“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#486431 Feb 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply.
I agree with the six things in the Psalm.
Interesting take on empty prayers. I agree but for different reasons.
I do not agree that abomination, "God hates" to equate to sin. I am sure "God hates" to see little children die from cancer or birth defects. I do not think getting cancer, or in the case of inherited defects passing the genes to one's child, a sin.
The word abomination is IMHO not as cut and dried as everyone makes it out to be.
I agree Duane that God hates to see little children die from cancer or birth defects and it is wrong saying that passing the genes on to the child is a sin....

Thanks

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#486432 Feb 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this is about religious sects with power and influence, not just bigotry ..
Please tell me which religious sects you are speaking of where every church within that sect does what you are saying?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. SKOM, posting to you is becoming somewhat tedious because you fail to acknowledge the disgraceful actions of certain churches. How can you ignore the fact that certain sects are extremely powerful or preach a doctrine of guilt, shame and hell-fire? Why can't you address my gripes instead of telling me how it 'should be' or 'is' for me ??..
When have I ever denied the disgraceful actions of CERTAIN churches? Wasn't I the one that posted what the Wesboro Baptist church put on their sign? And i would say the same thing if it was a Catholic church or Lutheran church or whatever

I don't deny any of the things you have listed goes on in SOME churches. But you can't label the whole sect any more than you can label the whole church

That is my issue. I don't deny bigotry exists within the church but it is not the church's position and not all churches engage in it and not even all sects. If you took my failure to address what you listed as a denial it goes on that was not my intent. I assumed it was a given we agree that goes on so I moved on to the point that it goes on but not everywhere

Although from today's posts we are probably on the same page now

(T) Peace

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#486433 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Fascinating but in no comparable
Someone is quite capable of repeating what someone says without losing any of the meaning
Someone is.
Skombolis wrote:
If he said he believes there is a possibility creator gods exist but he would require proof and I repeat that back to him and he denies it because to agree at that point would give ground to a point i was making then that is a deliberate lie
He didn't deny anything he actually said. He expressed his frustration at your continual failure to represent his words accurately. He never said you were completely off base. You change one word or add in something irrelevant and you create something all your own.

Providing quotes is good. Now when you misunderstand something and provide the quote, we'll know how to help you.
Skombolis wrote:
I know you look up to IANS and maybe you see all his posts as works of art but I don't need to be IANS to repeat back what he said. And all he needs to do to be honest is not deny things he knows he said. Well...not all, but in this scenario anyway
You can try to spin it any way you like. It is what it is
IANS is a talented, insightful, and most of all, a considerate writer. He does not deny things he said. All you have to do is provide a direct quote or link. I'm sure he'd be willing to work with you, if you could muster an apology for your mistakes.

Who would know best what IANS means by IANS' words? I'm guessing that would be IANS. You don't get to decide what other people's words mean. You can assume, then call someone a liar based on that assumption. Then you can continue to hold to that assumption, even when someone who does understand corrects you. This is exactly what you have done. It's not spin.

If you could admit that you were wrong, would you apologize? What would it take to convince you that you were wrong?

Location hidden

#486434 Feb 10, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN Skom!! I couldn't agree more. We ALL sin so how can we justify our sins and condemn the sins of others? Thanks
Thx

Especially when we feel we are no longer controlled by our sinful natures

Romans 8:9
You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

...that we are not supposed to sin any more

1John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

...that we are new creations in Christ
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

...and God gives us a way out of every temptation

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

...if anything we as Christians should be in a much better position not to sin yet we still do every day and despite sins of the flesh being equal we pick out the one we know we won't commit and try to make it worse than the others and hold people outside of the faith to it despite it not being illegal and despite that we can't stop sinning ourselves

If that isn't hypocrisy then I don't know what is

Why are people lukewarm when it comes to judging?

Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

I am sure the answer is obvious

(T) Peace

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#486435 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Sorry but you are lying again
You said Christians believe they don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness.
Where's the quote, Dim?

You got it wrong, again.

