Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487802 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a neighbourhood Church, that was actually my point :)
Where do you live? On Mars? Do you have restaurants?

My point was that the Christian church is not a neighborhood church.

Fennario

#487803 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I did, G, and also copied it and pasted it for all to read. It is intolerance to others beliefs, is it not? Regardless of what beliefs are found intolerable!
Nope. Bigotry can be intolerance of one's skin color. Or sexuality. Or ethnicity. Bigots don't even need for you to express a single opinion to hate you.

Do you consider the following bigotry?

“No, I don’t know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.”– George H. W. Bush

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#487804 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes; I agree whole heartedly and in seeking humility know for a fact that I should not argue back. I don't need to bring to the forefront things that might be upsetting our other posters, I just need to sit back and relax and let them work it out for themselves; knowing that GOD will resolve all issues if they give it to HIM. I know that, because HE does it for me.
I am certainly not offended, and hope not to be seen as militant :)
I agree with Serah, it is best to stand back and let God deal with certain issues and people, and if their hearts are honest and sincere he will provide them with resoution and insight, and IF you are experiencing and frustration in dealing with people like Catcher 1 and others like him, I can certainly understand as some people do not ask questions or correspond out of a desire to learn, but rather to look for the opportunity to express their vile and to insult our beliefs in an attempt to see you upset.

The scripture that Seraphine quoted to you is true of course, but our former Bishop and overseer who was a very wise man IN Christ once warned us to steer clear of arguments and debates with unbelievers because we CAN (the believers) ended up becaming angered and upset ourselves because the spirit of opposition works in that manner against us, I find that sometimes it is best to simply ignore certain posters as you may have to do with people in person and understand what they are about and what they are trying to accomplish with you and simply again.......ignore them.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

You have a Blessed day in the Lord my friend.(:

Fennario

#487805 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem... and to all save a few:
Can you forgive my arrogance and obnoxious responses to you in the past? I don't agree with you on many things but I do not hate you and did not mean to insult you. I have a tendency to be overtly dramatic. No harm was intended. If I can make amends without betraying my own principles I will be happy to do so.
If you cannot, I understand and accept the consequences of my behavior.
Thank you,
Duane
I don't recall any arrogant or obnoxious posts from you to me, and you owe me nothing. But thank you for your willingness to apologize. You set a good example - not just here and now, but with your form of faith, which is thoughtful, and not intrusive.

Likewise, I don't believe what you believe, and I am certain that I have said things that you have found offensive. Please forgive me for that. I know that I'll do it again, but it is not done with malice. These are my heartfelt opinions given only in the hope of helping to make a better world.

We can all get along - theist and atheist - but not the Christian way. We must respect boundaries.

Fennario

#487806 Feb 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
I don't fear Jesus. And I happen to agree with you. Why would anyone fear somebody who loves you. Thanks HL
Why would somebody who loves you allow you to go to hell? Or even create such a place and stock it with demons?

What if I had such power and used it that way? What if I built a torture chamber in my basement and intended to stock it with people? Would that be love?

How about if I told you that it was - that I made it because of my infinite love for people? Would that convince you?

Christian love is a very strange thing to me.

Fennario

#487807 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Reminds me of how Julius Caesar and Hitler were given Dictatorial powers. Those who can not remember the mistakes of the past are condemned to repeat them.
Agreed. If they ever declare martial law in America, look out.

Here's how Marcos turned the Philippines into a dictatorship simply by claiming that there was unseen danger, and that he needed absolute control to protect the people from it: http://www.angelfire.com/trek/revolution0/mar...

Of course, that could never happen in America, because it has a Constitution.

Never mind. I guess that the Phillipines had a constitution, too. Oh, and I guess that it was almost exactly like the American Constitution, patterned after it in conscious flattery and gratitude for America liberating the islands from the Spanish. Here's it's preamble:

"The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence, in order to establish a government that shall embody their ideals, conserve and develop the patrimony of the nation, promote the general welfare, and secure to themselves and their posterity the blessings of independence under a regime of justice, liberty, and democracy, do ordain and promulgate this constitution."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_...

