomething than you would be face-to-face."
Many of the things we post here would not be possible to express in many other settings. People still key our cars, boycott our businesses, harass our children, and even execute pets for expressing such opinions. The Internet has made such expression safe.
Even in less threatening situations, frank discussions with the people in your life can have negative repercussions not suffered in a venue like this. I won't go there with friends. Although the following was a political issue, I recently had dinner over at a conservative Christian friend's house. This actually happened:
TOM: Aint, what's your position on global warming?
AINT: I consider it a credible threat. How about you?
TOM: I don't. Pass the wine.
That was it. I don't think I've ever had that conversation go so smoothly before. Any more than that, and we're likely not friends for long. Our religious discussions are even less provocative.
Mrs. Aint and Mrs. Tom would be understandably upset if the conversation went south and the four of us didn't enjoy friendly relations as a result of the two of us going there.
But here on Topix, more is possible.
==========
Hello Ians,you're welcome and thanks for engaging me, though I 'look' imposing I don't bite:)
What kind of wine,by the way,Jesus only approved a certain type;) I jest...

I don't want to read anything into your friendship but I feel friends can disagree, even vehemently at times, without being 'disagreeable'- obnoxious.

But concerning this medium, you are correct that it gives one greater freedom of expression, and you quickly find many don't have much tact or restraint.

I as a follower of the Way was appalled and shocked ,truly, at the level of disrespect and vulgarity displayed by 'brethren' on many threads. I've mainly posted on monitored blogs or forums before coming here about 4 1/2 years ago, and with only a specific , short term purpose. When I traveled the threads, it looked like a 'bar brawl' compared to what I viewed as 'debate civility'.
Could believe it was allowed, thought if I were a lawyer-"Wow- do I smell a lawsuit?" (No offence to resident attorneys:)

Cont below....

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#487762 Feb 12, 2013
CONT>
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
"4. Disagree With Respect. Even when you do disagree, do so with respect."
I will respect the poster until until he or she gives me cause not to, but not his beliefs, nor his preference to not be offended by mine.
The relationship between believer and unbeliever should be perfectly symmetric. There is no comment that a believer should feel free to make if he considers the opposite disrespectful.
For example, if you believe that "Your god doesn't exist" is disrespectful, then you have no right to say "Jesus lives". If you consider "Your god is weak" disrespectful, don't say "My god is all-powerful."
Likewise, if you consider being called a "moron" or a "dimwit" disrespectful, you have no right to call another poster a "liar".
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
There is a double standard at play with most believers, that their pronouncements are holy, and disagreement is disrespectful, even blasphemous. Those that consider contradiction of their religious opinions disrespectful probably should share them only with like minded people.
Is that reasonable to you?
It would appear you're looking at it from a "law of reciprocity"-'sowing and reaping' or 'do to others as you would have them do to you'(paraphrasing)- correct me if I'm wrong.
Topix I liken to the agoras of old, a virtual one, a 'marketplace of ideas'- where all come to share their 'wares'. It's in the 'mechanics' of that sharing that problems arise. Truly, no one is forced to come here, and if one is so insecure of their viewpoint's ability to survive in the marketplace of ideas, then they best find another pursuit.
I'm writing just of(and to) Christians now, but I don't know where it states in scripture to browbeat, bully, or use perverse innuendos in presenting the Gospel. I mean, can you picture Jesus asking Mary Magdalene if she shaved her pubic region or had an 'air strip'? But I've seen this and worse, posted all in the name of 'evangelism'. It-Ought-Not-Be.
Now ,I personally don't believe some who post as Christians are believers(wait, don't jump to the "No True Scotsman" ...),just as I don't believe some posting as atheists are or any other subgroup.
Some just come for a lark and 'kicks and jollies' to get a rise out of others, witnessed this ,too.
In conclusion I sense 'greater freedom requires greater responsibility'...and restraint. Nice chatting, that's for the soapbox;
Be well...

Location hidden

#487763 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
Thanks.

It's like sometimes I can't believe the ignorance in
concentrating any time at all to homosexuality
- if you aren't a homosexual!

There are so many >real< human injustices occuring around us
every minute- like how about.. human trafficking?? Why young children are living
on the streets selling their bodies for 5$$.- and on and on...

Why are so many thinking so hard on others "sins"??
I don't get it..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#487764 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> OK. Brass! Gotta be center tower twin detroit steely. Big icer too!
That is a huge order and to think all I wanted was a bell.lol.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#487765 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well, thanks for the olive branch CS. I will try ta be more civil, and offer apology for being so brash.
No. I did not know there was a black pope(unless you mean Ratz.), but I do know about the Jesuits running the show. The equivalent of the SS elite(IMO). There was an internal upset in the making in the last 2 years, if memory serves me correctly. I haven't kept up with it though.
It could be interesting how informed you are about the new order within the RCC. I won't push it either...
I am interested in what Qu has to offer up also. The water is boiling in the age isn't it?!
I would have much rather learned more about your beliefs than to pick at your flesh, and that is the truth.
Apology accepted Mr. 42. As I've mentioned before, I forgave you long ago. Truth be told I need to learn to have more patience and have a harder chin rather than be such a hot head loose cannon.

