“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#487612 Feb 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What does the word "church" refer to in this scripture?:
"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her" - Ephesians 5:25
Do you belong to that church?
Mistranslation. Church comes from the Germanic and Celt word Kurk or Kirk. There were no churches during the time of the Savior until around 294CE (help me out with the correct date on this one Duane).

The Jews never even went to Synagogue either as synagogue is a Greek Temple which was usually pagan. The temple of Athena was a synagogue.

The Jews went to a beit (Home) or a Bait pronounced ba'it (House), Bait Av Yahweh (House of Yahweh). Any dedicated place or house where the Shliyahiym (apostles) and their followers dwelt together and worshiped.

Church is a gross mistranslation.

Thanks for your time.

CS.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#487613 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Serah sez: "Stick to the men, and stop bullying the women. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
You're a Christian, right? I have a few questions for you. Will you answer them?
[1] In Philippians 4:6-7 we are told that, "in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God and the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Do you pray to your god in that way, and did you get the peace that passeth all understanding as promised? Is that true, or is it just hype?
[2] My second question relates to the fruits of the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 tells us that, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
Are you filled with the Spirit? If so, did you get those gifts, or is that just more hype?
Thank you in advance for your kindness, goodness, gentleness, self-control, and forbearance.
You are already picking on the men..... however, you are quite correct and my posting was wrong.

Will you kindly stop picking on people's postings just because you can?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487614 Feb 12, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Who wouldn't want to sell you, I mean, give to you clean air and a less carbon-footprint environment? It's about power and control also... imho
"U.N. Proposes Global Taxes to Fund ‘Global Challenges’ Such As Climate Change"
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/un-proposes-g...
Of course it is. Always has been. Folks are very gullible...especially if you dangle them a carrot.
The world bank is not the USA...and the federal reserve is the arm which reaches in our pockets for them...over which we have NO control. They are NOT run or regulated by the US govt.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487615 Feb 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
You expect Skom to take your insults
He doesn't have much choice, just as I didn't.

Don't worry about Dim. If he didn't like this treatment, he wouldn't have dished it out himself. I have it on good authority that he's a Golden Rule kind of guy.

#487616 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
But will they be with wonderful, loving people? Are you planning to call the other souls in heaven liars like you do down here?
And what makes you think that you're entitled to a place in heaven given your wrath? You make a liar of your god and a mockery of his promises with your recent outbursts. You seem to assume that you will be forgiven for those posts. Why?
If so, you are an example of what I have been calling Christian forgiveness on demand - the cheap type of self-forgiveness permitted by Christian doctrine for people too cowardly to take responsibility their offenses and injuries.
<quoted text>
Who did I insult? You?
Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
Indeed it is....

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#487617 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, THAT don't sound too good!
If God can't take a joke He is far less than a god.

#487618 Feb 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Not at all.
I have total respect for anybody's personal religious beliefs, and also their practices as long as they don't intrude on others.
My objection is not to personal religious beliefs and practices.
It's the intrusion of religion into the public arena that concerns me.
And the posters I am addressing, are the ones who want to foist their religion on others. I find this to be despicable, and I will continue to assert my view.
Sometimes, humor is an effective tool.
At other times, a frontal attack is required.
Religion should be a personal thing.
It shouldn't be flung around to those who may be unwilling to listen to it.
Just like a boom box in public.
It's not appropriate.
<quoted text>
.. you're better than this ..
.. we must stand against bigotry in all forms ..
.. funny how life works. Right after your post, Seraphine made this post:
<quoted text>
Seraphine is lovely, and her postings show it :)

I don't consider this forum a boom box in public .... and if Catcher1 doesn't want to hear about our Faith, he simply can move on. He has no tolerance to our Faith, and by the meaning of bigot, this makes him a bigot. It is a horrid word, isn't it?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#487619 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
We have no duty to tolerate Christian intolerance such as Christian homophobia and atheophobia. Maybe you don't understand what humanists mean by tolerance in the context of diversity and pluralistic societies. I'll explain:
For starters, note that unbelievers are tolerant of religion in the political sense, since we are happy to allow you to worship as you see fit in the privacy of your homes and churches without fear of governmental persecution. Christians have that now, and nobody is threatening to remove that. One doesn't need to feign respect for religion or faith to be tolerant in this sense.
Furthermore, tolerance doesn't mean tolerance of everything. What we want is a mutually tolerant society. Those that don't agree or that can't play nicely will not be tolerated. We tolerate the tolerant - not the intolerant, and we don't let our intolerant enemies call us hypocrites for so doing.
It's no more hypocritical than saying that we advocate for a peaceful, nonviolent way of life, but will take up arms to defend or restore that status if necessary.
For a very intelligent man (and I mean that sincerely) your knowledge is lacking and your evidence for why things are the way they were and should still be is also poor. You have not addressed this. I have asked for these so called ideas and you have desperately failed to provide them. You have failed miserably.

Epic Fail.

