|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
The following is a list at http://richardwaynegarganta.com/abomination.h... of things the Bible considers an abomination:
Unclean things (Lev. 7:21)
Customs of pagans (Lev. 18:30)
Idols (2 Chr. 15:8; 1 Pet. 4:3)
Sins of men (Ps. 14:1; 53:1)
Cheating (Mic. 6:10)
Lost souls (Rev. 21:8)
A froward man (perverse; one who turns aside (Pro. 3:32; 11:20)
A proud look (Pro. 6:16-17)
A lying tongue (Pro. 6:17; 12:22)
Hands that shed innocent blood ((Pro. 6:17)
A wicked scheming heart (Pro. 6:18)
Feet that are quick to sin (Pro. 6:18)
A false witness that speaks lies (Pro. 6:19)
A sower of discord (Pro. 6:19)
Wickedness (Pro. 8:7)
A false balance or scale (Pro. 11:1)
Sacrifices of the wicked (Pro. 15:8; 21:27)
The way of the wicked (Pro. 15:9)
The thoughts of the wicked (Pro. 15:26)
The proud of heart (Pro. 16:5)
Justifying the wicked (Pro. 17:15)
Condemning the just (Pro. 17:15)
Divers, dishonest weights (Pro. 20:10, 23)
Divers, dishonest measures (Pro. 20:10)
Refusing to hear the law (Pro. 28:9)
Prayers of the rebel (Pro. 28:9)
Eating flesh of peace offerings on the 3rd day (Lev. 7:18)
Some same sex acts (Lev. 18:22; 20:13; Dt. 23:18)
Taking ornaments from idols when being destroyed (Dt. 7:25-26)
Any Idolatrous practices (Dt. 12:31; 13:14; 17:4; 18:9; 20:18; 29:17)
Offering an imperfect animal to God as a sacrifice (Dt. 17:1)
Any traffic with demons (Dt. 18:7-12)
Wearing clothes of the opposite sex (Dt. 22:5)
Bringing the hire of a harlot or sodomite into God's house (Dt. 23:18)
Re-marriage of former companions (Dt. 24:1-4)
Cheating others (Dt. 25:13-16)
Making images/idols (Dt. 27:15)
Idols of Ammon (1 Ki. 11:5)
Idols of Moab (1 Ki. 11:7; 2 Ki. 11:13)
Idols of Zidon (2 Ki. 23:13)
Incense offered by hypocrites (Isa. 1:13)
Eating unclean things (Isa. 66:17)
Offering human sacrifices (Jer. 32:35)
Robbery (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Murder (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Adultery (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Oppression of others, particularly the poor or vulnerable (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Violence (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Breaking vows (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Lending with interest to a brother (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Lying with a menstruous woman (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Hardness of heart (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Injustice (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Worship of anti-Christ (Dan. 11:31; 12:11; Mt. 24:15; 2 Th. 2:4; Rev. 13)
Incest (Lev. 19: 6-30)
Things highly esteemed by man (Lk. 16:15)
Many other sins of the nations (Lev. 18: 26-29; Dt. 18: 9-12; 20:18; 29:17; 1 Ki. 14:24; 21:2, 11; 23:24; 2 Chr. 28:3; 33:2; 34:33; 36:14; Ezek. 7: 3-20; 8: 6-17; 16: 2-58; 20: 4-30; Rev. 17: 4-5)
So, should I tie myself to the stake? Or will someone else do that for me? Who will light the fire if I am tied up in it? I don't think there will be time to tell it all as the flames purify the transgressions, if there is no offset of balance. It seems the cure is just as dangerous as the affliction of impurity. Perhaps there is a more appropriate remedy.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Epi...there are many like you out there. The problem is...that the rest of them are yelling louder. They are allowed to get by with it.
Unless I missed it...not one Christian voiced their opinion when CS was on a roll...does that mean no one cared...they agreed...or did they just not want to rock the boat?
Last week on WINLAC a poster decided to post crude jokes about Christians. Guess who took the risk of rocking the boat...again...it wasn't a Christian.
I know at times it seems as if we are painting that broad stroke and I apologize for that. I am fully aware that people such as yourself...LeLe and others would never say those things.
I don't agree with IANS view points...at least not all of them...but where does it stop? Where do we draw the line with the hatred? Do we just accept it because of someone's personal beliefs?
Is it okay for someone to say they are okay with gay kids being bullied to death? Personal belief or not...it isn't okay.
Okay...that is enough...I will end up using all my 4000 characters!
There are many posters on here that I scroll past...because it is the same no matter what others say to them....they just like to see their posts. So I'm sure I miss alot of "Goings on"...My purpose is to uplift and support posters here...

