Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#487509 Feb 12, 2013
Thanks.

Yep, Paul was a 'sinful' man like most of us. Some worse than others, none perfect.
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with G-O-D he did. Go back and reread Acts. Paul was notorious for what G_O_D accuses him off above. Read Acts 22:20, I don't think it gets any plainer than that... He often spied on others and had them punished/killed for not living up to his expectations of what 'he ' thought Christ would want. But, you must read the whole New Testament to understand, he learned as you read through the New Testament he was wrong. He finally realized before his death it is all about the love of Jesus, that he did much of it wrong, he had many regrets... You must read the "whole" New Testament as quickly as possible, so you don't forget any of it. You must also read it with a pure heart, asking God to help you understand. I went through it in less than a week when I read it with a pure heart... In my opinion, the books were put in the order to show us what Pauls life was, and the horror of judging, spying on his friends, murders and punishments...but at the end it was all about the love of Jesus. So many people and even preachers miss it all....they just jump from a few chapters and scriptures to another book to make a point they want to get across. Yes, you will find it all in the King James Version, if you seek, you shall find. If you knock, it shall be opened. Many will argue the point, but man sometimes tend to follow men, and choose not to follow the Bible, in fear they are to ignorant to understand, or in fear, of just learning something that they might feel uncomfortable with. Some just too lazy, and will follow anything.....Good hunting.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#487510 Feb 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? How do I explain that? OK.
It never happened. It's a myth.
Honestly you can not explain this and neither can I explain it either.

Never say Never.Never assume.

Tis is a myth.Only satisfaction to the mind.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487511 Feb 12, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't shoot you...I don't own a gun! I might use a pea shooter though...promise it won't hurt toooooooo badly!:-)
In now way am I saying I agree or disagree with what you have said.
What you have found is a personal journey. It is right for you.
However...
If while one is on their own journey and find something different...maybe even totally opposite...
Who found truth?
I personally...think that there is a certain amount of truth in all of it...that truth depending on your needs and your experiences.
During my time on Topix I have read what many have found as truth for then. While I have agreed with bits and pieces...I have read not one that fits me totally.
Strange isn't it...so many paths...so many truths...
Now...that pea didn't hurt all that bad did it???
SOL
Nah...I ducked!
OUCH!
Play fair will ya?!
When you read these things, just keep that in mind...it won't hurt
I truly believe that is the most important message that survived antiquity.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#487512 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you acknowledge the book of Job and yet get nothing from it.
That what happen to people that read the bible to judge Christianity. Versus those that read the bible expecting God to enlighten and add to what they read through the blessed Holy Spirit.

The bible has at least two meanings. The literal words on the page, and the underneath spiritual meaning to help the believer walk closer spiritually with Jesus Christ.

Why you think the unbelievers on here just criticize the bible with they opinions, but when you ask them to give evidence or explain they either go cut and paste things they themselves no understand, or they just shut up and shut down.

Almost all the criticisms unbelievers have is they opinions. and if you just writings about opinions, you having fun and trivial discussions about the bible and nothing to get serious about.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#487513 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dead Sea Scrolls were, depending on the scroll, written between 400 BC and 100 AD.
Carbon dating results available here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dating_th...
More reliable sources discredit carbon dating.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/31/us/errors-a...

