|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Personally, I think that Frank Tureg did a pretty good job of writing down his thoughts on the whole matter and I'm sure you may disagree with his explanations that the true bigots are the homosexual supporters and homosexuals themselves.
I agree with his view...
Yes, I disagree.

You think gays and their supporters are the bigots? Amazing.

Dim thinks that I shouldn't criticize your church because that makes me a bigot, but I sincerely dislike what it teaches people, and I just want it to stop.
Qu_innocence wrote:
As far as your questions... "Where is the truth in Faith?" The question reminds me somewhat to Pilates question to Jesus... "What is truth?" Pilate, as you may already know, was some sort of Roman Prefect or governer I think (going on old mem). That being the case, Pilate was well familiar with politics. As you know Rome ruled the Jews and he was in charge of that Province. The Jewish leaders were also familiar with politics and knew how to play the chess board. Anyways, Pilate couldn't find nothing wrong with Jesus but the Jews threatened him, "You are no friend of Ceasars"... Pilate was afraid that it would get back to Caesar that "you are no friend of Caesars!" That wasn't true but in a highly-politicized environment political correctness is the truth isn't though "truly" isn't the truth. So being enveloped in all this political turmoil... the lies, the political firestorms, the arm-twisting, the framing of innocents, the strict and loose interpretations of the law, the corruption... after a while, it's hard to distinguish the lie from the truth. Another example:
Bill Clinton (pointing a crooked finger): "I... DID NOT.. HAVE... SEXUAL RELATIONS with THAT woman..."
20/20 almost everyone now knows that he did but according to some law book with legal definitions that he read... technically he did not have "sexual relations" with that woman. It depends what IS is.
So anyways, I say all that just to say that political truth and "true" truth aren't necessarily the same. I don't have faith in political correctness.
OK. But where is the truth in faith?
Qu_innocence wrote:
I believe and have Faith in Jesus' Words and that for me and millions of others, that is the absolute truth.
OK. You believe that what you believe by faith is truth. Nevertheless, where is the truth in faith? Somebody else believes the opposite by faith. Which one is true?
Qu_innocence wrote:
Jesus, without all the political mumbo jumbo, is where truth is. He is the standard and the plumbline to measure with... Now I understand that you don't believe but I'm just trying to answer somewhat comprehensively. The following scriptures are absolute truth for me so that is why I trust them resulting in Faith.
Jesus: "Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth."
Jesus: "The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life."
Jesus: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Psalmist: "All your words are true..."
OK. But these are statements of faith.

Where is the truth in them? There is no truth in faith unless you guess right, and even then, you can't know that you have.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of purchase a map don't you understand Mr. Catcher? How about starting with going South of North Carolina Mr. Catcher, bum a ride and ask a few hobos along the way?
I'll give you a dollar to purchase the map, you can keep the change.
(Friscans are so weird).
Can someone lend this guy an extra dolloar so he can purchase himself a bag of Lays potato chip and a Dr. Pepper while he's on his way? That should fix him.
CS.
Have you been to Jefferson, South Carolina?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Skom has already done something similar, but it didn't help. I explained myself, then he paraphrases that explanation incorrectly, continues to make unsupported claims, casts more aspersions, and we're back to where we started. There's not much reason to expect that to improve.
He's the gift that keeps on giving.
I've told him how to handle the matter: Get my exact words and the link to them, and let's look at those words together. He disregards that, paraphrases again, and yadda yadda.
<quoted text>
What turned me against him was his unwillingness to cooperate - more faulty and unsupported paraphrasing - combined with personal slurs. I can't see how to interpret that more charitably than I have - he's a dimwit.
The only remaining issue is whether he should be told. I can't see why not. Why shelter him from corrective social pressure? It's instructive unless he refuses to benefit from it - that is, refuses to consider his choices.
He should be told, often.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT??? You sent her a dozen long stemmed red roses too???
sigh...that's okay...I prefer pink ones anyway...
.. opppssss ..

.. you weren't suppose to read that ..

.. did I tell you about a recent conversation I had with LAWEST100 ??..

LAWEST100: In a moment of temptation, ask yourself if ten minutes of pleasure is worth a lifetime of guilt and shame.

