Why Should Jesus Love Me?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#486947 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see not forcing my beliefs on others as helping them
A vote to me is saying, do you want to force your beliefs on others and I don't think I have that right
But as far as sinning, the bible says we are no longer controlled by our sinful natures, our new creations in Christ, have been given a way out of every temptation, and should not sin any longer once we believe.
So my question is, how can we not only expect people who haven't had the benefit of all the above to stop sinning when we don't, but how do we take it one step further and restrict their rights for sinning when they aren't even Christians yet we do nothing to restrict the rights of Christians who continue to commit sins that aren't illegal?
How is that not the most hypocritical type of judging there is?
(T) Peace
No one is restricting the homosexuals from their RIGHTS! None of us! They are asking us as Christians to condone it! Won't happen!
Skom, if you are a Christian that wants to condone their sexual ACTS then go for it, vote for it, do what ever you want to for the homosexuals.. God does not Condone their sexual ACTS, and will NEVER do so.
No matter what they WIN with the STATE, they will never WIN with God. If some of these Christians and non-christians on here wants to continue to argue with God , then do-- but you will never WIN the arguement!, never, ever, never
No one Christian on here is taking their right to sin, or even hetros to sin! All of us have have free will to SIN.
Christians that believe the Bible , believes homosexual ACTS is sinful. Yes, and along with many oher SINS,
But the Sin in discussion is 'Homosexuality, so that is what we are talking about.
God does NOT condone it, whether the STATE does or not!
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#486948 Feb 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing again.
It's always traumatic to take even a brief trip through your mind. I usually feel like I need a shower afterwards, or at least to wash my hair. You live in there all day. I'll bet that's quite a ride.
Dr. SHRINK visits his doctor
Dr. SHRINK : Herr doctor - pleasing to be helping me. Having bowel movement every morning, seven AM.
MD: What's the problem, Latke? Most people would love to be that regular.
Dr. SHRINK : You not to understood, doctor. I don't get up until eight!
dr Srink visits his nurses to make 7 Am visit sick mentaly clients like you,

nurses command sick psychopath to move his(yours) bowl full of night s..and urine to move forward before the cleaning personel not even before nurse after doctor.

really dc Shrink visit idiot like you always after 12 Am

your paranidal sickness,and halucinations take you out of reality,time, your not curable atheistic brain of psychopath,

sickness robed you from healthy analizes of your deadly situtation,and mental hospital as your last journey of your bambling nonsense,and lunatical wandering around all beds with one finger in the nose,and left finger sticked inside of you a...

also your post full of bumablings signify how horibel is your mental atheistic condition

without God earthly trush like you,mostly is flushe with all dung deep down to the pit Mat 15;14

let me tell you
your low IQ,and primitive education doesn't qualify you as simple cleaner dr Shrink shoes,or night snickers,
even doesn't qualify you to smell dr Shrink night FARTS

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#486949 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Afternoon Lawest
Personally I think it is an unfair position to put people in and it never should have even had to come to this
I understand why some Christians may have trouble voting for what they see as essentially condoning sin
I understand why people like myself feel it is not my place to force others outside the faith to live by the rules of Christianity
Making people vote on it sucks. Honestly imo it never should have had to be something we have to vote on. Our job as Christians is to enforce the rules of Christianity on ourselves and others Christians. Our jobs as Americans is to uphold the law. How it came to be where we have to vote on whether someone outside the faith is allowed to commit a legal yet sinful act is beyond me
These two worlds never should have collided IMO
(T) Peace
I understand what you are saying my friend, but by holding true to our beliefs from honest conviction is not really enforcing our beliefs on others, if that was the case then the reverse would have to be true as well.......which would be to force us to condone and allow something that we know in our heart of heart is wrong, and I know that this is not what you are saying but because they are sinners and are outside of the Word, I still cannot give them approval of their actions to do wrong, but people will do what they chose regardless.

Peace.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#486950 Feb 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
Well said Mr. 42. Well said.
CS.
How do you know,that his short post?
IS WELL SAID OR FLOWS FROM HIS MIND?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#486951 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice. You are an esthete.
<quoted text>
Did somebody say that? That's terrible.
Somebody was just telling me how comforting Christians were in times like that, and asking me if I would want to interfere with that aspect of religious life. I said, no - that that is private religion.
But I guess it's not all comforting.
fart
some flakes are glued to your few heairs-
go take shower? ot at least wait to dry,and comb them nicely with benefits to spare water

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#486952 Feb 11, 2013
Galatians 5:19-26
19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#486953 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we would have to consider the implications at that time
But is there any reason you have to think that would be the case?
You know I like you NS so this isn't asked in a challenging way but did you ever decide to be "straight"? Did you weigh the pros and cons, look at what your friends were doing, decide what would be the best societal move for you and then decided you would be straight or did one day you simply realize you were attracted to the opposite sex?
And if the latter, why would you think it is different for those attracted to the same sex?
I am simply curious
(T) Peace
These are some of the questions I asked Chris a mnth or so ago.
He didn't answer me, but I was sincerely wondering how he and his
wife came upon knowing they were gay.
And then working w God to become "un"gay.

