Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#486967 Feb 11, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Annie, this may sound strange coming from me but I admire your restraint, bringing up one's child or in the case of Sora a dead sister is repulsive and it crosses a moral threshold and becomes a personal attack and no longer an issue of cyberbullying do you not agree? How sad it is for someone in order to feel better about their self worth must tear down the self worth of another to do so. I too feel pity for people such as these who are reduced to feeling hatred towards their fellow human beings due to differences.
Thank you Seraphine and I agree.

People have the right to their beliefs and they have the right to express them. I don't believe however that one always should.

I can deal with the words that are said to me...I have gotten a lot tougher than I would have chosen to. Unfortunately there are many out there that are not strong enough to endure the hate filled words. Those are the people that concern me.

There are so many living in pain and then along comes someone that makes it their right to hurl more at them.

We just have to step up and try to intervene...maybe take a little of the abuse for them.

I wish you and Sora strength to get through this period of sorrow that you both are experiencing during this anniversary of the death of Sora's sister.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#486968 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You said Christians believe they don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness.

Tide with Beach wrote:
Where's the quote, Dim? You got it wrong, again. This time, I'll paraphrase from memory. Christians aren't required to feel bad about who they hurt, or make amends to them. The only ultimate requirement is to ask the Jesus to wash their sins away.

I have no doubt that my paraphrasing uses different words than what IANS said, but I think he would agree with my statement, and not with yours.

IANS reply; Well done.

And thanks again. I've become weary of explaining it to him.

There is a huge difference between what you and I said, and how Dim paraphrased it. Dim is apparently unable to tell the difference. Perhaps he is simply unable to do better. I wouldn't hold him accountable for his linguistic deficiencies. Perhaps he's dyslexic.

But I do hold him accountable for his calumny.....

I would just like to point out that these 2 have come over by invitation from Catcher to have a bit of a laugh at our expense....

Well done indeed by saying we can hurt whoever we want and talk to the sky; talk about being dim, that is literally being stupid.

Well done for your bullying and name calling.. you are like cheats getting further laughs at people who have set up a forum to get a kick and a laugh at other people's expenses.

Go back and laugh with Liberty Guy laughing and ridiculing 2 and a half year old girls and telling us we are stupid praying at a rotted corpses grave site.

Go and laugh with him telling everyone how I had made up the story because his mother came home from Church and repeated my story pretty well word for word and tell him how wonderful he is at knocking Christians.

And leave us alone. I saw your stuffing when I was in that forum, and I saw the stuffing that made me leave that forum. Don't bring your stuffing here and try to stuff this up....

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#486969 Feb 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I await directions to Jefferson, South Carolina?
Are you familiar with the town?
What part of purchase a map don't you understand Mr. Catcher? How about starting with going South of North Carolina Mr. Catcher, bum a ride and ask a few hobos along the way?

I'll give you a dollar to purchase the map, you can keep the change.

(Friscans are so weird).
Can someone lend this guy an extra dolloar so he can purchase himself a bag of Lays potato chip and a Dr. Pepper while he's on his way? That should fix him.

CS.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#486970 Feb 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I am having a brain freeze...I can not for the life of me figure out what P.A. stands for.
Pompous A..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#486971 Feb 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not taking your post as a challenge. To be honest I am merely frustrated by the fact that while some choose to use the Bible to dictate how another should live, they will not look deep into issues that cause them to demean others. In my mind this is not simply about someone’s sexuality, but how someone chooses to use what they personally believe against others.
When I paint my house it is good will to ask my neighbors if they want the left over paint. If they don't want it then it is not my right to paint their houses in the middle of the night the colors I want.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#486972 Feb 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest, no disrespect intended but may I clarify what is going on in my own mind at this point in our discussion? I asked you a simple question about what if someone’s sexuality is one of birth. I gave you no indication of my own beliefs when it comes to the subject at all. You started off by telling me that I had a lot of what ifs in my post when there was only one, and then you attacked my reading comprehension skills. You are picking an argument with me that has nothing to do with what I asked. Skom answered it right off in his reply to me, simply because he actually took two seconds to think about it. You keep stating that you are standing on the word when it comes to what you believe, yet do not seem to understand that it is your own comprehension of the word as it is intended for your life. You could not answer an honest question as it proposed without subjecting me to your own opinion, so why would I think that you have my best interest at heart when it comes to the understanding of the word? In other words what could I possibly learn from you, if you have a personal perception in your head of me…as damned?(Or picked up "that damnable spirit" as you put it)
Since you are being respectful I'll answer your hypothetical, had God made them homosexual (whch he didn't) then as with now they would STILL be required to be converted over into Christ Jesus for their souls salvation sake, in short it would not change anything from what it is now since we ALL were born into the sin nature upon birth, and thus again........the requirement of being born again in Jesus Christ

