“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#486391 Feb 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What I want to change is the cruelty of one's words.....
Some say, "It is better know a man's heart by the hatred that comes from his mouth than to guess what is hidden behind a scheming smile."

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#486392 Feb 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It is not the gifts or "fruits" that one holds, but how one uses those "fruits" that determines one's legacy...the meaning of the "stored" wealth parable.
Thanks! That adds a whole new dimension to my thoughts on that.

<hug>

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#486394 Feb 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yep..........so you better brace yourself.
Yer not a cathaholic priest are ya?

Location hidden

#486396 Feb 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If nothing else, it lets nonbelievers know that they are not alone.
Thats good...coz I never drink unless I'm alone or with somebody.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#486401 Feb 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. my posts are directed towards certain religious sects, not individuals ..
.. read my gripes again:
SOME Religious Sects:
1. Influence government to conform to the Christian worldview.
2. Spend obscene amounts of money to influence voters.
3. Encourage members to campaign for certain politicians.
4. Promote patriarchy disguised as family values.
5. Insist abortion must be eliminated regardless of circumstances.
6. Build mega-churches and sell DVDs/Books/CD's/Etc. under the non-profit umbrella.
7. Proselytize in poor Third World Countries.
8. Influence foreign governments to pass laws against homosexuality, abortion, witchcraft or anything they consider sinful.
.. when any religious body uses tax-free tithes to buy a foreign government then convince them to sentence gays and witches to death based on the bible, we have a problem, Houston ..
.. when pastors of mega-churches use tax-free tithes for indoor swimming pools in their homes, we have a problem, Houston ..
.. when churches spend over $40,000,000.00 tax-free dollars to pass a voter bill, we have a problem, Houston ..
GOD also shares your problem(s)..... as do we all someway or another :(

#486402 Feb 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not being defensive but I think most have given up on both Doctors.
Mmmh; in my case at least you are not defending me but telling it as it is. We can try and point out to others that there are depths to Christianity and being a Christian that is deeper than calling people foul names. We cannot demand that they stop writing such carp because, after all, is is freedom of speech but we do have the choice of using the scroll button.

Thank GOD for choices :)

Location hidden

#486403 Feb 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Here is another good example of what hatred breeds.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T64GV6Q...
"Your use of the word patriarchy shows your bigotry. And I'm perfectly fine with gay kids being bullied to death."
A perfect example of the wicked preaching self piety in self deceit...and the reason I despise "it's" presence.

#486404 Feb 10, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon amie, Sora and I have known eachother for fourteen years and we have been married for eleven. I learned the piano at an early age, my mother is proficient on the harpsichord (A family heirloom) my father plays an instrument called the viola da gamba, a precursor to the Cello. I am hopeful and optimistic about your recovery cher. Sora's sister was a virtuoso on the violin, she was described as a modern day Paganini.
I love the harp :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#486405 Feb 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays/lesbians have always been able to get the benefits Hetrosexuals have, and they KNOW this. They KNOW that they can go under 'domestic partner, just like couples that live together and are NOT married.
Gays/lesbians have ALWAYS had the right to give a gaurdian or power of attourney to ANYONE to give MEDICAL decisions on their behalf.
What they really want is to be able to be ACKNOWLEDGED that they are GAY to the PUBLIC and that it is NOT wrong in God's eyes, and that they have PROVED it to all by making 'Marriage legal for them,since the Bible is used in Marriae ceremonies.
If that wasn't the case, then just simply LIVING together would suffice, jut as it does with hetros...
Every time the word ABOMINABLE is mentioned in the Bible , it shows disgust, vile, corruptable, etc with the LORD. It is a very descriptive word to show 'hatred for.
Where are you getting your information??

Someone who is not married is not protected under law by spousal privilege. Nor do they get citizenship or certain insurance benefits that comes with marriage.

I never spoke about power of attorney, that is to control someone's legal affairs and anybody can set anybody up for that
And no living together does not give someone certain say in medical decisions

Again, please show where you have gotten your information as nothing you made in this post in correct.