HL: Ten minutes? Mrs. Lawest100 tells me it never lasts that long.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure:
Paul admits to enjoying the death of the original Apostles:
"And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.' Acts 22:20
Paul declares to have the only "True Gospel" and puts himself above an angel of God:
"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!" Gal. 1:8
Paul declares him self an Apostle:
"Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not the result of my work in the Lord? 2 Even though I may not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 9
Jesus was lower than angels (Hebrews 2:9) and Paul is greater than angels (Galatians 1:8) then is Paul makes himself greater than Jesus.
Just a few off the top of my head
I have to thank you so much for your scriptures on this... If you remember, I told you that I got hurt very bad, and I died, but God, did not decide to keep me.LOL I say that with laughter, and for the love I do have for him. Before my accident/sickness I was on a grace study. There were many things I didn't understand, and started questioning. After my recovery, I lost some of my memory of a few things. It has all pretty much came back to me, but this.... You jogged my memory of my long lost grace study. It was Paul yes, Paul who helped me get through a very hard time in my life. As I read and studied the new testament, I remember how I thought how horrible Paul was, his self rightous attitude. His condoning murders, his investigations on other Christians, the list goes on and on. It was his last part of his life, that he becomes sorrowful and he had hated what he had become in his years. It was his realizing it was all about Jesus Christs love and his teachings . He spoke of many things he had not been proud of, in other words he missed the boat in the beginning, but he found it at the end, before it was too late. You are right about him, but you didn't read in between you missed it. I don't think I would have gotten it, it I hadn't of been going through the things that I was. The part where you said He was higher than angels, the Bible does say that we saints of God will judge the angels. When you thought he was putting Jesus lower than the angels, it was by Jesus's choice to suffer and died without calling for help from God, or the angels of heaven, that is what he meant. Others might argue with me about it, but I don't need their approval on what God had given me. I do find it ironic, that it was all taken out of my mind, and you G_O_D are the reason my grace study came back to me... a hater of Paul. I find that sometimes God has a sense of humor, in many things. You see, I took compassion on Paul in his later years for being so judgmental, took part in murder, and enjoyed watching them. A man, who had his own fellow Christians watched and investigated, making sure he thought the standards should be, yet at the end it was all about the love and grace of Jesus. Does that story sound a little to familiar? I had to learn something too, and if it were not for you and BT coming to my aid, and making me realize how awful and judgmental I too was......:) I guess what it all boils down too is in the end what kind of person you have become....You might not agree with all of this and others might not either even in the church, but that"s okay, we all can agree to disagree. I do think our paths were suppose to meet....:) Thanks again!
Turkey

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
LOL. Good one.
I knew what it was before I clicked.
In spite of many bible examples of long suffering such as Sara waiting to be a hundred and many many others ,its easy to conclude you are a quitter and you have fainted. You wanted a genie. You are not as diligent as you think. What is our feeling of time compared to eternity? What would you know about the bigger picture and why things are as they are? Your failure may not make you an unsavory person but your disbelief and teaching others to disbelieve will ultimatley make you not enjoy eternity.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. opppssss ..
LAWEST100: In a moment of temptation, ask yourself if ten minutes of pleasure is worth a lifetime of guilt and shame.
Mrs. Lawest???.......perhaps YOU can answer that question better than most.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. opppssss ..
Hey congrats on finding Waldorf a home.

Yesterday my beagle went to behavior school...only thing he learned...how to lick peanut butter off a stick...sigh...

He got sent to detention!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Wherefore the law is holy and the commandments holy and just and good.For we know that the law is spiritual but I am carnal sold under sin.Romans 7:12-14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Fear God and keep His commandments:for this is the whole duty of man.Ecclesiates 12:13

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
@ Ians Part 2..

"truth comes from observing the world, not guessing about it."

Scientists guess all the time... in fact, they guess that in natural selection a species had changed. They have millions upon millions of fossils but nowhere can they prove the jump. So they just guessed and think that it's a fact when is not... hence, there are many "theories" of evolution and not a single "theory of evolution" as previously stated by some.
No, there is one theory of evolution, and it's not a guess. Some of the details may be resolved one way or the other, but the central tenet of evolution is confirmed and without competition, and it is this:

All species have descended from a common unicellular ancestor over deep time due to the natural selection of undirected heritable genetic changes in gene pools caused by mutation and gene recombination in individual organism, and leading to their differential survival rates in populations competing for scarce resources and to escape predation. This accounts for the diversity of life on earth and its commonalities.

This is the theory, and there is only the one, whatever the details of it turn out to be.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Faith is believing and being confident enough to act on that faith...
Religious faith is the form with no evidence to back it up.
Qu_innocence wrote:
faith is the trust of the child when her daddy says to jump and he will catch her.
Initially, she is afraid. If she musters the courage to jump, and he catches her, she will trust him more the next time. After a few jumps, if he never fails her, she begins to trust him completely.

That's evidence based belief, not religious faith.
Qu_innocence wrote:
She may hesitate but that trust is so great eventually she will do it. And that is how the Lord wants His people to be... just like children and trust in Him.
I took a leap of faith once, based on no evidence - just a willingness to believe. I got dropped, so to speak. Now I have evidence. My lack of faith is evidence based.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

The law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul:the testimony of the Lord is sure,making wise the simple.The statutes of the Lord are right,rejoicing the heart:the commandment of the Lord is pure enlightening the eye.Psalms 19:7&8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.Romans 13:10

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
Fear God and keep His commandments:for this is the whole duty of man.Ecclesiates 12:13
.. if God is love, why do you fear Him ??..

