Unshakable
Unstoppable
That's what You are

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487285 Feb 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is. Reposted from http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
The statement is correct if it is changed to "Absence of proof is not proof of absence."
Evidence is anything that makes a factual claim more likely to be true or false. Absence of evidence where it is expected is evidence of absence even if it isn't proof. Consider the following:
You claimed to have called a coworker from your cell phone on your lunch break to tell the office that you would be late, but there was no record of that call in the telephone company records. The absence of expected evidence suggests that that call was never made.
Then, you said that you drove through a muddy field to get back to work, but that same day, with the ground still soft, no tire prints could be found in the field. Furthermore, the car you said you used, though dirty, had no mud on it. That absence of evidence is evidence that you're probably fibbing.
Finally, you claimed that you did return to work, but nobody remembers seeing you after lunch, and your time card wasn't punched. It's not proof that you weren't there, but it is evidence of your absence. You're probably not getting paid for the afternoon based on the absence of evidence.
See?
Is a link to you repeating yourself supposed to be evidence of something? All these words with no credible link, looks like you're probably fibbing. Oh, the hypocrisy, lol.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487286 Feb 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No ~ You don't tolerate our FAITH, but that is how bigoted you are, you couldn't even see where your bigotry lays :)
We have no duty to tolerate Christian intolerance such as Christian homophobia and atheophobia. Maybe you don't understand what humanists mean by tolerance in the context of diversity and pluralistic societies. I'll explain:

For starters, note that unbelievers are tolerant of religion in the political sense, since we are happy to allow you to worship as you see fit in the privacy of your homes and churches without fear of governmental persecution. Christians have that now, and nobody is threatening to remove that. One doesn't need to feign respect for religion or faith to be tolerant in this sense.

Furthermore, tolerance doesn't mean tolerance of everything. What we want is a mutually tolerant society. Those that don't agree or that can't play nicely will not be tolerated. We tolerate the tolerant - not the intolerant, and we don't let our intolerant enemies call us hypocrites for so doing.

It's no more hypocritical than saying that we advocate for a peaceful, nonviolent way of life, but will take up arms to defend or restore that status if necessary.

Fennario

#487287 Feb 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
my 7yr old son, my middle child who should be advertised as an encouragement for contraception.
http://jaysplace.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/... [image]

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487288 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Some of these people need a reality check. Counter_Strike's very name suggests that he's asking for one.
As does his words.
Turkey

Oswego, NY

#487289 Feb 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have now read this post four times, and can't figure out what you are asking me.
Hit the road, jackass. Go hang with your ilk.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#487290 Feb 12, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, a blessed and productive day it was for Sora and I. The Pope has resigned this has not happened in six hundred years. I wonder what now? Who will be the next Pope? Our Parish Priest told us in an email.
Bonsoir mon ami and good morning Seraphine, Glad your day was a good one, and I guess that only time will tell.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#487291 Feb 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers; I have copied out some postings and links from the forum where you invited the others to come over here...
( http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hey wait a minute you forgot the part where someone tells the little girl that the next thing she hears will be Jesus calling her to heaven.
How do I know that?
Because the EXACT same story damn near word for word was told in my Mom's church about a year ago! WORD FOR FCKNG WORD!
Look I know you heard this little tale in church and decided to pull it out here because you are getting destroyed on the facts and for trolling.
You don't like it? Then stop trolling which Trolling is the only reason you are here.
Good grief the Christhole's never change. Always the same just run in troll and spam away and lie through the teeth often using these pull on your heart strings stories.
Next time try a more original lie okay?
<quoted text> )
Hmmm not signed in screen name suddenly.
Anyways you came to the atheist forum to troll and you got what you deserved. Feel free to call me any dirty names that get your panties dripping.
And you like it when I compare Jesus Christ and his followers to an @sshole? Lmfao!
Awesome!)
There is a back door. If you don't exit then it's on you.
This is not a nice place and I'm about to make it worse….)
Obviously I removed myself from that thread; when the posters themselves tell us it is not a nice place and then threaten us with making it worse; well, actually, I will just again thank GOD that I am not an atheist!
Amen Serah, amen..........

Fennario

#487292 Feb 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
You never told me you were a astrophysicist.
Did you know that the lead guitarist for Queen, Brian May, is an astrophysicist? From Wiki

"Brian Harold May is an English musician and astrophysicist most widely known as the guitarist, songwriter and occasional singer of the rock band Queen ... May earned a PhD in astrophysics from Imperial College in 2007 "

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#487293 Feb 12, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh?
You saying Spock died for nothing?
Well the only good that it did was to bring Spock's body back to life while the planet itself broke up and disolved,right? ;)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#487294 Feb 12, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet they caught it off a toilet seat.
That's an interesting cliche given that it is an unclean spirit, right?

