Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#486698 Feb 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
You don't like your pet name, Dim?
LOL.

I think it's a nice name - a term of endearment of sorts.

Fennario

#486699 Feb 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
And you're more than welcome to believe your delusional mythical pointless beliefs about Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul.
"And the award for irony in a post goes to ..."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Paul wasn't one of the original twelve aposums, was he? If I recall correctly, the originals had names like Alvin, Simon who is called Peter, and Theodore ... right?

I could be mistaken.

Fennario

#486700 Feb 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I have never heard him say one nice thing about Zacchaeus
Nice name.

Fennario

#486701 Feb 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
A grown man on the internet calling me dim...oh woe is me! LOL
Don't worry, Dim. It's not that bad. It could have been a sarcastic name, like "Einstein," or a rude one like "dipsh*t." This is much cuter, like "Dopey" - one of the Seven Dwarfs.

And it'll probably pass with time.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#486702 Feb 11, 2013
The Son of God Music Ministry
He Will Increase

"Who are we
That You would be mindful of us?
WHAT do You see
That's worth looking our way?

We are free
In ways that we never should be
Sweet release from the grip of these chains

Like hinges straining from the weight,
My heart no longer can keep from singing

ALL that is within me cries
FOR YOU alone be glorified
Emmanuel God with us
MY HEART SINGS a brand new song
The debt is paid
These chains are gone
Emmanuel God with us

Lord You know
Our hearts don't deserve Your glory
Still You show
A love we cannot afford

Like hinges straining from the weight,
My heart no longer can keep from singing

All that is within me cries
For You alone be glorified
Emmanuel God with us
My heart sings a brand new song
The debt is paid
These chains are gone
Emmanuel God with us

Such a tiny offering
COMPARED to Calvary
But nevertheless
We lay it at your feet.

ALL THAT IS WITHIN me cries
For You alone be GLORIFIED
Emmanuel God with us
My heart sings a brand new song
My debt is paid
These chains are gone

Fennario

#486703 Feb 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
Wish they would stop calling you "Dim".. You are anything but, and they know this..
Sorry, Le_le, but I don't know it.

How smart do you have to be to avoid the pitfalls that he keeps falling into? All he needs do is mind his (virtual) mouth. He's been told.

And be careful when you come to his defense. He just told Tide that he considers defending another poster having your head up his colon (I'm paraphrasing).

Fennario

#486704 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I've noticed they always tackle you as a group Skom. You must be so powerful ;)
Are you coming to Dim's aid, too? I notice how you all defend him as a group. You must think him weak.

Seriously, Juicy - what is your beef with Tide speaking out on my behalf when you just did the same for Dim?

And don't forget his cephalo-pygian insertion comment. You wouldn't want to muss up your hair.

Fennario

#486705 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I love all this whining about Christians having no feelings coming from people who are here everyday writing horrible, hurtful, insulting posts to Christians.
Actually, all of that whining has come from Dim. What I said was that if he didn't want to, a Christian didn't need to apologize to his victim to feel forgiven. Your low wattage friend morphed that into me claiming that Christians lack empathy.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#486706 Feb 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Well done.
And thanks again. I've become weary of explaining it to him.
There is a huge difference between what you and I said, and how Dim paraphrased it. Dim is apparently unable to tell the difference. Perhaps he is simply unable to do better. I wouldn't hold him accountable for his linguistic deficiencies. Perhaps he's dyslexic.
But I do hold him accountable for his calumny.
He's like the greased up deaf guy.

