Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#486218 Feb 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Then what objection could you possibly have to somebody believing anything else by faith? If a person were to say that he rejects Christianity on faith, his argument would be as good as yours.
Qu_innocence wrote:
That's what I've been saying all along... people still have faith no matter what. If Christianity is considered a philosophy by some, then so is Atheism and Agnosticism... they are also belief systems. It is just that they choose to put their faith in something else. Atheists aren't able to prove that God does not exist. Without absolute proofs, it takes a measure of faith to believe that God (The Creator) does not exist. But we don't think along those lines because it's secular mainstream. If worth+ship (worship) has valute then is it possible that evolutionists worship the creation rather than the Creator since they believe that the universe is "self-creating".
I don't think that you are saying what I am. I didn't say that I have faith. I asked you on what basis you could contradict somebody who had faith in the opposite position.

And rational skeptics don't worship. Don't you cheapen the quality of your own worship by conflating it with what an unbeliever does? I don't worship the universe or any element of it.

Fennario

#486219 Feb 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you attend The Little Church On The Prairie, that's great! Along with fellowship, sometimes these small churches are a great benefit to the community they serve. That's their very purpose ..

.. my gripes are directed towards large, influential sects who:
1. Influence government to conform to the Christian worldview.
2. Spend obscene amounts of money to influence voters.
3. Encourage members to campaign for certain politicians.
4. Promote patriarchy disguised as family values.
5. Insist abortion must be eliminated regardless of circumstances.
6. Build mega-churches and sell DVDs/Books/CD's/Etc. under the non-profit umbrella.
7. Proselytize in poor Third World Countries.
8. Influence foreign governments to pass laws against homosexuality, abortion, witchcraft or anything they consider sinful.
.. your thoughts ??..
Nice.

That's the difference between private religion and public religion. The first is not the issue, and is really nobody's business but the believers' own. The latter is everybody's business.

Fennario

#486220 Feb 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Is this what you have been referring to as lying or changing position for all these months? Why did it take you three months to produce it?

You misunderstood me, or I you. I have never considered your god a possibility since long before I began posting on Topix, which is easily demonstrable. Here is a search of the number of times that I have posted that, "your bible is self-refuting" - 909 hits, many long before November 2012 http://snipurl.com/26cnl08

Here's one from Jan 2011:
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/canada/T4JIH...

This is why I call you an idiot,or moron, or whatever I call you. You have been milking some misunderstanding for three months now, calling me a liar all along, and have just now produced what it is that you were referring to. Had you produced your evidence immediately, we could have settled this long ago.

How could you possibly have any doubt about my position on your god? How many times do I have to tell you that your god is ruled out by its bible? I have never believed or meant otherwise ever in my time on Topix.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#486221 Feb 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what most don't understand.
It seems that many on both sides of the issue have a "black and white" world view.
What is private religion? The matter between GOD and an individual?

If one doesn't want to hear about religion, why would one be on a forum debating that subject? Is that public atheism?

Then in that case, I have nothing against private atheism......

#486222 Feb 9, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I saw the gays were having some type of "kiss me" day in front of one of the Chick Fillets to protest. Was that you in the leopard leotard and tube socks? lol...
There is so much affected behavior by certain individuals in certain groups.... I could almost hear the words of G's posting, and I knew exactly the affected behavior he would have adopted as he was rubbing it in. I see it all the time these days :)

#486223 Feb 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of bigots who "politely" disagreed that black people should be able to sit in the front of a bus, or eat at restaurants with whites, or stay at hotels for whites, or go to schools with whites.
I tell YOU what: bigotry is bigotry, even genteel bigotry or biblically-based bigotry.
We need more national uproars.
Do you think there should be no limits displaying one's sexuality or sexual preferences? No boundaries as such. Could modesty on both sides of the fence, and those who sit on the fence liking a bit of both ways, all act with modest behavior or is that bigotry?

I don't want to get into this debate really, because we have been there and done that many times in this forum and there is no winner, nor in reality a grinner, but wonder where bigotry starts and where modesty stops.

Dictionary; Modest describes someone or something that is humble or shy or not extreme....

However, I am seeking to be humble, it is a part of my Spiritual Journey, so perhaps I am bigoted to humility?