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to thank you so much for your scriptures on this... If you remember, I told you that I got hurt very bad, and I died, but God, did not decide to keep me.LOL I say that with laughter, and for the love I do have for him. Before my accident/sickness I was on a grace study. There were many things I didn't understand, and started questioning. After my recovery, I lost some of my memory of a few things. It has all pretty much came back to me, but this.... You jogged my memory of my long lost grace study. It was Paul yes, Paul who helped me get through a very hard time in my life. As I read and studied the new testament, I remember how I thought how horrible Paul was, his self rightous attitude. His condoning murders, his investigations on other Christians, the list goes on and on. It was his last part of his life, that he becomes sorrowful and he had hated what he had become in his years. It was his realizing it was all about Jesus Christs love and his teachings . He spoke of many things he had not been proud of, in other words he missed the boat in the beginning, but he found it at the end, before it was too late. You are right about him, but you didn't read in between you missed it. I don't think I would have gotten it, it I hadn't of been going through the things that I was. The part where you said He was higher than angels, the Bible does say that we saints of God will judge the angels. When you thought he was putting Jesus lower than the angels, it was by Jesus's choice to suffer and died without calling for help from God, or the angels of heaven, that is what he meant. Others might argue with me about it, but I don't need their approval on what God had given me. I do find it ironic, that it was all taken out of my mind, and you G_O_D are the reason my grace study came back to me... a hater of Paul. I find that sometimes God has a sense of humor, in many things. You see, I took compassion on Paul in his later years for being so judgmental, took part in murder, and enjoyed watching them. A man, who had his own fellow Christians watched and investigated, making sure he thought the standards should be, yet at the end it was all about the love and grace of Jesus. Does that story sound a little to familiar? I had to learn something too, and if it were not for you and BT coming to my aid, and making me realize how awful and judgmental I too was......:) I guess what it all boils down too is in the end what kind of person you have become....You might not agree with all of this and others might not either even in the church, but that"s okay, we all can agree to disagree. I do think our paths were suppose to meet....:) Thanks again!
By God's Grace you are a witness!
Thank you... I look for more of such from others.

His Blessings filled with Love and Peace be always with you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and with all thy mind.This is the first and greatest commandment.And the second is like unto it Thou shalt love they neighbour as thyself.On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.Matthew 27:37-40

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire:ye heard the voice of the words but saw no similitude;only ye heard a voice.And He declared unto you His covenant which He wrote them upon two tables of stone.Deuteronomy 4:12

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's not much of a rebutttal. To either claim.
<quoted text>
Same as the last time somebody asked. Your god is logically impossible. There may yet be a god or gods, but it isn't yours. Here is the argument:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
There are no perfect gods with perfect love, perfect knowledge and perfect power watching over us. That pretty much rules your god out right there.
So does the creation myth, in the light of modern science. A real god would have gotten the actual history of the universe and of life correct.
What else? Oh yeah - nothing exists outside of time. Nothing thinks outside of time. And nothing acts outside of time. All of those verbs require time. They all have before and after states - a was and an is.
There's more, but that's enough for you to ignore for now.
<quoted text>
As you can see, the opposite is true. You've offered nothing, and I have a reasoned argument for which I'm pretty certain your whole rebuttal will be "Nuh-uh".
<quoted text>
I don't know. Why? Did you think I was?
Only a delusional person would believe that his/her words and opinions on an anonymous forum constitutes as evidence, unless said person was a Scientist who has made a new discovery he/she wishes to share here for the first time, in which case, let's see the data and your credentials. There is no evidence of the non existence of God. There is no evidence of the existence of God. No evidence. I'm sorry if that fact bothers you but it is what it is. I don't have to explain my faith to you or anyone else, but I can talk about it, publicly, as much as I want to and no matter how much you postulate and 'teach'("*snort*") on topix, there is not a thing you can do about it.
I find it odd and amusing, in a ridiculous sort of way, that in the same post you claim you have evidence of 'my' God's non existence (evidence based on logical argument and personal opinion is not evidence), you presume to know the mind of God, I don't know His mind so unfortunately I can't explain His ways to you. I'm so sorry that you lost your faith Teddy and I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend the Bible, truly I am but that doesn't give you license to attack my faith just for kicks. I mean, that is what you're doing here is it not? Or are you searching?
Oh, and nuh-uh!
<3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if God is love, why do you fear Him ??..
Fear God and keep His commandments for this is the whole duty of man.For God shall bring every work into judgment with every secrect thing whether it be good or whether it be evil.
Ecclesiastes 12:12&13

So speak ye and so do as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty James 2:12

For by the law is the knowledge of sin.Romans 3:20

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••