Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487355 Feb 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
Bigot : Dictionary "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ." You are intolerant, therefore you are a bigot!
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your god is a bigot by this definition. It defines an in-group and tortures the rest.
Juicylu wrote:
Praise God in His infinite wisdom! Otherwise I'd have to spend eternity with hate mongers instead of wonderful, loving people who care about something other than themselves.
But will they be with wonderful, loving people? Are you planning to call the other souls in heaven liars like you do down here?

And what makes you think that you're entitled to a place in heaven given your wrath? You make a liar of your god and a mockery of his promises with your recent outbursts. You seem to assume that you will be forgiven for those posts. Why?

If so, you are an example of what I have been calling Christian forgiveness on demand - the cheap type of self-forgiveness permitted by Christian doctrine for people too cowardly to take responsibility their offenses and injuries.
Juicylu wrote:
This is another odd post coming from you btw. Now you're calling God names, a God you don't believe exists, do you often call 'imaginary entities' names? Or was that yet another insult?
Who did I insult? You?

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#487356 Feb 12, 2013
Apostle Peter: "For they mouth empty, boastful words and, BY APPEALING TO the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error.

They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him.

If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ AND ARE AGAIN ENTANGLED in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true:“A dog returns to its vomit,”

#487357 Feb 12, 2013
Hmmm. Washington D.C. area used to be Rome, Maryland... with 7 known hills in that area.

Capitol Hill, Meridian Hill, Floral Hills, Forest Hills, Hillbrook, Hillcrest, and Knox Hill?

Fennario

#487358 Feb 12, 2013
Can you produce a lie from me? I need the quote and link, and the argument that shows that it is a lie. If you can't, what does your claim make you?
Juicylu wrote:
That's hilarious! Are you sure Skom is the one with the memory problem? Why should I copy paste your posts just to jog your memory? If you are uncertain of what you have posted, look at your posts. I think that makes me someone who doesn't follow your ludicrous 'rules'. I have no need to prove what you have posted, it's there for all to read. LOL..."I now you are so what am I?" My 7 year old upon being caught by his older brother in a lie.
Wrong answer.

I'll let your fellow Christians explain why.

Do you remember your words about Christian forgiveness and love? I do. Here they are, with my reply :
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

I wasn't off by much, was I?
mike

AOL

#487359 Feb 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
God paid a ransom to save you and the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.
1 Peter 1:18-19
K-Love
Hello Epi

Encourage words!

Trying thinking for yourself, I know you can do it your GOD expects you to.

Fennario

#487360 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Is a link to you repeating yourself supposed to be evidence of something?
Yes. It's evidence of what I actually posted, something you don't feel the need to provide.

And it's evidence that our values just aren't the same. But then I haven't spent as much time in the church as you have.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#487361 Feb 12, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>One of those that I saw had heavy "gnostic" overtones. There were some things that matched with the Word and some things that didn't... it was more useful to pass the time as entertainment rather than something biblically educational imho.
Sometimes when I watch hollywood type shows or something with historical biase like that frontline story... I have to treat them like I do when I'm eating fish.. that is, "chew the meat and spit the bones out." smile.

Juicylu wrote, "<quoted text>
Is the history of the Bible essential knowledge for a Christian?"

Imho it definitely wouldn't hurt to get a better understanding...
Cool. Thank you :)

Location hidden

#487362 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>OK. No argument.

Does it matter?
I don't know, does it affect your beliefs? Do you think that saying what is written in the Bible is a myth affects my beliefs? If it doesn't matter then why continue this charade?

Location hidden

#487364 Feb 12, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I've come across gnosticism lol... I believe that those gnostic gospels (Gospel of Judas, thomas and the like) were fabricated by various gnostic sects. JMO.

Simon Magus (who was a Sorcerer who supposedly got saved... found in Acts) is credited with being the father of those particular gnostic sects...
I like that you laughed, bless <3

Location hidden

#487365 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya. Read Job again. He was just a pawn in the whole affair, who couldn't understand what or why, but his faith saw him through, and was rewarded(if you could call that a reward).
Ha! Jist listen ta me will ya! Tell'n YOU about the bible. LOL!
Jist tell me ta shut up!
Nah, I like you too much, plus you're an alien, I must be hospitable if I'm to try to study you and ask for coordinates.

#487366 Feb 12, 2013
The Washington Monument is phallic of which pagan gods? Out of many One? The Most powerful and politically persuasive man in the world is usually whom... Knight Templars who worshipped baphomet (goat of mendes) heavily influenced freemasonry.. which also heavily influenced the building and structure of the U.S.?

http://www.grenswetenschap.nl/images/artikelf...

Location hidden

#487367 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! If ya took 10 of us an took one book in the bible, an had everyone write it to the best of recollection, there would be 10 different versions of that very book. That is human perception...and when ya give yer interpretation you project your perception upon the paper.
Lol..

