Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#486297 Feb 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening D, on the contrary it is not my or I believe anyone who stand on the Word of God purpose to run anyone else's life but their own, we merely follow and point out God's Word on the subject of these things and WE have the right to follow that path that God has chosen for us.
Peace.
I agree. I don't expect anyone to follow the path I have chosen or to believe as I do. I merely explain why "I" do.

I like reading what others believe as well and have even changed my opinions based on them... and I am sure the same has happened to others.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#486298 Feb 10, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll discuss anything...
And by the way, saw your compliments on the 'other' thread, thank you and the feeling is mutual:)
<quoted text>
Extreme,misinformed,loco...
But, his conscience most likely condemned him by the level of knowledge on the subject he had.This is where ones eschatological view can get 'funny'. Like to know what church he attends...but then again he could be cruising the web for his degree in 'Googlelosophy' on 'Endtimes'...Topix seems to have an inordinate amount with those around,as a side note;)
<quoted text>
Ask Duane or sometime to confirm the last four digits of my phone number....yes, my number is
I MUST be the Anti-Christ!(I'll bet some will ride this one out into the sunset, <shrugs>, could care less;)
LOL Why Senecus...you are as much of a little heathen as I am!

Do you answer the phone when it rings??? LOL

Thanks for your take on this. I remember sitting through several of my dad's classes hearing about "666"...I still remember it sounding a bit paranoid.

I am curious...I use an online Bible now since my others have become quite tattered. Are Bibles printed with the page number "666"?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#486299 Feb 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
Actually, I rarely go to Church. I don't fit in as such, but when I do go, I make the most of the grand energy that has accumulated from all those who have created that energy, and have an amazing link to GOD. An awesome feeling.
Enjoy.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#486300 Feb 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=N1YXcD0njtsXX
Lol...

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#486301 Feb 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Chris Dorner,the ex-LAPD cop on the run,is probably out of California by now,or he's probably 'covered in snow' somewhere. He probably set his own truck on fire to give himself time to get away. He's,obviously,smart enough to not use any form of electronice communication that could give away his location.
"Doctor Reality - U.S. Marshal"

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#486302 Feb 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles /nba/story/_/id/8932268/dwight -howard-los-angeles-lakers-shr ugs-father-comments Kobe Bryant just doesn't seem to get it sometimes. He just doesn't seem to understand that there are some 'in-house' that's none of their business,and they(the media) are going to use it against him,and his team,like they're the paparazzi. If he's so 'Mr.Right' about most everything,why did his own marriage get to the point that he was ready to break up his family through a divorce??!(YES,I went 'there'!) I mean,as far as talking to the media about things going on among him and his team mates is concerned,the dude needs to buy a whole case of 'chill tablets' and just be quiet sometimes. Just keepin' it REAL.
Off topic....who cares....go start a thread for it;)

There's an idea for ya...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486303 Feb 10, 2013
Thanks Annie.

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck; chances are, it's a duck."

Far too many ducks claim to be eagles.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...after years of posting on this thread I don't even have to anticipate the response...I know what they will be.
I picked your post to give my thoughts on the subject...simply because while we might not agree I can anticipate the manner in which you will respond.
My problem is not with someone believing that homosexuality is wrong...a sin. If one says "Based on my faith I believe to be homosexuality to be a sin and thus wrong." then I would say that they have the right to believe as they choose.
It is that response that follows afterwards that promotes the hatred and division. The line "love the sinner...hate the sin" is a hollow and shallow cover-up. How does one expect another to feel that love when one has called them a...
pervert
deviant
scum of the earth
human garbage
pedophile
degradation to marriage
sex with animals
etc
etc
etc
Do you really expect anyone to see that as anything else but hatred?
An example...
At one time I posted on the Gay/Lesbian forum. There was a professed Christian that was as vile as I had ever seen.
I asked him once...what he would do if his child came home and told him he was gay.
His response...
I would throw him out on the pile with the rest of the trash.
One can say that man was not a "true" Christian...yet I have read similar comments here on this thread among the "true" Christians.
As I said above...that "love the sinner...hate the sin" rings hollow...a cover up for hatred.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#486304 Feb 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. That is easily disproven.
Care to disprove the Tao or Spinoza's God ? <smile>
Nope.

I would only object to their use of the word "god" in that the word "god" carries too much preconceived garbage.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486305 Feb 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text> A certain someone is about as silent on the Chris Kyle incident as they were about the Toyota unintended acceleration incidents a few years ago.
I bet if you weren't such an obnoxious prick, you could find a real life person who would talk to you, instead of spamming this thread with your desperate attempts to have human contact.

Did you know that some men hire prostitutes just to talk to them, no sex at all ?

