Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487306 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Where did you get that I don't tolerate anybody's faith? I totally tolerate, accept, and respect anybody's faith. Somebody else's faith is not my business; it's not my place to judge it.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Taken from the other forum....
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as deities go, you have human beings that say they can feel the presence of one, or more. Lots of humans, actually. So there is a link to somewhere beyond what you can physically sense. You just ain't found it.
<Your reply> ~ All that tells me is that there are lots of deluded humans, actually......
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...
Deluded Dictionary : adjective: believing things that are not real or true....
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS is posting in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.
It's a hoot over there.
There's this guy, Counter_Strike.
You'd have a good time with him.
<My reply>: Many of us have met many years ago, through an old forum, What do you think of Jesus; God, thread. We got hassled by a lot of posters and started a couple of different threads, and finally, JW, started the one you are referring to now.
Luckily for just over 40 of us, we found FB (or FB found us) and we have taken our friendship and blossomed it into something that is prettier than a flower. We have shared deaths of loved ones amongst us, known only through forums, and we have shared deaths of our own loved ones, and deaths of our beloved pets and animals.
We have, for no other reason than our Faith in GOD and JESUS, not only found each other, we have built our Family with numbers and with genuine care. Only one member that I know of has had to be removed..... and we have been together in FB for some time now.
I hope you posters who want to make it tough for Christians stay out of that forum, it is weak at the moment and hard for newcomers to have much reason to stay. Anyway, thanks for telling others about that forum, JW started it off in a grand way, and it is still going :)
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV... ***

Sometimes the past comes back to haunt us :)
How are you haunting Catcher with that? Did you think he contradicted himself? If so, perhaps you have too narrow a definition of tolerance. It's always best when you make your argument explicitly.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#487307 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Qu :) great article, a tad militant for my liking but I mostly agree with it. Very well written.
Hey Juice, Praise God... thank you for taking your time to read it and giving your assessment on it. I was perusing through the web and saw a book titled "Queering Elementary Education"... not surprising to say the least. I guess what is a little more surprising is the fact that a former domestic terrorist, here in the states, wrote a small comment in back of it...

"Queering Elementary Education is an important contribution to nourishing the ethical heart of teaching, reminding us how anemic and cold and partial our embrace of our students has too often been. For some readers this collection will be an affirmation, for others a surprise and challenge. But it is a book for all teachers and parents, indeed for anyone concerned with the healthy development of children and schools. And, yes, it has an agenda: it stands straight and strong for fairness, for respect, for humanity, for simple decency.…"

Bill Ayers

Fennario

#487308 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
My objection is not to personal religious beliefs and practices.
It's the intrusion of religion into the public arena that concerns me. And the posters I am addressing, are the ones who want to foist their religion on others. I find this to be despicable, and I will continue to assert my view ... Religion should be a personal thing. It shouldn't be flung around to those who may be unwilling to listen to it. Just like a boom box in public. It's not appropriate.
Amen to that, brother.

Some are flaming. Some wear crosses in plain view. Some have bumper stickers: "We're here, God said it, we believe it, get over it" or "Warning. I break for rapture." I don't even want to know what that is.

I once ran into two of them praying together behind bushes in a public park once when I was with my kids. I don't want them seeing that. Get a room!

I don't really care what consenting adults do behind closed doors, but why do some of these people have to flaunt their religious orientation in public and force it down everybody's throat? It's not natural.

#487309 Feb 12, 2013
Apostle Peter: "...if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly,

...and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard,

...if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.

This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful natured and despise authority...."

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487310 Feb 12, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Juice, Praise God... thank you for taking your time to read it and giving your assessment on it. I was perusing through the web and saw a book titled "Queering Elementary Education"... not surprising to say the least. I guess what is a little more surprising is the fact that a former domestic terrorist, here in the states, wrote a small comment in back of it...
"Queering Elementary Education is an important contribution to nourishing the ethical heart of teaching, reminding us how anemic and cold and partial our embrace of our students has too often been. For some readers this collection will be an affirmation, for others a surprise and challenge. But it is a book for all teachers and parents, indeed for anyone concerned with the healthy development of children and schools. And, yes, it has an agenda: it stands straight and strong for fairness, for respect, for humanity, for simple decency.…"
Bill Ayers
Can I get your thoughts on the antichrist? I've been told the Bible makes no reference to him at all except in 1&2 John. Can I also get your thoughts on Frontline as a source of Bible history? Is the history of the Bible essential knowledge for a Christian? In your opinion. Also, one of my bros in law and Christ showed me this article, can I have your thoughts on it too? At your convenience of course, cheers :)

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/...