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#487368 Feb 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure does explain to all that have there eyes open and can understand.
If you truthful knew you would not have to even ask,why should anyone fear someone who loves him.
To the law and to the testimony if they speak not according to this word it is because there is no light in them.Isaiah 8:20
Now please tell me you do not understand this either.
.. rather than explain, this scripture separates, so, OK, I'll say it, "I don't understand." ..

.. a wise parent teaches and commands respect void of threats or condemnation ..

With Established Harem

#487369 Feb 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>You wanting only a game and I not interested in insincerity.thank you last post go play else where.
.. game ??..

.. for nearly 20 years, I've been asking this question and nobody has adequately explained it. It makes absolutely no sense to me ..

.. if you know somebody loves you, you trust, not fear, them. If you met Jesus tomorrow, would you fear or trust him ??..

With Established Harem

#487370 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Not at all.
I have total respect for anybody's personal religious beliefs, and also their practices as long as they don't intrude on others.
My objection is not to personal religious beliefs and practices.
It's the intrusion of religion into the public arena that concerns me.
And the posters I am addressing, are the ones who want to foist their religion on others. I find this to be despicable, and I will continue to assert my view.
Sometimes, humor is an effective tool.
At other times, a frontal attack is required.
Religion should be a personal thing.
It shouldn't be flung around to those who may be unwilling to listen to it.
Just like a boom box in public.
It's not appropriate.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have read a lot of your postings, to Atheists and to Christians, and understand where you are coming from. You have different tolerances ~ probably due to your bigotry, and you appear not to even be aware of them. Sad, that.
.. you're better than this ..

.. we must stand against bigotry in all forms ..

.. funny how life works. Right after your post, Seraphine made this post:
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Retaliation solves nothing but leads to more violence and cruelty of word and deed. A rebuke by its very nature should be loving and gentle and should invoke feelings of wishing to do better and not guilt nor shame.**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
mike

AOL

#487371 Feb 12, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Apostle Peter: "...if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly,
...and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard,
...if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful natured and despise authority...."
Funny Quin!
If "Lot" was righteous then we all get in.

If you read the "story" correctly "Lot" wanted to act out his perversion in private. His "childrens",children never accepted the "GOD-concept".

With Established Harem

#487372 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Aaah! But you are looking for the wrong thing...It is not a "he"...The ALL/IAM is in the sun and is the sun, and is hiding in plain sight...and out of sight. Your Jesus explains it..for those that have "eyes" to see...When you see within, you will see without...they are only mysteries until they are found....noone can "find" them for you...these things you will "know".
.. nice ..

.. is the Kingdom of Heaven "out there" or "within" ??..

Location hidden

#487374 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>Juicylu sez: " if he's a 'trained legalman' then I'm an Astrophysicist."

Juicylu wrote, "If I do decide to insult you ..."

You already have. You called me a liar.

Juicylu wrote, " ... it will be very much deserved ...."

That remains to be seen. I've asked you to provide your evidence defending your allegations about me. Have you done it? Will I find your demonstration that I am a liar between the post I'm answering and the one I'm writing now, or will you just call me more names?

And what have I said to you that even comes close to that? I've said that you're quick to anger and that I'm not going to make the effort to coddle you any longer. I criticized a rebuttal of yours by saying that it was nothing more than a "Nuh-uh." I teased you about "lmcao." I pointed out a gratuitous insult of yours. Where is the assault on your character?

Where did I call you a liar or anything else like that, such as a thief, or a pervert? I didn't, did I?

You were the one who crossed that line.

Juicylu wrote, "... it won't be name calling"

I think that that ship has already sailed.

Juicylu wrote, " Yes it will be fun for me as well."

You're a lot angrier than you let on.
Lol... Proof? Read your posts. If you lie I have to point it out, we can't have hypocrisy now can we? If you feel insulted maybe you could stop lying? Just a thought. Assume away, I sit here laughing, it's better than TV... Lol... You telling me I'm angry, that's just awesome! Hahahahaha...

With Established Harem

#487375 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
*PORTIONS SNIPPED*
There seems to have been a reason certain books were left out.
.. this is true ..
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
You have posted that you believe the 4 canonical gospels and yet you also believe the gospel of Thomas. Either the 4 were lying or
Thomas was because they depict two very different Jesus teachings and personalities.
GoThomas: Jesus said: "If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

.. rather than telling people what to believe, this verse challenges mankind to discover what lies within ..

.. when the New Testament was assembled, conformity to doctrine was essential. Any gospel that refuted the church's position (dogma) was not included ..
mike

AOL

#487376 Feb 12, 2013
For the professing wanna-be christians:

The good book states,..judgement begins with the "nutty" believers first,..so rather than trying to saved the world, try fixing the house of believers first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 min Halle Berry Sister 4,494
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min kent 695,854
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 35 min Bear Claw 60,729
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr RED ROVERS COME OVER 993,860
Baptists 4gave Trump WONT 4give J Swaggart 2 hr Just Wondering 11
News Trump: Dem Memo a 'Bust,' Confirms Actions That... 2 hr Retribution 13
Some fun 4 hr ara033023 1
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web