Here's how the government that Marcos commandeered was set up:

"The original 1935 Constitution provided for unicameral National Assembly and the President was elected to a six-year term without re-election. It was amended in 1940 to have a bicameral Congress composed of a Senate and House of Representatives, as well the creation of an independent electoral commission. The Constitution now granted the President a four-year term with a maximum of two consecutive terms in office."

I guess that that didn't prevent a dictatorship when the president declared martial law.

Fennario

#487808 Feb 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wHvES7cses4XX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Fennario

#487809 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobe l_prizes/peace/laureates/1979/ teresa-bio.html
Mother Teresa was born Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu in Skopje*, Macedonia, on August 26**, 1910. Her family was of Albanian descent. At the age of twelve, she felt strongly the call of God. She knew she had to be a missionary to spread the love of Christ. At the age of eighteen she left her parental home in Skopje and joined the Sisters of Loreto, an Irish community of nuns with missions in India. After a few months' training in Dublin she was sent to India, where on May 24, 1931, she took her initial vows as a nun. From 1931 to 1948 Mother Teresa taught at St. Mary's High School in Calcutta, but the suffering and poverty she glimpsed outside the convent walls made such a deep impression on her that in 1948 she received permission from her superiors to leave the convent school and devote herself to working among the poorest of the poor in the slums of Calcutta. Although she had no funds, she depended on Divine Providence, and started an open-air school for slum children. Soon she was joined by voluntary helpers, and financial support was also forthcoming. This made it possible for her to extend the scope of her work.
On October 7, 1950, Mother Teresa received permission from the Holy See to start her own order, "The Missionaries of Charity", whose primary task was to love and care for those persons nobody was prepared to look after. In 1965 the Society became an International Religious Family by a decree of Pope Paul VI.
Today the order comprises Active and Contemplative branches of Sisters and Brothers in many countries. In 1963 both the Contemplative branch of the Sisters and the Active branch of the Brothers was founded. In 1979 the Contemplative branch of the Brothers was added, and in 1984 the Priest branch was established.
The Society of Missionaries has spread all over the world, including the former Soviet Union and Eastern European countries. They provide effective help to the poorest of the poor in a number of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, and they undertake relief work in the wake of natural catastrophes such as floods, epidemics, and famine, and for refugees. The order also has houses in North America, Europe and Australia, where they take care of the shut-ins, alcoholics, homeless, and AIDS sufferers.
The Missionaries of Charity throughout the world are aided and assisted by Co-Workers who became an official International Association on March 29, 1969. By the 1990s there were over one million Co-Workers in more than 40 countries. Along with the Co-Workers, the lay Missionaries of Charity try to follow Mother Teresa's spirit and charism in their families.
Mother Teresa's work has been recognised and acclaimed throughout the world and she has received a number of awards and distinctions, including the Pope John XXIII Peace Prize (1971) and the Nehru Prize for her promotion of international peace and understanding (1972). She also received the Balzan Prize (1979) and the Templeton and Magsaysay awards.***

Your assumption that only 7% of the funds was used for these purposes appears to be way out.
It's not my assumption. And nothing here contradicts it.

Fennario

#487810 Feb 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> FEAR!
set up an incident to cause the people to be in fear. Then tell them you are protecting them. They will throw their liberty away in a moments notice.
You probably already know that they call them false flag operations.
http://www.wanttoknow.info/falseflag

Fennario

#487811 Feb 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
"4. Disagree With Respect. Even when you do disagree, do so with respect."
I will respect the poster until until he or she gives me cause not to, but not his beliefs, nor his preference to not be offended by mine.
The relationship between believer and unbeliever should be perfectly symmetric. There is no comment that a believer should feel free to make if he considers the opposite disrespectful.
For example, if you believe that "Your god doesn't exist" is disrespectful, then you have no right to say "Jesus lives". If you consider "Your god is weak" disrespectful, don't say "My god is all-powerful."
Likewise, if you consider being called a "moron" or a "dimwit" disrespectful, you have no right to call another poster a "liar".
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
There is a double standard at play with most believers, that their pronouncements are holy, and disagreement is disrespectful, even blasphemous. Those that consider contradiction of their religious opinions disrespectful probably should share them only with like minded people.
Is that reasonable to you?
Senecus wrote:

It would appear you're looking at it from a "law of reciprocity"-'sowing and reaping' or 'do to others as you would have them do to you'(paraphrasing)- correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't think so. I think that I am saying that I don't accept a double standard.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#487812 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So using the Scriptures for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness is foolishness accoring to you.
So now Paul is a liar according to you as well.
ROFLMAO
You give much credibility to the term religitard.
this no have anything to do with my writing.

what you write regarding my writing was foolishness.