This time, I'll paraphrase from memory.

Christians aren't required to feel bad about who they hurt, or make amends to them. The only ultimate requirement is to ask the Jesus to wash their sins away.

I have no doubt that my paraphrasing uses different words than what IANS said, but I think he would agree with my statement, and not with yours.
Skombolis wrote:
How is that anything but saying Christians don't have empathy and only care about who they hurt for self-serving reasons such as being forgiven?
Blah blah. Your Crayola version is flawed, Dim.
Skombolis wrote:
You just lie and lie and lie some more don't you
Do I have to go search out that post as well? Because that is what you said
Yes. Provide the quote, give us your interpretation, and wait for the actual meaning to be explained to you by the person who wrote the quote.

Then, after communication has been successfully completed, you can have a valid opinion, Dim.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#486436 Feb 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to see what type of hatred it breeds...just take a look at the posts of DR's that have been directed my way...from my avatar which is nothing more that a piece of art to the belittlement of my son.
All that I can say is...I feel pity for him...nothing more in his life than trying to tear down others.
It is however what some choose to do with their religion...with whatever god they believe in.
In the mean time...I will try to remain gracious...LOL
I see what hatred it breeds, Annie.
I have lived my life defending those who are discriminated
against- especially in the name of Christ.

I am not sure how many here take the DR's.(shrink especially)
seriously..lol..
So, I guess I would advise you to skip their posts..which I do anyways..

Yes, your avatar is beautiful.. and yes, you have a son
who is blessed with a Loving mom..

Gracious fits nicely..
:)

Location hidden

#486437 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone is.
<quoted text>
He didn't deny anything he actually said. He expressed his frustration at your continual failure to represent his words accurately.
That is not what happened since I did express what he said accurately and he did deny it. Please tell me how I expressed it wrong?

Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"

IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."

Since that is exactly what he had said in a prior post
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could admit that you were wrong, would you apologize? What would it take to convince you that you were wrong?
If i was wrong I would apologize. This is as black and right as it gets

What would it take for you to admit IANS lied?

Do you deny he said he believes there is a possibility creator gods exist? Do you deny he said he would require proof before believing it?

I am done with this Tide. You can think what you want. I know others can see it for what it is because it isn't even just this, it has happened over and over and over again and with other people

Location hidden

#486438 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

Providing quotes is good. Now when you misunderstand something and provide the quote, we'll know how to help you.
"WE'll know how to help you" I didn't realize this was a group effort. oh right, yes I did!
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS is a talented, insightful, and most of all, a considerate writer.
I realize you are smitten with him.

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He does not deny things he said.
Yes he does, all the time. Sometimes he even says he won't deny or confirm if he said it because he wants someone to have to spend hours looking for an old post instead of just admitting to what he said

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not spin.
Yeah it is. He said he believes its possible creator gods exist but would need proof. When I said that back to him to make a different point he denied it.

I wanted to finish up responding to this post but I won't indulge this further as it couldn't be more clear
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#486439 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting your information??
Someone who is not married is not protected under law by spousal privilege. Nor do they get citizenship or certain insurance benefits that comes with marriage.
I never spoke about power of attorney, that is to control someone's legal affairs and anybody can set anybody up for that
And no living together does not give someone certain say in medical decisions
Again, please show where you have gotten your information as nothing you made in this post in correct.
Why do always have to have PROOF of what WE are saying, do you feel that everyone LIES to you, that you are the only one that is correct?

