Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 11

Cookeville, TN

#485768 Feb 8, 2013
Well I have to go to bed I have two of the grandkids. Their parents had to go to Nashville today for their father to have a check up. He is a guard at the jail here and got into a incident with an inmake and broke three bones in his face. He is having surgery Monday. I will have my babies for a few days and love every miniute of it. Hope to see you later.

love and blessings
tn grams

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#485769 Feb 8, 2013
TN grams wrote:
<quoted text>I sent it a couple of days ago and I did not realize you had sent me one back I will read it when I get of topix tonight. I always love to hear from you,
love and blessings
tn grams
lol lol know you get my drift.knock knock who there lil whispers lol lol.When you get thru reading it you think you read a joke book lol have a good one look to hear from you soon.Ps will be writting you about thoses bears as soon as they come out of the dens here.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#485770 Feb 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.
All kind of cultures worship Jesus Christ as God. I no know where you get that from.
Christianity is a cultural issue. Christianity is of the west.
Worship Jesus Christ as God is all over the earth. From muslims to hindus to sikhs to all kind of cultures worship Jesus as God.
you have exceeded your usual level of insanity.

---- and ingnorance

Location hidden

#485771 Feb 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Please allow me to quote some biblical verses in which, from a Creationist point view, "Know that the LORD Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves" Psalm 100:3
Now... I believe that since sin came into the the world everything tends to disorder but prior to that God made it good (and after He made Eve... it was VERY GOOD, lol)
I can agree with the 2nd law of thermodynamics from my viewpoint on sin. It's empirically obvious that everything tends to deteriorate. The 2nd law doesn't make sense to me from an evolutionary standpoint because if human beings started off as a single-celled system billions of years ago then it would contradict evolutionists' views that we have progressively become increasingly more complex! If evolutionists agree with that 2nd law then shouldn't they acknowledge that we are products of deterioration then?
your lack of education sustains your religious hubris

Location hidden

#485772 Feb 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The thought had crossed my mind.
I would have liked to have been a beautiful woman. Maybe in the next life ?
Behind The Green Door

Marilyn Chambers

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#485773 Feb 9, 2013
HappyLesbo wrote:
.. please don't think I'm targeting Christianity. There are bigots, hypocrites and power hungry clerics in all branches of religion including Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, even Buddhism. For me, belief or non-belief should always be a private matter ..
Skombolis wrote:
Let me say I understand to a degree what you are saying and while you aren't saying it only exists within the church there is no question some of these ideas if not generating there have grown within
Virtually all homophobia in the West comes directly or indirectly from the Christian church. If the church becomes silent, homophobia will plummet over a few generations. It's no coincidence that homophobia is most rabid in the Western country in which Christianity holds the most sway.
HappyLesbo wrote:
.. you may say, "I don't agree with that philosophy, I'm not that type of Christian," but you silently agree to sustain a power structure that encourages atrocities and human misery by endorsing and advocating a belief system rife with hypocrisy. That makes you complicit ..
Skombolis wrote:
However I disagree strongly that simply being a member makes on complicit. In what way?... The organization itself does not teach anything you have an issue with for the most part. They recognize homosexuality as a sin. That is their only official position.
They don't merely believe that. They teach that doctrine. And the consequence are both devastating and predictable. My cousin's two children aren't speaking because he's gay and she's born again. She doesn't approve of her brother's life. I don't approve of her church teaching her that.

Fennario

#485774 Feb 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Anything else comes from individuals exercising their rights from behind the pulpit.
Then what is your objection to what we do here? We're merely exercising our rights on the Internet.

Skombolis wrote:
And people who disagree are not complicit. And more and more they express their own opinions or maybe they change churches or whatever.
Now your getting it. It's your job to police your church, not mine. You seem to think that we should identify individual offenders and ignore Christianity. I disagree with your analysis of where the problem lies, but even if I didn't, why would I do what you suggest? To help preserve your church?

My solution is to do away with the church as a social force. If along the way, you can silence Christan homophobia - and its atheophobia, misanthropy, misogyny, prudery and antiscientism - then we're on the same team. That's what secular humanists are trying to do as well.

Fennario

#485775 Feb 9, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
But nobody is responsible for what someone else does under the law. That is just how it goes.
It's not a legal matter. It's a matter of common decency.

