Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#487366 Feb 12, 2013
The Washington Monument is phallic of which pagan gods? Out of many One? The Most powerful and politically persuasive man in the world is usually whom... Knight Templars who worshipped baphomet (goat of mendes) heavily influenced freemasonry.. which also heavily influenced the building and structure of the U.S.?

http://www.grenswetenschap.nl/images/artikelf...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487367 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! If ya took 10 of us an took one book in the bible, an had everyone write it to the best of recollection, there would be 10 different versions of that very book. That is human perception...and when ya give yer interpretation you project your perception upon the paper.
Lol..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#487368 Feb 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure does explain to all that have there eyes open and can understand.
If you truthful knew you would not have to even ask,why should anyone fear someone who loves him.
To the law and to the testimony if they speak not according to this word it is because there is no light in them.Isaiah 8:20
Now please tell me you do not understand this either.
.. rather than explain, this scripture separates, so, OK, I'll say it, "I don't understand." ..

.. a wise parent teaches and commands respect void of threats or condemnation ..

With Established Harem

#487369 Feb 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>You wanting only a game and I not interested in insincerity.thank you last post go play else where.
.. game ??..

.. for nearly 20 years, I've been asking this question and nobody has adequately explained it. It makes absolutely no sense to me ..

.. if you know somebody loves you, you trust, not fear, them. If you met Jesus tomorrow, would you fear or trust him ??..

With Established Harem

#487370 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Not at all.
I have total respect for anybody's personal religious beliefs, and also their practices as long as they don't intrude on others.
My objection is not to personal religious beliefs and practices.
It's the intrusion of religion into the public arena that concerns me.
And the posters I am addressing, are the ones who want to foist their religion on others. I find this to be despicable, and I will continue to assert my view.
Sometimes, humor is an effective tool.
At other times, a frontal attack is required.
Religion should be a personal thing.
It shouldn't be flung around to those who may be unwilling to listen to it.
Just like a boom box in public.
It's not appropriate.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have read a lot of your postings, to Atheists and to Christians, and understand where you are coming from. You have different tolerances ~ probably due to your bigotry, and you appear not to even be aware of them. Sad, that.
.. you're better than this ..

.. we must stand against bigotry in all forms ..

.. funny how life works. Right after your post, Seraphine made this post:
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Retaliation solves nothing but leads to more violence and cruelty of word and deed. A rebuke by its very nature should be loving and gentle and should invoke feelings of wishing to do better and not guilt nor shame.**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
mike

AOL

#487371 Feb 12, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Apostle Peter: "...if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly,
...and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard,
...if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful natured and despise authority...."
Funny Quin!
If "Lot" was righteous then we all get in.

If you read the "story" correctly "Lot" wanted to act out his perversion in private. His "childrens",children never accepted the "GOD-concept".

With Established Harem

#487372 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Aaah! But you are looking for the wrong thing...It is not a "he"...The ALL/IAM is in the sun and is the sun, and is hiding in plain sight...and out of sight. Your Jesus explains it..for those that have "eyes" to see...When you see within, you will see without...they are only mysteries until they are found....noone can "find" them for you...these things you will "know".
.. nice ..

.. is the Kingdom of Heaven "out there" or "within" ??..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487374 Feb 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Juicylu sez: " if he's a 'trained legalman' then I'm an Astrophysicist."

Juicylu wrote, "If I do decide to insult you ..."

You already have. You called me a liar.

Juicylu wrote, " ... it will be very much deserved ...."

That remains to be seen. I've asked you to provide your evidence defending your allegations about me. Have you done it? Will I find your demonstration that I am a liar between the post I'm answering and the one I'm writing now, or will you just call me more names?

And what have I said to you that even comes close to that? I've said that you're quick to anger and that I'm not going to make the effort to coddle you any longer. I criticized a rebuttal of yours by saying that it was nothing more than a "Nuh-uh." I teased you about "lmcao." I pointed out a gratuitous insult of yours. Where is the assault on your character?

Where did I call you a liar or anything else like that, such as a thief, or a pervert? I didn't, did I?

You were the one who crossed that line.

Juicylu wrote, "... it won't be name calling"

I think that that ship has already sailed.

Juicylu wrote, " Yes it will be fun for me as well."

You're a lot angrier than you let on.
Lol... Proof? Read your posts. If you lie I have to point it out, we can't have hypocrisy now can we? If you feel insulted maybe you could stop lying? Just a thought. Assume away, I sit here laughing, it's better than TV... Lol... You telling me I'm angry, that's just awesome! Hahahahaha...

