Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, you are most welcome. Thank you for your kindness towards us, art is something that is in my blood. I am not the first art restorer in my family there are several, in fact more than but I have been told that my eyes are more discerning. Please tell me what you think of the painting when you have enlarged it I am curious to discuss with you the philisophical points of this piece.
Good morning Seraphine.

Your avatar reminds me of moments in my life when I would venture out in the middle of cold winter nights. I would stand and breathe in the nakedness of the trees against the midnight skies...illuminated only by the faint light cast upon them by the moon.

I found them to be eerily beautiful...mystic like almost. Their naked branches reaching upwards as if in search for something known only to them. I would stand there in awe...wondering...feeling almost small...trying to hear the secrets of the naked trees. Sometimes it was as if I would hear them whispering...unable to make out the words...maybe it was not for me to know their secrets. I was always just grateful to be able to stand and watch as they did their nighttime dance.

I am not an art expert by any means but I don't believe that you have to be to let a piece speak to you...you only have to open yourself up to being able to hear what it is saying. Art reflects life...if one looks long enough they can find a bit of themselves in it.

Thank you Seraphine for giving us a piece of art so that I could see a bit of my life within it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
try to be adult and goute Bible and Bible stories
not children stories-it look like your brain never received proper education or to be adult.
your god is frog, and you can worship here all your life,
nobody cares what your cildlish little atheistic brain worship at all
More verbal diarrhea.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It kind of does.
It shows that the god of the bible doesn't exist.
I think his/her point may be that biblical flaws in themselves dont disprove the existence of a God. It just proves that the Bible is not God's word.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

I think the stronger argument for the improbability of God is the existence of un-necessary suffering. Why would an all-loving deity put up with so much suffering in the world and do nothing?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Here's a good one, for the theists present. Why would God give the great commission, when he could more efficiently implant knowledge of the true religion into every persons' minds simultaneously?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your willing to DIE for an imaginary friend. Wow! Thats a joke right?
that is you only hope, that Jesus imaginary. I know Jesus is real. one day we will know who right and who wrong, and then we will see who the joke is on, Jesus, or you.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
I think the stronger argument for the improbability of God is the existence of un-necessary suffering. Why would an all-loving deity put up with so much suffering in the world and do nothing?
why you no blame the people that doing the suffering and stop blame God. you no believe in responsibility and accountability?

if person commit murder blame the person, no blame God. You one of them writers that looking for excuse to deny God, so you fault God instead of go blame the person people or persons that responsible for the suffering.

that talk no make any sense.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
Here's a good one, for the theists present. Why would God give the great commission, when he could more efficiently implant knowledge of the true religion into every persons' minds simultaneously?
Because He is God, and did not ask for you resume to make decisions for God. God do it His way. If you no like it, then reject it and deal with whatever happen.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It kind of does.
It shows that the god of the bible doesn't exist.
Disproving the claims of a religion is not the same as proving that no deities or other supernatural forces exist.

Atheist claims that "God(s) do not exist because we haven't had proof of one." is as ludicrous as Jacques Cousteau's announcement that he proved Atlantis does not exist because he couldn't find it.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with faith, that is all it is.
I think you are mistaking "asking a magical creature to grant wishes" with "seeking the inner strength to attempt something and the courage to accept failure."

The latter is all the "how to pray" of Jesus is. The former is the incantations of a religion.

If one needs a "focal point" for meditation, what is wrong with an "imaginary friend" ?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You have such a vivid imagination shrinky dink!
I think it is "Stinky Dink" with all the F_A_R_T statements..

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Because He is God, and did not ask for you resume to make decisions for God. God do it His way. If you no like it, then reject it and deal with whatever happen.
You make an excellent case for atheism.
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his/her point may be that biblical flaws in themselves dont disprove the existence of a God. It just proves that the Bible is not God's word.
Quite easy:since the Bible never was "Gods word" it is a normal book. Worse: never of the thousands of gods not a single of them was never a reality!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>that is you only hope, that Jesus imaginary. I know Jesus is real. one day we will know who right and who wrong, and then we will see who the joke is on, Jesus, or you.
IN the above could replace the world Jesus with Allah. Its down to the culture we are raised in.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you seem so otherwise rational.
Interesting.
It is interesting that the non-religious read more "mystical stuff" into my posts than exists while at the same time the religious folk read less.

If I said, "I believe Montezuma was the last important human sacrifice in the Aztec world." Would you assume I believe in the Aztec deities ?
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Damned Lutherans!!!!!
There was not a single god. So a "kingdom of god" never was anything else like a phantasm!

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
If a customer doesn't use all of the data on their plan during a billing cycle,that data should be carried over into the next billing cycle SINCE THEY PAID FOR IT.
Once Paid Always Paid doctrine.

If I rent a house but only use it two days out of the week I shouldn't pay my full rent for the next month, right ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Mobile service data providers are SCREWING their customers over on data consumption charges.
You know, DR, if you weren't such an a-hole you might have a friend or two to talk about all this crap with instead of spamming this thread constantly with all your off-topic babble.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
This was on Facebook...and I thought "I think I'll share this with Annie.....Its called "I wish you enough"
"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye."
They say it takes a minute to find a special person. An hour to appreciate them. A day to love them. And an entire life to forget them.
Hello Epi,

You seem too always copy what others have said, do you have thoughts of your own?
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
Verse for Today...
I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought......1 Corinthians 1:10
"Lord" is a feudal name. The Bible is a book originally from the slaveownwers and never for the slaves! How would Jesus ever have a title from feudal societies? BTW Jesus died approximately 2000 years or so ago! He (she, it)is of course no god as so many other phantoms ever were!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

353 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min gort 720,649
abashadile e Durban (Mar '13) 5 min whatsapp me 0826620782 12
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min Neelakaran 4,620
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 22 min Impeach Barry Soetoro 7
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 27 min Uzi 115,028
Snapchat couples and girls for fun 40 min davie 10
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr religionisillness 224,103
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr The Awakener 172,344
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 256,451
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Mi Lin 532,626
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••