You defend a nasty institution. You carry water for it. You vaunt its banner. You are held morally liable for what you promote. And it is held accountable for the consequences of its hate speech.
Skombolis wrote:
I understand it is tempting to blame the whole group, innocent and guilty alike because the innocent haven't been able to stop it but there is no way to stop people from speaking their mind.
But there are ways to prevent them form influencing a nation when they do. Shrink their numbers.

You're speaking your mind now. And you're defending the church. You're an enabling your church as we speak. We'd like to see fewer of you doing that.

Free speech: Sure you're free to speak. And at long last, after centuries, so are we. What a bitch, huhu?

It's heartwarming to see you asking us to be more kind to your church. Or like insidesecrets here at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... , who is also calling for unbelievers to "live and let live."

Fennario

#485776 Feb 9, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
And I don't go to "church." Haven't since I was a boy. So, my "church" didn't teach me anything.
Skombolis wrote:
Interesting. Whatever could have caused IANS to jump to such an erroneous conclusion? After all, he just wants your church to have volunteers. Yet now it seems without any facts he blamed your church for how you think.
You are utterly unteachable.

I just want churches to have volunteers? That's how you paraphrased my words, and you are way off again. What did I actually say? Do you have any idea?

Of course you don't. I said that I wanted your church's influence limited to only its volunteers, and not unbelievers. How did you eff up something so simple? Look at how badly you mangled that.

And you still haven't assimilated the simple difference between a church building and the Christian church as an abstract collective. Brother Lee Love has most definitely been schooled by the latter.

Look at our relationship - we don't post to each other for months until he comes forward to try to save my soul, or move it a few steps closer in that direction. I tell him that his god never came through, and he blames everybody else but the god. Where do you suppose he learned that? The public schools? Two And A Half Men? Wal-Mart?

And you and he both deny that he learned to think that way from the church because he hasn't gone into one of their franchises in a while.

Your analytical skills suck. I'll use my own if you don't mind.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#485777 Feb 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
edit Tide...i felt on a lot of your post you made some valid points although I still think you target the problem and the source. But the last part I dont understand your logic at all. The only you would know how to say oppose some preaching bigotry is to sling mud, gossip, etc? Why cant you effectively oppose someone on merit?
On merit? Do you mean, based on the ideas that they hold?

Are you agreeing with me, disagreeing, or confused?
Skombolis wrote:
If you feel you are in the right and taking the moral position then you should easily be able to challenge someone preaching the opposite.
In a contest between people, if you want there to be a winner, you have play by the same rules. I'm aware of no absolute standard for morality, so you would have to appeal to standards based on mutual agreement.

If you think of it like a card game, the person with the best hand wins. If you think a pair of twos beats four aces, you've only won to those that agree with your rules.

This doesn't really pertain to the discussion we're having, but I thought I'd speak on the subject anyway.
Skombolis wrote:
Now if someone is lying or engaging in bigotry I think its fair to call them on it. But how you conduct yourself doesnt have to drop simply because you are opposing a person instead of an idea does it?
I'm more careful when dealing with an individual than I am when dealing with an idea. I don't compromise at all when dealing with ideas. With people, other priorities may cause me to alter my approach.

Location hidden

#485778 Feb 9, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
For some of us it is a good way to start the day, the reading/posting of scripture, positive thoughts and prayer. Uplifting, if you will. If it is not your cup of tea, don’t read it. Epi has been posting like this for over a year now, on a thread intended for Christians. If she were posting this daily on a thread not intended for Christians, I could understand your questioning her in the manner that you chose.
I choke on the hubris, don't you?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#485779 Feb 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You know what is ironic? Many people have blasted Christians for saying when it comes to homosexuality that they dont want to see it or think about it but so long as it is kept in their bedrooms or social clubs for people that are gay then fine but they dont want to be subjected to it.And of course they got blasted and rightfully so as this is America and nobody needs anybody else's permission to be who they are or believe as they do so long as legal. That people who are gay dont need to hide in private. Yet IANS says he wants to see those of faith limited to its use just in their churches and homes. Sound familiar? It should. It fact switch gay for Christian and Ians is just as bigoted as those he rails against. Hmm
You'd start to have a point, if you could demonstrate that homosexuality is a choice, or that Christianity isn't.