My neighbor and his girlfriend are living together..Man and a woman,.. hetros. He works, she doesn't---He has got HER on his Insurance at HIS work, went under 'domestic partner' she has a medical card (insurance card) with HER name on it THROUGH his work,as well as HE does. He said gays/lesbians do this also, so HE did. Supposedly this is what they want anyways BENEFITS for their gay lover..Right?
Now I added the power of attourney for MEDICAL decissions, can go to ANYONE they want. Also did you know that you can put ANYONE in your WILL that you want and so can gays/lesbians!.
So, one of the ways you can know for sure is ASK your work , if you had a girlfriend that lived with you, can you ADD them as domestic partner, on your medical insurance, and see for yourself.
This couple had 'United HealthCare Insurance, your next step for proof will be to call Unied HealthCare and ASK them.
What gays/lesbians really want is for them to get married in a church like HETROS do, and PROVE that it is NOT wrong in the sight of GOD, since most weddings is done by a Minister, and a BIBLE.(no, getting married does NOT have to be doe by a CHURCH Minister! so the gays/lesbians could go that route)
In MY opinion, this will never be proven!
Some states ,and some churches will marry the gays and lesbians NOW.
Homosexuals are mentioned in the bible Men wanting sex with Men---read Genesis 19
Homosexuality acts are unnatural
Beastiality is unnatural
Pedophilia is unnatural
and there are others
Bible says that God detest this and HE destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah for this --DESTROYED it!

Location hidden

#486440 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the quote, Dim?
You got it wrong, again.
Christians aren't required to feel bad about who they hurt, or make amends to them. The only ultimate requirement is to ask the Jesus to wash their sins away.
I have no doubt that my paraphrasing uses different words than what IANS said, but I think he would agree with my statement, and not with yours.
<quoted text>
Blah blah. Your Crayola version is flawed, Dim.
<quoted text>
Yes. Provide the quote, give us your interpretation, and wait for the actual meaning to be explained to you by the person who wrote the quote.
Then, after communication has been successfully completed, you can have a valid opinion, Dim.
LOL

You head is so far up IANS butt you are actually speaking out of his mouth!

Are you using the word "dim" because IANS started using it?

Man how bad did you need a father figure growing up?

Location hidden

#486441 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

Wow you paraphrase way worse than me

You got the first part part right then either intentionally lied or simply have a terrible memory coincidentally at a convenient spot

The first part is right

~Christians aren't required to feel bad about who they hurt, or make amends to them.~

Although he said because they can ask the sky for forgiveness

Now since you saw me write that already, how did you turn

"ask the sky for forgiveness" into "The only ultimate requirement is to ask the Jesus to wash their sins away."?

But yeah you aren't trying to spin things for IANs!

Tell ya what, you go back to idolizing him and using words he uses and talking about yourself in the plural form and i will go back to reality

Location hidden

#486442 Feb 10, 2013
Edit; liitle IANS wannabe with bleach....I also never claimed to be quoting him on the lacking empathy part. I said several times based on his original statement that is what it infers or implies. Would someone with empathy not care about those they hurt just because God forgave them? Looks like my 'crayola' reasoning works pretty well

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#486443 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell ya what, you go back to idolizing him and using words he uses and talking about yourself in the plural form and i will go back to reality
Ad hominem.

Places you in a bad light.

Better to stick to the substance.

Location hidden

#486444 Feb 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do always have to have PROOF of what WE are saying, do you feel that everyone LIES to you, that you are the only one that is correct?
My neighbor and his girlfriend are living together..Man and a woman,.. hetros. He works, she doesn't---He has got HER on his Insurance at HIS work, went under 'domestic partner' she has a medical card (insurance card) with HER name on it THROUGH his work,as well as HE does. He said gays/lesbians do this also, so HE did. Supposedly this is what they want anyways BENEFITS for their gay lover..Right?
Now I added the power of attourney for MEDICAL decissions, can go to ANYONE they want. Also did you know that you can put ANYONE in your WILL that you want and so can gays/lesbians!.
So, one of the ways you can know for sure is ASK your work , if you had a girlfriend that lived with you, can you ADD them as domestic partner, on your medical insurance, and see for yourself.
This couple had 'United HealthCare Insurance, your next step for proof will be to call Unied HealthCare and ASK them.
What gays/lesbians really want is for them to get married in a church like HETROS do, and PROVE that it is NOT wrong in the sight of GOD, since most weddings is done by a Minister, and a BIBLE.(no, getting married does NOT have to be doe by a CHURCH Minister! so the gays/lesbians could go that route)
Homosexuals are mentioned in the bible Men wanting sex with Men---read Genesis 19
Beastiality is unnatural
Pedophilia is unnatural
and there are others
Bible says that God detest this and HE destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah for this --DESTROYED it!
Did I say you were lying? Why so paranoid?