Think what you want to about Paul and Jesus. No one really no care abuser.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#487813 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thus you say, Jesus is a liar.
Good to know what you think of Jesus.
When Jesus say the kingdom of God is in you, he was not talking about you.

He was talking about those that know the only way to Yahweh God is through Jesus. Not to unbelieving homosexuals like you.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#487814 Feb 13, 2013
~*~*Morning~*~*

“One of the secrets of life
is to make stepping stones
out of stumbling blocks.”

~ Jack Penn

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#487815 Feb 13, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear Father in Heaven, praise be to your name in all the earth! Thank you for the years of good health you have given, and for walking me through the times when I have been ill or faced physical problems. I pray that I, and every Christian, will always be mindful of the fact that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit. We want to keep ourselves clean, pure, and as healthy as possible, for we need to be good examples and have good testimonies before others. We need to honor you and your Spirit through our bodies, as well as our minds and actions. Please give us wisdom and knowledge of right things to eat, the right ways to exercise, and motivate us to do what we must to stay in shape and be healthy. So often we get busy and have so much to do, that we do not make time to take care of our physical bodies. Open the door, give us the desire, and show us the way. May we take care of what you have given us. In the name of the Savior I pray, amen.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#487816 Feb 13, 2013
Encouraging Words....

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:13

K-Love

Fennario

#487817 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
I remember when I was first in the forums, nearly a year before I registered, I thought we could remove our own postings if we were not happy with them. So, there I was in a Muslim forum, replying to all the postings as I thought fit,(assuming) I could remove them, and found I could not.

I think that old forum is still to be found but don't have the link here
Here are a few:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TRG...
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/TTM22CN3QJKU...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T0N...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#487818 Feb 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear Father in Heaven, praise be to your name in all the earth! Thank you for the years of good health you have given, and for walking me through the times when I have been ill or faced physical problems. I pray that I, and every Christian, will always be mindful of the fact that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit. We want to keep ourselves clean, pure, and as healthy as possible, for we need to be good examples and have good testimonies before others. We need to honor you and your Spirit through our bodies, as well as our minds and actions. Please give us wisdom and knowledge of right things to eat, the right ways to exercise, and motivate us to do what we must to stay in shape and be healthy. So often we get busy and have so much to do, that we do not make time to take care of our physical bodies. Open the door, give us the desire, and show us the way. May we take care of what you have given us. In the name of the Savior I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#487819 Feb 13, 2013
Excuse the triple post please.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#487820 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all ~ I'm sorry for my reactions to your posting to Epi, and there was no need for me to come to her defense. Epi is so used to negative comments and flack from her Prayers that she doesn't even bat an eye lid, but in reality I know it would hurt.
Please let Epi post her Prayer here each morning, without comment if you can (you know the old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything?) unless you want to acknowledge her choice and effort of selection.
Humility is indeed the better path to follow and I again apologise for my comments :)
Thanks Friend....If someone gets upset about the postings I let them say what they have to say (Usually "Thanks for your opinion")....and keep on walking.

You are a GOoD friend....Friend...Love ya
Dotor REALITY

United States

#487821 Feb 13, 2013
If you're naive enough to believe the 'official' Chris Kyle story,then you're naive enough to believe that a plane flew into the Pentagon on 9-11....even though no REAL photo,or video,PROVES it,and you're naive enough to believe that passengers brought down United flight 93,conveniently,in an open,unihabitatd field. Just keepin' it REAL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Afe Babalola Admission list 2016\2017 sessio... 3 min franklinne 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 646,747
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 9 min andet1987 2,091
Babcock Admission list 2016\2017 session is ... 12 min franklinne 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min New Age Spiritual... 445,729
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Doctor Peace 49,084
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 20 min okimar 53,827
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min New Age Spiritual... 971,754
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr hungtexas69 24
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr Annaleigh 105,636
More from around the web