Location hidden

#486406 Feb 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nope." was not an answer to your question. It was part of the statement that he was not going to continue correcting your paraphrasing.
IANS didn't lie. You misunderstood. Then you called him a liar for your mistake.
What will you do about it?
riiiight

Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"

IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."

Since that is exactly what he had said in a prior post and then denied it how is that not a lie?

And since he does this over and over again it is a pattern. Just like he claimed I paraphrased him all wrong when I said he wants to limit the church's influence on society and politics. And just like he told Juicy she paraphrases him all wrong when she said he believes all or most Christians have been indoctrinated and then went on to tell brother Lee Christians think how they do because of their church

But I assumed some would come running try to justify it

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#486407 Feb 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody was saying that their religion teaches love - tough love. I call it hate, too. This (above) is what is too often learned.
I think it was Skombolis that wanted to see an official homophobia policy from the church before he would consider whether it was to blame for such predictable outcomes.
The whole culture of homophobia is pernicious. It damages family. It torments individuals. It's unfair and it's unkind.
No.
Sorry, Christians, but no - you can't have that, not if you can be stopped. You just don't get to do that to people because of some old book. It's ridiculous.
We can do so much better than this.That is part of why I denounce that church.**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
.. a person must have actual feelings of love for 'tough love' to be effective. It's easy to refuse a stranger but, as a parent, you know how difficult it is to refuse your own child ..

.. some Christians claim they love the homosexual and are only warning them like any good, authoritarian parent would. What a mind bender! They love the homosexual so that gives them the right to label someone a sinful, immoral abomination? That's "tough love?" Pleassseeee, spare me the pseudo-intellectual rubble ..

.. they're like any common schoolyard bully who ridicules the fat or gay kid. Same behavior, just different words to justify and defend their inappropriate behavior ..

.. tough love my azzzz ..

#486408 Feb 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well, K, I first thought you were a hard azz angry hateful witch that couldn't see past the thought of anyone not being able to see god the way you did....and proceeded ta chew at ya fer it too. Somewhere in the middle of the (Demsey)ring(an it WAS ugly), I guess we both came ta see we'er jist two folks(what I failed ta see in the first place), an we were actually fight'n the same battle o' sorts. I reckon the scars was worth it. LOL! Oh...we'll still have tiffs(that's inevitable), but ther's no more "justice" in the destructive "battle" of "enemy mine", so the cannons are stowed. We'er better than that. IMO.
Hey BT42 ~ I get frustrated when people state positively there is no GOD nor Spiritual side because I know there is. I will keep putting my experiences and reasons for this belief forward, as I have been doing for 8 years because that is my journal and I am sharing it. My life so to speak. That which I am handing in to be marked.

I gather not all have this depth of trying to improve one's % growth ..... but most that I know first hand do give it a go. Perhaps one needs the positive energy to kick it in :)

We should not make idols, BJ42, but we do; we make them out of people and when they crumble from being treated like some sort of amazing being, we are shocked. These people who are cheating others are not poor people on the welfare system desperate to help their families eat, or keep warm, or in fact have clean water to drink. They are already wealthy in the right of man(kind) and then that means they are powerful. They cheat the court systems when there has been rapes and foul play, they cheat the law and the people can do nothing, because money, and power are involved.

***From things I've heard and read over the years I've long suspected that growth hormone and especially steroid abuse has been rife in Australian Rugby League, and that individually some Australian Rules footballers have probably crossed the line as well. What is surprising is that what appears to have been going on at the Essendon Aussie Rules club was being orchestrated by one of the club's approved medical advisers, and that players were asked to sign formal club agreements binding them into taking the "supplement" injections. As yet we have no details as to what those supplements actually contained...

