Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#485309 Feb 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>that is you only hope, that Jesus imaginary. I know Jesus is real. one day we will know who right and who wrong, and then we will see who the joke is on, Jesus, or you.
the joke is on you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#485310 Feb 7, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>On the contrary, we've failed the world. Look around. No much Christ-like behavior going on, is there?
<quoted text>Understood. Although, I think another reason could also be what's not been done. It's extremely difficult to accept what any religion teaches when the basis of their doctrine is almost non-existent. Such lack of behavior says a lot as to whether the adherent truly believes in what they preach, in my humble opinion.
<quoted text>And that's how we failed you. It was expected, after our anointed Savior ascended, that "God" would be witnessed and experienced through one another. Unbeknownst to many, another reason our anointed Savior came to walk among us was to stop people from making idols. His son was supposed to be sufficient evidence of Him, for us, considering that we can't see Him. But, after the first century, that all, pretty much, went down the tubes. And of course, after time, it only got worse and worse. The so-called "church" hierarchy opted for political structure rather than spiritual, and they got it. And with this secular favor came the neglect of the flock. Rather than feeding the flock, they abused the flock and imprisoned them.
I'm sorry. I'm giving you a history lesson you're, most likely, aware of. But... yeah. Anywho....boy, that was awkward. hehe
<quoted text>Well, that's good to know.
Until next time...
Thanks for your willingness to accept blame, but really, nobody let me down. The god never came through.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#485311 Feb 7, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening
Are you NOT a Christian now, because you don't like the label?
Or do you NOT believe in Jesus , and that Jesus died for your sins?
You said you believe in standing up for what is RIGHT.
A Christian is 'Standing up for Righteousness, and I think this entails all walks of life, not just in religion.
To me ,(jmo) it is hard to say , no longer a Christian, If you have ever accepted Jesus into you Heart, in the past.
I don't concern myself with labels. People will choose one for me...

Jesus is a Christian concept...I am no longer a Christian.

That has nothing to do with believing in a higher power however...one that I call God. No one owns God even though I have had many Christians tell me that if I am not a Christian I can not believe in him. Hogwash...I think that it is a little egotistical for anyone to lay exclusive claim. That's just my opinion though.

Your last sentence seems to be based on the OSAS doctrine. I stated this before but will repeat it.

If there is a judgment day I will stand before God with what I believe now...not what I believed in the past. If there is a judgment day I will be held accountable for my actions now and not those of the past.
Knowledge

United States

#485312 Feb 7, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
mama
when I read your cheap insanities my a.... always fart very loud
we fdound out that you without of permition reaaded some few words for poor prisoners,(nobody gave you permit to read somebodys letters) and you throw away whole letter9also crime against fellow poor citizen is obviou.
plus very bad was eating inmates food for free by you,making you huge a...very big, and poor inmates were riped out of necesarry nutrients seating in the 4 concrete walls
you are mama mad abominable poor creature,
if dr Shrink would be your poor husband,for sure he would smack your fat a.....3 times a day
same you tormented your old fart husband and he run away to iraq asking muslims to protect him from you,
poor guy worked of his a.... took only check,but you cashed hiding all poor earned dollars and feed your old bold man,with polska kielbasa and caggabe
so? you are deafeated and more farts sounds around your posts like military drones above head of terrorists and americans abroad
see you next time in little bit different time of demension-
Do your write comedy for a living. You now are entertaining me, old buzzard. If you would have been married to me, you woundn't have lasted long, you would be an oil stain on the driveway......LOL Gotta love it......Please sir, could I have some more? LOL