Just giving you options.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#486306 Feb 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No hot tub for you.
He can join Dave.

Maybe Dave can teach him about balls.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#486307 Feb 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats some good logic, and I see your point. Is participating in this forum going to change the world. I dont see how weakening the faith of a handful of Christians on topix is going to achieve IANS goals. I'm not saying we shouldnt have these debates. Just question if it actually produces any results.
If nothing else, it lets nonbelievers know that they are not alone.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#486308 Feb 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Annie.

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck; chances are, it's a duck."

Far too many ducks claim to be eagles.
I like ducks... Use spider instead?:)
I agree. If one of my sons turned out to be gay I'd be hard pressed to care. I'd love him just the same and if my church had a problem it would be their problem not mine. My husband, who is not a Christian, might be a different story... But, who knows? He did accept my gay friends after awhile... As far as I'm concerned, there are two commandments. I follow them daily. Jesus did not teach us to go around calling people 'abominations' and whatnot.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#486309 Feb 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think there should be no limits displaying one's sexuality or sexual preferences? No boundaries as such. Could modesty on both sides of the fence, and those who sit on the fence liking a bit of both ways, all act with modest behavior or is that bigotry?
I don't want to get into this debate really, because we have been there and done that many times in this forum and there is no winner, nor in reality a grinner, but wonder where bigotry starts and where modesty stops.
Dictionary; Modest describes someone or something that is humble or shy or not extreme....
However, I am seeking to be humble, it is a part of my Spiritual Journey, so perhaps I am bigoted to humility?
I wrote of bigotry, not modesty.

The sort of bigotry that results in the denial of equality under the law and in society.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486310 Feb 10, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Duane or sometime to confirm the last four digits of my phone number....yes, my number is 0666....
Confirmed!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486311 Feb 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a lil' some'um some'um for you and your naked lil' avatar,honey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gG76LJi9otsXX
You type well with one hand. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486312 Feb 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard others say the same thing...they have the same rights.
You have the right to marry the person that you love.
Bingo!

It reminds me of the arguements for segregation.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#486313 Feb 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I would only object to their use of the word "god" in that the word "god" carries too much preconceived garbage.
Exactly why I use the word. <smile>

If I wanted be accurate I would say "Our Creator" but that would be even more confusing. LOL

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#486314 Feb 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Why Senecus...you are as much of a little heathen as I am!
Naw, you know how I feel about that...
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you answer the phone when it rings??? LOL
Yes, of course! But strange, every once an a while I get a call from a deep,gravelly-voiced fellow looking for someone named "Soul"...a noisy background of screams and sounds of a blow torch...

<shrugs> wrong number, musta been a local welding shop that thought he got his supplier....
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your take on this. I remember sitting through several of my dad's classes hearing about "666"...I still remember it sounding a bit paranoid.
I can understand, and many DO get paranoid about it. Eschatological views have consequences.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am curious...I use an online Bible now since my others have become quite tattered. Are Bibles printed with the page number "666"?
Yes they DO;)

Now ,wonder how many will look and rip out that page? I have one that pg.666 is in the beginning of the Book of Isaiah , I'm sure there would be those who would place significance in that(numerology, hello -Harold?).
mike

AOL

#486315 Feb 10, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn’t say that I don’t. You have been questioning prayer for some time now, back in July I responded to you about this. Are you not getting the answer that you are looking for?
Thanks

Does one answer,..answer for all?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#486316 Feb 10, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll discuss anything...
Okay...
And by the way, saw your compliments on the 'other' thread, thank you and the feeling is mutual:)
Thank you.
<quoted text>
Extreme,misinformed,loco...
But, his conscience most likely condemned him by the level of knowledge on the subject he had.This is where ones eschatological view can get 'funny'. Like to know what church he attends...but then again he could be cruising the web for his degree in 'Googlelosophy' on 'Endtimes'...Topix seems to have an inordinate amount with those around,as a side note;)
I have never spent any time with this though have always found it curious. I know...sign of the beast...just not sure why someone would react as this man did. Despite what some may think I wanted to see just how deep this ran. Was it still the dreaded number that I remember hearing of as a child or have people separated the number from the symbol that they believe that it represents.
<quoted text>
Ask Duane or sometime to confirm the last four digits of my phone number....yes, my number is
I MUST be the Anti-Christ!(I'll bet some will ride this one out into the sunset, <shrugs>, could care less;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min okimar 2,437
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min PadMark 678,910
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 33 min Tony 6,260
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 40 min ROCCO 118,945
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 41 min New Age Spiritual... 33,215
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 52 min GlobalNewsYTube 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min trifecta1 982,134
More from around the web