“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#486670 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Who has called you a bigot?
Again, same as to Q, please brother don't trivialize the situation, in this case by jokingly calling yourself a bigot. Bigots in society are a huge problem. And there are some people within the faith that are bigots. To make it look like people are calling just anybody a bigot demeans the discrimination that goes on and is insulting to those victimized by it
Do you agree with the Wesboro Baptist Church that put a sign up that says "God hates fags"?
If not and if you understand the serious nature of the problem by some within the faith then this is not a joking a matter and people aren't being called bigots for stupid reasons
Hello Steve,

I agree, it's not a trivial matter, particularly when one can be called a 'bigot and intolerant' for not violating their conscience and acquiesce to another ones behaviour.

And no one in particular to answer your initial question , just by extension, if I happened to agree with a point by one who has been called such(Quin).

To your second question, I find Westboro's tactics reprehensible.

There are those on both sides of this issue that need to show a little tact.

Hope your night is going well, going off to slumberland in a few ,if I miss a post I'll try to get it later:)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#486671 Feb 10, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, thank you I believe it is perfect as well, it has everything I need. In regards to my spelling teflon I needed to be sure. Certain words give me problems sometimes perhaps due to the accent I have. Thankfully out there in the real world I have not had any language problems as of yet. With Sora on the other hand, his accent intrigues me it sounds so....international I suppose. Many have said that he talks like Ralph Fiennes. He did attend school in England and lived there many years before meeting me. Many have remarked on his impeccable use of the English language not to mention the formality of course which is to me part of his charm and success. I also hear strains of other ethnicities in his voice like mine. The days of pidgeonholing must end in order for us to move foward. Bigotry and prejudice are gross evils that must be fought whrever we see them.
Indeed you are right about bigotry being gross and evil.... in all shapes and forms.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#486672 Feb 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Madame, yes, I can respond to your question.
But it's late.
And for that reason alone, I will defer my answer--I don't think it will surprise you.
I know, I still owe you my Liszt story....
Bonsoir Monsieur, we have not spoke for some time for this I apologize. I am pleased to see that you are well and are currently engaged in a discussion on bigotry if I am not mistaken? Forgive me for prying but I cannot but take notice of it. You already know my stance and feelings on the subject Monsieur as we have discussed at the beginning of our coorespondence. It is inexcusable and even worse when one uses their religion in order to belittle and sabotage the life chances of others! My answer to this question I am sure you know already. But if you would prefer me to speak of it all you need do is tell me and I shall tell you what I think of this matter. I have my own viewpoints regarding the nature of Christianity that are different from the conservative mainstream. Colored by years of travel and close scrutiny of the most intimate kind. Bonne nuit Monsieur.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#486673 Feb 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there J-LU, basically just got in from a full day of church services, the body is tired but the soul is jubilant from a Blessed time of worshipping the Lord IN spirit and IN truth. How goes everything with you?
Good, very hot today, I've been doing some work around the place whilst boys were at school. We had church yesterday and actually went so am pleased.
Blessings <3

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#486674 Feb 10, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey JL,
:)
Iím not sure if we have talked before. Itís nice to meet you, officially anyway.
HFN
No, I don't think we have talked before, I just liked your post. Nice to meet you too :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#486675 Feb 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
I do not take the Bible or Hebrew scriptures literally or as "The Word of God".
Have you read, watched or listened to Joseph Campbell's "The Power of Myth'?
If not, I think you would get a lot out of it. I think you will be saying, like I did, "WoW! This guy thinks like me."
Yes, I am familiar with Campbell. And yes, he is a great speaker. I was listening to him when I was listening to Alan Watts and Terrence McKenna, in the late eighties - formative years. I lived in Southern California at the time, and we had a great radio station, WPFK, that featured such material regularly. Campbell was a gentle and affable man with a great heart. Thanks for thinking of me.

Fennario

#486676 Feb 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I shared the story last week of my cousin who was gay.....I am not covering up hatred because I really LOVED my cousin (he was like my Brother)....but as a Christian I know God has words against the gay lifestyle. I trust Gods word...I still LOVE my cousin.
Don't you think that those words from your church stain your understanding of who your cousin is? How could they not?

Your cousin has had to deal with much of the Christian world thinking of him as a living, walking abomination to their god. Why should he have to live in such a world if we can make a better one for him?

To do that, a mighty beast has to be subdued - the Christian church. I say that it's time that the rest of us began speaking up about that abomination. That knife cuts both ways. As ye sow ...