Oh yes, I thought you said you were not going to read me? You LIED again, sweet cheeks. ;) Gotta love.....:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#485313 Feb 7, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
If she quotes Nietsche and lie about others
she never accepted Jesus without first step
IF YESUS WOULD ACCEPT HER.
everyonoe claim to accept Jesus,it is like True Jesus is not able to do anything without of human acceptances Him as Jesus Christ
there is whole worldwide abominable christianity to claim some crap like this,
or every year blaspheming Lord Of Lords calling Him little infant babe at 12/24 saturnalia birthday not day of Jesus Christ
Shrinky dink...would you please stop trying to speak for me. I am very much capable of speaking for myself. I think that I know myself far better than you.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#485314 Feb 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break
When the levee breaks I'll have no place to stay.
Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan ...
Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WbrjRKB586sXX [Led Zep - When The Levee Breaks]
Slide guitar sez:
Na-na-na-na-Nah, Na-na-na-na-Nah, Nuh-uh, Nuh-uh, Nuh-uh, Nuh-uh!
Na-na-na-na-Nah, Na-na-na-na-Nah, Nuh-uh, Nuh-uh, Nuh-uh, Nuh-uh!
One of the best songs ever..........

Fennario

#485315 Feb 7, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your itching brain from your brain hemorroidal diseases doesn't allow you to find common sense,and qualify who is dr Shrink
old vietnam veteran,past jw and today doctor own few mental institutions for atheistic sick psychopaths like you,claiming that your mama and papa grand parents were monkeis,or gorrilas,
if ggrandma would hear those lies from het grandson like you, for sure
she would not only smack your face or a... but also send you to the mental institution of dr Shrick?
your visions and sick imaginations who is dr Shrink,put you on the brink of emergency call 911,and departure from normal Society of man believing in God
What?
Knowledge

United States

#485316 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the billions of dollars religious organizations don't pay in taxes ?
Yeah, I hate that, too.
You have to remember it is all religious organizations. I know some Doctors who are muslims,Buddests and they have their own alters in their homes and claim it on their taxes. So, they have a mansion for their homes and don't have to pay taxes on their homes, because of their sanctuaries are in their basements. There are some smaller churches probably give back more to their community than they get all year long. But, yes I do know what you mean. Millionare preachers putting it in their pockets, and not sharing with the poor. I do not think think it is a necessity to have gold faucets, or toilets when you are in that line of work.....LOL Wealth is not a bad thing, but when you take from the poor, and don't help them I have a problem with that.....my opinion tho.

#485317 Feb 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. to a degree, yes ..
.. prayer can mean many things ..
.. for the Christian, it's talking to God, remaining humble, giving thanks or the petitioning of a possible omnipotent being. As penance, Catholics will repeatedly recite the same prayer to reaffirm their commitment to their faith. In reality, it is a subtle form of brainwashing ..
.. for some, prayer creates self-change, an awakening of an internal strength that we all possess, a quelling of the outside world ..
1.. is prayer necessary? 2Does it strengthen the spirit, the mind? Does it promote understanding, compassion? Your thoughts would be appreciated ..
1. No, I dont believe its necessary. 2. It can, just like positive thinking can. I will say this though, I dont believe the strength comes from a deity as one who prays might. I think it comes from within. 3. I think it can promote it, but I dont think it can create it. I think understanding and compassion has to be in you.

Sorry I cant put more into it. I'm traveling this weekend and I'm way behind schedule. I'm a procrastinator, It gets me in alot of trouble..........

Have a good weekend HL..........

#485318 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
What?
You dont need to worry about ole Doc Shrink..........That is unless you start understanding him..........