Fennario

#486224 Feb 9, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
I remember recently how one of the leaders with Chick Fillet politely disagreed with Gay marriage sentiments and the like. He wasn't rude about it but still it caused a national uproar. I tell you what... my wife and I were some of the Christians who joined with millions of other pro-traditional marriage advocates which came out to show support for Chick Fillet.
Rudeness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. If many people were offended, the comment was by definition offensive.

This is a recurring theme - Christians saying that their doctrine is loving, and much of the world disagreeing. That is also for others to decide. I find nothing loving about Christian atheophobia or homophobia, for example. Besides making the lives of millions of people a little more difficult and a little more dangerous, it's rude.

The church has always benefited from scapegoating like this because it has held majority status. Christians still outnumber unbelievers, and so polarizing wedge issues like these are still profitable, even if all the unbelievers boycott the offender. The Christian majority does what you did.

This is why the numbers game is important. I expect that in twenty years, when the numbers have flipped and unbelievers have majority status, that stunts like these will end up costing money, and they will come to an end.

#486225 Feb 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm a bigot, sobeit... The catch phrase doesn't phase me, it's one of those silly psychological guilt traps that people try to put on others who don't agree with the perversion of sin. But if I'm a bigot then the bible is bigoted concerning the sin of homosexuality.
Look, I'm a black, I'm spanish... at least that is what the demographics say what I'm suppose to be... a black latino, spanish negro, black hispanic. And I can tell you that the gay movement piggybacking on civil rights is a personal offense to me and to many other blacks. Now to other black leaders, they see it differently... they are not my leaders.
Sexual sin, whether it is hetero or homo is sexual sin.
I understand...

My DNA and ancestry is different; being a red head with very fair skin, blue eyes and freckles tells its' own story, but the story within has far greater meaning.

Soon, I will be undergoing the DNA Ancestry test, and will be waiting with excitement to find out more about my true inheritance, and have the utmost FAITH that they will not be linking me to a monkey, or an ape of some kind :)

Fennario

#486226 Feb 10, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
Full comment found here, no disrespect intended:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
<quoted text>
I don’t think that they have. The discussion the two of you are having, seems to be suffering from a bit of a miscommunication in my opinion. Just because one may concede that the God we Christians believe in might possibly be, does not mean that they concede our own personal view of what God is.
Thanks for that.

You are correct. My position has never wavered on this matter about Skombolis' god.

He has been accusing me of the opposite for months based on that post, which he has never linked to before now. I have told him countless times that he needs to do that when he makes a claim so that I can explain or defend my comments.

He has chosen instead to simply call me a liar based on what he thinks I meant, despite my continual criticism and repeat demonstrations of his deficient reading comprehension and tendency to deform ideas in their retelling.

#486227 Feb 10, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
This was the part of your post my Sister. A very interesting point as food for thought.
My own thoughts have always been why 'blood' is considered 'holy' in many religions, and power-filled by even Indigenous folk.
Leaving this 'seal' more than 'written in the DNA'???
Meaning... Spirit alone ???
For any who have witnessed anything 'in Spirit' know that is why it too is called 'Holy'.
Have you experienced 'being sealed'?
I am not 100% certain of how one would acknowledge experiences... but I do know for fact that I have been drawn into things that I would not normally be drawn into, and when the situation becomes the moment, and enormous awesome feeling floods my whole self. I feel little and insignificant, but also huge at the same time.

GOD lets us know often we are on the right track, and it is the Spiritual us that is targeted, and I guess why those with hardly any bodily functions can still be emotional giants :)

That which is within us is that is what is passed on to us, and it is up to each of us to fight the battles that succumb unto us, so that we take forward the best that we can. Obviously, these are my opinions based on my experiences and results of the pathways that I have chosen to take. At the end of my journey, and at the beginning of my journey, I want to be able to look deeply into the eyes of my FATHER and thank HIM for always being here.

