Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#486461 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like your pet name, Dim?
A grown man on the internet calling me dim...oh woe is me!

LOL

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#486462 Feb 10, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>people can be anti-christs.
There is [The] Anti-Christ in revelations,and anti-christ folks that are just not for christ. I don't think the reference in 1st John means The Anti-Christ in revelations. I believe it mean false Christ or the prefix [anti] which means [against] Christ. I no see how the reference to anti-christ in 1st john have anything to with The Anti Christ of revelations.
But how you know how Dr Realty writer walk? Because you no like what he write on the billboard?
Tell me this. If Dr Realty commit to his wife, raise his children in the knowledge of Jesus Christ, pay his tithes, tell his neighbor about Jesus Christ, go to church, pray to Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit all that. You telling me you have the right to say Dr Realty no part of Jesus Christ body because you no like what he write on a billboard? I no think that right or is yours or anybody else place to decide that.
For you to conclude someone life behind this billboard based on what they write, to me is just crazy. Just the other day college football player from notre dame get fooled by what he read online. You have woman lesbians on this billboard writing as men. In fact there is a new term for folks like you that think you can accurately judge someone from online, it called CATFISHING, google it. Maybe then you won't be so quick to make claim.
Hitler and Manson are murderers. You have knowledge that Dr realty writer kill anybody? call the sheriff.
Other than Peter that Jesus rebuked and Jesus definitely not say Peter was not his, what other believer in the bible Jesus rebuke?
Sure anyone can make a claim that they Jesus follower and worshiper, but show me in the bible where it say is your job to pick and choose who enter jesus' kingdom? you sure you getting in writer??
You right, you not accusing Dr Realty of anything. But many here has. All I saying anybody on here can make false bravado like they super christian and like to look down on another believer to feel superior that they more holy than them. Not saying that you, but I see it in others.
Excellent point Trifecta.
We are to HUMBLE ourselves..No Person is above another.

Maybe this will help, If they want to read it..

Seven Woes on the Teachers of the Law and the Pharisees:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#486463 Feb 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Folks
Part 2

After His Ministry on earth talking about God's Kingdom, repentance and dealing with their attitudes towards them and such, NOW He could deal with the major obstacle at hand... that is, bringing reconcilation between mankind and God through His sacrificial death. He knew that is the major reason why He left is pre-existence and come in the flesh in the first place. THAT even while we were in our sin Christ, The Son of God, laid down His Life voluntarily into the unmerciful hands of sinners to be a sacrifice for mankind. So He died an excruciating death, was buried confirming that death... but meanwhile His Soul had gone down into paradise which some know as Abaham's bosom. He preached to them, delivered those righteous souls out of there and sent them up. After those 3 days our Lord went back up also into His own body and was raised from the dead. As the scriptures follow, He met with His Disciples and others... and He commisssioned them to preach His message to the entire world. And that holy and divine message has cascaded through time to us, through trial, through tribulation, persecution, banishments, hatred, insults, love, perserverance, Divine Providence and has made it's way after all that time into our hearts as we CONTINUE to trust in Christ Jesus. Now not all who claim they have Christ in their hearts, have Christ in their hearts... they claim Christ but they have the world and it's preoccupation with sin in their hearts... Christ is simply in their backpocket but they lean towards the things of this world first.

There are many sins... but concerning the sin of fornications... that is, bestiality, homosexuality, unmarried heterosexuality... well, the latter seems normal and now they are trying make homosexuality normal... then comes bestiality and then eventually pedophilia. All those are sins and all of the excuses in the world, all of the science and all of the political mumbo jumbo and insults will not change that fact. They are shameful, they are sinful and those who support and help this wickedness to continue are just as guilty as those who are doing it. I'm not saying that if one has a family member or friend in that situation that they ought to avoid them... I'm saying when a Christian especially, goes out of their way and "vehemently" show support to this wickedness then they are culpable also in this particular subject area. And worse yet, if a brother is in the Lord and is actually in fornications then the scripture says to not even associate oneself with except to try and convert him from his wickedness. Someone needs to have a coming out party... that is coming out of this sinful behavior.

"When I say to the wicked,‘O wicked man, you will surely die,’ AND YOU DO NOT SPEAK OUT to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die forahis sin, and I WILL HOLD YOU ACCOUNTABLE for his blood.

But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways AND HE DOES NOT DO SO, he will die for his sin, BUT YOU WILL HAVE SAVED YOURSELF."
Ezekiel 33
Aren't we supposed to love everyone and leave judgement to God? Most pedophiles are hetero males known to the child btw. Sorry Qu but I just can't wrap my head around judging people's sins, I don't think we are supposed to do that <3

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#486464 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Wow you paraphrase way worse than me
You got the first part part right then either intentionally lied or simply have a terrible memory coincidentally at a convenient spot
The first part is right
This is why I question your comprehension, and your reasoning. If I got the first part right, you didn't.
Skombolis wrote:
~Christians aren't required to feel bad about who they hurt, or make amends to them.~
Although he said because they can ask the sky for forgiveness
Now since you saw me write that already, how did you turn
"ask the sky for forgiveness" into "The only ultimate requirement is to ask the Jesus to wash their sins away."?
I didn't see you write that already, or provide that quote. Maybe you did, but I didn't see that.