Since you can't do that, you don't have a point.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#485780 Feb 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>So I've heard it said, an it's true I'm sure. But, ther's them what swings that double edged sword, so if yer close in me company, ya gotta learn ta duck the likes o' me shadow, lest yer head be roll'n down the isle.
My head is very firmly attached ;)

Location hidden

#485781 Feb 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You know what is ironic? Many people have blasted Christians for saying when it comes to homosexuality that they dont want to see it or think about it but so long as it is kept in their bedrooms or social clubs for people that are gay then fine but they dont want to be subjected to it.And of course they got blasted and rightfully so as this is America and nobody needs anybody else's permission to be who they are or believe as they do so long as legal. That people who are gay dont need to hide in private. Yet IANS says he wants to see those of faith limited to its use just in their churches and homes. Sound familiar? It should. It fact switch gay for Christian and Ians is just as bigoted as those he rails against. Hmm
every moral citizen has the obligation to stand against evil

Location hidden

#485782 Feb 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Mmh; I think there should be limits on socially acceptable behavior, but agree it is not up to us to force our beliefs upon anyone. We each have our own pathway, and if we aspire to make our path the best we can, then in reality our efforts should not negatively affect those around us.
I just read of a burning of a witch (20 year old female) in Papua New Guinea and in front of hundreds, including children. Apparently up to 50 people helped torture the woman, before tossing petrol on her and burning her on a pile of tyres and rubbish.
No-one has been charged...
PEACE indeed and in action can only help our world we all call home
(((*_*)))
christianity in action

again

Fennario

#485783 Feb 9, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I didn't attend "church." Therefore, I wasn't trained to "think that way."
Is that right?

Then how did you end up inculcated with Christian doctrine? Where did you learn it if not from the institution of Christianity - the Christian church? Did the Hare Krishnas teach you? Did you invent it independently?
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I didn't go to "church." My knowledge of the bible is self-obtained.
Dude. That's their manual - their handbook. They wrote it, just like L.Ron Hubbard wrote Dianetics. People who read that book are schooled by the Scientologists in Scientology, and you're schooled by the Christian church in Christianity. So you took the home study course. Great. It's a better value. But it's still the church's program. And you learned it well.

Are you starting to get what the term means? It's like calling the executive branch of the American federal government the White House, or calling the Defense Department the Pentagon. We're not talking about the buildings, but the abstract institutions that they represent. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metonymy

Fennario

#485784 Feb 9, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
In turn, you were trained to look for "God" in ways not described for our modern times.
I learned principally from my bible. Here was the promise:

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened." - Matthew 7:7-8

Great. Here's how:

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me." - Proverbs 8:17

That was me!

"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ." - Romans 10:17

So, I diligently applied myself to the word of god. But instead of my faith consolidating, the opposite happened.

Before you feel the need to go clearing your god of any responsibility again, remember that I already have been told that my faith was a crap faith.

Nevertheless, my love was as pure as I could muster, and I assure you that I pursued the matter diligently.

In case you are thinking that it was crap diligence, I would remind you that I couldn't be posting scripture like this now if I hadn't studied it diligently then. I sure couldn't post like this from the Qur'an.

Fennario

#485785 Feb 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
There has never been a better time to be alive, and I have great hope and optimism for man and his future.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
And no matter what positive things I can see in our societies, or even in my life, I refuse to ignore the negative.
I love that about you guys.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
And in my experiences, only those that are in awe of our technological advancements feel as you do. And I'm not saying there's no reason to be in awe of such achievements, but that doesn't change the fact that people still suffer.
That is what you choose to focus on, so you don't seem to see much else.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
And every year, more and more are added to the total. The greatest country in the world is in debt by how many trillions of dollars?
Irrelevant to the discussion except tangentially.

But before we leave the topic, do you think that your church didn't contribute to that? Without your church politicking, Gore is president in 2001, and the US doesn't invade Iraq - price tag, three trillion.

Fennario

#485786 Feb 9, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
The world is beautiful. It's the people within it that need a wake-up call. And I wonder if you'd feel the same way if you were raised, say, in Trenchtown, Jamaica.
Maybe not.

I remember when we used to sit in a government yard in Trenchtown observing the hypocrites ... mingle with the good people we meet. Good friends we have, good friends we have lost, along the way. In this great future, you can't forget your past, so dry your tears, I say.
jasonvoorhees

Howell, MI

#485787 Feb 9, 2013
god loves uh.. people who love him or something read john.. he actually hates people..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,361
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 20 min Richard The Lion... 79,510
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr candlesmell 701,416
Arsonist strikes @ Little Rock Pregnancy Planni... 1 hr Cowards 2
The Last TRUMP (Donald Trump) Of God 1 hr Prophecy 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 995,743
Trump Jr met with a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE during ... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 7