So no one can really tell when the dead sea scrolls were written.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#487514 Feb 12, 2013
#1.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>What creationist scientist use the bible to deny the dinosaurs?
In fact the bible in itself say there were giants in the land in genesis.
Creationist may dispute the time frame of millions or billions of yrs when the dinosaurs(giants) rome the earth. But until you show me creationist scientist that outright deny the existence of dinosaurs, your writing is getting to be as uncredible and mythical as that G_O_D writer writings.
There are lots of beliefs out there trifecta1, that was my only point to the example I used.
“A closely related argument suggests that the universe was not created old because that would imply that God is deceptive; instead, the appearance of age and dinosaur bones is attributed to the actions of Satan, who is trying to lead us astray.“ Found here:
http://atheism.about.com/od/creationismcreati...
If you would like to know more about the dinosaur argument, the information is out there and can be found by looking under “Young Earth Creationist“. It was just one example out of many that I chose to use, simply to express to you how varying beliefs truly can be.
#2.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You no seem to get it. I tell you the bible can be used to justify many sins and behaviors. But it still wrong and people or nations will pay for that sin.
I get it just fine, as that was and still is my point. That was why I asked if you understood that you were clarifying my own point for me. Found here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
You understand exactly what I am saying, yet you seem to be trying to turn it into a disagreement for some reason. The only thing I can come up with is that you think that there is some kind of motive behind what I am saying. My question was simple. I was trying to understand where the person I questioned was coming from with his opinion. That was it.
#3.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When is it ok to use the bible to harm another person? let me see,,,,maybe when that person want to steal you property or hurt you children?
What you saying? that there should never be a reason to harm somebody?
You is a pacifist or something?
If the U.S never harm nazi's we might be writing on this billboard in german.
So again, what in the name of anything is you trying to say writer? you not making any sense.
You read as though you are contradicting yourself a bit in this post. I may be reading you wrong though. If you take the #2 part and #3 part of your response,(numbered for clarification) they seem to say two different things. I personally do not think that the Bible should ever be used to harm another.

No I am not a pacifist. In my opinion, the Government sending troops to war is leaving the Government to it‘s job. Me drawing arms to protect myself from another, is not leaving my life to the will of God.
If we are now done chasing our tails, not that I minded it since its been a good discussion in my opinion…
The original point of this discussion (on my part) is still that we can and do see the scripture different, and that it is ok in my opinion -*as long as*- I do not tell you how you should live your life based on my own beliefs. I do not know Gods plan in/for your life, do I?

Location hidden

#487515 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
My grand daughter went to Italy, and wanted to be sure to realize these secrets as best as she could, soo I spent much time with her on this. She called me right from there totally astounded, almost beyond speech, by what I had confided in her.
dr Shrink

United States

#487516 Feb 12, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I have warned you,that the time is drawing near! TODAY is the day of salvation! For you are promised another opportunity tomorrow! Watch the YouTube videos of American Airlines flight 11 and United 175 slamming into the twin towers and then you should REALIZE why the Lord Christ Almighty gave this stern warning!
You are whack-a-doodle sick.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#487517 Feb 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 17:21
http://bible.cc/luke/17-21.htm
and you no have the slightest clue what that verse mean, because that verse is about a spiritual experience which have never happened to you and if I had to guess probably won't ever.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#487518 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya. I understand how you might see it all, and that you rely on the writings as teaching truth in the spirit. I have a different outlook and belief. Very difficult to put into words. I believe that there were better teachings and understandings of the ALL long long ago, and what we have now are but small remnants of those teachings and "knowledge". Those "knowings" of old have been misinterpreted and mistranslated over the ages into something completely contrary to the intent of a far better civilization than we have now. We may have progressed from what little time we know of history, but we have regressed as compared to the great civilization that once was. I believe we had a great civilization maybe about 35000-12000 years ago, or possibly even before that. We suffered a couple cataclysmic events. Those being supernova events that caused major havoc on our planet, a planetary collision(s)within our solar system(involving our earth, and there is evidence also of nuclear war. From what I have found, we have not come close to that degree of sophistication yet. All the real ancient history has been lost, and what we have is vague and adulterated...much of it deliberately changed. That is why it is so difficult for us to make sense of. This might sound crazy, but it is being verified by research, and our translating of very ancient documents and artifacts are now showing correlating evidence. That which has been taught is incorrect and untrue due to power lusting entities. Even much of the Abrahamic relations of history are found to be refabrications of a more ancient history and events. Our very ancient ancestors communicated in "binary" code and symbols similar to our "newly discovered" scientific symbols, and it appears that they may have understood quantum mechanics.
That is the light in which I see the history of the world, and the religious teachings that resulted due to it's course. I believe in the ALL/IAM, but in a far different light than any "religion" that has portrayed it as something lesser than it should be. I feel that "men" have selfishly adulterated it into self serving idolatry symbols to feel more self important than they really are, and suit their own needs...that being an abomination to the ALL. That is also why the Roman theocracy tried so desperately to stamp my people out of existence.
Jibber is the trickster! Ya.
Mornin Captain;