I paraphrased what I remember reading from IANS, and made it nicer. Asking the sky for forgiveness is a jab, get it?
Skombolis wrote:
But yeah you aren't trying to spin things for IANs!
Tell ya what, you go back to idolizing him and using words he uses and talking about yourself in the plural form and i will go back to reality
I was trying to help you, not IANS.

Now I'm just stringing you along to increase the quantity of your mistakes.

You've now accused me of some things, and tried to frame the situation to favor yourself. I'm up IANS butt, and I idolize him, and I'm not in reality...

I won't treat you like that the next time you stick up for somebody, even though that is not what I'm doing. This is all about you, Dim.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#486465 Feb 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>It is sad how much hatred is spewed in Jesus' name.

"Jesus wept"
Amen :'(

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#486466 Feb 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen <3
It's like Q is a preacher..huh?
Yes - Amen.. Amen to the bs. he preaches on here.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#486467 Feb 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Folks
Part 3/Last

Jesus: "For many are invited, but few are chosen."

Apostle Paul: "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons."

Welp, have to head out earlier. But I will tell you... with the Lord's help I will not be "turned out" to believe that fornications is okay. It is sin... no matter the excuse, no matter the demonic doctrine of evolution by the backsliding backslider, Darwin... Jesus is Lord... thank God for the Chick-fillets and the Hobby Lobby's of the world who stand up against the sin of pride... that is rebellion towards our God and His Christ.

The below message is beautifully stated... for Senecus and Drew especially... Drew, thanks for sharing Dr. Carson. He seems to have gotten more fiesty over the years. I've read his book back in the 90's. A testimony to His Faith... He kept it and did not Shrink back:

Who are the Real Gay Bigots and Bullies?

"George Orwell said,“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” When you tell the truth about homosexuality today, you can be sure that the central tools of deceit—name-calling and bullying—will be unleashed."

http://www.theoakinitiative.org/turek-who-are...

Praise The Lord
George is right. People seem to dislike honesty.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#486468 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why I question your comprehension, and your reasoning. If I got the first part right, you didn't.
<quoted text>
I didn't see you write that already, or provide that quote. Maybe you did, but I didn't see that.
I paraphrased what I remember reading from IANS, and made it nicer. Asking the sky for forgiveness is a jab, get it?
<quoted text>
I was trying to help you, not IANS.
Now I'm just stringing you along to increase the quantity of your mistakes.
You've now accused me of some things, and tried to frame the situation to favor yourself. I'm up IANS butt, and I idolize him, and I'm not in reality...
I won't treat you like that the next time you stick up for somebody, even though that is not what I'm doing. This is all about you, Dim.
LOL

Pass

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#486469 Feb 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
Everything gay is evil.
You stating that in this manner is evil.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#486470 Feb 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>I do remember those "Black Beauties"...Hey...I am talking about 1970 something....LOL

I'm sure you have heard the saying "The sixties were good to me"

:-)
What are black beauties?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#486471 Feb 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>I know Epi...there are many like you out there. The problem is...that the rest of them are yelling louder. They are allowed to get by with it.

Unless I missed it...not one Christian voiced their opinion when CS was on a roll...does that mean no one cared...they agreed...or did they just not want to rock the boat?

Last week on WINLAC a poster decided to post crude jokes about Christians. Guess who took the risk of rocking the boat...again...it wasn't a Christian.

I know at times it seems as if we are painting that broad stroke and I apologize for that. I am fully aware that people such as yourself...LeLe and others would never say those things.

I don't agree with IANS view points...at least not all of them...but where does it stop? Where do we draw the line with the hatred? Do we just accept it because of someone's personal beliefs?

Is it okay for someone to say they are okay with gay kids being bullied to death? Personal belief or not...it isn't okay.

Okay...that is enough...I will end up using all my 4000 characters!
I can't speak for others but I scroll CS's posts, I stopped reading them awhile ago. No, it's not ok to say things like that.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#486472 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Thx
Especially when we feel we are no longer controlled by our sinful natures
Romans 8:9
You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
...that we are not supposed to sin any more
1John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
...that we are new creations in Christ
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
...and God gives us a way out of every temptation
1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
...if anything we as Christians should be in a much better position not to sin yet we still do every day and despite sins of the flesh being equal we pick out the one we know we won't commit and try to make it worse than the others and hold people outside of the faith to it despite it not being illegal and despite that we can't stop sinning ourselves
If that isn't hypocrisy then I don't know what is
Why are people lukewarm when it comes to judging?
Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
I am sure the answer is obvious
(T) Peace
Jesus called it hypocricy..Notice though, that the ONLY ones that Jesus EVER called hypocrites were the Pharisee's and The Teachers of Law? "The Religious Leaders".These Pharisee's were careful to TRY to obey these laws and demanded everyone else to do the same. They "taught" the law. Knew it very well and practiced it daily, But, then in Matthew 5:20 Jesus says this:

For I tell you that unless your righteousness "surpasses" that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Can you quess HOW we are to surpass the righteousness of the Pharisee's and teachers of Law?

