Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486517 Feb 10, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus called it hypocricy..Notice though, that the ONLY ones that Jesus EVER called hypocrites were the Pharisee's and The Teachers of Law? "The Religious Leaders".These Pharisee's were careful to TRY to obey these laws and demanded everyone else to do the same. They "taught" the law. Knew it very well and practiced it daily, But, then in Matthew 5:20 Jesus says this:

For I tell you that unless your righteousness "surpasses" that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Can you quess HOW we are to surpass the righteousness of the Pharisee's and teachers of Law?

Thanks Skom..You made an excellent point on this post..
Agreed. Hi Grace :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#486518 Feb 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Both versions of IANS' quotes say the same thing.
I appreciate the thought my friend but probably better to let it be.

I can deal with it easily and this way you won't have half a dozen people targeting you. Then it goes from 6 posts to me to 12 posts to you and me and before you know it the whole room is filled with posts that monopolize the discussion

I understand why someone would want to even the odds out of fair play but I am cool

Sending (T) Peace and love your way

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486519 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>What is the minimum requirement for being a Christian? Whatever that is, people don't need to go beyond that to get the promised reward. They don't need to. They might feel like it, or not. Whether they do or not has nothing to do with whether they are a Christian or not. It depends on their cultural conditioning.

Skombolis wrote, "
Would someone with empathy not care about those they hurt just because God forgave them? Looks like my 'crayola' reasoning works pretty well"

They have the option to relieve their guilt by praying for forgiveness. If the shame dissipates after the prayer, there is much less motivation to seek forgiveness for those you have wronged.

To answer your question, yes. Someone with empathy can hurt someone and not care about it as long as they can get forgiveness from the authority figure they believe in. The perception of forgiveness from a god must be even more relieving than the forgiveness from a person, or at least it can be.

How does Christianity affect empathy in people? From my experience, there's no definite correlation.
To quote X "*SNORT*"

Location hidden

#486520 Feb 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about it Skom. Lots of his posts are contradictory. All one needs to see that is the ability to read. You should be crying by now with all this bullying going on...
Someone can only be bullied if they are weaker

It is easy enough to handle

(T) Peace

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486521 Feb 10, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>Curious.. I am starting to think you do not have
Google in your part of the world. lol..

Topix- but no other way of finding info??
lol..
That's so funny! Are you a professional comedian? Wow.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#486522 Feb 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
What are black beauties?
Black gelatine capsules of amphetamine or caffiene.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486523 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>My feelings for IANS provided about 10% or less of the motivation. It was so little that I didn't notice until just now when I thought to quantify it. They (feelings, in case you lost track) didn't and don't color my judgement at all. That part offends me.

Do you really think that I would corrupt my judgement to prop up a friend?
Lol

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#486525 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't want to see anything broad-brushed
.. remember my reference to The Little Church On The Prairie? Many churches do good work, benefit a community. That's why they have non-profit status. When they stop doing good work, it's time to yank their tax exemption ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the problem is wide-spread.
.. my goodness, I'm impressed ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But,
.. there's that nasty disclaimer ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But there are also many, many members who don't teach that way or believe in singling out sins
.. agreed. Now, what do we do with Christians who do teach that way ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But hopefully we are coming closer to common ground here on how we would define the problem. I would say far-reaching but definitely not universal(T) Peace
.. are you being sooooo kind. You must want to have sex with me ..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486527 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL

I think it is more of a reflection of their lack of strength but tomatoe tomato

:)

Although I would add if someone thinks merit supports their position there usually is little reason for others to keep joining the fray. When quality fails the less capable normally go with quantity IMO

(T) Peace
I agree.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#486528 Feb 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ business/ahmadinejad-says-he-w ill-talk-with-us-if-west-stops -pressuring-iran/2013/02/10/96 dc5b38-737e-11e2-9889-60bfcbb0 2149_story.html The REAL reason the hard-line islamists are becoming more willing to talk,and or negotiate,with their eneimes is because they know their hard-line stance isn't going to get them anywhere. They know they'll have to...FEIGN a 'change of attitude'. They're 'feigning' friendliness the same way that terrorists 'feigned' their way right up alongside of the U.S.S Cole. They shouldn't be trusted any more than Eve should have trusted the talking serpent in the Garden of Eden.
:(

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486529 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Someone can only be bullied if they are weaker

It is easy enough to handle

(T) Peace

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486530 Feb 10, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus called it hypocricy..Notice though, that the ONLY ones that Jesus EVER called hypocrites were the Pharisee's and The Teachers of Law?....
]

Incorrect. That is what you read into:

“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others." Matthew 6

There is no indication of that refering to Pharisees or any other group.

