Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487060 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
We certainly know that our universe exists, however, this knowledge alone has not satisfied mankind's quest for further understanding. Our curiosity has led us to question our place in this universe and furthermore, the place of the universe itself. Throughout time we have asked ourselves these questions: How did our universe begin? How old is our universe? How did matter come to exist? Obviously, these are not simple questions and throughout our brief history on this planet much time and effort has been spent looking for some clue. Yet, after all this energy has been expended, much of what we know is still only speculation.

We have, however, come a long way from the mystical beginnings of the study of cosmology and the origins of the universe. Through the understandings of modern science we have been able to provide firm theories for some of the answers we once called hypotheses. True to the nature of science, a majority of these answers have only led to more intriguing and complex questions. It seems to be inherent in our search for knowledge that questions will always continue to exist.

Although in this short chapter it will be impossible to tackle all of the questions concerning the creation of everything we know as reality, an attempt will be made to address certain fundamental questions of our being. It will be important to keep in mind that all of this information is constantly being questioned and reevaluated in order to understand the universe more clearly. For our purposes, through an examination of what is known about the Big Bang itself, the age of the universe, and the synthesis of the first atoms, we believe that we can begin to answer several of these key questions.

While it is true that much of this information is speculative, as the universe ages we are able to become increasingly confident in our knowledge of its history. By studying the way in which the universe exists today it is possible to learn a great deal about its past. Much effort has gone into understanding the formation and number of baryons present today. Through finding answers to these modern questions, it is possible to trace their role in the universe back to the Big Bang. Subsequently, by studying the formation of simple atoms in the laboratory we can make some educated guesses as to how they formed originally. Only through further research and discovery will it be possible to completely understand the creation of the universe and its first atomic structures, however, maybe we will never know for sure.
<end quoted text>
http://www.umich.edu/~gs265/bigbang.htm
<quoted text>
Big Bang Theory - The Only Plausible Theory?
Is the standard Big Bang theory the only model consistent with these evidences? No, it's just the most popular one. Internationally renown Astrophysicist George F. R. Ellis explains: "People need to be aware that there is a range of models that could explain the observations….For instance, I can construct you a spherically symmetrical universe with Earth at its center, and you cannot disprove it based on observations….You can only exclude it on philosophical grounds. In my view there is absolutely nothing wrong in that. What I want to bring into the open is the fact that we are using philosophical criteria in choosing our models. A lot of cosmology tries to hide that."
<end quoted text>
http://www.big-bang-theory.com/
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity." -- Albert Einstein
http://timehuman.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/albe...

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2012/0...

There are no absolutes in Science. Clearly, there are not many Scientists here.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#487061 Feb 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may now hear that fear isn't fear.
Go figure.
help her dumb pollack
show her true fear of God
this fear of God doesn't have torment,
but your fear torment you as failure of human life and your moral descency
read about this fear 1 John 4;17-19

maybe atheistic losers and moral depraved creature like HL
can understand those Gods Passages
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#487062 Feb 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.
what is definition of ABSENCE?
you poor backyard shed house philosoph?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#487063 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I am of the mind that 'God' created diseases and cancers etc. and has no emotional attatchments to the higher primates at all.
That's consistent with the world.

It seems like a good idea to me to envision a god that matches the world that we find ourselves in rather than to try to force reality to conform to a god in an ancient book.

Diseases and cancers exist, and nobody with power and a will to help appears to be watching over us. I'd much rather live in a universe with no god or with an uninvolved god than in one with a god that claims to love us intensely, and then lets people suffer anyway. That last god is actually a little threatening.
Knowledge

United States

#487064 Feb 11, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, You are absolutely lying. No one, hetro, homo, pedo,female , or male or a Christian (? doubt they ever were if they did this)! will not be IGNORED if they were to Rape, Molest
hurt ANYONE, man , woman or child!
You sir, said in the Bible , God told Adam to have sex with the animales, and also a possibility that Jesus could have been GAY. You are a sick old man.
In many cases, you have to realize he is yanking your chain, so to speak and most fall for it. He will give you scriptures to back up if you ask him nicely.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487065 Feb 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence is not "proof" nor "truth". It is only bits and pieces that you gather along the way.
Take a murder trial...one gathers evidence to help determine guilt or innocence.
How one views that evidence based on their own experiences in life will aid in determining what one sees as truth.
I'm aware of what evidence is. I am talking about lack of evidence, opinions are not evidence. Even TV Court requires more than opinions.

Fennario

#487066 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct.
Paul declared himself an Apostle, was involved in the murder of at least one of the real apostles, claimed authority over what was left of the original 12, declared that his gospel (whatever that was) was the only one to believe in, claimed to be above "an Angel from God" and implied he was at least equal to , if not greater, than Jesus.
All the above is in the Bible.
Hmmmm. Which apostle did Paul murder?