And just because SOME insurances may allow for domestic partners doesn't mean all do. And you absolutely are not protecting under spousal privileges nor can you get citizenship nor certain tax breaks nor a lot of things. So what is your point? That in some cases possible a few less civil rights are being denied regardless of tons of important ones that still are?

And please learn the Bible if you are going to reference it. Sodom was not destroyed for homosexuality. It was destroyed for its treatment of strangers according to the OT and for unfaithfulness in the NT.

The bi-product of their weak faith was sin but no one sin was the cause. If you don't believe me, check the Bible

Location hidden

#486445 Feb 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hominem.
Places you in a bad light.
Better to stick to the substance.
Hmmm

He called me "dim" quite a few times

Hypocritical judging

Puts you in a bad light

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#486446 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
That is not what happened since I did express what he said accurately and he did deny it. Please tell me how I expressed it wrong?
Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
This is paraphrasing. This is not a quote. He did say that he doesn't rule out the possibility of a creator god. What would he require proof for? Where does that come from? That doesn't belong to this statement.
Skombolis wrote:
IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
Since that is exactly what he had said in a prior post
This is a quote. How did you interpret this?

Follow the bouncing ball. I'm taking it slow so you don't get lost again.
Skombolis wrote:
If i was wrong I would apologize. This is as black and right as it gets
What would it take for you to admit IANS lied?
You'd have to demonstrate that you know what IANS was thinking, and was intentionally misleading someone.

What have you done?
Skombolis wrote:
Do you deny he said he believes there is a possibility creator gods exist?
He doesn't rule it out as a possibility, because he can't. It isn't possible. "Belief" doesn't enter into it at this junction.
Skombolis wrote:
Do you deny he said he would require proof before believing it?
I can neither confirm nor deny. I don't remember. You should provide the quote to what you were paraphrasing so I can help you piece this together, if you care.
Skombolis wrote:
I am done with this Tide. You can think what you want. I know others can see it for what it is because it isn't even just this, it has happened over and over and over again and with other people
You're not done. I just caught you incorrectly paraphrasing him yet again.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#486447 Feb 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

Well said.