On top of the drugs stuff, the match fixing allegations have spun the media into full 'shock - horror' mode, but again perhaps the news is not that earth shattering since it's not that long ago that a Aussie Rules team was punished for deliberately throwing games in order to finish lower in the table so as to gain better picks in the off-season Player Draft. Meanwhile, aside from a handful of big names, Australia's sports professionals across all the codes are nowhere near as well paid as say top club European footballers are paid, so the potential for bribery and spot betting fixing has always been there (and the experts were all warning the various representative bodies about the likelihood of this a couple of years ago during the cricket spot betting business - but little notice was taken. "Oh those naughty Pakistanis - such a thing couldn't possibly happen here in Australia...").

http://smf.citymancs.com/forum/index.php... ***

At what point do we say enough is enough? Or are these the signs of the times and we just have to run with it? Why don't they at least be honest and say, come and play AFL and take performance enhancing drugs and just do the best you can to win. Winning is all that counts, there is no longer anything to honor and pride and humility, they are feelings of the past?

#486410 Feb 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. a person must have actual feelings of love for 'tough love' to be effective. It's easy to refuse a stranger but, as a parent, you know how difficult it is to refuse your own child ..
.. some Christians claim they love the homosexual and are only warning them like any good, authoritarian parent would. What a mind bender! They love the homosexual so that gives them the right to label someone a sinful, immoral abomination? That's "tough love?" Pleassseeee, spare me the pseudo-intellectual rubble ..
.. they're like any common schoolyard bully who ridicules the fat or gay kid. Same behavior, just different words to justify and defend their inappropriate behavior ..
Why is it so important for gay people to get approval from other people? I could have on my avatar, my name is not Serah and I am not gay and happy about that, and it would be offensive, would it not? I am not gay...... but if you are, then that is your issue, not mine. If you are not straight, and I am not gay, then we have equal rights do we not? If gay people want to get married in the Church, then like anyone else they will have to find a Church or religion that suits their needs. And that will never mean that the majority will see being gay for anything else other than it is, and that is being gay.

Not offensive at all, IMO, and my brother is gay and has been taking AIDs medication for over 20 years now, but has been surviving. No-one really needs to teach me about gay, I have seen it first hand and there has been much sadness and illness involved. But I have seen straight, and ditto to the same :)

Location hidden

#486411 Feb 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Skom, before I answer... let's be honest without all of the PC and trying to win a debate for the sake of winning it. But do you really believe that the Bible does not talk about and condemn homosexuality?
This has nothing to do with being PC or winning a debate for the sake of winning it. These are people's lives being affected Q and rights being denied. This isn't like the use of an improper term. All due respect brother please don't trivialize my opinions by reducing them to nothing more than trying to be politically correct. I find it morally offensive for a society to withhold rights based on something that is legal because a particular religion says it is wrong and find that a dangerous precedent

Now does the Bible condemn homosexuality? Well it is mentioned one time in the NT by Paul under a list of sins of the flesh. It doesn't condemn it any more than..

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

..but I have never said it isn't considered a sin. So are 667 other sins.

Are any sins you commit less offensive in God's eyes in your opinion? And if not, how does someone who probably will admit to sinning every day target one particular sin (one he knows he will never commit because he has no interest to) instead of viewing all sins as equal?

Should anyone who lies be able to get married? What about someone who has already had a divorce? What about someone marrying for money like on a show "Who wants to Marry a Millionaire"?

Where is the sanctity of marriage in this country?

Someone could have said at one point legal marriage has always been between a white man and a white woman and allowing black people to marry is destroying the institution of marriage. Being black isn't illegal. Being gay isn't illegal. But some groups find being black to be an abomination and consider blacks to be animals. Why should the KKK not being to deny marriage based on race but Christianity should be able to deny it based on sin?

If this was a theocracy I might agree. Not in a secular democracy.

My argument isn't whether the bible says it is a sin. My argument is what does that have to do with someone's legal right to get married? What is a "sin" is for Christians. We can't force that on anyone just like we wouldn't want Muslims forcing Sharia law on us.

Homosexuality is not illegal. That should be the end of the conversation imo. Especially when civil rights are involved to the secular legal act of getting married. The church doesn't have to marry two people before God in a spiritual sense but society has no right to deny it imo

Location hidden

#486412 Feb 10, 2013
Edit Q

Sorry I forgot the one I gave depends on which translation. Some have even said in Galatians in refers to male prostitues in the original Greek word. I should have used

Romans 1:26-27
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Homosexuality is not mentioned by Jesus or found anywhere in the gospels int he NT but is mentioned a couple of times by Paul

But I am not saying it isn't considered a sin. I am simply trying to provide context that all sins of the flesh are equal which Galatians shows

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#486413 Feb 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>

Now this last statement of yours I would like.