Fennario

#485319 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your concerns...religion has turned in to a big money political organization.
I find my concerns to be in a different direction.
Such as...the blinders that comes along with most religions...even those that do not claim religious affiliation.
People will say that violence in our schools are due to prayer being taken out...and turn a blind eye to the real causes.
Others will espouse...the world is such dire straights due to the non-religious...while ignoring the true causes that have brought us to where we are now.
A Christian on WINLAC yelled and shouted..."all crime is due to atheist thinking"...even to the point that he claimed that when he sinned he was for a brief moment thinking as an atheist.
Abortion is a hot topic...most want to stand up and declare it sinful...yet do nothing toward reducing the "need" for those abortions nor helping to make it easier for someone to feel as if they have different options.
There are more...but I will look at the opposing side of all of this.
There are those that will oppose anything and everything if the word "religion" is attached to it...before finding out what they are opposing.
There are those who want to see not only Christianity done away with but all beliefs...so that we all think just like they do.
There are those that will condemn if you stand up and "defend, protect, justify" as HL says...unless it is those that they deem worthy.
One of my favorite quotes...
Nietzsche
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
I guess to make my point clearer...there are those unbelievers that have become the monster. At times I can not tell one side from the other.
My son is gay. I support gay rights. At times however I have not supported how they went about it.
I am no longer a Christian yet I don't always support how we non-believers get our side across.
Yes...there are times that I have been attacked for my stance by non-believers...thus my writing on "Stuck In The Middle".
IANS...I believe in standing up for what is right...even if I don't agree with it. It is not always about me.

I think maybe I wandered a bit with this post...sorry.
Sometimes the words of another take me off in a different direction.
I like your wandering. And your soul searching.

Fennario

#485320 Feb 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
There is no need for any of us to move a mountain and toss it into the sea ~ but there is much need to move the mountains we make out of mole hills from our lives. When you read the old words, try and picture their meaning as well
OK.

How's Prince Pugstar.
Knowledge

United States

#485322 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrinky dink...would you please stop trying to speak for me. I am very much capable of speaking for myself. I think that I know myself far better than you.
It's his plot to take over all women in the world. That is why he calls himself, DR. SHRINK! He wants to beam them all to mars,and feed them slim fasts. I think he has images of being in a all leather clothes riding a Harley, not knowing that the chaps are suppose to be worn with pants under them.....LOL Secretly he is trying to be a Harley Davidson man, but his wife has no idea she is kept tied up when he leaves! She is not allowed in the garage... LOL He has a secret life, when his nose is in the wind......;)
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#485323 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't concern myself with labels. People will choose one for me...
Jesus is a Christian concept...I am no longer a Christian.
That has nothing to do with believing in a higher power however...one that I call God. No one owns God even though I have had many Christians tell me that if I am not a Christian I can not believe in him. Hogwash...I think that it is a little egotistical for anyone to lay exclusive claim. That's just my opinion though.
Your last sentence seems to be based on the OSAS doctrine. I stated this before but will repeat it.
If there is a judgment day I will stand before God with what I believe now...not what I believed in the past. If there is a judgment day I will be held accountable for my actions now and not those of the past.
No,actually OSAS never entered my mind, I just meant it is hard to
say you once believed that Jesus died for your sins, and now you don't. Didn't mean for it to sound like that.

I don't think Christians act like they OWN God. I thnk that we love
God so much that we Brag on HIM and the many blessings He bestows on us as believers.

Bible does speak of a 'Judgement Day,so I do believe that there will be.

Thank you for yor reply

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#485324 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting that the non-religious read more "mystical stuff" into my posts than exists while at the same time the religious folk read less.
If I said, "I believe Montezuma was the last important human sacrifice in the Aztec world." Would you assume I believe in the Aztec deities ?
You stated your belief about Jesus. It was very clear. I believe Montezumas is the best restaurant ever. I also believe you are either confused about what you believe or being duplicitous, depending on what thread you are posting in.
<3

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485325 Feb 7, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's his plot to take over all women in the world. That is why he calls himself, DR. SHRINK! He wants to beam them all to mars,and feed them slim fasts. I think he has images of being in a all leather clothes riding a Harley, not knowing that the chaps are suppose to be worn with pants under them.....LOL Secretly he is trying to be a Harley Davidson man, but his wife has no idea she is kept tied up when he leaves! She is not allowed in the garage... LOL He has a secret life, when his nose is in the wind......;)
Hahahahah!

