Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#487766 Feb 12, 2013
Senecus wrote:
CONT>
<quoted text>
It would appear you're looking at it from a "law of reciprocity"-'sowing and reaping' or 'do to others as you would have them do to you'(paraphrasing)- correct me if I'm wrong.
Topix I liken to the agoras of old, a virtual one, a 'marketplace of ideas'- where all come to share their 'wares'. It's in the 'mechanics' of that sharing that problems arise. Truly, no one is forced to come here, and if one is so insecure of their viewpoint's ability to survive in the marketplace of ideas, then they best find another pursuit.
I'm writing just of(and to) Christians now, but I don't know where it states in scripture to browbeat, bully, or use perverse innuendos in presenting the Gospel. I mean, can you picture Jesus asking Mary Magdalene if she shaved her pubic region or had an 'air strip'? But I've seen this and worse, posted all in the name of 'evangelism'. It-Ought-Not-Be.
Now ,I personally don't believe some who post as Christians are believers(wait, don't jump to the "No True Scotsman" ...),just as I don't believe some posting as atheists are or any other subgroup.
Some just come for a lark and 'kicks and jollies' to get a rise out of others, witnessed this ,too.
In conclusion I sense 'greater freedom requires greater responsibility'...and restraint. Nice chatting, that's for the soapbox;
Be well...
Ja well... >>>Brother Warrior<<<
I have learned much on this thing called topix, including langage I have never heard... but Mary Magdalene in deed! Think I've heard it all now, and coming from you?
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm learning!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#487767 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No plans at all for that but I was uncomfortable about dating again.
Wow G! This is full of surprise 2night!
>>>BigSmile<< <

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#487768 Feb 12, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to see you, Le le. I see you survived Nemo. All is well.:)
Hi, Drew.

The snowstorm was amazing! Not as intense where I am, we lost power and got
some snow..North of us, some places got 30 inches..Schools still cancelled.

Hope you know, somewhat, where my heart is, and that I am not
from satan..

Silly question??

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#487769 Feb 12, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
It's like sometimes I can't believe the ignorance in
concentrating any time at all to homosexuality
- if you aren't a homosexual!
There are so many >real< human injustices occuring around us
every minute- like how about.. human trafficking?? Why young children are living
on the streets selling their bodies for 5$$.- and on and on...
Why are so many thinking so hard on others "sins"??
I don't get it..
So true Lil Sister... so true!

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#487770 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya. Ya won ya ole' goat! You an yer peacemaker ways! I jist told Qu 'bout hav'n ta give all the spread money an bets back coz o' you! I mean...we didn't even git past the first round yet! I think it was all jist selfish, an ya jist didn't wanna haft'a clean up the mess. I see how ya are.
We might be able ta set up a stage round like Las Vegas does jist ta git our money back now though. I'll haft'a talk it over with CS an see what he thinks first.
I know what ya mean 'bout the dog's personalities. I like 'em better than people most of the time. At least when ya git bit ya usually know why! LOL
Sorry 'bout yer lose'n yer friends, and they are too...
Anyways, thanks fer think'n that much of both of us ta stick yer neck out like that. Maybe I learned a bit about friends and humility from ya.
Who would'a ever thunk that! Yer gonna be the ruin o' me reputation y'know.
Apologies for posts, post apology.

:)

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487771 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yahweh's (s)word?
Incorrect.

Take 2.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487772 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may call me Catcher.
The 1 was required by Topix, as the name Catcher was unavailable.
But again, I'm Catcher.
And yes, I often do feel intruded upon.
I believe very strongly that religious beliefs deserve respect, but must be kept within one's private life.
The public sector should be totally secular.
Mr. Catchup, I do understand how you feel....just a little bit. You say religious beliefs must be kept privately? Well I think just as one's private parts should be kept in their drawers and not be displayed publicly, so to should homosexuality be kept in a very dark closet in private, not in public.

Once we can agree to all of that, I can ask the Christian contingent in here to consider removing their "Honk if you love Jesus" bumper stickers.

Deal?

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487773 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may call me Catcher.
The 1 was required by Topix, as the name Catcher was unavailable.
But again, I'm Catcher.
And yes, I often do feel intruded upon.
I believe very strongly that religious beliefs deserve respect, but must be kept within one's private life.
The public sector should be totally secular.
I mean Mr. Catcher.

LOL

sorry.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487774 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> We may actually be more on the same page than you might have imagined CS. I will try to be more precise in my diction also.
Thanks
You are most welcome Mr. BT42.

CS.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487775 Feb 12, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Apology accepted Mr. 42. As I've mentioned before, I forgave you long ago. Truth be told I need to learn to have more patience and have a harder chin rather than be such a hot head loose cannon.
Well Ratzinger is the current pope but based on reports, that won't be the case much longer. He's not the 'black' pope so to speak. The Superior General of the Jesuits runs the show behind the scenes, this according to several sources.
I personally am not a whole bunch interested in RCC business except for the fact that I believe as with the creation of Christianity in Antioch (not by Paul but by Rome), so will it (The RCC) play a vital role in the end of the age of the gentiles.
Yes, I also heard too that they are much like the SS not counting Ratzinger's ghosts of the past. I am also curious about another group within the RCC called Opus Dei. This group seems to be an extremely fanatical right-wing of the RCC, some even say para-military. They are accused of misogyny, almost total secrecy and how they brutally beat and torture themselves.
They were said to have been behind the rise of many Fascist governments like the Spanish Fascist rule that was supported by Benito Musolini and Adolf Hitler. This government was led by General Francisco Franco (1939-75). It was a brutal and murderous regime. Opus Dei's current movements and dealings are at this point in time, unknown.
CS.
It's all in the wind CS. I was pretty nasty and out of line. I should have had more respect for you and all the others here, but I was only thing about my own self interest-which is wrong. So I will again apologize for my despicable behavior...not that it will absolve my acts, but it is in honest intent.
Speaking of the Jesuit stuff...Quite some time back I got into it with Them and posted their secret oath etc. WOW! It was like dealing with interpol or cia. They literally wanted me gone. It was OS invasion hack redirect trojan blah blah. If I were a normal joe, I would have never known, but I build a fort knox system and killed every bit of it straight away. Them folks is bad news so beware if you want to play in their safe. They can and will hurt you. It is ironic that you by chance happened upon that subject. LOL!
Thanks CS

