4 Bible Scripture on headband

#485888 Feb 9, 2013
@ Ian... by God I mean = Jehovah (ehyeh asher ehyeh)/Jesus

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#485889 Feb 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a legal matter. It's a matter of common decency.
You defend a nasty institution. You carry water for it. You vaunt its banner. You are held morally liable for what you promote. And it is held accountable for the consequences of its hate speech.
<quoted text>
Sigh

Once again, you are trying to blame an organization representing millions upon millions of people because of what some members say. And I don't defend anyone who supports bigotry. I do defend the official policies which are to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ and that promote the teachings we are to love brother, enemy, and neighbor.

What is so difficult for you to understand that the church is made up of members and those members are individuals and you have to judge individuals based on their individual actions. The church itself has no bigoted policies. It takes a position on one form of behavior you disagree with and teaches all sin is equal and all people are deserving of love. Because some people don't adhere to that teaching is not the fault of anybody other than the people who don't adhere to it
But there are ways to prevent them form influencing a nation when they do. Shrink their numbers.
You're speaking your mind now. And you're defending the church. You're an enabling your church as we speak. We'd like to see fewer of you doing that.
Free speech: Sure you're free to speak. And at long last, after centuries, so are we. What a bitch, huhu?
It's heartwarming to see you asking us to be more kind to your church. Or like insidesecrets here at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... , who is also calling for unbelievers to "live and let live."
I don't begrudge your right to free speech. I will gladly take the tradeoff that you can promote hate and bigotry for everybody to have free speech

Location hidden

#485890 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
It already is all volunteers. Mission accomplished!
<quoted text>
You're a hoot. That's what you are - a hoot.
<quoted text>
I'm going to use a pyramid to channel cosmic brainwaves, Dim.
So if you consider every official position someone holds in the church as volunteer then why would you claim your goal is to reduce its influence to all volunteers

Get your lies straight

This strange hole you dug for yourself when first claiming I paraphrased you wrong when i said you wanted to reduce the church's influence on society and politics and instead gave some bizarre answer about volunteers is just getting deeper. You really should try t crawl back out to something that resembles the truth

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#485891 Feb 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Is honesty something you simply arent capable of?
How would you know, Dim? I've never spoken a word to you, and you are functionally illiterate for the written word.
Skombolis wrote:
First you claimed Juicy got you all wrong and you never said anything to indicate you think all or most Christians have been indoctrinated and then go on to say basically just that.
Sorry, Dim, but your vacant claims are worthless.
Skombolis wrote:
Then you blamed Lee's church for how he thinks with no proof his church played any role in how he came to those opinions and in fact he confirmed it didnt. This was about you trying to falsely blame someone's church for why they feel as they do.
I mean this with all due respect: you're an idiot. You don't seem smart enough to be able to swallow water without choking on it, Dim.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

#485892 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
There are other arguments that do use the results of science, such as the argument that science rules out the Genesis creation story,
How so?
<quoted text>
which rules out Jehovah-Jesus.
Waiting for the response on the above.
<quoted text>
So no god wrote that myth, nor allowed it to appear in a divine message to man.
So everything points back to the Genesis/Science account? And this how you partly arrived to this conclusion about Jehovah-Jesus? I'm sure you heard both sides as was presented to you in a certain fashion... but would it be true that you heard every side?
<quoted text>
Who did then, and why not the god? The answer seems obvious to me. Since I'm not moved by the opinions of ancient believers any more than I am those of believers today, I can reject the claim
So far what I have seen in this particular posts are blanket statements. Powers of persuasion is one thing but so far I haven't seen anything that would logically deduce that Jehovah/Jesus does not exist... I guess everything rests on the Genesis account mostly.