I do not for one minute think mankind has tapped the very tip of what really is,this includes the writtings,science,history,ect ect.
I shall share only a opinions:We as humans are only island dewellers.We are living on floating Islands.Theses are ever moving upon the waters of this earth.As the earth moves so do theses floating islands.Has man been to the center of mother earth yet.
There are many mysterious yet untapped by mankind.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#487519 Feb 12, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't shoot you...I don't own a gun! I might use a pea shooter though...promise it won't hurt toooooooo badly!:-)
In now way am I saying I agree or disagree with what you have said.
What you have found is a personal journey. It is right for you.
However...
If while one is on their own journey and find something different...maybe even totally opposite...
Who found truth?
I personally...think that there is a certain amount of truth in all of it...that truth depending on your needs and your experiences.
During my time on Topix I have read what many have found as truth for then. While I have agreed with bits and pieces...I have read not one that fits me totally.
Strange isn't it...so many paths...so many truths...
Now...that pea didn't hurt all that bad did it???
SOL
only one path to father Yahweh God, through Jesus Christ.

Only one truth, only through Jesus Christ can you get to God.

Reject that one path and that one truth, and you is damned, for a truth.

No believe me? you will see.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#487520 Feb 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Knowledge.. I am not sure if this is the post that you were refering to but this one brought a tear to my eye. You have no idea how this has touched my heart. God has done some beautiful work in you and I LOVE reading this from you. You hit the nail on the head Knowledge. Its the Goodness of God that leads people to repentance..No amount of condemnation will ever have the affect that Love will have. You are starting to understand the Grace that God has towards us ALL. Keep letting your light shine..Its beautiful
Although I agree with you in much regard Ms. Walker, I still think in a lot of ways you don't get it and purposefully so. While the Savior loved everyone and met with all different kinds of people, it did not mean he agreed with much of what they do on a daily based. Throughout scripture, we see Him use words like hypocrite, viper and white-wash sepulcher to describe the behavior of others, so in turn, He wasn't hypocritical and He is able to honestly draw the line between wrong and right.

Love is Love but doesn't dictate or differentiate between wrong or right. If your child is bad and did bad things, you would still love your child, but it doesn't mean you would be in support of his or her wrong doing. This is the thing I'm very concerned about, and that is people who use 'Grace' as an excuse for other to continue living the way they live because 'god' will forgive them.

This is why we talk about no respect for the Law and people being far too excited about abolishing it or saying it was abolished. While we all recognize that every one of us sin and fall short of Yahweh's glory, "Grace" was not meant to be for the sinner but for those that keep the Law. It is only common sense that 'Grace' can only be given if an offense was made. So I ask, what was offended for 'Grace' to abound? In either case, I commend you on your compliment for Knowledge's post. It was a very good post.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#487521 Feb 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>only one path to father Yahweh God, through Jesus Christ.
Only one truth, only through Jesus Christ can you get to God.
Reject that one path and that one truth, and you is damned, for a truth.
No believe me? you will see.
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#487522 Feb 12, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
#1.
<quoted text>
There are lots of beliefs out there trifecta1, that was my only point to the example I used.
“A closely related argument suggests that the universe was not created old because that would imply that God is deceptive; instead, the appearance of age and dinosaur bones is attributed to the actions of Satan, who is trying to lead us astray.“ Found here:
http://atheism.about.com/od/creationismcreati...
If you would like to know more about the dinosaur argument, the information is out there and can be found by looking under “Young Earth Creationist“. It was just one example out of many that I chose to use, simply to express to you how varying beliefs truly can be.
#2.
<quoted text>
I get it just fine, as that was and still is my point. That was why I asked if you understood that you were clarifying my own point for me. Found here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
You understand exactly what I am saying, yet you seem to be trying to turn it into a disagreement for some reason. The only thing I can come up with is that you think that there is some kind of motive behind what I am saying. My question was simple. I was trying to understand where the person I questioned was coming from with his opinion. That was it.
#3.
<quoted text>
You read as though you are contradicting yourself a bit in this post. I may be reading you wrong though. If you take the #2 part and #3 part of your response,(numbered for clarification) they seem to say two different things. I personally do not think that the Bible should ever be used to harm another.
No I am not a pacifist. In my opinion, the Government sending troops to war is leaving the Government to it‘s job. Me drawing arms to protect myself from another, is not leaving my life to the will of God.
If we are now done chasing our tails, not that I minded it since its been a good discussion in my opinion…
The original point of this discussion (on my part) is still that we can and do see the scripture different, and that it is ok in my opinion -*as long as*- I do not tell you how you should live your life based on my own beliefs. I do not know Gods plan in/for your life, do I?
True thing.