Thanks Skom..You made an excellent point on this post..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#486473 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me which religious sects you are speaking of where every church within that sect does what you are saying?
.. why name specific churches when the problem is nearly universal? Do you think Rick Warren, Pope Benedict or Thomas Monson have no influence ??..

.. do you know Evangelists active in Uganda are responsible for inspiring the 'Kill The Gays" legislation by comparing homosexuality to pedophilia, buying politicians and influencing public policy? How many congregants see the big picture? Do you know what occurs behind the walls at Vatican City ??..

.. which is more important - starving children in Africa or one work of art ??..

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_Catholic_Chu...

"If just one painting (at the Vatican) was sold to a rich collector - one out of the countless thousands they have - and the money given to the poor, say, in Africa, the money raised would equal or surpass the total amount of aid given to Africa for the whole of Europe last year."
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
When have I ever denied the disgraceful actions of CERTAIN churches? Wasn't I the one that posted what the Westboro Baptist church put on their sign? And i would say the same thing if it was a Catholic church or Lutheran church or whatever
.. yes. And, that's appreciated ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't deny any of the things you have listed goes on in SOME churches. But you can't label the whole sect any more than you can label the whole church
That is my issue.
.. that's why naming churches is futile. You must look behind closed doors, the funding of twilight organizations, lawsuits ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I don't deny bigotry exists within the church but it is not the church's position and not all churches engage in it and not even all sects.
.. what a church's mission is and, what the leaders say the mission is, are usually two different things ..

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#486474 Feb 10, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello G_O_D

Some seem to think they're from Epi's heart.

If someone decided to post the bible from start to finish daily, what would be the point?....simply because you can?
Sometimes, a passage or devotional speaks to my heart and I share it. Very simple concept really.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#486475 Feb 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>If I send someone roses does that imply that they couldnot obtain them on thir own or that I grew themmyself ?

Sometimes you make good points, Mike. Sometimes you read too much into things.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" - Freud
Well said.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#486476 Feb 10, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" want to be affored the same rights that you and I have.
They deserve to be treated- under the law- as you and I are.
They want a Marriage Certificate!!
Do you object to homosexuals paying their due taxes?
Of course you don't- why do you object to them living and
loving the same
as you?
Your Beastiality, Pedophelia referances- are uncalled for.
No mam, I do not object for Gays/lesbians to pay their due taxes.
No, do not object them living together or loving .

What I do object is their trying to make it that GOD would condone
a Marriage Certificate , as you stated, that was 'UNNATURAL in the site of God.

Beastiality, pedophelia, and homosexuality acts...are all unnatural
acts of sex. It is called 'unnatural in the Bible. DO you object to calling these unnatural?

Actually there is a thread that theses type of discussions on homosexuals is better discussed.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#486477 Feb 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>It is not the gifts or "fruits" that one holds, but how one uses those "fruits" that determines one's legacy...the meaning of the "stored" wealth parable.
Amen <3

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#486478 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm
He called me "dim" quite a few times
Hypocritical judging
Puts you in a bad light
Wish they would stop calling you "Dim"..
You are anything but, and they know this..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#486479 Feb 10, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point Trifecta.
We are to HUMBLE ourselves..No Person is above another.
Maybe this will help, If they want to read it..
Seven Woes on the Teachers of the Law and the Pharisees:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
funny you should reference these verses.

Because when I see another believer thinking they have the right to decide that another believer is not part of the body of Christ or that believer not up to they standards of a jesus follower, those [woes] to the pharisees you write about, that first thing come to my mind.

You get it. and you understand.

Excellence to you Grace.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#486480 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit; liitle IANS wannabe with bleach....I also never claimed to be quoting him on the lacking empathy part. I said several times based on his original statement that is what it infers or implies.
What is the minimum requirement for being a Christian? Whatever that is, people don't need to go beyond that to get the promised reward. They don't need to. They might feel like it, or not. Whether they do or not has nothing to do with whether they are a Christian or not. It depends on their cultural conditioning.
Skombolis wrote:
Would someone with empathy not care about those they hurt just because God forgave them? Looks like my 'crayola' reasoning works pretty well
They have the option to relieve their guilt by praying for forgiveness. If the shame dissipates after the prayer, there is much less motivation to seek forgiveness for those you have wronged.

To answer your question, yes. Someone with empathy can hurt someone and not care about it as long as they can get forgiveness from the authority figure they believe in. The perception of forgiveness from a god must be even more relieving than the forgiveness from a person, or at least it can be.

How does Christianity affect empathy in people? From my experience, there's no definite correlation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Dave Nelson 809,037
Moses never existed 13 min KiMare 1,254
asking a friend for a spanking (Mar '12) 17 min princessddlife 10
sharing your wife 19 min Chrisalex 23
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 22 min My name is Ashok ... 5,624
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 48 min WORD OF GOD OBSCENE 944
Microsoft Evolution headset 54 min myideas2 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 268,805
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Seentheotherside 573,728
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 5 hr hehehe7385 17
More from around the web