I do not believe it is a decision one makes out of the clear blue..
"Hey- I am going to find someone from the same sex as my self
to have a relationship with!"??
Who would choose a life of insults hate speach and fear??

With all my heart I believe it is not a choice, I believe some are
born attracted sexually to the same sex.

I am not a Christian who believes this group of my fellow humans has to then, once discovering who they authentically are,
under go some type of shock therepy or an exorcism..:\
to right some "wrong" impossed upon them by our church leaders.

I believe they should find that partner that makes them swoon and
makes their heart sing.. and live happily ever after..

Shouldn't be so difficult to understand it's none of the church's
business who I or anyone else Loves..
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#486954 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't know if my posts were coming off as something less than calm. I am glad they are not as I am not intending them to be anything but calm
I agree it is the end of the discussion as far as Christians
I simply don't think it is any of our business in regards to others and I think the Bible says that too
(T) Peace
It is our Christian duty ,and even if you are NOT Christian,' In regards to others, if we see adults, children, going astray and doing something wrong and mean , that could HURT them and others , to help them, we do not have to use the Bible for that.

Some homosexuals (no, not all , I know) go after the younger boys,
and this will be their right also. Right? Some younger boys are waiting to turn 18, to be with their lover. But it started very young.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#486955 Feb 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe it is you who are not understanding, God did create them as they are, a man and a woman, but they picked up that damnable spirit sometime after they were born.
Lawest, no disrespect intended but may I clarify what is going on in my own mind at this point in our discussion? I asked you a simple question about what if someone’s sexuality is one of birth. I gave you no indication of my own beliefs when it comes to the subject at all. You started off by telling me that I had a lot of what ifs in my post when there was only one, and then you attacked my reading comprehension skills. You are picking an argument with me that has nothing to do with what I asked. Skom answered it right off in his reply to me, simply because he actually took two seconds to think about it. You keep stating that you are standing on the word when it comes to what you believe, yet do not seem to understand that it is your own comprehension of the word as it is intended for your life. You could not answer an honest question as it proposed without subjecting me to your own opinion, so why would I think that you have my best interest at heart when it comes to the understanding of the word? In other words what could I possibly learn from you, if you have a personal perception in your head of me…as damned?(Or picked up "that damnable spirit" as you put it)

Location hidden

#486956 Feb 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't fussin' atcha...
We are both passionate about this subject and others...we wear our hearts on our sleeves and do not mind others seeing that.
You know Lele...I bare my soul here at times...I wish I didn't have to...I wish that there was no reason to.
One of the things that I like about you...
You stand up for what you believe to be right knowing that there will be those that condemn you and question your beliefs.
There are some of you that take stances that are not very popular amongst your peers...I admire the courage that must take.
Thanks Annie.
You are one of the very few in here, that I would love to sit across from and "dish" all day with..

I have witnessed the torture involved in a young
person's heart when they discover their sexuality.

I will never be convinced that my God would be proud of and call
people "my child" that treat those who are born differently
with such hate and indifference..

I will always defend my fellow man anywhere bigotry, of any kind, shows it's ugly oppresive head.

Even if it means two punks on a message board believe I am satan's daughter!
lol!!

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#486957 Feb 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about this. You explained to me prior how the Bible can be used to justify anything. Creationist use the Bible to deny the existence of the dinosaur’s all the time my friend. What if the Bible is simply being used to justify the demeaning of others? In other words, when is it O.K. to harm another by using the Bible?
The Creationists I know do not deny the existence of the dinosaurs. They believe that man and dinosaurs co-existed.

And moreover, it is not okay to harm anyone by using the Bible.

Location hidden

#486958 Feb 11, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
It is our Christian duty ,and even if you are NOT Christian,' In regards to others, if we see adults, children, going astray and doing something wrong and mean , that could HURT them and others , to help them, we do not have to use the Bible for that.
Some homosexuals (no, not all , I know) go after the younger boys,
and this will be their right also. Right? Some younger boys are waiting to turn 18, to be with their lover. But it started very young.
Wow!
Just wow!

And..some hetrosexuals go after the younger girls.. it's a messed up dangerous world. Yes?
Arrest and punish anyone committing crimes against children..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#486959 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice. You are an esthete.
<quoted text>
Did somebody say that? That's terrible.
Somebody was just telling me how comforting Christians were in times like that, and asking me if I would want to interfere with that aspect of religious life. I said, no - that that is private religion.
But I guess it's not all comforting.
I want to predicate my post on...most Christians will not...but there are those that will say those types of things to you. Some will even teach their children to say those things.

My son was 5 when his father committed suicide. By age 9 he was coming home and telling me that there were other kids telling him that his dad was burning in hell.

Where did these kids get this idea...from the adults in their lives. Who was left to pick up the pieces to their teachings.