I don't know where it will stop? Do you think you change their minds with your words? This world can be cruel.....and beautiful...I can only change my world and attitude

I think you were close (using them up...LOL)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
Okay...to see if maybe we can discuss something different today...
Would like your thoughts on if you believe this is a bit extreme...or if you agree with the man's actions.
Tennessee man quits job after '666' stamped on W-2
Published February 07, 2013
Associated Press
NASHVILLE, Tenn.– A Tennessee maintenance worker says he quit his job because his W-2 tax form was stamped with the number 666.
Walter Slonopas told The Tennessean that accepting the number would have condemned his soul to hell. That number is considered the "mark of the beast" in the Bible's Book of Revelation describing the apocalypse.
The company that handles payroll for Contech Casting LLC says the number meant Slonopas' form was the 666th one mailed out.
The 52-year-old Slonopas says he had trouble with the number before. He was supposed to be assigned No. 668 to use when he clocked in. Because of a mix-up, he was assigned 666. He complained and got a new number.
A company spokesman says Contech would send a new W-2 and wants to rehire Slonopas. But Slonopas says "God is worth more than money."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/07/tennesse...
How can we criticize him, but not those who believe other parts of the bible in the same way? The bible can be interpreted as saying to avoid that number. Christian pharmacists have been fired for refusing to fill legal prescriptions for morning after pills. http://www.life.org/phar2.html I think most were admired by their fellow Christians for it. Is that different?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
You know what you feel inside...I know what I feel inside...God knows what is inside our hearts....That's all that counts!!
Somebody was asking earlier - Serah, perhaps?- what private religion is. This was a good illustration. Most unbelievers have no problem with this type of thing. It's confined to the lives of believers.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many posters on here that I scroll past...because it is the same no matter what others say to them....they just like to see their posts. So I'm sure I miss alot of "Goings on"...My purpose is to uplift and support posters here...
I don't know where it will stop? Do you think you change their minds with your words? This world can be cruel.....and beautiful...I can only change my world and attitude
I think you were close (using them up...LOL)
I am not like IANS...I am not out to change the world...only one person at a time. As I said...if one believes it is a sin...if one believes it is wrong...that is their opinion.

What I want to change is the cruelty of one's words.

Have a made a difference...according to what some have told me...I have.

My own nephew was homophobic. He still believes that it is a sin...but he has also learned that they deserve the same respect that he would show to heterosexuals. He has even made friends with a few...he has learned...they really are no different than himself.

Another person...ugly homophobic...he still doesn't agree...but he has seen the hatefulness of his words.

I had a Christian from another thread t-mail me...again...he still thought it was sin...but changed his approach when he saw the ugliness of his own words.

There are others...each becoming a little kinder...a little more compassionate.

Will the Christian faith ever change...no...I do not look for it to nor do I even expect it to. Hopefully though some will see the hatred of their words they use...realize...that even gays were included in that "love your neighbor as yourself".