Location hidden

#485326 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Were you asking me?
I think that I'm the one on call for the Topix medical staff this week. I had to give the rest of the rotation the week off for mixing them up one for another.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sdi7fuNaN5U/TGiPqp5... [image]
You love this crazy, don't you?
You don't like the conflict - neither do I - but you probably like much of the rest. I'll bet that you are reading things that you hadn't seen before and which you find thought provoking.
But it's also a little unsettling because such ideas are a little dangerous, which creates more interest in them.
I'm sure that several of the believers here view the incursion of unbelievers into this thread like a flock of flying monkeys sent by Satan. But not everybody.
I'm guessing that it's an attraction-repulsion thing for you, like a car wreck that you can't look away from. Am I close to right? It's a pretty common and human experience.
Assume much? I was speaking to Doc about Doc's rantings. He seems more out of sorts than usual this week and I was concerned. Of course I like this thread, I'd remove it if I didn't. If you want to get to know me better Teddy, just ask, don't assume anything about me. There's not two of me in this world. Btw, all the ridiculous assumptions that all or most Christians are 'indoctrinated from childhood' are wrong. There's a great big world out there people, try to remember that. I lived in darkness for several decades before becoming a Christian 3 and a half years ago.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#485327 Feb 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No, I dont believe its necessary. 2. It can, just like positive thinking can. I will say this though, I dont believe the strength comes from a deity as one who prays might. I think it comes from within. 3. I think it can promote it, but I dont think it can create it. I think understanding and compassion has to be in you.
Sorry I cant put more into it. I'm traveling this weekend and I'm way behind schedule. I'm a procrastinator, It gets me in alot of trouble..........
Have a good weekend HL..........
Have a good trip.

Location hidden

#485328 Feb 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont need to worry about ole Doc Shrink..........That is unless you start understanding him..........
Oh, oh!
Knowledge

United States

#485329 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to ask...which Christian version???
IMO Beliefs are personal...they are used to guide your own life not the lives of others. Each of us have to find that on our own.
I also believe that if there is a creator that made us all unique...all different...gives us our own experiences...then how could he expect us all to follow that same path.
I feel as if there is something out there that moves us along...what that is I don't know...or even if it truly exists. I can not expect any one else to understand what I have found in my life nor should they expect me to understand what they have found.
I am always a bit taken aback when someone gets upset about Christianity being called a religion. They stomp their foot and deny it saying that it is a personal journey. Then soon to follow is that "you should believe just like I do". If it is personal then why judge others based upon those personal beliefs.
I don't believe that anyone should expect the rest of the world to adhere to their personal beliefs.
Are you wrong for not believing in a god...not if that is what you have found. In all honesty...neither one of us knows who is right. I am not sure that matters as much as finding what we need in order to travel through this life.
If you don't mind my saying this.. When I read the Bible, sometimes I can read the same scriptures and the verse is read differently, more deeper than it was before. Many people read the Bible and use one verse to get their points across. Nothing makes me angrier than using God's word to explain their whole belief in just a few scriptures. I find the person not to be very knowledgeable. I find that many people take the Bible read a little bit, think they can save the world, but they can not, only one day at a time. I believe that God's word will stand out to anyone who is searching with a pure heart. I don't think that someone with a closed mind will learn anything from it but history lessons and that is all. It is the Holy Spirit, that allows the eyes to read and understand with a different concept of life.....without it, as I said it is only a history book, and you never get the full understanding...We all have our roads we have to travel and at the end is death, none of us can escape that part of life. I think it boils down if one wants to accept an everlasting life with God, or not. Sorry to but in, I just felt like I should say that. God bless you Annie, whether you choose to believe or not....:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Alt Right lies 16,003
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 40 min George Justapose 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min George Justapose 683,751
News The Latest: Trump lawyer says there's no pardon... 1 hr George Justapose 2
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 1 hr George Justapose 15
News Trump Says He Has - Complete Power' to Pardon 2 hr Les 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 983,098
More from around the web