With Established Harem

#487375 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
*PORTIONS SNIPPED*
There seems to have been a reason certain books were left out.
.. this is true ..
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
You have posted that you believe the 4 canonical gospels and yet you also believe the gospel of Thomas. Either the 4 were lying or
Thomas was because they depict two very different Jesus teachings and personalities.
GoThomas: Jesus said: "If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

.. rather than telling people what to believe, this verse challenges mankind to discover what lies within ..

.. when the New Testament was assembled, conformity to doctrine was essential. Any gospel that refuted the church's position (dogma) was not included ..
mike

AOL

#487376 Feb 12, 2013
For the professing wanna-be christians:

The good book states,..judgement begins with the "nutty" believers first,..so rather than trying to saved the world, try fixing the house of believers first.

“Saved. ”

#487377 Feb 12, 2013
I was on the USS AMERICA (A Carrier warship) for a time when I was in the Navy. Every U.S. naval ship has a number assigned to it and the America was 66.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_America_ (CV-66)

The Squadron attached to the vessel was COMCARGRU 6... the Squadron commander went by the name of Death Angel 1.

The U.S. Interstate that directly links to D.C. is from East to West is I-66. The United Nations is based in the U.S. and getting more powerful...

The old Route 66 is known as Mother Road or Mainstreet of America.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487378 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do better for you.
The character Satan appears only once in the Hebrew Bible, in the fictional(according to most Rabbis) allegorical story know as Job.
The character Satan also occurs only once in the Canonical Gospels; in Jesus' desert fasting's vision (IE: not real), also allegorical.
Interesting. I wonder what the Christians have to say about that? They seem to think that Satan spends more time mucking in their lives than their god does.

“Saved. ”

#487379 Feb 12, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Funny Quin!
If "Lot" was righteous then we all get in.
If you read the "story" correctly "Lot" wanted to act out his perversion in private. His "childrens",children never accepted the "GOD-concept".
Lot was raped... you wasn't aware of that or did you jump to conclusions too quickly? Read it again.

The same thing happens when something is slipped into someone's drink so that they are drugged.
mobile7

Bakewell, TN

#487380 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
One could easily read Revelation as a condemnation of Paul and the Roman Gentile church.

And of course you do !:-P

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487381 Feb 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Serah sez: "Stick to the men, and stop bullying the women. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

You're a Christian, right? I have a few questions for you. Will you answer them?

[1] In Philippians 4:6-7 we are told that, "in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God and the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Do you pray to your god in that way, and did you get the peace that passeth all understanding as promised? Is that true, or is it just hype?

[2] My second question relates to the fruits of the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 tells us that, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

Are you filled with the Spirit? If so, did you get those gifts, or is that just more hype?

Thank you in advance for your kindness, goodness, gentleness, self-control, and forbearance.
[1] Yes, I pray like that and in accordance with God's will for my life. No, it's not hype. I'm a very different person now, I've never known peace within before I had faith.

[2] Good question. It hasn't been something that happened overnight, not for me anyway. The fruits of the Spirit have developed in me, over time and through learning from experiences I've had over the past three and a half years. I'd say I have all but the last two, however I am much gentler and controlled than I've ever been. Definitely not hype.

Thanks for the link, I didn't see that comment. I'm sorry.

I have a few questions for you, weren't you a diligent Christian once?
Why did you ask me those two questions? Don't you know already?
Was it to judge me?
Do you believe that Christians cannot question your posts or disagree with you? Or point out your hypocrisy?
Cheers :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487382 Feb 12, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello

Are you asking me to take your word for it?

Sorry,...I'm having trouble with believing the bible.
Does the Bible mention LW?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487383 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am reminded of a friend of mine in my youth. After an arguement he said "You just hate me 'cause I'm Jewish."
I replied, "No. I am just pissed off at you because you are being a jerk. Your religion and family have nothing to do with it."
It was something we both needed to voice and understand.
Yep. We see that a lot here - "Why do you hate me for my faith?"

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487384 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Are you being funny ?

You are making no sense.
Did you even look at what was there ? Read any of the texts ? Not even the Canonical Gospels and Paul's letters ?

Are you saying the Bible is full of atheist books ?
Oh dear...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#487385 Feb 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.....If you met Jesus tomorrow, would you fear or trust him ??..
I would trust Jesus.
I would demand an apology from YHWY.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487386 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>One could easily read Revelation as a condemnation of Paul and the Roman Gentile church.
Lol... Now who's being funny...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 9 min DTC 484
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min It aint necessari... 864,883
Rajkot gay Topix 1 hr chirag parmar 197
sex (May '13) 1 hr vapi btm 180
Interracial Dating 1 hr white stud 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Mia Copa 599,783
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 2 hr Dennis 42
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Justice League_ 2,009
White Lives MATTER 9 hr Burke Devlin 113
More from around the web