Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#485433 Feb 8, 2013
Today's Prayer

Oh, how I praise You Lord! You heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds. You count the number of the stars and call them all by name. Great are You, Lord, and mighty in power. Your understanding is infinite. You lift up the humble, and cast the wicked down to the ground. I praise you Lord, you who covers the heavens with clouds and prepares rain for the earth; you who makes grass to grow on mountains and gives food to beasts of the earth. Praise you Lord, the One whom I trust to heal my hurts and bind up my wounds...and provide my needs. Bless you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#485434 Feb 8, 2013
Encouraging WOrds.....

But Lord, be merciful to us, for we have waited for you. Be our strong arm each day and our salvation in times of trouble.

Isaiah 33:2

K-Love

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#485436 Feb 8, 2013
~ H A P P Y ~ B I R T H D A Y ~

~^~^~^~ to ~^~^~^~

((((((Drew))))))!!!

Love,Deb~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#485437 Feb 8, 2013
^^^I'll join in to wish Drew a Happy Birthday Also!!^^^

H_A_P_P_Y

B_I_R_T_H_D_A_Y

D_R_E_W.....

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#485438 Feb 8, 2013
To Mike.....

No...It doesn't matter what I say...What matters is if GOD is glorified...

John 3:30 ►

He must become greater; I must become less.

Bye Everyone!!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#485439 Feb 8, 2013
One more thing....

Remember the Golden Rule.....

Whomever has the Gold...Makes the Rules

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485440 Feb 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an ugly thing to witness.
[1] "God needs no help he just lets us have some fun, he waiting to wipe you off the face of the earth because he said we need to have some fun. So he left 2.3% of all atheist on earth for us to torment." - Langoliers at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
[2] "You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones." - KJV at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
[3] "I am so thrilled that smelly greasy shit like you will endure thermal and mechanical tortures for eternity in Hell. Hopefully you are involved in a tragic metal crushing car accident, resulting in your beheadedness, you awful demented dehumanizing sack of trash." - Just Results at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB4V0KF...
"They aren't 'Real Christians'" in 3.... 2... 1...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#485441 Feb 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Oh, how I praise You Lord! You heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds. You count the number of the stars and call them all by name. Great are You, Lord, and mighty in power. Your understanding is infinite. You lift up the humble, and cast the wicked down to the ground. I praise you Lord, you who covers the heavens with clouds and prepares rain for the earth; you who makes grass to grow on mountains and gives food to beasts of the earth. Praise you Lord, the One whom I trust to heal my hurts and bind up my wounds...and provide my needs. Bless you, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#485442 Feb 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"They aren't 'Real Christians'" in 3.... 2... 1...
Its difficult to say what real ChristiansTM are, as different groups believe different things concerning salvation, the Bible, the Eucharist and other things. And individuals within the groups have different ideas. A pick and chose of what bits suit their personal belief systems.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#485443 Feb 8, 2013
Truths wrote:
~ H A P P Y ~ B I R T H D A Y ~
~^~^~^~ to ~^~^~^~
((((((Drew))))))!!!
Love,Deb~
We-eeeell, in case he pops in let me add my wishes...

Happy Birthday Drew!....and may your day be blest:)