Location hidden

#485893 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
How would you know, Dim? I've never spoken a word to you, and you are functionally illiterate for the written word.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I mean this with all due respect: you're an idiot. You don't seem smart enough to be able to swallow water without choking on it, Dim.
LOL

You are running out of material

You can call me "dim" all you like

At the end of the post, just like at the beginning of the post, you will still be the same liar

Your dishonesty and dishonest tactics are catching up to you. You do it so often that it has become second-nature some of it has been so blatant there is simply no way to even try to pretend otherwise

You are a very insecure person. You clearly want to be seen as an authority on everything and never wrong about anything because you will lie and change your own claims and positions just to try to refuse to give any ground in an individual post or exchange. Are you this desperate for validation from others or is it the other extreme and your ego is just out of control?

I really don't care I suppose. I will keep pointing it out each time you lie though. If you want me to stop pointing it out, you may want to stop lying

Fennario

#485894 Feb 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
Do you want all Christian Church activity to butt out of the world?
My first priority is to get the church out of the lives of unbelievers in America.
Serah wrote:
Do you want Missionaries to stop what they are doing and what they will be doing in the future?
I don't like to see Christians proselytizing in foreign lands, but it's not an issue I concern myself with.
Serah wrote:
Do you want the Congregations to stop giving donations that help the world?
Feel free to give. Just don't impose yourselves on anybody.
Serah wrote:
Do you want the Congregations to stop caring for each other in times of need?
No. I have no issue with private religion.
Serah wrote:
When my Stepfather was dying, he did become closer to GOD as such, and started going to Church regularly, with my Mother, who went all her life. Cutting many stories of being there for others out, on the day of my Stepfathers funeral, held at their local Church, we had the ceremony and the Congregation of old friends attended, along with friends and family members. While we were outside watching the hearse drive off with the coffin, the Congregation of people laid out the supper and got ready the drinks etc, and we celebrated his life as one does when one is in mourning. Do you want to take those comforts away from people too?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485895 Feb 9, 2013
manoo wrote:
in india we use snail juice as spaghetti sauce with meatballs flyswatter like it too
That explains yer imposition.

Location hidden

#485896 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do you want to see some of your lies again?

Skombolis wrote:
You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)

IANS responded
Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

I then went back and posted where you claimed you believe it is possible creator gods exist, just like you admitted you believed in here already.

Why did you lie IANS? I could never get you to answer in the other room

Location hidden

#485897 Feb 9, 2013
Why does IANS positions keep changing?

He said in here there may be a god but it certainty isn't Jesus or Allah.

Yet prior to this he conceded that very possibility. He said he believes there is probably intelligent life out there more intelligent than man. He said he believes it is possible creator gods exist. So he conceded he has no way of ruling it out that an intelligent creator god exists and that could be the very same God we worship as Christians.

This was in a very rare , rare moment of honesty So why has he resorted back to stating with a certainly Jesus or God as known through Christianity can't possibly exist?

Skombolis wrote:
"How ironic would it be if the ingtelliegent alient life you believe probably exists that is more intellient than man actually turned out to be the entity I know as God?

And there is no way you can conclusively rule that out."

IANS responded

"No, I cannot. But I don't see that as meaningful. From a lower primate's perspective, man is that more intelligent life. If they later develop language and a god urge, and want to think of us as their gods, that's irrelevant to any discussion of supernatural creator gods."

This is what dishonest people do. They will revert back to making the same claims so long as they think they can get away with it. You will notice he never responded when I asked him in here how could he say he knows for certain Jesus doesn't exist.

IANS doesn't care about honesty. His only concern is trying to make all Christians and the church look as bad as possible. And he will lie and be bigoted and do whatever he has to do in order to try to pull that off

Don't get me wrong, I think it is funny in a way as this is just the internet and nobody cares outside of the people in the rooms what we are posting and it isn't affecting anything in the real world for the most part and even in the little ways it may it is minor.But when you see him switch positions back and forth and deny things you know he just said, it isn't difficult to understand why. The man is not honest and purposely so in pursuit of his goal

Location hidden

#485898 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
My first priority is to get the church out of the lives of unbelievers in America.
<quoted text>
I don't like to see Christians proselytizing in foreign lands, but it's not an issue I concern myself with.
<quoted text>
Feel free to give. Just don't impose yourselves on anybody.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The constitution doesn't care if you have a problem with public religion

#485899 Feb 9, 2013
They have no more access to any gods than I do..
In one sense, from my viewpoint, I would agree to that... Jesus died for all men BUT only few will be saved because of their own autonomous choices.