Fennario

#486677 Feb 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
" When you tell the truth about homosexuality today, you can be sure that the central tools of deceitóname-calling and bullyingówill be unleashed."
http://www.theoakinitiative.org/turek-who-are...

Praise The Lord
The central tool of deceit is lying, not name calling or bullying.

Christians have no access to private truths. Where is the truth in faith? You pick a doctrine and devote your life to it. It is just as valid to have faith in the exact opposite. Truth comes from observing the world, not guessing about it.

And what bigger bully is there than the Christian church? It has been bullying and scapegoating gays, women and atheists for centuries. You defeat bullies by standing up to them.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#486678 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
How does my comparison fail?
So lets say someone is divorced because they were put out against their wishes. Does the Bible allow for that?
Yes:
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
But if the husband or wife who is not a believer decides to leave, let them leave. When this happens, the brother or sister in Christ is free. God chose you to have a life of peace.(1Corinth.7:15)
Of course this addresses one being a believer and one an unbeliever. But even so, as in the case of two unbelievers separating,all have the opportunity to repent.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you wish to make that distinction I will amend
Thanks...
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those who agreed to a divorce (which means they agreed to tear asunder what God has joined) living in any less isn than someone who is gay?
As I answered a previous post,unless they are fornicating, no.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Being divorced is a sin. So every day someone stays divorced is another day they continue to keep torn apart what God has joined. They could rectify the situation by getting married again.
First, you must remember one does have two Biblical grounds for a divorce : adultery and desertion. Barring that, the 'act' would be a sin - but not in perpetuity. Jesus actually said :

"I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for the problem of sexual sin, and marries another woman is guilty of adultery"(Matt. 19:9)

"...and marries another woman is guilty of adultery." Then, it would be like "shackin' up" with someone other than your 'rightful wife'. What if he didn't remarry?
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But someone who is gay is committing no sin unless they fornicate. So one could indeed argue imo one is "living in sin" more than the other
Bit i made that point just because of the irony. The term "living in sin" is not found anywhere in the Bible and was made up by radicals on the right to justify why being gay is worse than the sins they commit because there sins are over and done with while someone continues to be gay.
"Living in sin" has been around quite some time, and applied to heterosexual couples 'Shackin' up' unmarried. Sure , may later have been applied to homosexual couples to but wasn't "created" to describe them.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course that misses the obvious point that being gay is not a sin.

Not an 'obvious point' to all; if one has the propensity but doesn't act on it, no. Just like if a guy's a whoremaster(propensity for), if he's not 'acting it out', no also.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And if a Christian sins every day they are living in just as much sin as someone who is gay that fornicates every day.
And they're both condemned, what's the point?
Two wrongs don't make a right?
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What I mean by elevate it is make single it out as if it is worse than other sins. No disrespect but it sounds like that is what you are trying to do when you mention the Bible speaks of different punishments for different sins. That may be true but not in the cases of all sin of the flesh. ALL sin of the flesh will prevent someone from inheriting the Kingdom of God.
Really rejection of the Saviour will deny one his inheritance:
John wrote:
<quoted text>
"My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."(1John 2:1)
con't

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#486679 Feb 10, 2013
Part 2
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds pretty equal to me. And as much as many people IMO don't want to go by what the Bible says when it is convenient or comes back on them, in God's eyes there is no difference between any of this stuff:
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
"...sexual immorality..."

"And Jesus said,'Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.' " (John8:11)

Tired... you have a good night ....

Fennario

#486680 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There once was an accomplished painter. He liked talking about painting to those that were interested. One day he was showing his paintings around, when one person looked at on of his paintings, absorbed it, thought about it, then pulled out his Crayola Crayons and went to town scribbling out his version. He brought his version to the painter and said, "You think this is art? You suck man, this looks like crap!" Of course it looked like crap.
LOL. Paraphrasing with crayons.

Fennario

#486681 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Someone is quite capable of repeating what someone says without losing any of the meaning
Not you.
Skombolis wrote:
If he said he believes there is a possibility creator gods exist but he would require proof and I repeat that back to him and he denies it because to agree at that point would give ground to a point i was making then that is a deliberate lie
You mangled that as well with your paraphrasing. Show me where I said that? I require evidence, not proof. Do you have any inkling what the difference is?

I am much more careful with my words than you are, and I don't appreciate you changing them and then attributing your flawed version to me.
Skombolis wrote:
I don't need to be IANS to repeat back what he said.
Apparently you do.
Skombolis wrote:
And all he needs to do to be honest is not deny things he knows he said.
I deny your version of the things I said.