But as I say all along, just because laws say something right, no mean it right in God's eyes.

And although I may have some sympathy that gays are not to have they rights denied under the law, I no have no sympathy in that homosexuals should be told as much as possible, in any way possible, by any means possible, that they homosexual lifestyle is an immoral abominable perverse sin in the eyes of God.

So although I agree you no have to tell someone how to live they life, you can point out what is sin. Then if they brush it off that they no care because they is a atheist or they no believe in the bible, that they business.

But when a country want to legalize sin, then its up to Jesus followers to scream SIN. That is they job. whatever want to happen after that, then let it happen.

What you say about dinosaurs, you have people out there deny the holocaust. So people can say anything. But you ask any Christian scientist that know the bible, they can't say the bible deny existence of dinosaurs, because that not true.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#487523 Feb 12, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing your opinion.
You is welcome.

Location hidden

#487524 Feb 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin Captain;
I do not for one minute think mankind has tapped the very tip of what really is,this includes the writtings,science,history,ect ect.
I shall share only a opinions:We as humans are only island dewellers.We are living on floating Islands.Theses are ever moving upon the waters of this earth.As the earth moves so do theses floating islands.Has man been to the center of mother earth yet.
There are many mysterious yet untapped by mankind.
I agree.
Thank you for not calling me a loon...I was waiting on it. LOL!

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#487525 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> There ya go again. Making totally unfounded projections of your own bigoted biased opinions, placing (or trying to) the blame for your own failure of decency on others ---attempting to create divisions.
You have and will continue to fail in this despicable effort...and will depreciate your own position accordingly.
Grace and I have had our disagreements(unbeknown to you) for some time now. However, we respect each other as persons...something I am beginning to realize that you do not, or are not capable of possessing as a human being (and I use the word loosely).
I would not have even replied to this post except that you are continuing to defame my person.
Thank you for continuing to uphold my conclusion regarding your despicable character.
You're welcome Mr. 42. Besides, I will not hold the above worthless comments about me as I have prior forgiven you of your transgressions against me, and I hope you can return the same.

And I never knew you were on a first name basis with Ms. Walker. Interesting.

I hope you're having a great day....Mr. 42.

Shalom.

The Count of Strikerville.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#487526 Feb 12, 2013
He cares for me!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#487527 Feb 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hi CBart; it is good to have a heart filled with contentment, that we may look forward to tomorrow! I have just been speaking to my friends that help to organise and raise money for the children with cancer; the name of the cause is "Camp Quality".
As the name suggests, there are camps available for the children to go to, along with their parents and just get away and enjoy life. The muppets that are used as a "cheer up" are bald, representing the children that have lost their hair through treatment.
Blessings to you, I hope your tomorrow brings much inner peace and happiness, Serah
Henry replied ~ There is no god!........
Thanks for bringing this forward, Henry, CBart has since passed into the New Realm, and it is always good to have a reminder of friends gone by. I still have the photos from that day raising money, and recall those fun times with a smile of happiness.
There is IN DEED GOD ~ it is up to each of us to feel HIM and to know HIM :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#487528 Feb 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct.
<quoted text>
No, Serah.
Are you referring to Dim? Dim has earned his insults. He begged for them. I asked him repeatedly to mind his mouth. He wasn't interested, so now he reaps as he sowed. Surely you can appreciate that. It's called accountability. You support that, don't you?
Accountability for ones actions?

You expect Skom to take your insults and you expect to read your rude postings and single you out as not having accountability? Sorry, IANS, it doesn't work that way.

And not only that, there is no humility in calling others names, just a childish reminder of how much we have grown and matured since primary school. The names I called the other kids (as well all got called names) pops up in my thoughts every now and then, and I wish I had not been so silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Bongo 46,589
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 6 min youll shoot your ... 399
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Exposing Devil Lies 990,691
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 692,025
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr el rey de los cam... 8,528
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 hr Eagle 12 - 6,705
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 10 hr Edthirty 7
More from around the web