#486708 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
The central tool of deceit is lying, not name calling or bullying.
Christians have no access to private truths. Where is the truth in faith? You pick a doctrine and devote your life to it. It is just as valid to have faith in the exact opposite. Truth comes from observing the world, not guessing about it.
And what bigger bully is there than the Christian church? It has been bullying and scapegoating gays, women and atheists for centuries. You defeat bullies by standing up to them.
Good Morning IANS... just getting in myself not too long ago...can't stay too long. I know I posted the article on this public thread but the main goal for that particular segment was to just send to the Believers who may be interested as previously stated in the preamble of part 1. Personally, I think that Frank Tureg did a pretty good job of writing down his thoughts on the whole matter and I'm sure you may disagree with his explanations that the true bigots are the homosexual supporters and homosexuals themselves.

I agree with his view... there was one or two things in which I disagreed in which I recently had a change of heart on due to the testimony of an ex-homosexual.

As far as your questions... "Where is the truth in Faith?" The question reminds me somewhat to Pilates question to Jesus... "What is truth?" Pilate, as you may already know, was some sort of Roman Prefect or governer I think (going on old mem). That being the case, Pilate was well familiar with politics. As you know Rome ruled the Jews and he was in charge of that Province. The Jewish leaders were also familiar with politics and knew how to play the chess board. Anyways, Pilate couldn't find nothing wrong with Jesus but the Jews threatened him, "You are no friend of Ceasars"... Pilate was afraid that it would get back to Caesar that "you are no friend of Caesars!" That wasn't true but in a highly-politicized environment political correctness is the truth isn't though "truly" isn't the truth. So being enveloped in all this political turmoil... the lies, the political firestorms, the arm-twisting, the framing of innocents, the strict and loose interpretations of the law, the corruption... after a while, it's hard to distinguish the lie from the truth. Another example:

Bill Clinton (pointing a crooked finger): "I... DID NOT.. HAVE... SEXUAL RELATIONS with THAT woman..."

20/20 almost everyone now knows that he did but according to some law book with legal definitions that he read... technically he did not have "sexual relations" with that woman. It depends what IS is.

So anyways, I say all that just to say that political truth and "true" truth aren't necessarily the same. I don't have faith in political correctness. I believe and have Faith in Jesus' Words and that for me and millions of others, that is the absolute truth. Jesus, without all the political mumbo jumbo, is where truth is. He is the standard and the plumbline to measure with... Now I understand that you don't believe but I'm just trying to answer somewhat comprehensively. The following scriptures are absolute truth for me so that is why I trust them resulting in Faith.

Jesus: "Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth."

Jesus: "The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life."

Jesus: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Psalmist: "All your words are true..."

Fennario

#486709 Feb 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
How does Christianity affect empathy in people? From my experience, there's no definite correlation.
Skombolis wrote:
So how could anyone make a blanket statement saying Christians don't have to feel bad or make amends to those they hurt because they can be forgiven?
For starters, it's correct. Christian doctrine requires only that you repent and ask for forgiveness, not that you make restitution or apologize to your victim.

Second, how is that a blanket statement? Are you turning it into a statement about Christians again? This is why we call you Dim. It was a comment about an idea - a doctrine - not about people.
Skombolis wrote:
it would be something nobody could know without knowing the heart of others and knowing the hundreds of millions of Christians just in U.S. alone
See, Juicy? It's Dim doing the whining about Christians and their hearts. I've only referred to a doctrine that permits cheap self-forgiveness.
Skombolis wrote:
It was a broad-brush implication that as long as someone is forgiven (which benefits them) they don't care about the actual damage.
You are unbelievably dense. The broad brush is in your head. Where did I say that all Christians feel that way? I didn't. You said I did, and then impugned my character for it.

Sorry, Dim, but it's been explained to you repeatedly. Are you stupid or malicious? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by calling you Dim.
Skombolis wrote:
And his continued tactics of broad-brushing all Christians is one of the things i have been objecting to.
And that is why you are known as Dim.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#486710 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you coming to Dim's aid, too? I notice how you all defend him as a group. You must think him weak.
Seriously, Juicy - what is your beef with Tide speaking out on my behalf when you just did the same for Dim?
And don't forget his cephalo-pygian insertion comment. You wouldn't want to muss up your hair.
I didn't say I had a problem or 'beef' with Tide speaking on your behalf and I was commenting to Skom about something I found amusing, I talk to him almost daily about a variety of subjects. He doesn't need anyone to come to his aid or speak for him.