Fennario

#487067 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Alex !
A bit of Ludwig Van for you to enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_4IRMYuE1hIXX
Good catch, my droogie.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487068 Feb 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.
Fallacy.
Ad Ignorantium.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#487069 Feb 11, 2013
Therefore you are without excuse, every man who passes judgment, for in that you judge another, YOU condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the "SAME things". And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things.”(Romans 2:1-2).

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#487070 Feb 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm. Which apostle did Paul murder?
LOL...Good question
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#487071 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacy.
Ad Ignorantium.
Sorry sweety?
those idiots doesn't have idea of word evidences,or absence
I ask them and the best way for those idiots is to ignore my questions,'that way thy put own idiotism on their first place of human atheistic falacies

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#487072 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacy.
Ad Ignorantium.
Absence of evidence is not proof of absence.

But absence of evidence IS evidence of absence.

If you see a fallacy here, please explain, without insult.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#487073 Feb 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's consistent with the world.
It seems like a good idea to me to envision a god that matches the world that we find ourselves in rather than to try to force reality to conform to a god in an ancient book.
Diseases and cancers exist, and nobody with power and a will to help appears to be watching over us. I'd much rather live in a universe with no god or with an uninvolved god than in one with a god that claims to love us intensely, and then lets people suffer anyway. That last god is actually a little threatening.
Explain this;
That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon possessed.The whole town gathered at the door and Jesus healed many who had various diseases.He also drove out many demonons but he would not let the demons speak because they knew who he was. Mark 1:32

No one ever wants to admitt there is a satan or that possible satan is the responible party for diseases.Explain this one too.
Knowledge

United States

#487074 Feb 11, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Therefore you are without excuse, every man who passes judgment, for in that you judge another, YOU condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the "SAME things". And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things.”(Romans 2:1-2).
How are you doing Grace? I don't know if you read the post where G_O_D and I were writing, but he gave me back my memory, on what had been forgotten about my grace studies, before I got hurt/ sick and died and came back because of my meds, some things I had forgotten/lost...I honestly believe it was a miracle that he and I came together on this topix, with all that has happened since I was on last Aug. If you did not read, I hope you do, I have never felt so blessed. I know G_O_D may not agree with what I said, but, honestly I feel it was all in God's plan. I hope you read it.Might be three or four pages back.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#487075 Feb 11, 2013
hunnygrace wrote:
Hello, Topix.
I came across this thread and I'm glad to see that it is quite active. I want to pitch in my two cents by answering the question WHY SHOULD JESUS LOVE ME....
Because if He didn't than I'd be in a rut. Jesus should love me because I'm a frail spec amidst creation that could and would be easily trampled on. I'm happy that Jesus loves me because it is only by His love that I am blessed and made special. I love you, Lord!
Hello Hunnygrace ~ thanks for sharing your lovely posting with us :)

Fennario

#487076 Feb 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
Well, he has a name and it's not "Dim".. I suppose you could call him other names, ones more insulting.. But why?? Why call him anything else than the name he goes by??
You don't know? He's a Golden Rule guy, so I just assumed by his liberal use of the words "dishonest" and "liar" that he enjoys being called Dim.

I think that I was pretty clear about the rules of engagement. I asked him to put that "liar" stuff away. He was unwilling to do so. So, he earned a label of his own: the moron known as Dim.

That's fair, is it not?

I understand that he learned to speak that way from his bible, and that he has been accustomed to passing judgment on unbelievers with impunity all of his life. But this is a new era, and his targets now have the power to retaliate.

It's fascinating if not surprising to see the number of Christians here who find my treatment of Dim outrageous. How is my use of "stupid" different from his use "liar"?

#487077 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like someone can be raised from the dead, a man is God, God will torture people for eterniy for not believing what some preacher says, etc. & etc.
GOD is definitely not in the realm of normal in the human sense ~ good posting G, and glad you realise it. However, the Preacher won't have much to do with eternal life, as I am sure you are aware <smiles>

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#487078 Feb 11, 2013
So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
(Matthew 5:23,24)

And forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.”
(Luke 11:4)

When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers,...
(1 Corinthians 6:1-20)

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
(1 Corinthians 13:4-7)

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
(Ephesians 4:32)

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
(James 5:16)

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
(1 John 4:7,8)

Raise your hand if you can comprehend what these passages mean. Too hard? How about this one?

Luke 17:3-4 ESV
Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying,‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”

Hmm...what does repenting to your brother mean?

repent - feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/repent

#487079 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
And an honest person sees that it contains both.
Not seeking negative does not mean negative does not exist :) another good posting on your behalf, you are on a roll!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Nohweh 110,803
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min PRES DONALD TRUMP 675,933
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min Voyeur 184,777
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 57 min Voyeur 39,232
Taking my kids 1 hr advicemama 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 288
Hell Angels motor cycle group (Jul '11) 3 hr Luscious 107
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 hr waaaasuuuup brother 982,119
More from around the web