It is also my belief through these same Spiritual journeys that there are millions of Peace seeking people who feel much the same :)

#486228 Feb 10, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Hey,
Learning about God is one thing. Knowing God is another.
I hope everyone is having a good day.
HFN
Experiencing God Day By Day:
Encounters with God
'But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.(Acts 26:16)
God was working in your life long before you began working with Him. The Lord knew you before time began, and He knew what He wanted to do with your life (Jer. 1:5; Ps. 139:13). Before the apostle Paul’s conversion experience on the road to Damascus, Jesus already knew Paul and had a specific assignment for him. But Jesus only revealed this assignment after Paul’s conversion (Acts 9:15). So misguided was Paul that in his sincere efforts to serve God, he had actually been waging war against Christians! Although God knew what He wanted for Paul, He waited to reveal it to him until He gained his attention and became his Lord.
Our Lord does not come to us to discover what we would like to accomplish for Him. He encounters us in order to reveal His activity and invite us to become involved in His work. An encounter with God requires us to adjust ourselves to the activity of God that has been revealed. God never communicates with us merely to give us a warm devotional thought for that day. He never speaks to us simply to increase our biblical knowledge. Our Lord has far more significant things to reveal to us than that! When God shows us what He is doing, He invites us to join Him in the work He is doing.
Are you prepared to meet God today? Don’t seek to hear from God unless you are ready to ask, as Paul did,“What shall I do Lord?”
See you all later.
Ahhh.... how grand it is to see my twin?? And what grand words you have shared with us!! "What shall I do Lord?" Will take those words with me and into my new working week, a 'grand' way to start it off :)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486229 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Definition of fundamentalism
noun
a form of a religion, especially Islam or Protestant Christianity, that upholds belief in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture.
strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline:
free-market fundamentalism
<end quoted text>
Oxford Dictionary

This is an interesting article, the future perhaps? I wonder what they would do with people who dare to be publicly religious? The mind boggles...

http://www.academia.edu/867367/Faith_In_Contr...

I've thought about this question all day,'Can an Atheist be a fundamentalist?' As a former Atheist with an Atheist brother (who wants to take over the world) and a newish Christian who is a 'fundie lite', I will say yes. There is such a thing as a 'fundamentalist Atheist'. My brother and his erm, political cohorts are far more rigid and 'in your face' in their beliefs of Science, no gods, all religion must be wiped off the face of the Earth etc...than I am. So are many other Atheists.

"This could get ugly folks."
Someone.

Psalm 91 <3

Fennario

#486230 Feb 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Skom, before I answer... let's be honest without all of the PC and trying to win a debate for the sake of winning it. But do you really believe that the Bible does not talk about and condemn homosexuality?
Why are you discussing homosexuality so much?

Where in the Bible does your god prioritize homosexuality as a sin over adultery? There's a commandment about one but not the other, and adultery is a far greater threat to the institution of marriage than gay people entering into committed relationships.

This is why many of us who feel that Christians who get into gay bashing but are virtually silent on adultery are being bigoted rather than representing any biblical ethic.

#486231 Feb 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do the same except I go to school. <smile>
<smile> old libraries, museums and art galleries also have that age old energy :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486232 Feb 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think there should be no limits displaying one's sexuality or sexual preferences? No boundaries as such. Could modesty on both sides of the fence, and those who sit on the fence liking a bit of both ways, all act with modest behavior or is that bigotry?
I don't want to get into this debate really, because we have been there and done that many times in this forum and there is no winner, nor in reality a grinner, but wonder where bigotry starts and where modesty stops.
Dictionary; Modest describes someone or something that is humble or shy or not extreme....
However, I am seeking to be humble, it is a part of my Spiritual Journey, so perhaps I am bigoted to humility?
Hi Serah :) I am enjoying your posts today, very well put, all of them. Than you for sharing your views, you have done me a huge favour as now I no longer feel the aching need to respond to such extremist views posted here today. It means a lot as extremity of any kind freaks me out a little. I've lived through so much of it. I for one, no matter how much I sometimes want to, no matter how much I have lost because of it, will never hide my love for God, ever.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#486233 Feb 10, 2013
*Thank

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#486234 Feb 10, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you a question.
And I answered.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#486235 Feb 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. LAW will not answer, he'd rather insult you ..
.. it's been a fun day. The bigots came out of the woodwork ..
.. did you happen to catch this one:
<quoted text>
.. that's keeping it real !!.
And THAT is for real.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#486236 Feb 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
and I thank you, as my 'ole Pops, use to say,
'Your a scholar and a gentleman.
>>>>>smile and a nod of the head<<<<

Fennario

#486237 Feb 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Every time the word ABOMINABLE is mentioned in the Bible , it shows disgust, vile, corruptable, etc with the LORD. It is a very descriptive word to show 'hatred for.
Well said.