These questions are for all Christians who care to answer btw :-)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#487311 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Aaah! But you are looking for the wrong thing...It is not a "he"...The ALL/IAM is in the sun and is the sun, and is hiding in plain sight...and out of sight. Your Jesus explains it..for those that have "eyes" to see...When you see within, you will see without...they are only mysteries until they are found....noone can "find" them for you...these things you will "know".
"Can't see the forest for the trees" comes to mind.

<smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487313 Feb 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? How do I explain that? OK.
It never happened. It's a myth.
I'll do better for you.

The character Satan appears only once in the Hebrew Bible, in the fictional(according to most Rabbis) allegorical story know as Job.

The character Satan also occurs only once in the Canonical Gospels; in Jesus' desert fasting's vision (IE: not real), also allegorical.

Fennario

#487314 Feb 12, 2013
Senecus wrote:
>>>>A Public Service<<<<
7 Ways To Be ‘More Like Jesus’ Online

I have been amazed at what people who love Jesus can write about other people who love Jesus online. I am referring to comments that believers leave on blogs and Facebook postings. Not long ago, I responded kindly to someone who attacked something I wrote. I think his first word regarding my blog was “NONSENSE!”

By Ron Cantor

When he saw my response, he quickly wrote back an apology saying,“I didn’t realize you would read my comment.” Of course, a blogger with respect for his readers doesn’t just write and disappear but reads responses and responds back. That is the difference between a blog and a magazine article.

We live in new world where people can respond instantly to blogs or Facebook postings—often without realizing that “reckless words pierce like a sword.” We of all people should have our words seasoned with love, even when we disagree.
READ the rest here:
http://www.faithnews.cc/...
You're welcome...
Thanks for that. Two comments:

"2. Look Across the Room. Pretend that you are talking to the person and they are sitting next to you. Don’t be any bolder behind the protection of your laptop or iSomething than you would be face-to-face."

Many of the things we post here would not be possible to express in many other settings. People still key our cars, boycott our businesses, harass our children, and even execute pets for expressing such opinions. The Internet has made such expression safe.

Even in less threatening situations, frank discussions with the people in your life can have negative repercussions not suffered in a venue like this. I won't go there with friends. Although the following was a political issue, I recently had dinner over at a conservative Christian friend's house. This actually happened:

TOM: Aint, what's your position on global warming?
AINT: I consider it a credible threat. How about you?
TOM: I don't. Pass the wine.

That was it. I don't think I've ever had that conversation go so smoothly before. Any more than that, and we're likely not friends for long. Our religious discussions are even less provocative.

Mrs. Aint and Mrs. Tom would be understandably upset if the conversation went south and the four of us didn't enjoy friendly relations as a result of the two of us going there.

But here on Topix, more is possible.

==========

"4. Disagree With Respect. Even when you do disagree, do so with respect."

I will respect the poster until until he or she gives me cause not to, but not his beliefs, nor his preference to not be offended by mine.

The relationship between believer and unbeliever should be perfectly symmetric. There is no comment that a believer should feel free to make if he considers the opposite disrespectful.

For example, if you believe that "Your god doesn't exist" is disrespectful, then you have no right to say "Jesus lives". If you consider "Your god is weak" disrespectful, don't say "My god is all-powerful."

Likewise, if you consider being called a "moron" or a "dimwit" disrespectful, you have no right to call another poster a "liar".
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

There is a double standard at play with most believers, that their pronouncements are holy, and disagreement is disrespectful, even blasphemous. Those that consider contradiction of their religious opinions disrespectful probably should share them only with like minded people.

Is that reasonable to you?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487316 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So I guess that if I comment on the hypocrisy shown here, I am being cruel and bullying women? I don't think so.
I am reminded of a friend of mine in my youth. After an arguement he said "You just hate me 'cause I'm Jewish."

I replied, "No. I am just pissed off at you because you are being a jerk. Your religion and family have nothing to do with it."

It was something we both needed to voice and understand.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487317 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do better for you.
The character Satan appears only once in the Hebrew Bible, in the fictional(according to most Rabbis) allegorical story know as Job.
The character Satan also occurs only once in the Canonical Gospels; in Jesus' desert fasting's vision (IE: not real), also allegorical.
Lol...looks like something satan would say...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487318 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What does the word "church" refer to in this scripture?:
"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her" - Ephesians 5:25
Do you belong to that church?
I did that and I do.

Another reason I do not call myself a Christian.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487319 Feb 12, 2013
I stand corrected.
Thanks.

