|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
His wife was several years younger than him. She left him at some point. Since then he has been all alone...
Yikes!!!!

Does that mean I will become like him ????

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree Annie. "Christ" is a Christian concept. "Jesus" is not owned by Christianity.
Yes...I understand how you feel "G" but when talking to a Christian Jesus is synonymous with Jesus Christ. She asked if I believed in Jesus...I knew who she was talking about.
Knowledge

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Popcorn's good! Gallery's all secure too!! Ya might need this though!
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/build.html
Okay should I use gorilla glue or gorillaaaa tape on the beanie? Maybe just masking tape, it is easier, and if it gets on the skin, won't pull it off. What to do, what to do? Okay, I have my safety glasses on too. We wait now patiently for the predator.....like a cat. <:) LOL Did you make yours? Safety first! <;)
harpocrates

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Most likely, He did, but His efforts weren't recognized.
Again, making no attempt to sound condescending whatsoever, it seems, to me, that unfortunately, you were deceived by the same erroneous beliefs that many believers are deceived by. I had mentioned something relatively close to what I'm referring to, I believe, yesterday.
If I can remember correctly, I had mentioned, on Facebook, that I was frustrated with people, in general. It seems, to me, that as this world hurls into chaos and destruction, that everyone seems to be waiting for someone, or something, to remedy the world's problems. "Christians" await the return of Christ. Muslims are waiting for their Mahdi with Christ in tow. And unbelievers, generally, are, most likely, waiting on science. Everyone seems to be waiting, though. All wait with little to no action. And when someone does something remotely "righteous," the media can't help but exaggerate the event because righteousness, it seems, is that rare and unheard of. And everybody continues waiting. Now, how does this pertain to what I'm talking about?
You waited on "God" to respond. You waited on "God" to intervene. You did, most likely, what you were trained and indoctrinated to do. Wait. But, "God" doesn't work that way. As I said one time before, not too long ago. If we want strength, "God" will provide us with circumstances that will strengthen us. If we want knowledge, "God" will provide us with situations that should cause us to use our critical thinking skills. Whatever it it we want, we'll have to work for it. If sounds, to me my friend, that you gave "God" an ultimatum. "Either, shake the heavens and instruct me with lightnings and thunders, or I'm out'a here!" Of course, I'm assuming right now, but I can't but think that that might have been the issue. And with that being said, the fact that you even began to question "God's" existence at such a young age proves that even you didn't have too many "good" examples to assist in your spiritual development.
I apologize if I've used any "Christian-speak" in my post to you. I'm just trying to build a platform, if you don't mind. I mean, if you could utilize your power of thought to decide that "God" doesn't exist, then just maybe I can provoke the opposite. Or, at least cause you to think that just maybe, you had horrible teachers!
daddy works late

Revelation 5:1
[ The Lamb Takes the Scroll ] And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back(spine), sealed with seven seals.

har the "child"

armageddon = har = mount, mountain, hill

suffer the little children to come unto me.

and a child(lamb) shall lead them

Isaiah 11:6
“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them.

Revelation 7:17
for the Child who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Most likely, He did, but His efforts weren't recognized....
That is like saying all people who have no legs are just refusing to walk.

How does one know that everyone can be just like them. Maybe many are born "NOT" to find God ?

Even Jesus said only a few will.

It is like a rich person saying that anyone who is poor chose to be that way.
harpocrates

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

har, har, hardy, har, har

Harpocrates, a rendering from Egyptian Har-pa-khered or Heru-pa-khered (meaning "Har, the Child").
Contents

https://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki1...

har a hill

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/L...

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me started.....LOL There will only be one Mother Teresa, for all the world to see. You know I am not Catholic, but that woman, really was a saint. I doubt there would be any to fill her shoes, today.....
Accoring to her private letters, Mother Teresa had much doubt about her faith. She would have been a 'saint' without the RCC. There are millions of 'saints' in this world, even atheist ones.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes!!!!
Does that mean I will become like him ????
I am keeping my response to this...to myself! LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You really need to get a life.
ROFLMAO

You are sooooo jealous of me it is funny.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
How's Prince Pugstar.
Cheers ~ he is doing very well.... Hope your doggy is also :)

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I understand how you feel "G" but when talking to a Christian Jesus is synonymous with Jesus Christ. She asked if I believed in Jesus...I knew who she was talking about.
OK.
Sorry.
<hug>
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Once Paid Always Paid doctrine.
If I rent a house but only use it two days out of the week I shouldn't pay my full rent for the next month, right ?
If you're not there,but your possessions are there,then that's a part of being obligated to pay rent for every day of the month. When you're charged for 3 gigs,you should be allowed to use 3 GIGS. PERIOD.
Knowledge

