“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#485326 Feb 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you asking me?
I think that I'm the one on call for the Topix medical staff this week. I had to give the rest of the rotation the week off for mixing them up one for another.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sdi7fuNaN5U/TGiPqp5... [image]
You love this crazy, don't you?
You don't like the conflict - neither do I - but you probably like much of the rest. I'll bet that you are reading things that you hadn't seen before and which you find thought provoking.
But it's also a little unsettling because such ideas are a little dangerous, which creates more interest in them.
I'm sure that several of the believers here view the incursion of unbelievers into this thread like a flock of flying monkeys sent by Satan. But not everybody.
I'm guessing that it's an attraction-repulsion thing for you, like a car wreck that you can't look away from. Am I close to right? It's a pretty common and human experience.
Assume much? I was speaking to Doc about Doc's rantings. He seems more out of sorts than usual this week and I was concerned. Of course I like this thread, I'd remove it if I didn't. If you want to get to know me better Teddy, just ask, don't assume anything about me. There's not two of me in this world. Btw, all the ridiculous assumptions that all or most Christians are 'indoctrinated from childhood' are wrong. There's a great big world out there people, try to remember that. I lived in darkness for several decades before becoming a Christian 3 and a half years ago.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#485327 Feb 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No, I dont believe its necessary. 2. It can, just like positive thinking can. I will say this though, I dont believe the strength comes from a deity as one who prays might. I think it comes from within. 3. I think it can promote it, but I dont think it can create it. I think understanding and compassion has to be in you.
Sorry I cant put more into it. I'm traveling this weekend and I'm way behind schedule. I'm a procrastinator, It gets me in alot of trouble..........
Have a good weekend HL..........
Have a good trip.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#485328 Feb 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont need to worry about ole Doc Shrink..........That is unless you start understanding him..........
Oh, oh!
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485329 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to ask...which Christian version???
IMO Beliefs are personal...they are used to guide your own life not the lives of others. Each of us have to find that on our own.
I also believe that if there is a creator that made us all unique...all different...gives us our own experiences...then how could he expect us all to follow that same path.
I feel as if there is something out there that moves us along...what that is I don't know...or even if it truly exists. I can not expect any one else to understand what I have found in my life nor should they expect me to understand what they have found.
I am always a bit taken aback when someone gets upset about Christianity being called a religion. They stomp their foot and deny it saying that it is a personal journey. Then soon to follow is that "you should believe just like I do". If it is personal then why judge others based upon those personal beliefs.
I don't believe that anyone should expect the rest of the world to adhere to their personal beliefs.
Are you wrong for not believing in a god...not if that is what you have found. In all honesty...neither one of us knows who is right. I am not sure that matters as much as finding what we need in order to travel through this life.
If you don't mind my saying this.. When I read the Bible, sometimes I can read the same scriptures and the verse is read differently, more deeper than it was before. Many people read the Bible and use one verse to get their points across. Nothing makes me angrier than using God's word to explain their whole belief in just a few scriptures. I find the person not to be very knowledgeable. I find that many people take the Bible read a little bit, think they can save the world, but they can not, only one day at a time. I believe that God's word will stand out to anyone who is searching with a pure heart. I don't think that someone with a closed mind will learn anything from it but history lessons and that is all. It is the Holy Spirit, that allows the eyes to read and understand with a different concept of life.....without it, as I said it is only a history book, and you never get the full understanding...We all have our roads we have to travel and at the end is death, none of us can escape that part of life. I think it boils down if one wants to accept an everlasting life with God, or not. Sorry to but in, I just felt like I should say that. God bless you Annie, whether you choose to believe or not....:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#485330 Feb 7, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's his plot to take over all women in the world. That is why he calls himself, DR. SHRINK! He wants to beam them all to mars,and feed them slim fasts. I think he has images of being in a all leather clothes riding a Harley, not knowing that the chaps are suppose to be worn with pants under them.....LOL Secretly he is trying to be a Harley Davidson man, but his wife has no idea she is kept tied up when he leaves! She is not allowed in the garage... LOL He has a secret life, when his nose is in the wind......;)
Well possibly...

