Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#486720 Feb 11, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Juicylu wrote:
Both versions of IANS' quotes say the same thing.
Actually, there were three versions - my original comment, Dim's paraphrasing, and Tide's paraphrasing.

ME: "Not if you demand forgiveness from the air for them [our actions]. You don't even have to apologize. You just forgive yourself."

TIDE: "Christians aren't required to feel bad about who they hurt, or make amends to them. The only ultimate requirement is to ask the Jesus to wash their sins away."

DIM: "How is that anything but saying Christians don't have empathy and only care about who they hurt for self-serving reasons such as being forgiven?"

I clarified it to Dim further with this:

ME: "Apologizing to the offended party is optional. It's not even necessary for you to think about whether you owe anybody an apology. You just demand forgiveness nonspecificallty:'forgive us our trespasses as ...'... But belief in forgiveness on demand allows those so predisposed to avoid making amends and feel forgiven anyway. After all, you're not perfect, right? Only forgiven."

The two that said the same thing were mine and Tide's. Dim was in his own world.

This wouldn't be an issue if it was just a matter of reading comprehension. But it has been shown to dim repeatedly, yet he insists on continuing in his paraphrasing and attacking me for his misinterpretations.

Sorry to those who like Dim, but he is being treated fairly.

Fennario

#486721 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And when someone says "nope, not going to keep correcting you" in response to something they have said prior then it is what it is. Especially when it happens a lot and has happened with other posters. Is everybody incapable of understanding the written word?
Again, this is the basis

Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"

IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."

If you want to keep arguing that isn't a denial then that is your right. But it is obvious to me.
It's obvious to you because you are a moron. I had told you to stop paraphrasing me, and you did it again anyway - right there in that comment, substituting "proof" for evidence. I don't demand proof, just evidence. That's what "Nope" refers to.

But look at what you have done with it. I simply got tired of asking you to stop paraphrasing me and trying to correct your mess by showing you what I had actually said. But being Dim, that never sinks in. Not ever. You just go on as before.

Then you added insult to injury with your "liar" accusations. And not once or twice, but repeatedly. Accountability, Dim - accountability. I hold you accountable.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#486722 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Faith is truth to those who have it.
It sure is.

The truth of those with faith has cost millions of lives.

Who would promote such a methodology?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#486723 Feb 11, 2013
@ Ians Part 4 "You defeat bullies by standing up to them."

If it is truly a bully. A teen may think their mom is a bully by taking away his smartphone because of bad grades or just looking at stuff that he shouldn't be looking at... Should he stand up to her and smack her for taking his phone.

A patient who is in need of desperate treatment and does not want to stay in the hospital may think a doctor is a bully by telling him that he must stay. Should get up, walk out leaving a trail of blood in his wake?

A husband may think his wife is a bully if she refuses to give him some for some time...(Hey wait-a-sec...Now THAT is a bully!).. but no... does he force himself on her and plows his way in? No of course not, that is not right either.

But on the serious side there have been bullies in church no doubt but that is the extreme case and not the norm... and the truth is that is not the only place on earth where people have been bullied... I've read witchcraft websites and saw some testimonies of predators within that community... I went deep into the interior of the LGBT community websites and saw gays mocking heterosexuals (no heteros was in there they were talking amongst each other) calling us "BREEDERS" and the like... I also see domestic violence amongst same sex partners.

But the same way that mother loves her son and scolds him, the same way the doctor cares for his patient and the same way the husband loves his wife and sacrifices his tiredness to romance her... well, God cares also and there is a reason why fornications is a sin and destructive... not believing in God is foolishness according to the scriptures... yes, that's true. I know of some of the reasons not all... but just like that child trusts, genuine Christians trust God that He cares and wants the best for us. Contrary to popular belief... He does not want anyone to go to hell.

Fennario

#486724 Feb 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
On another note, our strange English language:
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert..
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to
present the present.
8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
13) They were too close to the door to close it.
14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
15) A seamstress and a sewer fell into a sewer line.
16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting, I shed a tear.
19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
Cool! English can be difficult to pronunciate.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#486725 Feb 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW JL...Epi knows me as well or better than most on this thread...she knows the good and the bad.
She also knows that I am passionate about certain subjects...children that need a second chance...unwed mothers...gays rights...suicide...the homeless. These are all things that have touched my life...
Hopefully by the time I get to the end of catching up here you will have had a chance to list the hurtful things that I have said. I am not denying that I haven't said some...I know that I have. I have also apologized for some of them...if it is warranted.
Yep...We're working on 3 years now....Aren't we?