Off to 'woik',and may that snow storm stay to Deb's north;)~

(LOL)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#485444 Feb 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
H_A_P_P_Y
B_I_R_T_H_D_A_Y
D_R_E_W.....
I join in too;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW HOPE IT IS A BANG OF A DAY FOR YOU.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#485445 Feb 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
H_A_P_P_Y
B_I_R_T_H_D_A_Y
D_R_E_W.....
I will join too..I havent seen Drew lately. On here or on FB. He said he had a lot of BB games to coach but anyway..

~~~~Happy Birthday Drew..We all love you~~~

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#485446 Feb 8, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
We-eeeell, in case he pops in let me add my wishes...
Happy Birthday Drew!....and may your day be blest:)
Off to 'woik',and may that snow storm stay to Deb's north;)~
(LOL)
Good Morning Senecus..Have a great day and God Bless You brother!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#485447 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Assume much? I was speaking to Doc about Doc's rantings. He seems more out of sorts than usual this week and I was concerned. Of course I like this thread, I'd remove it if I didn't. If you want to get to know me better Teddy, just ask, don't assume anything about me. There's not two of me in this world.
You're really a lot of fun, aren't you?

I retract it all. There is no way any of that could have applied to you. Nothing interests, intrigues or titillates you, and you are offended even at the suggestion.

Better?
Juicylu wrote:
Btw, all the ridiculous assumptions that all or most Christians are 'indoctrinated from childhood' are wrong. There's a great big world out there people, try to remember that. I lived in darkness for several decades before becoming a Christian 3 and a half years ago.
And who made that "ridiculous assumption"? That would be you. You seem to suffer from Skomboli Disease.
Knowledge

United States

#485448 Feb 8, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Gotta be honest with you, Brother. I've been warned many times before..."Don't ever expect Doctor REALITY to answer...." But, I'm the type to always expect change in people. Even Doctor REALITY. And besides, I thought it was only fair that as long as he keeps telling people that they're going to face judgment and this and that, then he might as well explain why they're going to face judgment, according to what he believes. And another thing. He was the one that was so bold as to declare, before us all, that that one verse, 1John 2:19, shuts us all up. Well, I addressed it with, not only my interpretation of that verse, but the surrounding verses that I believe made my interpretation unnecessary.
You know what it is, right? I think I made the mistake of saying publicly that if he admitted that he's wrong, that that verse doesn't mean what he believed it meant, then that would mean he would have to, or at least should, reconsider his beliefs regarding all the other verses he believes shuts us up. And by other verses, I mean Romans 2:14 (pg 23286), Romans 3:21-22 (pg 23288), Romans 4:14-16 (pg 23326), Hebrews 7:11-14 (pg 23363), and Romans 9 (pg 23343). My bad, right? Not a peep, though. Not a single, solitary peep. But, he keeps it real, though.
Ever see the Dave Chappelle skits, "When Keepin' It Real Goes Wrong"?
Do you not believe that we will all have to face judgement? As in Juggement day?

Fennario

#485449 Feb 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Thanks for your willingness to accept blame, but really, nobody let me down. The god never came through.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Most likely, He did, but His efforts weren't recognized.
I didn't blame you for my church experience. But this I condemn - always passing the blame from your god to something else, in this case, me.

No, I assure you that your god was not there - unless you think that it is so pathetically anemic that it can't be heard by somebody with his hand figuratively cupped to his hear and listening intently.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Again, making no attempt to sound condescending whatsoever, it seems, to me, that unfortunately, you were deceived by the same erroneous beliefs that many believers are deceived by. I had mentioned something relatively close to what I'm referring to, I believe, yesterday.
Condescending isn't the right word for how you sound. But this is equally offensive. You are essentially saying that my faith or some other aspect of my Christian walk was inferior.

First you tried to blame yourself and other Christians. I thanked you for the kind gesture, but explained that it was nobody's fault. But I guess it has to be somebody's fault with you, so it's mine now. I blame your church for teaching you to think this way. It just put a wedge between us that wasn't there yesterday. You expended the good will you had earned trying to absorb the blame when you turned it on me to defend the honor of your god.

What kind of god needs people like you to make excuses for its god performance?
mike

AOL

#485450 Feb 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
To Mike.....
No...It doesn't matter what I say...What matters is if GOD is glorified...
John 3:30 &#9658;
He must become greater; I must become less.
Bye Everyone!!
Thanks Epi

How is your GOD glorified with open-air prayer?

Do you meditate and ponder before you pray?

Do you sweat great drops while praying?

When does a GOD answer your prayers?

How does it go!...pray in the open and you will be rewarded in private.

Are your prayers sincere?...is it your goal to be known as the person who post prayers?

Fennario

#485451 Feb 8, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
It seems, to me, that as this world hurls into chaos and destruction, that everyone seems to be waiting for someone, or something, to remedy the world's problems.
It seems that way to you because you have been trained to think that way, a characteristically Christian way of thinking. You see the world principally as a decadent and dangerous place that is getting worse, even as it gets better. And you project your own Christian psychology of sitting by helplessly waiting to be rescued. It's so negative, passive and disabling.

I blame your church for teaching you to think this way.

Fennario

#485452 Feb 8, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
"Christians" await the return of Christ. Muslims are waiting for their Mahdi with Christ in tow. And unbelievers, generally, are, most likely, waiting on science.
Not this one.

There has never been a better time to be alive, and I have great hope and optimism for man and his future. To me life is good. People are mostly good and mostly trying to get along and do the right thing. The world is beautiful, and I am grateful to be allowed to participate in it, especially with so many gifts - freedom, a great education, a wonderful wife, good health, great friends, and retirement in paradise.

Everywhere around me, I see things to be optimistic about. It would be ungrateful of me to demean such a world.

As for science, it will likely solve many more problems, but I don't need it to, and I'm not waiting on it do so.
mike

AOL

#485453 Feb 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
One more thing....
Remember the Golden Rule.....
Whomever has the Gold...Makes the Rules
Will do something for me?...Please!

Find a video of "benny hinn" doing open-air healings,..tell me what you think.

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min kent 670,593
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 101,338
the first lies ever told 1 hr andet1987 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 980,341
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Sky Writer 31 184,330
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Bongo 445,677
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Rob Ford Jr 286,265
More from around the web