Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#485908 Feb 9, 2013
Full comment found here, no disrespect intended:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Skombolis wrote:
Why does IANS positions keep changing?
I don’t think that they have. The discussion the two of you are having, seems to be suffering from a bit of a miscommunication in my opinion. Just because one may concede that the God we Christians believe in might possibly be, does not mean that they concede our own personal view of what God is.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485909 Feb 9, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
I remember recently how one of the leaders with Chick Fillet politely disagreed with Gay marriage sentiments and the like. He wasn't rude about it but still it caused a national uproar.
I tell you what... my wife and I were some of the Christians who joined with millions of other pro-traditional marriage advocates which came out to show support for Chick Fillet.
I went to a Chik-Fillet and pretended I was gay and 'flirted' with the men working there as I ordered a sandwich. LOL

"Oh m'god!, you are sooooo cuuuute !" <in sterotypical 'flaming' voice"
Knowledge

United States

#485910 Feb 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think I think this is a horrible world? LOL.... far from it ~ if it is me you are referring to.
Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.....
I was told many years ago that I care too much; but I would not want to toughen up the care factor so that I become immune to things that would normally horrify me, I want to see the things for what they are.
There are many things in this world, that is horrifying. I working in the prison system, listened to so many horror stories, by ones own guilt. I went in thinking I could help change the world and maybe become a counselor. After being in the system for so many years, retired now. I realized that the counselors where there only to perform things for the inmate, such as education, their home and family information. They really didn't spend a half and hour a week with them. The officers spent 8 hour days. I could do nothing for them, unless they needed to see health care and sign them in and out. But, sometimes in life, all you need to do is listen to someone. WHen one is in an institution, some people just want to make things right, so they talk about it, You have to realize that some people will do anything for money, love, and greed. Just listening to someone gives more than anything you could ever do, in all walks of life. Sometimes you never have to say a word just let them talk. I use to live in a bubble of love, and innocence, but choosing that career I hoped that I somehow made an impact on some souls that felt they never had hope ever again. I was not allowed to talk about God, unless they asked me what my belief was. I still pray for some of those men, but, I will tell you that I have seen pure evil, some with a cold cold heart....some so scarey the other inmates would be afraid.....This world is very cruel, but it is also the most beautiful place . We sometimes allow are eyes to see only what we want them to see.....as long as we can hold on to the beauty of this world, as God's own creation...and hold on to the love of life of others, and never forget why we are here, our lives will not be in vain. I believe our lives have separate paths, we all have to travel, and everyone that is put in our paths are for a reason... It is our choice, on we we handle it... May God bless you always.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485911 Feb 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>...No. I have no issue with private religion.
That is what most don't understand.

It seems that many on both sides of the issue have a "black and white" world view.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#485912 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I still don't see what your rebuttal could be to those that choose to believe any other thing possible.
That is why I stated a week or two ago that the Creationist/Evolutionist debates are fruitless because they cancel each other out because they are both based on faith... Now actually, I have to recant some of that on "fruitless" part because I did look up some evolutionary terms that I didn't know about before that I saw agreed with my own worldview even though it wasn't put out for that purpose. Kind of like the stone which the builders rejected the same had become the capstone.
<quoted text>
Yes, I would call skepticism for the parts of science that contradict an irrational belief irrational skepticism, and even that is with misgivings, since skepticism implies doubt, not rejection out of hand.
Again, imho it depends on worldview. For a Creationist Scientist will see the same thing but come to a different conclusion that one who believes the universe to be self-creating.

#485913 Feb 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to a Chik-Fillet and pretended I was gay and 'flirted' with the men working there as I ordered a sandwich. LOL
"Oh m'god!, you are sooooo cuuuute !" <in sterotypical 'flaming' voice"
Yeah, I saw the gays were having some type of "kiss me" day in front of one of the Chick Fillets to protest. Was that you in the leopard leotard and tube socks? lol...
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485914 Feb 9, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ Ian... by God I mean = Jehovah (ehyeh asher ehyeh)/Jesus
again wrong
G-D in hebrew is Ha Sheme- title like president,or King
Yehova is His personal name separate others from Him AS(EYEH ASHER EHYEH)

sir learn at first basics truth to preach spiritual truth instead forcing others to accept your Lies,

same is with your hell(gantee) if you believ it it is ok with you,
BUT NOT OK TO SPREAD YOUR DECEIVED BELIEFS AROUND AND SAME TIME ACCUSING OTHERS NOT RIGHT INTERPREATATION OF BIBLE?

WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOUR BIBLE IS TRUE BIBLIBE AT ALL,DID YOU CAME FROM HEAVEN TO TELL THAT GOD LOVE CREATED ETERNAL HELL TO BAKE HIS OWN DISOBEY CHILDREN IN THE FULL POT OF ROOF TAR,OR GRILL?

just keep your beliefs to yourselves,and don't fool people around with your faken doctrines and sermons full of Lies

long ago I gave you time,to post my posts with vile langauge and hates- unless you are again Liar,
after first Lie,always follow links chain full of LIES

#485915 Feb 9, 2013
Edit: "For a Creationist Scientist will see the same thing but come to a different conclusion THAN one who believes the universe to be self-creating."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#485916 Feb 9, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
Full comment found here, no disrespect intended:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
<quoted text>
I don’t think that they have. The discussion the two of you are having, seems to be suffering from a bit of a miscommunication in my opinion. Just because one may concede that the God we Christians believe in might possibly be, does not mean that they concede our own personal view of what God is.
Hey Nostress

Respectfully we weren't talking about characteristics. He stated for certain Jesus can't exist. Yet by his own posts and beliefs he can't rule that out. Although even without those he can't rule that out

Now could one say the entity known as Jesus exists but isn't the way people describe him? Yes. But he would still exist

And there have been many things with not even a shred of gray area.

I say he wants to limit the church's influence on politics and society (which he said many times and ironically providing posts of him saying that) and he responded I have paraphrased him all wrong and he wants to limit the church to volunteers which he now says it already is. Why he would originally lie and claim I paraphrased him wrong when I accurately stated he wants to reduce the church's influence on society and politics you will have to ask him. I am guessing it is for the same reason he denied he said it is possible creator gods exist and said I was paraphrasing him incorrectly again when I was not. Or why he told Juicy she had him wrong when she said he believes all or most Christians are indoctrinated and then went on to say basically just that to Brother Lee

I could give many more examples as this has happened in room after room. Then when he denies something you know he said he demands you find the post even if from months ago or a different room. When you ask him is really trying to deny he said something he will respond he won't confirm or deny what he said. It is basically saying he is going to stick with his lie unless someone can prove otherwise

I don't know how much exposure you have had to him but imo these couldn't be more intentional and calculated acts of dishonesty

(T) Peace
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485917 Feb 9, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many things in this world, that is horrifying. I working in the prison system, listened to so many horror stories, by ones own guilt. I went in thinking I could help change the world and maybe become a counselor. After being in the system for so many years, retired now. I realized that the counselors where there only to perform things for the inmate, such as education, their home and family information. They really didn't spend a half and hour a week with them. The officers spent 8 hour days. I could do nothing for them, unless they needed to see health care and sign them in and out. But, sometimes in life, all you need to do is listen to someone. WHen one is in an institution, some people just want to make things right, so they talk about it, You have to realize that some people will do anything for money, love, and greed. Just listening to someone gives more than anything you could ever do, in all walks of life. Sometimes you never have to say a word just let them talk. I use to live in a bubble of love, and innocence, but choosing that career I hoped that I somehow made an impact on some souls that felt they never had hope ever again. I was not allowed to talk about God, unless they asked me what my belief was. I still pray for some of those men, but, I will tell you that I have seen pure evil, some with a cold cold heart....some so scarey the other inmates would be afraid.....This world is very cruel, but it is also the most beautiful place . We sometimes allow are eyes to see only what we want them to see.....as long as we can hold on to the beauty of this world, as God's own creation...and hold on to the love of life of others, and never forget why we are here, our lives will not be in vain. I believe our lives have separate paths, we all have to travel, and everyone that is put in our paths are for a reason... It is our choice, on we we handle it... May God bless you always.
FART
God knows who He bless without of your nose sticking in His Personal desires and pleasures?