Fennario

#486711 Feb 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
But truthfuly, It's more of a reflection of who you are.. And how you react.
By calling Dim "Dim"?

Is it also a reflection of who I am? I hope so. That's exactly who I am - a guy who chooses not to condone such outrageous behavior.

Think of it as tough love. Somebody needs to teach that boy manners. It should have been done long ago.

#486712 Feb 11, 2013
@ Ians Part 2... "truth comes from observing the world, not guessing about it."

Scientists guess all the time... in fact, they guess that in natural selection a species had changed. They have millions upon millions of fossils but nowhere can they prove the jump. So they just guessed and think that it's a fact when is not... hence, there are many "theories" of evolution and not a single "theory of evolution" as previously stated by some.

Faith is believing and being confident enough to act on that faith... faith is the trust of the child when her daddy says to jump and he will catch her. She may hesitate but that trust is so great eventually she will do it. And that is how the Lord wants His people to be... just like children and trust in Him.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#486713 Feb 11, 2013
*~*~*~*~*

Good

Monday

Morning....

“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle,accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is life, fight for it.”

~ Mother Teresa

Thought For the Day

Location hidden

#486714 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For starters, it's correct. Christian doctrine requires only that you repent and ask for forgiveness, not that you make restitution or apologize to your victim.
Second, how is that a blanket statement? Are you turning it into a statement about Christians again? This is why we call you Dim. It was a comment about an idea - a doctrine - not about people.
<quoted text>
See, Juicy? It's Dim doing the whining about Christians and their hearts. I've only referred to a doctrine that permits cheap self-forgiveness.
<quoted text>
You are unbelievably dense. The broad brush is in your head. Where did I say that all Christians feel that way? I didn't. You said I did, and then impugned my character for it.
Sorry, Dim, but it's been explained to you repeatedly. Are you stupid or malicious? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by calling you Dim.
<quoted text>
And that is why you are known as Dim.
What 'Doctrine'? To hurt someone and not apologize to them would not be loving them. Jesus taught to love others as yourself. There is also no point in repenting to God if we have a problem confessing and repenting to one another. If I hurt someone and didn't apologize, I would feel like a hypocrite in asking for God's forgiveness. I believe it's tied in with judgement and giving to God.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#486715 Feb 11, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Thank you for a new day. I know that everything I am and everything I have is a result of what you have allowed in my life. Sometimes life is very hard; other times it is full of happiness. I know you are always there and your blessing is available...if only I will listen and obey. Please help me to recognize the gifts you send and the doors you open each and every day. Give me wisdom to see and do your will. Thank you for the spiritual gifts you have given, also. I pray that you will use those gifts to work in and through me to minister to the world and draw people to you. In Jesus' name I pray and give you praise. Amen.

Prime Time with GOd

Location hidden

#486716 Feb 11, 2013
Faith is truth to those who have it.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#486717 Feb 11, 2013
Encouraging Words...

Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Proverbs 3:6

K-Love

#486718 Feb 11, 2013
@ Ians Part 3 "And what bigger bully is there than the Christian church?"

1. The various government(s) around the world.

2. Al Quaeda (sp?)

3. Atheists (who are striving to want to rip away "In God We Trust", "God Bless America", "One Nation Under God." from the people)

4. Human Traffickers (Sex Slavery)

5. Pedophiles in all various type of communities religious and secular.

To name a few...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Freedom of the Press 51,820
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min nanoanomaly 991,949
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Phooey 693,199
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 46 min ChristineM 445,975
Those in the twin towers who saw the jets coming 53 min Holy Pipek 34
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 56 min Holy Pipek 14
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 58 min Holy Pipek 9
More from around the web