Well Ratzinger is the current pope but based on reports, that won't be the case much longer. He's not the 'black' pope so to speak. The Superior General of the Jesuits runs the show behind the scenes, this according to several sources.

I personally am not a whole bunch interested in RCC business except for the fact that I believe as with the creation of Christianity in Antioch (not by Paul but by Rome), so will it (The RCC) play a vital role in the end of the age of the gentiles.

Yes, I also heard too that they are much like the SS not counting Ratzinger's ghosts of the past. I am also curious about another group within the RCC called Opus Dei. This group seems to be an extremely fanatical right-wing of the RCC, some even say para-military. They are accused of misogyny, almost total secrecy and how they brutally beat and torture themselves.

They were said to have been behind the rise of many Fascist governments like the Spanish Fascist rule that was supported by Benito Musolini and Adolf Hitler. This government was led by General Francisco Franco (1939-75). It was a brutal and murderous regime. Opus Dei's current movements and dealings are at this point in time, unknown.

CS.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#487766 Feb 12, 2013
Senecus wrote:
CONT>
<quoted text>
It would appear you're looking at it from a "law of reciprocity"-'sowing and reaping' or 'do to others as you would have them do to you'(paraphrasing)- correct me if I'm wrong.
Topix I liken to the agoras of old, a virtual one, a 'marketplace of ideas'- where all come to share their 'wares'. It's in the 'mechanics' of that sharing that problems arise. Truly, no one is forced to come here, and if one is so insecure of their viewpoint's ability to survive in the marketplace of ideas, then they best find another pursuit.
I'm writing just of(and to) Christians now, but I don't know where it states in scripture to browbeat, bully, or use perverse innuendos in presenting the Gospel. I mean, can you picture Jesus asking Mary Magdalene if she shaved her pubic region or had an 'air strip'? But I've seen this and worse, posted all in the name of 'evangelism'. It-Ought-Not-Be.
Now ,I personally don't believe some who post as Christians are believers(wait, don't jump to the "No True Scotsman" ...),just as I don't believe some posting as atheists are or any other subgroup.
Some just come for a lark and 'kicks and jollies' to get a rise out of others, witnessed this ,too.
In conclusion I sense 'greater freedom requires greater responsibility'...and restraint. Nice chatting, that's for the soapbox;
Be well...
Ja well... >>>Brother Warrior<<<
I have learned much on this thing called topix, including langage I have never heard... but Mary Magdalene in deed! Think I've heard it all now, and coming from you?
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm learning!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#487767 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No plans at all for that but I was uncomfortable about dating again.
Wow G! This is full of surprise 2night!
>>>BigSmile<< <

Location hidden

#487768 Feb 12, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to see you, Le le. I see you survived Nemo. All is well.:)
Hi, Drew.

The snowstorm was amazing! Not as intense where I am, we lost power and got
some snow..North of us, some places got 30 inches..Schools still cancelled.

Hope you know, somewhat, where my heart is, and that I am not
from satan..

Silly question??

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#487769 Feb 12, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
It's like sometimes I can't believe the ignorance in
concentrating any time at all to homosexuality
- if you aren't a homosexual!
There are so many >real< human injustices occuring around us
every minute- like how about.. human trafficking?? Why young children are living
on the streets selling their bodies for 5$$.- and on and on...
Why are so many thinking so hard on others "sins"??
I don't get it..
So true Lil Sister... so true!

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487770 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya. Ya won ya ole' goat! You an yer peacemaker ways! I jist told Qu 'bout hav'n ta give all the spread money an bets back coz o' you! I mean...we didn't even git past the first round yet! I think it was all jist selfish, an ya jist didn't wanna haft'a clean up the mess. I see how ya are.
We might be able ta set up a stage round like Las Vegas does jist ta git our money back now though. I'll haft'a talk it over with CS an see what he thinks first.
I know what ya mean 'bout the dog's personalities. I like 'em better than people most of the time. At least when ya git bit ya usually know why! LOL
Sorry 'bout yer lose'n yer friends, and they are too...
Anyways, thanks fer think'n that much of both of us ta stick yer neck out like that. Maybe I learned a bit about friends and humility from ya.
Who would'a ever thunk that! Yer gonna be the ruin o' me reputation y'know.
Apologies for posts, post apology.

:)

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487771 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yahweh's (s)word?
Incorrect.

Take 2.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487772 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may call me Catcher.
The 1 was required by Topix, as the name Catcher was unavailable.
But again, I'm Catcher.
And yes, I often do feel intruded upon.
I believe very strongly that religious beliefs deserve respect, but must be kept within one's private life.
The public sector should be totally secular.
Mr. Catchup, I do understand how you feel....just a little bit. You say religious beliefs must be kept privately? Well I think just as one's private parts should be kept in their drawers and not be displayed publicly, so to should homosexuality be kept in a very dark closet in private, not in public.

Once we can agree to all of that, I can ask the Christian contingent in here to consider removing their "Honk if you love Jesus" bumper stickers.

Deal?

CS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 13 min RiccardoFire 70,117
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min AN NFL FAN 121,610
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Anthony MN 582,607
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min WildWeirdWillie 176,353
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min PELE78 825,271
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 98,809
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 26 min andet1987 1,414
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 32 min Paul Porter1 442,438
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) Fri puspamishra130 190
More from around the web