punks like you create this world very cruel,greedy,evil and self loving damaging other human beings in past and now

#485918 Feb 9, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
again wrong
G-D in hebrew is Ha Sheme- title like president,or King
Yehova is His personal name separate others from Him AS(EYEH ASHER EHYEH)
Again, I don't conform to the teaching and beliefs of the Jehovah Witnesses.

Just like the Protestants who broke away from the Catholic Church and carried some of the doctrines with them many centuries ago... the same way it is when you broke away from the JWs but still adhere to that doctrine. Charles Taze Russell being a false prophet of course..
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485919 Feb 9, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Shrink, my scriptural views are different from Jehovah's Witnesses' views and interpretations. Have a good one.
also keep your views to yoursleves, because Scripture are against your views,and against your threating others with your imaginary view and hell?

it is good to keep personal views of Scriptures to yourselves,if you are not so sure

hell also exist for you too? because Liars doesn't inherit Kingdom of God
Gal 5;17-21

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#485920 Feb 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Skipped ahead.
If I didn't reply to anyone that asked me sometihing, I apologize.
I did the same thing this morning...I didn't want to spend an hour going back and trying to catch up. I went back a couple of pages and moved forward from there.
Knowledge

United States

#485921 Feb 9, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami/amie. Are you male or female? I always ask this way I could address you properly.*Smiles* I still have my book of her poems. I have kept it in very good shape. It was given to me by my parents at a very early age. I often read it every day at least several poems. I shall post some of her poetry soon, like Emily Dickinson I prefer coorespondence to face to face meetings. Sora and I met after a period of time, we have at present over three hundred twenty five letters between the two of us. We met at the University on a retreat. We were roommates, and we wrote letters via email until our first meeting, I was very nervous and afraid, I am not one for face to face unless it is realted to my work. I love what I do for a living, restoring paintings is something I need in my life along with my music, I tuned my piano today it was slightly off-key, Sora did the same with his guitar yesturday. We have eachother we are alike he and I in many ways, our differences make our relationship stronger and more diverse.
I am female, retired and I am married to a wonderful man. I have to grown sons, with three grandchildren, and three step grandchildren. I love them all very much. I too play the piano, I play by ear. My mother also does, she plays the violin and piano, by note and by ear. I too was learning the violin, but slipped on the ice after Christmas and ended up on crutches. I have graduated to a cane, and hopefully soon, I won't need it. I am just now starting to play my piano again, the violin requires you to stand for longer periods of time... my body can not do that without my cane, so maybe this spring I will be able to pick it up again to learn. I am hopeful.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#485922 Feb 9, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
I remember recently how one of the leaders with Chick Fillet politely disagreed with Gay marriage sentiments and the like. He wasn't rude about it but still it caused a national uproar.
I tell you what... my wife and I were some of the Christians who joined with millions of other pro-traditional marriage advocates which came out to show support for Chick Fillet.
You remind me of bigots who "politely" disagreed that black people should be able to sit in the front of a bus, or eat at restaurants with whites, or stay at hotels for whites, or go to schools with whites.

I tell YOU what: bigotry is bigotry, even genteel bigotry or biblically-based bigotry.