If what shrinky dink has posted is true...then I feel some compassion for him.

From what I understood...

His wife was several years younger than him. She left him at some point. Since then he has been all alone.

That does not excuse him from the tone of his posts. Nor does it give him the right to speak as he does.

Maybe it just gives us something to maybe have a little compassion for him.

That...and he is just insane! From another planet! Hasn't got the sense that God gave a goose! One doughnut hole short of a dozen! That and in the end...scratch your head and say...WHAT???

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#485331 Feb 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Thanks for your willingness to accept blame, but really, nobody let me down. The god never came through.
Most likely, He did, but His efforts weren't recognized.

Again, making no attempt to sound condescending whatsoever, it seems, to me, that unfortunately, you were deceived by the same erroneous beliefs that many believers are deceived by. I had mentioned something relatively close to what I'm referring to, I believe, yesterday.

If I can remember correctly, I had mentioned, on Facebook, that I was frustrated with people, in general. It seems, to me, that as this world hurls into chaos and destruction, that everyone seems to be waiting for someone, or something, to remedy the world's problems. "Christians" await the return of Christ. Muslims are waiting for their Mahdi with Christ in tow. And unbelievers, generally, are, most likely, waiting on science. Everyone seems to be waiting, though. All wait with little to no action. And when someone does something remotely "righteous," the media can't help but exaggerate the event because righteousness, it seems, is that rare and unheard of. And everybody continues waiting. Now, how does this pertain to what I'm talking about?

You waited on "God" to respond. You waited on "God" to intervene. You did, most likely, what you were trained and indoctrinated to do. Wait. But, "God" doesn't work that way. As I said one time before, not too long ago. If we want strength, "God" will provide us with circumstances that will strengthen us. If we want knowledge, "God" will provide us with situations that should cause us to use our critical thinking skills. Whatever it it we want, we'll have to work for it. If sounds, to me my friend, that you gave "God" an ultimatum. "Either, shake the heavens and instruct me with lightnings and thunders, or I'm out'a here!" Of course, I'm assuming right now, but I can't but think that that might have been the issue. And with that being said, the fact that you even began to question "God's" existence at such a young age proves that even you didn't have too many "good" examples to assist in your spiritual development.

I apologize if I've used any "Christian-speak" in my post to you. I'm just trying to build a platform, if you don't mind. I mean, if you could utilize your power of thought to decide that "God" doesn't exist, then just maybe I can provoke the opposite. Or, at least cause you to think that just maybe, you had horrible teachers!
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485332 Feb 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Hahahahah!
I thought you might like that...LOL Maybe humor instead of anger? I went back and read more of his posts. I do believe the guy needs some ridilane, or prosac, something, ANYTHING!. Are you up for popcorn tonight? We need to sit behind a plastic shield so the crap he starts slinging my way, don't hit...when he reads it. I think there is a few he hasn't read....LOL He keeps telling me that he will not read my posts, but he keeps responding. Temper like red hair gorilaaa with babboony butt. Much flames spewing from his bad breath lack of oral hygiene and rotting teeth. Oh so sad, he to stingy to buy toilet paper,cheap stuff sticks to his booty. Dr. Shrinky is a little stinky....;)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485333 Feb 7, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
...but when you take from the poor, and don't help them I have a problem with that...
I agree. That is why I would like to see religious organizations pay taxes.

Did you know that the Vatican is one of the wealthiest countries (yes, it is a genuine nation, not a part of Italy) on the planet ?