All you have to do is present your ideas, thoughts or opinions with some background proof or knowledge why homosexuality should be accepted as the norm. This is all I request. you have always been free to speek old fellow, my only problem is when you spoke, you came down on the religious folk with a heavy hand but then when the other cheek was not given you, you run away and complain like a little sissy.

...with all due respect. If you require knowledge filled respectful conversation, why not seek to provide it first? Just a thought.

:)

Counter_Strike: There is no leader that cannot follow at times, but there seem to be too many bosses in this world.[Quo Vadis]

#487620 Feb 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. out of respect, an understanding of their love and all the neat gifts I received if I took their advise ..
<quoted text>
.. yes and my daughter does not fear me. She proved that with a little stunt she pulled yesterday ..
.. kinda know where you're going with this. It just doesn't work for me ..
.. your turn ..
If you met Jesus tomorrow, would you fear or trust him ??..
I would trust HIM ~ as I always have :)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487621 Feb 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That what happen to people that read the bible to judge Christianity.....
Damn those bastards that use the Scriptures for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

ROFLMCBO

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487622 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> My grand daughter went to Italy, and wanted to be sure to realize these secrets as best as she could, soo I spent much time with her on this. She called me right from there totally astounded, almost beyond speech, by what I had confided in her.
I am not suprised. I am amazed.

Very interesting. I was aware of other places like that but not the Vatican and Rome.

Fennario

#487623 Feb 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
it appears that Lucy will be having fun tossing insults at people she feels deserves it, according to her post, so I guess from a Christian point of view, it must be fun tossing insults at Atheists.
With your permission and blessings, I'm going to try to persuade her otherwise. Perhaps she's had a little too much of that kind of fun already. I sure hope that Juicy takes my counseling to heart and grows from this.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487624 Feb 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>and you no have the slightest clue what that verse mean, because that verse is about a spiritual experience which have never happened to you and if I had to guess probably won't ever.
"the kingdom of God is within you."

Jesus lied ?

Pauline apologetic in 3... 2... 1...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487625 Feb 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>only one path to father Yahweh God, through Jesus Christ.
Only one truth, only through Jesus Christ can you get to God.
Reject that one path and that one truth, and you is damned, for a truth...
Exactly why I reject Paul and Christianity.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#487626 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If God can't take a joke He is far less than a god.
He listens to your STOOPIDITY 'EVERY DAY'.

Fennario

#487628 Feb 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
In my opinion, the Church is us

The Church is GOD and the people
Then why were you telling me about your neighborhood church when I referred to the church? "The church" is not a building in a place. It is an abstraction.

All Christians are trained by the church if they get their beliefs directly or indirectly from the Christian bible and/or clergy.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#487627 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"the kingdom of God is within you."
Jesus lied ?
Pauline apologetic in 3... 2... 1...
Just like Christopher Dorner....you're going to HELL.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#487629 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes. There are 10 regional territories set up, with control centers set up for each respectively. Those command posts are already operating and ready for activation upon notice as a military action under marshal law as a state of national emergency. Effectively making this nation a 10 state (region), militarily governed nation where all civil rights will be effectively suspended without due process of law (by congress) until such time as the commander in chief deems it necessary(if ever)to return it to it's previous republic state.
Same as Fema camps? Just recently just heard of those and didn't know quite what to make of it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487630 Feb 12, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I agree with you in much regard Ms. Walker, I still think in a lot of ways you don't get it and purposefully so. While the Savior loved everyone and met with all different kinds of people, it did not mean he agreed with much of what they do on a daily based. Throughout scripture, we see Him use words like hypocrite, viper and white-wash sepulcher to describe the behavior of others, so in turn, He wasn't hypocritical and He is able to honestly draw the line between wrong and right.
Love is Love but doesn't dictate or differentiate between wrong or right. If your child is bad and did bad things, you would still love your child, but it doesn't mean you would be in support of his or her wrong doing. This is the thing I'm very concerned about, and that is people who use 'Grace' as an excuse for other to continue living the way they live because 'god' will forgive them.
This is why we talk about no respect for the Law and people being far too excited about abolishing it or saying it was abolished. While we all recognize that every one of us sin and fall short of Yahweh's glory, "Grace" was not meant to be for the sinner but for those that keep the Law. It is only common sense that 'Grace' can only be given if an offense was made. So I ask, what was offended for 'Grace' to abound? In either case, I commend you on your compliment for Knowledge's post. It was a very good post.
Shalom!
Andrew (CS).
Thanks!
That's the CS I remember!

<smile>
Doctor REALITY

United States

#487631 Feb 12, 2013
So,apparently,Christopher Dorner set his hide-out cabin on fire,and then he committed suicide. Apparently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 688,427
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Bongo 36,002
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 988,353
How did black people get here ( economically) 4 hr Doctor REALITY 44
We do NOT need any walls! 4 hr Johnny 31
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 9 hr RFD 12
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 14 hr Doctor REALITY 55
More from around the web