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay should I use gorilla glue or gorillaaaa tape on the beanie? Maybe just masking tape, it is easier, and if it gets on the skin, won't pull it off. What to do, what to do? Okay, I have my safety glasses on too. We wait now patiently for the predator.....like a cat. <:) LOL Did you make yours? Safety first! <;)
I forgot to tell you, Black Thunder, I have ninja skills, reflexes like a cat. No shoo shoo will hit me.....LOL I fast 200 miles an hour wind I run like no man can.....LOL

Still wearing my safety beanie! Safety glasses secure! Keep this up we might be geared up to take a run to mars with him soon.! LOL oh my the aluminum foil just tore, got to fix it, it is, matching beanie helment too. LOL I have some seasoning for the popcorn, would you like butter, or cheese? Do you think we could possibly sell some seats and popcorn.......oh the waiting. He probably went out for some goat cheese pizza.....LOL Fat free of course......
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That's way too heavy fer me bro...I'm still work'n on the "folks" stuff.
Crister's is jist a sub-species(I'm think'n).
Hello
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
If you are charged for 3 gigabytes a month,you should get those 3 gigabytes even if they have to be carried over into the next billing cycle.
Just keepin' it REAL.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Negro, please!
Uh-oh ... I think I mixed the two doctors up. You're the brutha or wanna be, not Dr. Hemorrhoid. My sincerest apologies to you both.
Oreo Cookie,please!!
Knowledge

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Accoring to her private letters, Mother Teresa had much doubt about her faith. She would have been a 'saint' without the RCC. There are millions of 'saints' in this world, even atheist ones.
Yes I know that, but, wow.......now I will have to do some research on that. How sad.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Bubblegum & maskers tape sis...works every time. I leave the gurrila tape in the box now..since that one time I sat on it!{snort} Better hang ont'a the crash bar handle there too! Ya got's yer mouthpiece perteckter in right?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>One of the FEW things that you've said that made any sense.
Only because you're not very intelligent.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Seraphine.
Your avatar reminds me of moments in my life when I would venture out in the middle of cold winter nights. I would stand and breathe in the nakedness of the trees against the midnight skies...illuminated only by the faint light cast upon them by the moon.
I found them to be eerily beautiful...mystic like almost. Their naked branches reaching upwards as if in search for something known only to them. I would stand there in awe...wondering...feeling almost small...trying to hear the secrets of the naked trees. Sometimes it was as if I would hear them whispering...unable to make out the words...maybe it was not for me to know their secrets. I was always just grateful to be able to stand and watch as they did their nighttime dance.
I am not an art expert by any means but I don't believe that you have to be to let a piece speak to you...you only have to open yourself up to being able to hear what it is saying. Art reflects life...if one looks long enough they can find a bit of themselves in it.
Thank you Seraphine for giving us a piece of art so that I could see a bit of my life within it.
Bonsoir Annie, you are a kind and gentle person cher, it is obvious to me that you have a connection with the natural world, in New Orleans humanity and the natural world were often blended together. In the home I grew up in we had a large Camphor tree. I would go out and sit under the tree and watch the stars and the sky. When I first saw this painting I was seven years of age. I felt a connection to it, a bond I could not describe. At age fifteen I began to restore art, this piece was my second one. The beauty of this painting transfixes me, it is the intimacy of the couple and the silence. Something I would later find with Sora. I agree that if we pause and look we see in the artwork some of ourselves or even our future. I never dreamed I would ever find any person to love me the way Sora does. It is pure and unconditional, many here have remarked on being able to see and feel that love. It also is a painting of interpretation like most paintings are, tell me, do you believe the couple here are young or old. Do you believe the moon and the sky and the trees hold a symbolic meaning? Do you still venture out into the trees and into the night sky? What do you see when you look at it? Romanticism is a return to nature, much like Alfred Tennyson believed in. Are you familiar with Alfred Tennyson? If not, I shall allow Sora to explain the works of Tennyson as he is more familiar with him than I, my favorite poet is Emily Dickenson.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 467,021 - 467,040 of598,813
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

465 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Proxy Queen 717,196
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min ChristineM 223,315
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Free Download Full Ver... 20 min awaka 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 21 min seriously the original 5,186
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min scirocco 114,700
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min RoSesz 530,354
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min AussieBobby 255,765
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 171,520
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr aalw 110
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••