That is all that I try to do...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I agree Epi, well stated, God Bless <3
It is not the gifts or "fruits" that one holds, but how one uses those "fruits" that determines one's legacy...the meaning of the "stored" wealth parable.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
The line "love the sinner...hate the sin" is a hollow and shallow cover-up. How does one expect another to feel that love when one has called them a...

pervert
deviant
scum of the earth
human garbage
pedophile
degradation to marriage
sex with animals
etc
etc
etc

Do you really expect anyone to see that as anything else but hatred?
Nicely stated.
AnnieJ wrote:
An example...
At one time I posted on the Gay/Lesbian forum. There was a professed Christian that was as vile as I had ever seen.
I asked him once...what he would do if his child came home and told him he was gay.

His response...
I would throw him out on the pile with the rest of the trash.
One can say that man was not a "true" Christian...yet I have read similar comments here on this thread among the "true" Christians.
As I said above...that "love the sinner...hate the sin" rings hollow...a cover up for hatred.
Somebody was saying that their religion teaches love - tough love. I call it hate, too. This (above) is what is too often learned.

I think it was Skombolis that wanted to see an official homophobia policy from the church before he would consider whether it was to blame for such predictable outcomes.

The whole culture of homophobia is pernicious. It damages family. It torments individuals. It's unfair and it's unkind.

No.

Sorry, Christians, but no - you can't have that, not if you can be stopped. You just don't get to do that to people because of some old book. It's ridiculous.

We can do so much better than this.

And we will, once the church stops churning out so many tens of millions of copies of this hateful meme, and filling our neighborhoods with it. Our neighbors file into corner chapels every Sunday to be trained in this hatred, and then return to their homes to live their daily lives believing that hate is love. That can't be good for anybody that I care about.

That is part of why I denounce that church.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

I think the whole pre-marital sex rule was implemented to protect the monetary value of virgin daughters.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god has already changed multiple times.
Your god's word is becoming more irrelevant every day. Your god may still be talking in a century, but almost nobody in the West will be listening. I hope its "last word" will come sooner.
Notice how my comment irritates you. That's because you feel that you have the right to make proclamations like the one you just made, but that contradictions are inappropriate. But no:
What comes 'round goes 'round.
Many see it as a simple wheel, which is a very limited view. I see it as a spiral of progression, much like that of a chromosome, having affects seen and unseen for all generations following and interacting with all things past-present and future. It is only as good as the "builders" contributions to it's sunstance.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Duane....
When it comes to "Why does God feel this way or that way?" I am NOT proud enough to speak for God...He has his reasons...That is when people say "If God feels that way then I want nothing to do with him"...That is their choice...
IMO Abomination means something that God hates....He hates other things beside Homosexuality....
These six things doth the LORD hate:
yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies,
and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Prayer is even added to the list of “abominations,” if it comes from one who turns his ear from hearing the law in Proverbs 28:9.
He who turns away his ear from listening to the law,
Even his prayer is an abomination. NASB
I think God has hated things we all do (or have done in our past)
Have a good day
Thanks for the reply.

I agree with the six things in the Psalm.

Interesting take on empty prayers. I agree but for different reasons.

I do not agree that abomination, "God hates" to equate to sin. I am sure "God hates" to see little children die from cancer or birth defects. I do not think getting cancer, or in the case of inherited defects passing the genes to one's child, a sin.

The word abomination is IMHO not as cut and dried as everyone makes it out to be.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What I want to change is the cruelty of one's words.....
Some say, "It is better know a man's heart by the hatred that comes from his mouth than to guess what is hidden behind a scheming smile."

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It is not the gifts or "fruits" that one holds, but how one uses those "fruits" that determines one's legacy...the meaning of the "stored" wealth parable.
Thanks! That adds a whole new dimension to my thoughts on that.