No more than if he said "Don't wear fancy clothes to Church."

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486531 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate the thought my friend but probably better to let it be.

I can deal with it easily and this way you won't have half a dozen people targeting you. Then it goes from 6 posts to me to 12 posts to you and me and before you know it the whole room is filled with posts that monopolize the discussion

I understand why someone would want to even the odds out of fair play but I am cool

Sending (T) Peace and love your way
People targeting me en masse! Oh no! That's never happened before! Whatever will I do ;)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#486532 Feb 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for others but I scroll CS's posts, I stopped reading them awhile ago. No, it's not ok to say things like that.
Every child...regardless of skin color, nationality, sexual orientation, faith...deserves to be protected. They deserve our help in that. We should all be appalled at how carelessly words of hatred are thrown at them.

When we do not stand up for our children...when we do not protect them...our future is doomed.

The child's song goes...

Jesus loves the little children of the world...we seem to think that it is only the straight kids.

Red and yellow, black and white...as long as they are straight.

When my son was born...he was gift given to me to love and protect...I made that promise...I made it with no conditions attacked...even if he wasn't straight.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486533 Feb 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Black gelatine capsules of amphetamine or caffiene.
I heard of them... I think my mum used to take them but I forget the name in Portuguese... Cheers G, I don't know how to use google...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486534 Feb 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
What I do object is their trying to make it that GOD would condone
a Marriage Certificate ,....
Here in the USA only the government grants marriage certificates.

It is a civil secular partnership. It has nothing to do with any religion.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#486535 Feb 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
When I look at the picture,I can see why the Lord destroyed Sodom and Gommorah. It makes me almost wanna' throw up.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#486536 Feb 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about it Skom. Lots of his posts are contradictory. All one needs to see that is the ability to read. You should be crying by now with all this bullying going on...
.. hi ya Luci In The Sky, with diamonds ..

.. how come AIN & SKOM are getting all the attention today ??..

Come to me tonight,
Come to me tonight,
I've taken everything in sight,
But, you can make it all right.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#486537 Feb 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
She can write some pretty hurtful things too.
Such as...get it off your chest JL.

Location hidden

#486538 Feb 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. remember my reference to The Little Church On The Prairie? Many churches do good work, benefit a community. That's why they have non-profit status. When they stop doing good work, it's time to yank their tax exemption ..
I perceived the Little House on the Prairie characterization to imply it was the major exception. Although I would guess we probably do have different ideas as far as how rampant it is
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. my goodness, I'm impressed ....
And i still have my clothes on. Its gets even better
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. agreed. Now, what do we do with Christians who do teach that way ??....
Well there is little way to stop someone from speaking their mind but you don't have to put a microphone in front of it. When enough other people object priests and pastures will either have to change what they say or be replaced. The thing is people are not good at confronting let alone correcting what has long been not only someone looked as a spiritual leader. My guess is the most effective way other than people speaking out against is when people start going to different churches. When there are two people in the pews come collection time at churches putting signs up like "God hates fags" I am guess you will see a change. I am not saying all churches are based on greed (some are) but all churches need funds to operate. That's just life. And when enough people stop supporting churches that preach hate they will simply cease to exist
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. are you being sooooo kind. You must want to have sex with me ..
Once in a while I do things without an ulterior motive! But if you are offering?

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Gabriel 981,381
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Just Think 673,377
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ROCCO 104,772
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 3 hr cval84 8
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 4 hr daniellehurley 452
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 4 hr True Christian-Jew 84
crooks frauds predators 6 hr anonymous 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr FireyFellow44 445,814
More from around the web