Fennario

#486682 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Sorry but you are lying again. You said Christians believe they don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness. How is that anything but saying Christians don't have empathy and only care about who they hurt for self-serving reasons such as being forgiven?
Ask an adult, moron.
Skombolis wrote:
You just lie and lie and lie some more don't you Do I have to go search out that post as well? Because that is what you said
Yes. You ALWAYS need to present the quote and link. Always. Your mind is useless.

Fennario

#486683 Feb 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
I agree Duane that God hates to see little children die from cancer or birth defects
What evidence is there that an omnipotent and omniscient god exists and hates childhood disease? There is plenty to the contrary.

Faith lets you pick whatever you'd like to believe and call it truth.

Fennario

#486684 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
But you can't label the whole sect any more than you can label the whole church
Sure you can. Let me show you how:

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." - Psalm 14:1-7

There's a nice sweeping generalization. Just pattern it after that:

'Baptists are fools. There is not one good one.'
'Catholics are fools. There is not one good one.'
'Methodists are fools. There is not one good one.'

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#486685 Feb 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>What evidence is there that an omnipotent and omniscient god exists and hates childhood disease? There is plenty to the contrary.

Faith lets you pick whatever you'd like to believe and call it truth.
That's not true. What evidence do you have that God doesn't exist? There isn't any evidence either way. Why be angry with those who have faith?

Fennario

#486686 Feb 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone is.
<quoted text>
He didn't deny anything he actually said. He expressed his frustration at your continual failure to represent his words accurately. He never said you were completely off base. You change one word or add in something irrelevant and you create something all your own.
Providing quotes is good. Now when you misunderstand something and provide the quote, we'll know how to help you.
<quoted text>
IANS is a talented, insightful, and most of all, a considerate writer. He does not deny things he said. All you have to do is provide a direct quote or link. I'm sure he'd be willing to work with you, if you could muster an apology for your mistakes.
Who would know best what IANS means by IANS' words? I'm guessing that would be IANS. You don't get to decide what other people's words mean. You can assume, then call someone a liar based on that assumption. Then you can continue to hold to that assumption, even when someone who does understand corrects you. This is exactly what you have done. It's not spin.
If you could admit that you were wrong, would you apologize? What would it take to convince you that you were wrong?
Thank you for that.

And thank you for trying to be a conciliator.

Fennario

#486687 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You said Christians believe they don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness.
Tide with Beach wrote:
Where's the quote, Dim? You got it wrong, again. This time, I'll paraphrase from memory. Christians aren't required to feel bad about who they hurt, or make amends to them. The only ultimate requirement is to ask the Jesus to wash their sins away.

I have no doubt that my paraphrasing uses different words than what IANS said, but I think he would agree with my statement, and not with yours.
Well done.

And thanks again. I've become weary of explaining it to him.

There is a huge difference between what you and I said, and how Dim paraphrased it. Dim is apparently unable to tell the difference. Perhaps he is simply unable to do better. I wouldn't hold him accountable for his linguistic deficiencies. Perhaps he's dyslexic.

But I do hold him accountable for his calumny.

Fennario

#486688 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
That is not what happened since I did express what he said accurately and he did deny it. Please tell me how I expressed it wrong?
What a waste of time.
Skombolis wrote:
If i was wrong I would apologize.
Don't bother. Really. I'm pretty sure that we're well past that.

Besides, you're a Christian, which means that you don't have to apologize to me. Just demand forgiveness from the air, and you'll feel fine.
Skombolis wrote:
What would it take for you to admit IANS lied? Do you deny he said he believes there is a possibility creator gods exist? Do you deny he said he would require proof before believing it?
Why aren't you asking me? Or posting a quotation and link?

Yes, I believe that there is the possibility of a creator god, and no, I don't require proof to believe in a god. But I do require supporting evidence. The evidence says your god doesn't exist.

How stupid are you really, Dim? What is so difficult about this?

Fennario

#486689 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
"WE'll know how to help you" I didn't realize this was a group effort. oh right, yes I did!
It takes a village. And you're its idiot.
Skombolis wrote:
Yeah it is. He said he believes its possible creator gods exist but would need proof. When I said that back to him to make a different point he denied it.
No, moron. You got it wrong again.

Why are you refusing to post the quote and link? Are we to simply trust your pitiful reading comprehension and useless memory?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Estelle 559,326
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min scirocco 119,646
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Dally Mama 774,924
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 59 min WildWeirdWillie 175,596
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 744
Why do Mexicans try to be white so bad? (Mar '09) 2 hr nomoreillegal 625
bless the jews (Nov '08) 2 hr Set free 7,055
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Barnsweb 441,764
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Aura Mytha 265,082
More from around the web