The following is a list at http://richardwaynegarganta.com/abomination.h... of things the Bible considers an abomination:

Unclean things (Lev. 7:21)
Customs of pagans (Lev. 18:30)
Idols (2 Chr. 15:8; 1 Pet. 4:3)
Sins of men (Ps. 14:1; 53:1)
Cheating (Mic. 6:10)
Lost souls (Rev. 21:8)
A froward man (perverse; one who turns aside (Pro. 3:32; 11:20)
A proud look (Pro. 6:16-17)
A lying tongue (Pro. 6:17; 12:22)
Hands that shed innocent blood ((Pro. 6:17)
A wicked scheming heart (Pro. 6:18)
Feet that are quick to sin (Pro. 6:18)
A false witness that speaks lies (Pro. 6:19)
A sower of discord (Pro. 6:19)
Wickedness (Pro. 8:7)
A false balance or scale (Pro. 11:1)
Sacrifices of the wicked (Pro. 15:8; 21:27)
The way of the wicked (Pro. 15:9)
The thoughts of the wicked (Pro. 15:26)
The proud of heart (Pro. 16:5)
Justifying the wicked (Pro. 17:15)
Condemning the just (Pro. 17:15)
Divers, dishonest weights (Pro. 20:10, 23)
Divers, dishonest measures (Pro. 20:10)
Refusing to hear the law (Pro. 28:9)
Prayers of the rebel (Pro. 28:9)
Eating flesh of peace offerings on the 3rd day (Lev. 7:18)
Some same sex acts (Lev. 18:22; 20:13; Dt. 23:18)
Taking ornaments from idols when being destroyed (Dt. 7:25-26)
Any Idolatrous practices (Dt. 12:31; 13:14; 17:4; 18:9; 20:18; 29:17)
Offering an imperfect animal to God as a sacrifice (Dt. 17:1)
Any traffic with demons (Dt. 18:7-12)
Wearing clothes of the opposite sex (Dt. 22:5)
Bringing the hire of a harlot or sodomite into God's house (Dt. 23:18)
Re-marriage of former companions (Dt. 24:1-4)
Cheating others (Dt. 25:13-16)
Making images/idols (Dt. 27:15)
Idols of Ammon (1 Ki. 11:5)
Idols of Moab (1 Ki. 11:7; 2 Ki. 11:13)
Idols of Zidon (2 Ki. 23:13)
Incense offered by hypocrites (Isa. 1:13)
Eating unclean things (Isa. 66:17)
Offering human sacrifices (Jer. 32:35)
Robbery (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Murder (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Adultery (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Oppression of others, particularly the poor or vulnerable (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Violence (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Breaking vows (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Lending with interest to a brother (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Lying with a menstruous woman (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Hardness of heart (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Injustice (Ezek. 18: 6-13)
Worship of anti-Christ (Dan. 11:31; 12:11; Mt. 24:15; 2 Th. 2:4; Rev. 13)
Incest (Lev. 19: 6-30)
Things highly esteemed by man (Lk. 16:15)
Many other sins of the nations (Lev. 18: 26-29; Dt. 18: 9-12; 20:18; 29:17; 1 Ki. 14:24; 21:2, 11; 23:24; 2 Chr. 28:3; 33:2; 34:33; 36:14; Ezek. 7: 3-20; 8: 6-17; 16: 2-58; 20: 4-30; Rev. 17: 4-5)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min guest 646,987
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min RiversideRedneck 49,500
Why Australians should fear Muslims? (Feb '15) 38 min Truthiness 29
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 42 min Truthiness 25
dihydrocodeine Can you buy online. ?? (Jan '14) 1 hr Ghost 26
guys what color panties are you wearing today??... 1 hr str8npanty 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 971,806
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr karl44 105,685
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 10 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web