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487776 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
That's the CS I remember!
<smile>
Fully appreciated Duane, thanks. I suppose I may be too easily distracted.

Andrew (CS).

Location hidden

#487777 Feb 13, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a huge order and to think all I wanted was a bell.lol.
Oh. I thought ya wanted ta really go fish'n!

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487778 Feb 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks CS. I have devoted a great amount of time and research to this, and am still as a scribe(poorly at that). There is much more not yet on the table, and being suppressed. Some material I had marked, and wen back some time later to utilize was completely removed and made unavailable. It is frustrating.
The pyramids were built at least 12,000 years ago-as was Gobekli Tepe. Baalbeck is uncertain, but most likely earlier. The earliest were of the largest pieces (in general). That does not consider the worldwide structures and they are many and huge construction and extremely intricate layout also...nor the others in the middle east and India. We have sophisticated structures in Africa 160,000-250,000 years ago. Of course we don't wish that discussed do we. That is evolutionary taboo. These are milestones in world development that correlate to many other findings (one has to go through hell to actually aquire them though). I am glad you posted this also. It gives me some more avenues to consider.
I had accumulated piles of material in e-files, and lost much of it in a crash. It set me back to the point of not wanting to even try to put it all together again(fail). It was in prep. for a book.
You may have helped to reinspire me...it is sooooo much work.
Thank you CS
I would like us to speak more on this. By any chance did your documentation include Khemet civilizations through the Mesopotamian region long before the Gihon and Pison rivers dried up? Forgive me if it seems I'm being a bit clumsy but most of my research focuses on pre and post flood Babylonian solar and lunar calendar, demonology, Egyptology, Greek and Roman mythology, theology, Hebrew studies, Judaism and early and modern Christianity, WWII, military and music. LOL

Any way I can help, I will be happy to do so. Glad to know you feel reinspired.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487779 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of how Julius Caesar and Hitler were given Dictatorial powers.
Those who can not remember the mistakes of the past are condemned tp repeat them.
I fully agree. Just like Hitler losing in Russia basically the same way Napoleon did. Ironic how everyone remembers Julius Caesar and Pompey the Great but forget about the Imperator Marcus Crassus.
:(

LOL

You hit the mark again Duane!

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487780 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on archeology, the oldest Chrisian 'building for worship' is the Dura-Europos 'house-church' built in 235 AD.
Thanks for the date adjustment Duane. 294CE-AD was indeed way off.

Thanks again.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487781 Feb 13, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
A...Mr. Knowledge is a Mrs. Knowledge...LOL ;)
LOL...apologies.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487782 Feb 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure about that.
You seem a bit easily confused Mr. Catcher. So please explain why you're not so sure, if you don't mind too terribly?

CS.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#487783 Feb 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh. I thought ya wanted ta really go fish'n!
Well yea I want to go fishin but who gonna drive this thing cause I am too small.Lol I know what you up too lol lol.You plannin on letting jibber do the driving while you fish he's is snippin too.lol lol me thinks you two could get me in to hep big trouble.I not about to buy any snake oil either.lol lol.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487784 Feb 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You are already picking on the men..... however, you are quite correct and my posting was wrong.
Will you kindly stop picking on people's postings just because you can?
Picking on? Who am I picking on?

I was the injured party, not your little friends. I just want a little restitution - a little satisfaction. Is that so much to ask?

It won't come in the form of the apologies I'm due, so I'll settle for Dim and Juicy making my point for me about the quality of Christian love and forgiveness. Look at how empty it is.

They've both long since forgiven themselves and moved on. Juicy's claim that Christians don't do that because they are commanded to love is as empty as her claim that I am a liar. Isn't it?

That's all I can hope for.

Location hidden

#487785 Feb 13, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like us to speak more on this. By any chance did your documentation include Khemet civilizations through the Mesopotamian region long before the Gihon and Pison rivers dried up? Forgive me if it seems I'm being a bit clumsy but most of my research focuses on pre and post flood Babylonian solar and lunar calendar, demonology, Egyptology, Greek and Roman mythology, theology, Hebrew studies, Judaism and early and modern Christianity, WWII, military and music. LOL
Any way I can help, I will be happy to do so. Glad to know you feel reinspired.
Andrew (CS).
That is quite a spread there brother. Wasn't Khemet in the Nile delta region? Now I am confused. Hmmm...I'm not exactly sure there were 3 major changes there. The Saraswathi area in India was suffering severe drought and the wars were raging there and that caused migration to the Pakastani area... trade road & Ur(Terah- Abrum-Sarai) can't remember the timeline though.
This is off the top of my head...LOL! It's been some time. I will have to "dig". I am sorry CS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Earthling- 65,125
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 654,693
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 5 min Al Capone 2,610
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Gabriel 974,069
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr Bran 59
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 281,981
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,318
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 3 hr Toby 862
More from around the web