Assume the position.

Location hidden

#486414 Feb 10, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Knew you'd find it interesting;)
One bigot to another:)
Just another cause celebre ,as I see it. Should a believer measure his ethics/morality by what society (or popularity) promote or by what God does?
Going to get some Chinese food ,bbl:)
Who has called you a bigot?

Again, same as to Q, please brother don't trivialize the situation, in this case by jokingly calling yourself a bigot. Bigots in society are a huge problem. And there are some people within the faith that are bigots. To make it look like people are calling just anybody a bigot demeans the discrimination that goes on and is insulting to those victimized by it

Do you agree with the Wesboro Baptist Church that put a sign up that says "God hates fags"?

If not and if you understand the serious nature of the problem by some within the faith then this is not a joking a matter and people aren't being called bigots for stupid reasons

Location hidden

#486415 Feb 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>If Christiananity is swept over by Sharia then I would think that bible believing Chrisitians will have to work around that as we've always have done in our 2000 year history. We will have to just and maybe hide like the other Christians in the past who had to work around the Roman empire, Calvin and the RCC for example.. or the underground Church overseas in hostile-christian territories like Iran or China.
Q

All due respect i know you understand the point. But if you want me to be less literal I will

Would you be ok with any other religion setting the rules for marriage for you even if you broke no laws and are not part of that religion and now you are denied rights because of it?

yes or no?

And if no, which I assume would be the answer for everybody, why do you support us doing it to others?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#486416 Feb 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it so important for gay people to get approval from other people?
.. all people seek approval from their peers. Isn't that pretty normal ??..
Serah wrote:
<quoted text> I could have on my avatar, my name is not Serah and I am not gay and happy about that, and it would be offensive, would it not?
.. no. How about, "My name is not HL and I do not abuse Christians and I'm happy about that. I am not Christian ..... but if you are, then that is your issue, not mine. If you are Christian, and I am not Christian, then we have equal rights do we not?" ..

.. would you find that offensive ??..
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>If gay people want to get married in the Church, then like anyone else they will have to find a Church or religion that suits their needs.
.. they have ..
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And that will never mean that the majority will see being gay for anything else other than it is, and that is being gay.
.. are people only defined by who they have sex with ??..
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Not offensive at all, IMO, and my brother is gay and has been taking AIDs medication for over 20 years now, but has been surviving. No-one really needs to teach me about gay, I have seen it first hand and there has been much sadness and illness involved. But I have seen straight, and ditto to the same :)
.. ahhh, that's where your warmth comes from. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully science will find a vaccine and cure for AIDS in the near future. I know you love your brother for who he is, not for who he sleeps with ..

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#486417 Feb 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
riiiight
Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
Since that is exactly what he had said in a prior post and then denied it how is that not a lie?
And since he does this over and over again it is a pattern. Just like he claimed I paraphrased him all wrong when I said he wants to limit the church's influence on society and politics. And just like he told Juicy she paraphrases him all wrong when she said he believes all or most Christians have been indoctrinated and then went on to tell brother Lee Christians think how they do because of their church
But I assumed some would come running try to justify it
There once was an accomplished painter. He liked talking about painting to those that were interested. One day he was showing his paintings around, when one person looked at on of his paintings, absorbed it, thought about it, then pulled out his Crayola Crayons and went to town scribbling out his version. He brought his version to the painter and said, "You think this is art? You suck man, this looks like crap!" Of course it looked like crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opciones Binarias Paypal 1 min luisFX25 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min scaritual 739,965
AIDS , EBOLA as a DePopulation BioWeapon 4 min Commander Bunny 11
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min KayMarie 542,969
The Maze Runner 11 min andet1987 9
Word association game (Aug '08) 16 min andet1987 53,339
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Richardfs 227,717
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 48 min bad bob 173,780
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 58 min Joana 155

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••