I look at the world and am amazed as well.
Amen... relative to our own viewpoints of course.
Science shows us how the natural world operates.
I agree... but it doesn't tell you how the supernatural world operates. They may be able to use science to find that God-particle as they call it... but all they are going to find is a "particle'... they are not going to find God because God The Father is invisible.

"By faith we understand that time was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was made from things that are invisible." hebrews 11:3

Then what objection could you possibly have to somebody believing anything else by faith? If a person were to say that he rejects Christianity on faith, his argument would be as good as yours.
That's what I've been saying all along... people still have faith no matter what. If Christianity is considered a philosophy by some, then so is Atheism and Agnosticism... they are also belief systems. It is just that they choose to put their faith in something else. Atheists aren't able to prove that God does not exist. Without absolute proofs, it takes a measure of faith to believe that God (The Creator) does not exist. But we don't think along those lines because it's secular mainstream. If worth+ship (worship) has valute then is it possible that evolutionists worship the creation rather than the Creator since they believe that the universe is "self-creating".

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#485900 Feb 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are trying to blame an organization representing millions upon millions of people because of what some members say. And I don't defend anyone who supports bigotry. I do defend the official policies which are to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ and that promote the teachings we are to love brother, enemy, and neighbor.
.. if you attend The Little Church On The Prairie, that's great! Along with fellowship, sometimes these small churches are a great benefit to the community they serve. That's their very purpose ..

.. my gripes are directed towards large, influential sects who:

1. Influence government to conform to the Christian worldview.

2. Spend obscene amounts of money to influence voters.

3. Encourage members to campaign for certain politicians.

4. Promote patriarchy disguised as family values.

5. Insist abortion must be eliminated regardless of circumstances.

6. Build mega-churches and sell DVDs/Books/CD's/Etc. under the non-profit umbrella.

7. Proselytize in poor Third World Countries.

8. Influence foreign governments to pass laws against homosexuality, abortion, witchcraft or anything they consider sinful.

.. your thoughts ??..

Fennario

#485901 Feb 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Sometimes, when I'm reading certain magazines, I yearn a lot.
Modern Jugs And Gardens?

Perhaps you read the Christian versions instead (from TopFive.com ):

Knockers on Heaven's Doors
Onward Christian Boulders
Mounds of Shame
The Pearly Weights
Hooteronomies
Racks of Lambs of God
First and Second Mammalonians
Pamela 36:D
Beelzeboobs

Location hidden

#485902 Feb 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you attend The Little Church On The Prairie, that's great! Along with fellowship, sometimes these small churches are a great benefit to the community they serve. That's their very purpose ..
.. my gripes are directed towards large, influential sects who:
1. Influence government to conform to the Christian worldview.
2. Spend obscene amounts of money to influence voters.
3. Encourage members to campaign for certain politicians.
4. Promote patriarchy disguised as family values.
5. Insist abortion must be eliminated regardless of circumstances.
6. Build mega-churches and sell DVDs/Books/CD's/Etc. under the non-profit umbrella.
7. Proselytize in poor Third World Countries.
8. Influence foreign governments to pass laws against homosexuality, abortion, witchcraft or anything they consider sinful.
.. your thoughts ??..
How do you distinguish between churches that don't teach bigotry and try to do some good and churches that do?

Or do you even try and do you even think you should?