We need more national uproars.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485923 Feb 9, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I don't conform to the teaching and beliefs of the Jehovah Witnesses.
Just like the Protestants who broke away from the Catholic Church and carried some of the doctrines with them many centuries ago... the same way it is when you broke away from the JWs but still adhere to that doctrine. Charles Taze Russell being a false prophet of course..
I don't give s....what you conform or not,
and there is not your f.....business where from I broke or not?
JUST STOP PUBLICALY LIE AND FORCE YOUR FALSE DEVIL DOCTRINES, THAT IS THE BEST IF YOUR VIEWS OF BIBLIE KEEP TO YOURSELVES,INSTEAD THREAQTING OTHERS WITH HELL,AND PLAYING ON THEIR HUMAN SPIRITUAL SENSIVITY,

READ WORKS OF CH.T,RUSSEL WHO NEVER WAS JW and Jw history to stop again Lies about this guy CH.T.RUSSLE,HE NEVER CLAIM TO BE PROPHET,HE NEVER WAS JW,HE DIED 1916
and name JW is from 1934 established by Rutheford,
ALSO PLEASE ?STOP LIES

you never entered heaven to be sure that GOD WHO IS LOVE MADE ETERNAL FIRE HELL FOR HIS DISOBEY CREATURES

YOU BLASPHEMY HIS NAME AND HIS ETERNAL NOT CHANGABLE LOVE, YOU EVEN DOESN'T KNOW HIS PROPER ONE PERSONAL NAME

#485924 Feb 9, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
also keep your views to yoursleves, because Scripture are against your views,and against your threating others with your imaginary view and hell?
it is good to keep personal views of Scriptures to yourselves,if you are not so sure
hell also exist for you too? because Liars doesn't inherit Kingdom of God
Gal 5;17-21
Isn't this what you believe about hell?

http://www.teachingtheword.org/apps/articles/...

Snippet from link: "Jehovah's Witnesses make sweeping, dismissive statements denying the doctrine of eternal punishment in Hell, which they cannot support from Scripture:"
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485925 Feb 9, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I am female, retired and I am married to a wonderful man. I have to grown sons, with three grandchildren, and three step grandchildren. I love them all very much. I too play the piano, I play by ear. My mother also does, she plays the violin and piano, by note and by ear. I too was learning the violin, but slipped on the ice after Christmas and ended up on crutches. I have graduated to a cane, and hopefully soon, I won't need it. I am just now starting to play my piano again, the violin requires you to stand for longer periods of time... my body can not do that without my cane, so maybe this spring I will be able to pick it up again to learn. I am hopeful.
fart
nobody is interested your testimony and your life resume?

get out from this place of saints

you are gossiper, bodybusy and spiritual criminal volunatrly using criminal langue pop poo poo

#485926 Feb 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of bigots who "politely" disagreed that black people should be able to sit in the front of a bus, or eat at restaurants with whites, or stay at hotels for whites, or go to schools with whites.
I tell YOU what: bigotry is bigotry, even genteel bigotry or biblically-based bigotry.
We need more national uproars.
If I'm a bigot, sobeit... The catch phrase doesn't phase me, it's one of those silly psychological guilt traps that people try to put on others who don't agree with the perversion of sin. But if I'm a bigot then the bible is bigoted concerning the sin of homosexuality.

Look, I'm a black, I'm spanish... at least that is what the demographics say what I'm suppose to be... a black latino, spanish negro, black hispanic. And I can tell you that the gay movement piggybacking on civil rights is a personal offense to me and to many other blacks. Now to other black leaders, they see it differently... they are not my leaders.

Sexual sin, whether it is hetero or homo is sexual sin.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485927 Feb 9, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't this what you believe about hell?
http://www.teachingtheword.org/apps/articles/...
Snippet from link: "Jehovah's Witnesses make sweeping, dismissive statements denying the doctrine of eternal punishment in Hell, which they cannot support from Scripture:"
I read Bible,not your faken zionistic webs posted here

my believs goes from Bible,yours are based on phony bolong faken webs, anyway read this web very beneficial for you and compare Scripture with Scripture,not bs web pages

Scripture deny an living fire hell- Jesus Spoke in parables Pslam 78;2.Mat 13;34-35

I prove you that your web is full of lies and you too,read my next post that Scripture support my views not yours,and your devil spirit doctrines

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 973,796
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min lisw 183,175
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 14 min Johnny 807
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Insults Are Easier 63,991
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 29 min AussieBobby 26
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 35 min WasteWater 106,507
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min Phooey 653,990
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,866
More from around the web