<hug>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yep..........so you better brace yourself.
Yer not a cathaholic priest are ya?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If nothing else, it lets nonbelievers know that they are not alone.
Thats good...coz I never drink unless I'm alone or with somebody.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. my posts are directed towards certain religious sects, not individuals ..
.. read my gripes again:
SOME Religious Sects:
1. Influence government to conform to the Christian worldview.
2. Spend obscene amounts of money to influence voters.
3. Encourage members to campaign for certain politicians.
4. Promote patriarchy disguised as family values.
5. Insist abortion must be eliminated regardless of circumstances.
6. Build mega-churches and sell DVDs/Books/CD's/Etc. under the non-profit umbrella.
7. Proselytize in poor Third World Countries.
8. Influence foreign governments to pass laws against homosexuality, abortion, witchcraft or anything they consider sinful.
.. when any religious body uses tax-free tithes to buy a foreign government then convince them to sentence gays and witches to death based on the bible, we have a problem, Houston ..
.. when pastors of mega-churches use tax-free tithes for indoor swimming pools in their homes, we have a problem, Houston ..
.. when churches spend over $40,000,000.00 tax-free dollars to pass a voter bill, we have a problem, Houston ..
GOD also shares your problem(s)..... as do we all someway or another :(

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not being defensive but I think most have given up on both Doctors.
Mmmh; in my case at least you are not defending me but telling it as it is. We can try and point out to others that there are depths to Christianity and being a Christian that is deeper than calling people foul names. We cannot demand that they stop writing such carp because, after all, is is freedom of speech but we do have the choice of using the scroll button.

Thank GOD for choices :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
Here is another good example of what hatred breeds.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T64GV6Q...
"Your use of the word patriarchy shows your bigotry. And I'm perfectly fine with gay kids being bullied to death."
A perfect example of the wicked preaching self piety in self deceit...and the reason I despise "it's" presence.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon amie, Sora and I have known eachother for fourteen years and we have been married for eleven. I learned the piano at an early age, my mother is proficient on the harpsichord (A family heirloom) my father plays an instrument called the viola da gamba, a precursor to the Cello. I am hopeful and optimistic about your recovery cher. Sora's sister was a virtuoso on the violin, she was described as a modern day Paganini.
I love the harp :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays/lesbians have always been able to get the benefits Hetrosexuals have, and they KNOW this. They KNOW that they can go under 'domestic partner, just like couples that live together and are NOT married.
Gays/lesbians have ALWAYS had the right to give a gaurdian or power of attourney to ANYONE to give MEDICAL decisions on their behalf.
What they really want is to be able to be ACKNOWLEDGED that they are GAY to the PUBLIC and that it is NOT wrong in God's eyes, and that they have PROVED it to all by making 'Marriage legal for them,since the Bible is used in Marriae ceremonies.
If that wasn't the case, then just simply LIVING together would suffice, jut as it does with hetros...
Every time the word ABOMINABLE is mentioned in the Bible , it shows disgust, vile, corruptable, etc with the LORD. It is a very descriptive word to show 'hatred for.
Where are you getting your information??

Someone who is not married is not protected under law by spousal privilege. Nor do they get citizenship or certain insurance benefits that comes with marriage.

I never spoke about power of attorney, that is to control someone's legal affairs and anybody can set anybody up for that
And no living together does not give someone certain say in medical decisions

Again, please show where you have gotten your information as nothing you made in this post in correct.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nope." was not an answer to your question. It was part of the statement that he was not going to continue correcting your paraphrasing.
IANS didn't lie. You misunderstood. Then you called him a liar for your mistake.
What will you do about it?
riiiight

Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"

IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."

Since that is exactly what he had said in a prior post and then denied it how is that not a lie?

And since he does this over and over again it is a pattern. Just like he claimed I paraphrased him all wrong when I said he wants to limit the church's influence on society and politics. And just like he told Juicy she paraphrases him all wrong when she said he believes all or most Christians have been indoctrinated and then went on to tell brother Lee Christians think how they do because of their church

But I assumed some would come running try to justify it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 468,021 - 468,040 of598,791
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

457 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Tide with Beach 716,983
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min An NFL Fan 114,667
Why America is a ROTTEN nation! 8 min Senecus 32
Just type in the name of the celebrity, and you... 12 min andet1987 12
A florida county manager is fired and cheif res... 13 min justice4rigby 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Aura Mytha 223,271
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 14 min andet1987 3,884
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min gort 171,502
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min hojo 530,290
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr SimmerExtreme 64
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••