The following is a list at http://richardwaynegarganta.com/abomination.h... of things the Bible considers an abomination:
Unclean things (Lev. 7:21)
Customs of pagans (Lev. 18:30)
Idols (2 Chr. 15:8; 1 Pet. 4:3)
Sins of men (Ps. 14:1; 53:1)
Cheating (Mic. 6:10)
Lost souls (Rev. 21:8)
A froward man (perverse; one who turns aside (Pro. 3:32; 11:20)
A proud look (Pro. 6:16-17)
A lying tongue (Pro. 6:17; 12:22)
Hands that shed innocent blood ((Pro. 6:17)
A wicked scheming heart (Pro. 6:18)
Feet that are quick to sin (Pro. 6:18)
A false witness that speaks lies (Pro. 6:19)
A sower of discord (Pro. 6:19)
Wickedness (Pro. 8:7)
A false balance or scale (Pro. 11:1)
Sacrifices of the wicked (Pro. 15:8; 21:27)
The way of the wicked (Pro. 15:9)
The thoughts of the wicked (Pro. 15:26)
The proud of heart (Pro. 16:5)
Justifying the wicked (Pro. 17:15)
Condemning the just (Pro. 17:15)
Divers, dishonest weights (Pro. 20:10, 23)
Divers, dishonest measures (Pro. 20:10)
Refusing to hear the law (Pro. 28:9)
Prayers of the rebel (Pro. 28:9)
Eating flesh of peace offerings on the 3rd day (Lev. 7:18)
Some same sex acts (Lev. 18:22; 20:13; Dt. 23:18)
Taking ornaments from idols when being destroyed (Dt. 7:25-26)
Any Idolatrous practices (Dt. 12:31; 13:14; 17:4; 18:9; 20:18; 29:17)
Offering an imperfect animal to God as a sacrifice (Dt. 17:1)
Any traffic with demons (Dt. 18:7-12)
Wearing clothes of the opposite sex (Dt. 22:5)
Bringing the hire of a harlot or sodomite into God's house (Dt. 23:18)
Re-marriage of former companions (Dt. 24:1-4)
Cheating others (Dt. 25:13-16)
Making images/idols (Dt. 27:15)
Idols of Ammon (1 Ki. 11:5)
Idols of Moab (1 Ki. 11:7; 2 Ki. 11:13)
Idols of Zidon (2 Ki. 23:13)
Incense offered by hypocrites (Isa. 1:13)
Eating unclean things (Isa. 66:17)
Offering human sacrifices (Jer. 32:35)
Robbery (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Murder (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Adultery (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Oppression of others, particularly the poor or vulnerable (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Violence (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Breaking vows (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Lending with interest to a brother (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Lying with a menstruous woman (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Hardness of heart (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Injustice (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Worship of anti-Christ (Dan. 11:31; 12:11; Mt. 24:15; 2 Th. 2:4; Rev. 13)
Incest (Lev. 19: 6-30)
Things highly esteemed by man (Lk. 16:15)
Many other sins of the nations (Lev. 18: 26-29; Dt. 18: 9-12; 20:18; 29:17; 1 Ki. 14:24; 21:2, 11; 23:24; 2 Chr. 28:3; 33:2; 34:33; 36:14; Ezek. 7: 3-20; 8: 6-17; 16: 2-58; 20: 4-30; Rev. 17: 4-5)
Thank you.

Yes and as we can see there are many. As a Christian I can only say what I feel in my Heart, and I know the Bible to be God's word handed down to us. We do not know how God handles our individual
Sins, but I guess one of these days we will find out, when we do experience death, as we ALL will do that.

Location hidden

#486448 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
This is paraphrasing. This is not a quote. He did say that he doesn't rule out the possibility of a creator god. What would he require proof for? Where does that come from? That doesn't belong to this statement.
<quoted text>
This is a quote. How did you interpret this?
Follow the bouncing ball. I'm taking it slow so you don't get lost again.
<quoted text>
You'd have to demonstrate that you know what IANS was thinking, and was intentionally misleading someone.
What have you done?
<quoted text>
He doesn't rule it out as a possibility, because he can't. It isn't possible. "Belief" doesn't enter into it at this junction.
<quoted text>
I can neither confirm nor deny. I don't remember. You should provide the quote to what you were paraphrasing so I can help you piece this together, if you care.
<quoted text>
You're not done. I just caught you incorrectly paraphrasing him yet again.
LOL

Pass

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#486449 Feb 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Beastiality is unnatural
Pedophilia is unnatural
and there are others
"They" want to be affored the same rights that you and I have.
They deserve to be treated- under the law- as you and I are.
They want a Marriage Certificate!!

Do you object to homosexuals paying their due taxes?
Of course you don't- why do you object to them living and
loving the same
as you?

Your Beastiality, Pedophelia referances- are uncalled for.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#486450 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm
He called me "dim" quite a few times
Hypocritical judging
Puts you in a bad light
I understand.

But I do see a difference between using a term derogatory of your intellect, and accusing somebody of idolizing somebody else in order to deflect from the substance of his post.

I'm just telling you that I was reading your post very carefully, and the ad hominem caused me to drop it altogether.

End of discussion, from my end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Dave Nelson 775,985
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... (May '14) 11 min girls united states 36
horny girls want to text???? (Mar '14) 13 min girls united states 21
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min UMAkeWORLDPEACEUI... 175,695
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min who 265,231
I'm white but don't like white women? (Jan '10) 17 min kitty 123 112
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min hojo 559,750
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr mannibterf 441,787
More from around the web