Fennario

#487295 Feb 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhhh; Mother Theresa :) An amazing Woman.... and indeed she did let her light shine. I believe that Mother Theresa has the respect of the world, or at least those who have heard of her wonderful life.
Sorry to burst your bubble again, but no - she does not have the respect of the world.

I think that we call all agree that a woman who gives her life to helping the dying poor in some hell hole is a rare person, and one to be admired.

But I don't admire her any more - not since I learned about the millions that she fraudulently collected for her hospices and then spirited off to the Vatican's gold pile.

Who do you suppose came up with that idea - to collect money on the pretense of helping the poor, but giving it to the Vatican instead? Humanists?

And why would she do that? Because she became a sadist. Not a malicious one. But she facilitated suffering nevertheless, because she thought it was beautiful. Seriously:

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." – Mother Teresa

Where do we suppose that she learned that? It sounds like the Sermon on the Mount. In fact, from a discussion of just that topic, Matthew 5:10-12 in particular, at http://www.meetingwithchrist.com/E018%20Bless... , we read:

"We regard those who suffer to be the pitiable ones. They are the unfortunate ones. The Lord Jesus teaches us to view suffering from a different angle. For Him, those who suffer are the ones who should be envied. They are the blessed ones. You see, it all depends on how you look at suffering. If you think carnally, you will pity those who suffer. But if you think spiritually, you will regard it as a privilege to suffer for the name of Christ."

It's a sick religion. Its reputation for benevolence derives from the work of some good people that the church not only doesn't help to become good, but actually helps to corrupt. These people bring their goodness with them, and would do good without the church. Your church happily takes credit for these good works with a lot of self-aggrandizement and puffery.

The Christian church actually convinced this otherwise great woman that it was better to let the suffering suffer and forward the proceeds to Rome. It's sickening.

As a result, she doesn't deserve her Peace Prize, and she doesn't deserve beatification. In the end, Mother Teresa was a sadist and a fraud.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#487296 Feb 12, 2013
"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."

Jude 1:7

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#487297 Feb 12, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Everyone.... smile
The Son of God Music Ministry
He Will Increase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9xPzTSpbYmkXX
You are not a god
Created by human hands
You are not a god
Dependant on any mortal man
You are not a god
In need of anything we can give
By Your plan, that's just the way it is
You are God alone
FROM BEFORE TIME BEGAN
You were on Your throne
Your are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne
You are God alone
You're the only God
Whose power none can contend
You're the only God
Whose name and praise will never end
You're the only God
Whos worthy of everything we can give
You are God
And that's just the way it is
Unchangeable
Unshakable
Unstoppable
That's what You are
Good fairly early morning bro, how's everything wit cha?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#487298 Feb 12, 2013
Well.....

Morning....I think

“You can complain because a rose has thorns,
or rejoice because thorns have a rose.”

~ Abraham Lincoln

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#487299 Feb 12, 2013
Prayer for today....

O Lord let the word of Christ dwell in us richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing each other in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in our hearts to You O Lord! Let whatever we do in word or deed, we will do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

In Your precious name, Jesus Christ, Amen.(Colossians 3)

#487300 Feb 12, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good fairly early morning bro, how's everything wit cha?
Good Morning.. Praising the Lord... that's what's up. Smile.

I haven't read any back from last night... do I need to?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#487301 Feb 12, 2013
Encouraging Words....

God paid a ransom to save you and the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.

1 Peter 1:18-19

K-Love

#487302 Feb 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Prayer for today....
O Lord let the word of Christ dwell in us richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing each other in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in our hearts to You O Lord! Let whatever we do in word or deed, we will do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
In Your precious name, Jesus Christ, Amen.(Colossians 3)
Good Morning, Praise God.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487303 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Did you know that the lead guitarist for Queen, Brian May, is an astrophysicist? From Wiki
"Brian Harold May is an English musician and astrophysicist most widely known as the guitarist, songwriter and occasional singer of the rock band Queen ... May earned a PhD in astrophysics from Imperial College in 2007 "
No. Wow!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Hukt on Fonix 56,396
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Anthony MN 650,810
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min DebraE 106,100
Is Satan behind mixed-race relationships? 40 min Steve III 7
MH370 FACT:Captain Ahmad Shah Zahare is a MASS ... 46 min Doctor REALITY 3
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr sundar 2,040
White gay slaves who like black masters (Nov '14) 2 hr blackdick 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr brandy trujillo 971,898
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,013
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Rider on the Storm 182,989
More from around the web