I will say though...there were those Christians who came to comfort...but...there were also those that came to pass judgment.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#486960 Feb 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>You are about the biggest P.A. there is on this thread le le, your words and opinions speak for themselves that Christ is nowhere about you, you are a hypocrite of the highest order. You are very obvious indeed.
I think I am having a brain freeze...I can not for the life of me figure out what P.A. stands for.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#486961 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't you think that those words from your church stain your understanding of who your cousin is? How could they not?
Your cousin has had to deal with much of the Christian world thinking of him as a living, walking abomination to their god. Why should he have to live in such a world if we can make a better one for him?
To do that, a mighty beast has to be subdued - the Christian church. I say that it's time that the rest of us began speaking up about that abomination. That knife cuts both ways. As ye sow ...
The big problem really is that it doesn't matter which way you paint the picture, somethings are just not inside the realm of normal.

It has nothing to do with loving and respecting people; and each of us need to live a lifestyle that has meaning and depth to it. GOD would of course understand the internal ticking of gay people as well as HE understands the ticking of straight people and it is between GOD and each of us determining the stuffing we are made of.

I would never go to a gay protest, or straight protest, or encourage a Church to put up signs saying GOD condemns any group of people ~ and I don't even think it is the Christian in me that cannot see gay as normal, I think it is the human in me.

It would be an awful thing to have to fight one's own sexuality, and I have seen many who take drugs changing their hormone balances, been in the early 20's and had their boobs chopped off, and taken lessons on how to speak like a woman.

There is a continual battle between oneself and oneself, to be oneself, and I think it is sad. I love my brother and have watched him suffer dreadfully once he got past the young and partying days. I have seen him and his friends go through the early day of AID's; he was a technician with a Govt company and of course had to resign because AID's when it first came out was handled with kid gloves, as it had to be.

I think there is major confusion when people accuse Christians of bigotry over certain issues, because what would JESUS have done in these circumstances?

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#486962 Feb 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
Just wow!
And..some hetrosexuals go after the younger girls.. it's a messed up dangerous world. Yes?
Arrest and punish anyone committing crimes against children..
Yes hetros go after the young- know as pedophiles
You are right--Absolutely it is a crime against , arrest and punishment on crimes against little children .
I see the world in pretty bad shape, yes and getting in worse shape, all wanting thier RIGHTS to be heard.

Location hidden

#486963 Feb 11, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
The Creationists I know do not deny the existence of the dinosaurs. They believe that man and dinosaurs co-existed.
And moreover, it is not okay to harm anyone by using the Bible.
Saying hello to you before I sign off..
As always, it's good to see you Drew.
Hope all is well..

#486964 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
The central tool of deceit is lying, not name calling or bullying.
Christians have no access to private truths. Where is the truth in faith? You pick a doctrine and devote your life to it. It is just as valid to have faith in the exact opposite. Truth comes from observing the world, not guessing about it.
And what bigger bully is there than the Christian church? It has been bullying and scapegoating gays, women and atheists for centuries. You defeat bullies by standing up to them.
And you are acting like a bully in our forum about JESUS and we have to stand up to you. Your bigotry is quite belligerent; believe it or not, this is not the Church nor the local corner where an Evangelist is shouting out his words of Faith to all who pass him by.

This is a forum about JESUS and love; and you are the bully. Although we do have common grounds on loving our pets, and we share the family of the Pug (been around since about 3560 BC)~ I am very much a Christian but that does not mean that I agree with the riches in the Churches and the way the have broken all the rules and commandments to hide the sin of their Church. But they didn't fool GOD ~ In fact, as I listed out the failed Churches taken from the Book of Revelation, they even knew in advance they were going to fail and still did it anyway?

Break away Religions have come from the original Religion that people were not happy with; and eventually, perhaps, decide that their bodies are their Temples and their homes are their Churches!

#486965 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
What evidence is there that an omnipotent and omniscient god exists and hates childhood disease? There is plenty to the contrary.
Faith lets you pick whatever you'd like to believe and call it truth.
There is no need for you to pick on Epi ~ leave her out of your name calling please. Epi is one of the most loving, gentle people I know, and in another group we are Prayer Warriors (fondly known by that name) and we help each other out with support and love.

We like reading our Daily Prayer and thoughts for the day, and I for one don't really like your picking on Epi. Stick to the men, and stop bullying the women.

#486966 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Sure you can. Let me show you how:
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." - Psalm 14:1-7
There's a nice sweeping generalization. Just pattern it after that:
'Baptists are fools. There is not one good one.'
'Catholics are fools. There is not one good one.'
'Methodists are fools. There is not one good one.'
Absolute bigotry and rubbish ~ and the words of the Psalm are also a bit harsh and bigoted.

Most Christians I know look for the positive Scriptures, and most Atheists debating the topic look for the most negative. Imagine if some of your words made up part of a book from the past in the future? They would not be all nice and caring, would they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 70,606
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min hojo 658,559
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 13 min ImFree2Choose 3,020
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min New Age Spiritual... 974,688
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Demon Finder 18,777
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,604
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 282,938
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 10 hr Hilary 93
More from around the web