Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#487438 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
The lawless man is another name for him.
Thanks smile

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487439 Feb 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this is true ..
<quoted text>
GoThomas: Jesus said: "If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
.. rather than telling people what to believe, this verse challenges mankind to discover what lies within ..
.. when the New Testament was assembled, conformity to doctrine was essential. Any gospel that refuted the church's position (dogma) was not included ..
That is correct.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#487440 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. I said it so it's proof. This is topix after all.
You are one rascally little bunnie, JLu.
Knowledge

United States

#487441 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> OK!
I still got mine, but it looks like this is gonna be one o' them "gladiator" type battles...you know-the ones where ya gotta actually hold up the guy's head fer the emperor before they'll leave ya go back ta yer cell, like the good ole' days. I ain't too worried...I took on 15 of 'em at once one nite with nuth'n but a knife an chain.
They tried ta take my head off with a chain..pissed me off coz they wrecked my scooter when I hit the chain. LOL! Silly fools jist won't quit.
Sorry, last night I had to turn in sooner than I wanted. Today, my leg is feeling so much better. I was told from my Doctor, that people can have referral pain. Which is if you have hurt your hip, your pain can also be in your knee/leg . I am heading out today for awhile expecting a little snow tonight, or wintery mix. Then it should melt off, but to be on the safe side, I will get the things we need , not falling again! NO gladiator fighting!!!!! LOL Did we do that? LOL I know it got bad....I think we just both got wore out from it didn't we? LOL

I had two large dogs in 2 large kennels put together, one night, it was cold and raining last year. German Shepherd and Pit Bull Mastive, big dogs. Anyway, we have a big huge automatic feeder the dogs decided that night, not to share....So, they stood all night standing in front of the feeder head to head until morning in the wet cold rain, both hardly able to stand because both were so stubborn. They both just stood their wobbling... my husband went out there made them go to their houses or they would have colapsed. They did that off and on after that , and I realized it was what they loved to do. My old Pit bull Max died this winter, we didn't even know he was sick, just old age. That old German Shephrd has gone to Max's dog house and then goes and stares at his grave, for hours. I think dogs sometimes can teach us many things sometimes....We put another dog in with our German Shephrd, but she is not Max.... All that time we worried about them possibly fighting, it was just to pass time, they loved each other in their own ways... Just lossed him a couple weeks ago, had him a long time, he was a part of our family....our baby...:) Just thought I would share that story.... Have a good day my friend.:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487442 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
The lawless man is another name for him.
ROFLMAO

And you all think I am nuts for calling Paul a false prophet.

Don't forget the kitten in Little Red Ridinghood.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#487443 Feb 12, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know,that his short post?
IS WELL SAID OR FLOWS FROM HIS MIND?
I'm not sure from whence it came. All I know is that it came, and it was one of the best things he's said since he's been on this thread so far.

Do you not agree?

CS.

#487444 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
More than most could ever know...The Vatican also.
True... that particular obelisk at the Vatican in St. Peter's square, If I remember correctly originally came out of Egypt.

http://bettybaroque.files.wordpress.com/2011/...

Some words in the bible for "images" translates to obelisk in the original language.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487445 Feb 12, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what is really sad, is speaking to the "elderly" about this...wow...they think they will go to hell if they read anything else, but only the Bible. It is not just in one denomination, I have found it to be in so many denominations. I have to say I am having a hard time with man, I feel traumatized from what I have searched and found out how through time, how they have mutilated the Bible...What I find even more repulsive is so many don't have a clue. You know I have to thank you for making me search for myself. I have a long road of ahead, I am hungry to know what was originally said, not what man over time has raked, and taken away from God's Holy Word. I wish I could get my hands on the original scripts, or I should say a copy of them, converted "exactly" in English. I am sure someday, it will be made available but
I am on a journey now, and if it was not for you and BT I would have never went forward....When you finished your degree in Anthropology, did you happen to find out anything about the 'new dead sea scrolls' and if they were thought to be original. Just wondered what your studies taught on that? Or was it taught as a fake?
The Dead Sea Scrolls were, depending on the scroll, written between 400 BC and 100 AD.

Carbon dating results available here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dating_th...

Location hidden

#487446 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the Bible mention LW?
Not directly, no.

#487447 Feb 12, 2013
Edit to Capn (previous post): "standing images"

#487448 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I can see that. God is good, thanks Qu <3
God is Good ALLLLLL the time...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487449 Feb 12, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>But didn't you say earlier that the word "antichrist" was never used?
Nope.

I said the word "antichrist" is used only in the episltes of John.
"The Antichrist" is not even in them.

The concept of an "Antichrist" is a later invention in Christianity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487450 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>At the risk of being "shot"...It is not the "kingdom of heaven" as you would know it...it is the ALL. It is as much you as you are it. If you can understand universe you can understand atomic and sub atomic structure. When you understand the essence that drives it on every level, you will "know" the ALL/IAM, and it will "know" you. As it is above, so it is below...you are all of you gods, and the ALL is you. You always were, you are, and you always shall be. To know one's self is to know god.
It has been said throughout history in a multitude of ways...all of them meaning the same thing. In that string one can find the only inalienable truth.
So Mote It Be.
I am reminded of an Islamic story where a man who walked through Mecca saying "There is nothing in these clothes but Allah!" was considered a prophet while the man who walked the same street saying "I am Allah." was stoned to death for blasphemy.

#487451 Feb 12, 2013
Take care folks.. Lordwilling, b back l8tr..

Since were on the subject it made me think of a funny episode to one of favorite shows:

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487452 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought The Law was abolished ?
You silly Christians always contradict yourselves.
?

#487453 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I said the word "antichrist" is used only in the episltes of John.
"The Antichrist" is not even in them.
The concept of an "Antichrist" is a later invention in Christianity.
Maybe I read it too fast... isn't this what you said originally:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only an opinion. The word antichrist is never used.
The Beast could be anyone or anything or nothing at all, the entire work is unintelligable. I think John the hermit had way to much Soma.
Feel free to mistransalate the text anyway you want though.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#487454 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been to Jefferson, South Carolina?
Hmmm...
Let me think about that. I'll give you an answer several weeks from now.

:)+)

CS.

Location hidden

#487455 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
My best friend is dragging me to a Peacemaker course that starts next week.. I wonder why? Lol...
So...You are going to the Colt Arms convention huh?
Knowledge

United States

#487456 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
My best friend is dragging me to a Peacemaker course that starts next week.. I wonder why? Lol...
Honestly, years ago before I decided to work in the prison system, I thought I would major in business. I took a few classes one of them was call Customer Service. LOL Being a lot younger I hated that class! LOL That should be a madatory class for everyone to take if they have to work with people. It could have been called the peacemaker class, I suppose...LOL Business classes were not for me, I turned over to major in Criminal Justice. I guess what I am trying to say, your heart has to be in it, to make it work....LOL

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487457 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I stand corrected. Thanks. I fell into the 'evidence equates to proof' fallacy.
And thanks for the feedback.

Yes, there is a difference between evidence and proof, even though the words are often used interchangeably.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min Seentheotherside 45,862
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 21 min Joe Fortuna 693
The Future of Politics in America 33 min River Tam 294
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min crucifiedguy 284,690
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 56 min Al Capone 3,396
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min Aura Mytha 977,502
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 88,487
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 665,576
More from around the web