I fell into the 'evidence equates to proof' fallacy.
<quoted text>
Actually, it is. Reposted from http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
The statement is correct if it is changed to "Absence of proof is not proof of absence."
Evidence is anything that makes a factual claim more likely to be true or false. Absence of evidence where it is expected is evidence of absence even if it isn't proof. Consider the following:
You claimed to have called a coworker from your cell phone on your lunch break to tell the office that you would be late, but there was no record of that call in the telephone company records. The absence of expected evidence suggests that that call was never made.
Then, you said that you drove through a muddy field to get back to work, but that same day, with the ground still soft, no tire prints could be found in the field. Furthermore, the car you said you used, though dirty, had no mud on it. That absence of evidence is evidence that you're probably fibbing.
Finally, you claimed that you did return to work, but nobody remembers seeing you after lunch, and your time card wasn't punched. It's not proof that you weren't there, but it is evidence of your absence. You're probably not getting paid for the afternoon based on the absence of evidence.
See?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487320 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise God in His infinite wisdom! Otherwise I'd have to spend eternity with hate mongers instead of wonderful, loving people who care about something other than themselves....
The Chrisitian God is quite stupid and will end up with the exact opposite.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487321 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
... do you often call 'imaginary entities' names? Or was that yet another insult?
Mother Nature can be a bitch.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#487322 Feb 12, 2013
LOL. That was hilarious.
Here's one I love. Make sure not to give up on it too soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3xJWxPE8G2cXX
Thanks.

I wondered for years what that song was about.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487323 Feb 12, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Well the only good that it did was to bring Spock's body back to life while the planet itself broke up and disolved,right? ;)
Correct. Much like Christianity, not coincidentally.

#487324 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like a book I'd like to read. Thanks :)
You're welcome. There is actually a broader, pansexual worldview that LGBTQ community is administering to our culture, hence the pansexual acronymn "LGBTQ"... the Q standing for "Questioning" btw.
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I get your thoughts on the antichrist?
My own thoughts on that particular subject is transient because it's like trying to hit a moving target. The reason why that is, I've seen so many views on it. Like they said the AC was coming out of Europe and the formation of the EU was part of that. Some also have said that the AC is actually an organization.

But going on some old mem b4 I look into it l8tr... the bible calls him the man of sin. I believe he is a human being from the same Adamic race just like all of us. I think that the AC will be a man with a lot of political power, persuasion and satan himself will possess him as his own... and will enter him just like he did Judas. Judas had a conniving way and charm about him that not even the other disciples knew that Judas was going to be the one who was going to betray Jesus. Pretty much the same attitude towards the anti-christ. He may say to others that he believe in Christ but in his actions... and deep down he is trying to dismantle Christendom. The AC might even seem to be a peaceful man and that is where I think a lot of people will be fooled by him and his political agendas. My thoughts are the AC may not even know that he is actually the AC... he possibly could even come out of America, who knows really? Symbolically-speaking, I do believe America is mentioned in the scriptures.

Anyways, those are some of my initial thoughts on the matter.

#487326 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been told the Bible makes no reference to him at all except in 1&2 John.
His other name is the Beast spoken of in Revelations... and btw, I don't think the RCC Pope is the AntiChrist. It was once thought that one time but I believe even though some thought that it was a particular hope... the prophecy was pointing towards something more diabolical in the future. As you can see the world is changing rapidly before us with the invent of technology and the world is becoming "one" again just like in the time of Nimrod where the world was one and everyone spoke one language. Nimrod, in the Smith's Bible Dictionary means "the extremely, impious rebel" if memory serves me correctly... because history repeats itself, sometime situations like that mentioned in the bible from the past gives a prophetic example for what will happen at a future time. Anyways, I believe Daniel makes mentions of him and I have to look for the rest.. but be advised, the spirit of Anti-Christ has been in the world for a very long time and will one day merge with that man of sin, the AC.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487327 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so anything written by Christians about the Christian Bible is rubbish but the writings of an atheist turned 'Catholic-Naturalist' are credible? I'll read it but, seriously?
You are making no sense what so ever.

The texts indexed there are CHRISTIAN. They are all written 150 years or more before the Bible existed BY CHRISTIANS.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#487328 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...looks like something satan would say...
The truth ? Yep. In both Job and Jesus' vision, Satan never lied.

You have no clue, do you ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Bongo 63,256
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 4 min lucky 13
Poll Which is the strongest Muslim army? (Jan '11) 6 min Turks 355
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 7 min Eagle 12 9,359
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Gabriel 973,531
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Prophecy Update News 653,571
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min crucifiedguy 281,808
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 4 hr Eduardo 42
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr DebraE 106,460
More from around the web