Does that answer your question?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#486973 Feb 11, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
The Creationists I know do not deny the existence of the dinosaurs. They believe that man and dinosaurs co-existed.
And moreover, it is not okay to harm anyone by using the Bible.
Sorry, you are correct. I should have said “Some” in my post.
Agreed. I do understand that the definition of harm may be disputed. To clarify what I mean, I literally got sick to my stomach yesterday when I read this:
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm perfectly fine with gay kids being bullied to death.
The poster went on to say that the Bible condemns homosexuality so the bullying behavior is ok. To me this type of behavior, is using the Bible to harm others.
I understand that this is an extreme case of someone twisting the word. The problem to me is that it can be done. I would never ask someone to go against what they truly believe God wants for their life, but how on earth can the message received be true, if it is full of hate? Meh, I guess my feathers are ruffled at this point and I should probably let it go for a few to clear my head.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486974 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
.... our new creations in Christ, have been given a way out of every temptation, and should not sin any longer once we believe.....
I am not going to argue the Bible, we've been down that path enough.
What I will say is that I have seen few people who do not break their own "list of sins" thus have never seen anyone who "no longer sins".
IMHO people should admit they commit sin (just like they say gays and others do) or they are simply being hypocrits.

Let those among you who are without sin cast the first stone.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#486975 Feb 11, 2013
The comment I gave in my above post is found here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T64GV6Q...
Sorry, I forgot to include it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486976 Feb 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What is sin.
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law:For all sin is the transgression of the law.
1 John 3&4...
I thought The Law was abolished ?

You silly Christians always contradict yourselves.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486977 Feb 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR opinion my friend.
Nope. I asked a question based on your words.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486978 Feb 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Nevertheless the Word of God defines it,....
Nope. Your opinion of what God's Word is has nothing to do with it.

We in the USA have a secular country. May I suggest you move to a country run by "The Word of God" ? I hear Iran is nice this time of year. They even execute homos and adulterers there.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486980 Feb 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Romans 1:21-32
That describes a lot of Christians.

“Hunnygrace, RN”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#486981 Feb 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Seraphine and I agree.
People have the right to their beliefs and they have the right to express them. I don't believe however that one always should.
I can deal with the words that are said to me...I have gotten a lot tougher than I would have chosen to. Unfortunately there are many out there that are not strong enough to endure the hate filled words. Those are the people that concern me.
There are so many living in pain and then along comes someone that makes it their right to hurl more at them.
We just have to step up and try to intervene...maybe take a little of the abuse for them.
I wish you and Sora strength to get through this period of sorrow that you both are experiencing during this anniversary of the death of Sora's sister.
This makes me cry...I am one such victim of harsh words...every single day. I'm made to "shut up and listen"; I am called many harsh names and adjective that no animal can swallow. I am not a fighter so I mostly end up crying. I hate it, but I love my man.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#486982 Feb 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should not make threats.
And you should mind your own business Mr. Catcher.
Besides, it wasn't a threat at all, it's called karma..I think.

:)

Counter_Strike.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486983 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Why are Chrisitans angry with those who don't have their same beliefs ?

It's a two way street, JLu.
I'm not angry with anyone :-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486984 Feb 11, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Some homosexuals (no, not all , I know) go after the younger boys....
Yes, lets ignore the heterosexuals and the younger girls raped and molested, esp. if they are fellow Christians esp. if they are preists and preachers.

Wish you all would take good long look at your "brothers and sisters in Christ" before passing judgement on everyone else.

Replace the word Homosexual in your posts with Jew and most of you sound just like NAZIs.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486985 Feb 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
Just wow!
And..some hetrosexuals go after the younger girls.. it's a messed up dangerous world. Yes?
Arrest and punish anyone committing crimes against children..
Agreed!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#486986 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Nope, I don't want to discuss faith with you. Yes I know what a delusion is. A lot of people suffer from delusions of grandeur, for example, they think they know things that the greatest minds on Earth don't know, some even think that their opinions are facts. You believe whatever you want to believe, as is your right and allow me to do the same.
Some people, I won't name any names (wink wink), are afraid to make definite statements because they know they are just talking out of their ass,(nudge nudge).

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486987 Feb 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I am having a brain freeze...I can not for the life of me figure out what P.A. stands for.
P_ain in the A_ss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 1 min Buck Crick 124
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 665,084
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Bongo 87,839
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 21 min Joanne 82
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Jedi Mind Master 977,175
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 47 min Jedi Mind Master 421
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min onemale 284,440
More from around the web