My problem is you have taken (and I don't mean this disrespectfully) the lazy way out. It is easy to broad-brush and stereotype and blame everybody rather than hold the guilty accountable. Plus you are angry about what some individuals in some churches teach but since for the most part you have no idea who should be the recipient of your anger you direct at the church in general. At least that is my opinion of what you do

I understand why you would be angry. But how does one combat bigotry with bigotry? And why would anyone take them serious?

Yes there are some members out of hundreds of millions that promote bigoted ideas. You can't just simply blame everyone around them. Well I mean you can but you shouldn't.

And this is what I don't get. You should see that you have people within the church that want things more mainstream. They want the focus to be on Jesus and his message of loving everyone and not targeting certain sins and certain sinners. The best chance for change is for it to come from within. Yet you want to attack the church as a whole alienating those that would be sympathetic to your cause

I understand that deep down you probably know not everyone is guilty. But it doesn't make any practical difference if you know that if your words don't reflect that

JMO

#485903 Feb 9, 2013
mike wrote:
In this life "Hope" is necessary for survival those who believe in a GOD are saying to others,"please help, I'm hanging onto a thread of hope". Somebody anybody please help, that cry is to those who are in a position to help. You're not suppose to tell that person to "just keep believing a GOD is on the way".
Actually Mike, Hope is our anchor... those who genuinely trust Jesus are also "saved by hope"... I believe that is Romans.

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure..." hebrews 6:19

Come to think of it... 3 things remain after all is said and done... Faith, HOPE, & Love.

Location hidden

#485904 Feb 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Why does IANS positions keep changing?
He said in here there may be a god but it certainty isn't Jesus or Allah.
Yet prior to this he conceded that very possibility. He said he believes there is probably intelligent life out there more intelligent than man. He said he believes it is possible creator gods exist. So he conceded he has no way of ruling it out that an intelligent creator god exists and that could be the very same God we worship as Christians.
This was in a very rare , rare moment of honesty So why has he resorted back to stating with a certainly Jesus or God as known through Christianity can't possibly exist?
Skombolis wrote:
"How ironic would it be if the ingtelliegent alient life you believe probably exists that is more intellient than man actually turned out to be the entity I know as God?
And there is no way you can conclusively rule that out."
IANS responded
"No, I cannot. But I don't see that as meaningful. From a lower primate's perspective, man is that more intelligent life. If they later develop language and a god urge, and want to think of us as their gods, that's irrelevant to any discussion of supernatural creator gods."
This is what dishonest people do. They will revert back to making the same claims so long as they think they can get away with it. You will notice he never responded when I asked him in here how could he say he knows for certain Jesus doesn't exist.
IANS doesn't care about honesty. His only concern is trying to make all Christians and the church look as bad as possible. And he will lie and be bigoted and do whatever he has to do in order to try to pull that off
Don't get me wrong, I think it is funny in a way as this is just the internet and nobody cares outside of the people in the rooms what we are posting and it isn't affecting anything in the real world for the most part and even in the little ways it may it is minor.But when you see him switch positions back and forth and deny things you know he just said, it isn't difficult to understand why. The man is not honest and purposely so in pursuit of his goal
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

#485905 Feb 9, 2013
I remember recently how one of the leaders with Chick Fillet politely disagreed with Gay marriage sentiments and the like. He wasn't rude about it but still it caused a national uproar.

I tell you what... my wife and I were some of the Christians who joined with millions of other pro-traditional marriage advocates which came out to show support for Chick Fillet.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485906 Feb 9, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
....what makes you think that God sees the world in the same light that you do?.....
Excellent question, never fully answered in thousands of years.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485907 Feb 9, 2013
Skipped ahead.

If I didn't reply to anyone that asked me sometihing, I apologize.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Insults Are Easier 64,911
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Gabriel 973,978
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Anthony MN 654,530
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min MUQ2 281,965
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min RiccardoFire 45,313
Horny snapchat usernames 48 min gabriel12345 5
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 52 min MUQ2 514
More from around the web