Yet, they do less (percentage wise) to help the poor than many impovershed nations.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485334 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well possibly...
If what shrinky dink has posted is true...then I feel some compassion for him.
From what I understood...
His wife was several years younger than him. She left him at some point. Since then he has been all alone.
That does not excuse him from the tone of his posts. Nor does it give him the right to speak as he does.
Maybe it just gives us something to maybe have a little compassion for him.
That...and he is just insane! From another planet! Hasn't got the sense that God gave a goose! One doughnut hole short of a dozen! That and in the end...scratch your head and say...WHAT???
Poor old "thang", he is a wonderful good man, that wants no harm on others. He just thinks everyone is a scum sucking pig. No wonder the gal left, if he treated her like he does the public. He probably made her take baths with the goats, he keeps in his living room! LOL I decided not to get angry at him, after all, he can't help it. Talk about Dr. Jekyl and Mr, Hyde! Soooooo jokester from now on, I certainly won't talk about the Bible with him...He will bite your head off.....and call you prostitute do as I say and not as I do.......hush hush now.....LOL
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485335 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that the Vatican is one of the wealthiest countries (yes, it is a genuine nation, not a part of Italy) on the planet ?
Yet, they do less (percentage wise) to help the poor than many impovershed nations.
Don't get me started.....LOL There will only be one Mother Teresa, for all the world to see. You know I am not Catholic, but that woman, really was a saint. I doubt there would be any to fill her shoes, today.....

“Love much, trust none”

There

#485336 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is a Christian concept.....
I disagree Annie. "Christ" is a Christian concept. "Jesus" is not owned by Christianity.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#485337 Feb 7, 2013
I hate christianity but my life stinks like manure so I always post on this christian site wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to get a life.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485338 Feb 7, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you might like that...LOL Maybe humor instead of anger? I went back and read more of his posts. I do believe the guy needs some ridilane, or prosac, something, ANYTHING!. Are you up for popcorn tonight? We need to sit behind a plastic shield so the crap he starts slinging my way, don't hit...when he reads it. I think there is a few he hasn't read....LOL He keeps telling me that he will not read my posts, but he keeps responding. Temper like red hair gorilaaa with babboony butt. Much flames spewing from his bad breath lack of oral hygiene and rotting teeth. Oh so sad, he to stingy to buy toilet paper,cheap stuff sticks to his booty. Dr. Shrinky is a little stinky....;)
Popcorn's good! Gallery's all secure too!! Ya might need this though!

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/build.html
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#485339 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If a customer doesn't use all of the data on their plan during a billing cycle,that data should be carried over into the next billing cycle SINCE THEY PAID FOR IT.
Just keepin' it REAL.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#485340 Feb 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
....being duplicitous....
<3
I have the gift of being able to see things from more than one angle. I also have better than average depth perception.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#485341 Feb 7, 2013
Since mobile service providers allow you to carry over unused minutes,why can't customers be allowed to carry over the data they don't use from a billing cycle??! I mean,THEY PAID FOR IT!!!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#485342 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Unused data should accrue throughout the year and then only taken away if not used by the end of December 31st.
Just keepin' it REAL.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#485343 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
His wife was several years younger than him. She left him at some point. Since then he has been all alone...
Yikes!!!!

Does that mean I will become like him ????

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#485344 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree Annie. "Christ" is a Christian concept. "Jesus" is not owned by Christianity.
Yes...I understand how you feel "G" but when talking to a Christian Jesus is synonymous with Jesus Christ. She asked if I believed in Jesus...I knew who she was talking about.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485345 Feb 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Popcorn's good! Gallery's all secure too!! Ya might need this though!
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/build.html
Okay should I use gorilla glue or gorillaaaa tape on the beanie? Maybe just masking tape, it is easier, and if it gets on the skin, won't pull it off. What to do, what to do? Okay, I have my safety glasses on too. We wait now patiently for the predator.....like a cat. <:) LOL Did you make yours? Safety first! <;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min BenAdam 773,747
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 558,906
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 10 min leonel perez 386
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Lyndi 175,525
100% PROOF POPE Francis is ANTICHRIST_____ 24 min YTubeNews 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min onemale 265,001
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min Toby 96,715
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Michael the Archa... 441,753
More from around the web