You and I have been able to post to each other with Humor and sensitivity......You used to say " I have a hard time controlling this mouth of mine"....And would call yourself "This Little Heathen"....You have been attacked by alot of posters on here (most of them are gone) Example...Annie and the Demoniac's....It use to bother me when you would say "I see I am causing a problem on here...so I will leave"....I would think "Don't go Annie....Stay and fight"....I think you are "here" now....As they say "You have found your voice".....Boy have you...j/k you know I love ya

Good to see you

Fennario

#486726 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
They're trying to make you cry I think...tell on them! Lmcao!
What does the "c" stand for? Cuban? Callipygian?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#486727 Feb 11, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean there are adults on topix?!!! LOL
LOL.....

Good one HFN (SRH for the oldtimers)

Great to see you friend....Take care

#486728 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
George is right. People seem to dislike honesty.
Truth... did you get the chance to read the article by Frank Tureg?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#486729 Feb 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think that those words from your church stain your understanding of who your cousin is? How could they not?
Your cousin has had to deal with much of the Christian world thinking of him as a living, walking abomination to their god. Why should he have to live in such a world if we can make a better one for him?
To do that, a mighty beast has to be subdued - the Christian church. I say that it's time that the rest of us began speaking up about that abomination. That knife cuts both ways. As ye sow ...
IANS...I will call you Ian.....

The "Church" didn't tell me anything. In my thinking the "church" is a group of Christ followers trying to live their life to the best to their ability. The BIBLE or Gods Word states how he feels (and what he "hates"....I don't follow man (church) I follow God. Even if the church is irradicated I will still Follow God and his ways.
PS....I've never been a real good Follower

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#486730 Feb 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure is.
The truth of those with faith has cost millions of lives.
Who would promote such a methodology?
My faith has never cost lives and has nothing whatsoever to do with you.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#486731 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
What does the "c" stand for? Cuban? Callipygian?
How bout "chubby".....

(JL...just kidding...I have never seen your B*tt)

((*L-))

Location hidden

#486732 Feb 11, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Truth... did you get the chance to read the article by Frank Tureg?
No, but I get the feeling I've forgotten something...remind me? Pretty please?

Location hidden

#486733 Feb 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout "chubby".....
(JL...just kidding...I have never seen your B*tt)
((*L-))
You calling me fat???? LOL...does chubby have something to do with b*tts there? That's funny <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#486734 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
What evidence is there that an omnipotent and omniscient god exists and hates childhood disease? There is plenty to the contrary.
Faith lets you pick whatever you'd like to believe and call it truth.
Ian....

You are entitled to your opinion.....As am I

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#486735 Feb 11, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi G..No, Jesus PLAINLY said Pharisee's and TEACHERS of LAW..I read it as He said it..No other way to read that verse
..Matthew 23:13..Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
That is a different passage completely.

You (and many others) use it to make the other passage say something it does not.

In M23 Jesus accuses the Pharisees AND TEACHERS (Rabbis) in front of him that they are hypocrites.

He is not saying that all hypocrites are Pharisees nor that all Pharisees are hypocrites.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#486736 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say I had a problem or 'beef' with Tide speaking on your behalf and I was commenting to Skom about something I found amusing, I talk to him almost daily about a variety of subjects. He doesn't need anyone to come to his aid or speak for him.
NO...He does NOT....

LOL

:-P

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#486737 Feb 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
... a quick roll in the sack....
No such thing. LOL

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#486738 Feb 11, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Ep... Buenos Dias...
Ole....Que

I am going to enjoy these next few rainy days (we need rain down cheer)....

:-)

#486739 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't we supposed to love everyone and leave judgement to God? Most pedophiles are hetero males known to the child btw. Sorry Qu but I just can't wrap my head around judging people's sins, I don't think we are supposed to do that <3
Yes to the first part of your first sentence and on the last part of that same sentence we can judge righteous judgement John 7:24... a lot of christians and nons favorite scripture is Matt 7:1 but because of the habit of cherry-picking we sometime are in the habit of doing... sometimes we don't read the whole chapter in context.

But we warn people of the coming of judgement of God and consider our own wandering also... perhaps they might turn aside from wickedness and repent, same here. We're at the point in our societies where evil is now considered good and good (that is, sound doctrine from the NT) is now considered evil. I think I saw a post where you might have said, "Why do people take the Bible so literally?" Is that right? I just want to make sure I didn't misread that. But if that is the case it is because some read it with a stricter interpretation while others read it with a looser interpretation...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rover Tom 987,148
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 687,171
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr LAWEST100 184,840
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr Mnbvc 30,682
Anthony Bragg 3 hr Oic yes 28
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Anonymous 286,539
Clinton Foundation Scandals 6 hr Hiddn Numbrz 2
More from around the web