Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Henry

Mühlhausen, Germany

#485201 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Are you prepared to meet the Lord Jesus Christ after you leave this world?
Why should I believe fairy tale?
Knowledge

United States

#485202 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post and I agree.
I love you G_O_D but, I totally disagree with what you agreed to. I believe that abortion is wrong. I feel that why should my tax dollars go to places to give abortions for someone who wants to have sex. I didn't give them permission to do it, they chose to do it. It they couldn't or wouldn't use protection, I don't want to put it on my dime. It doesn't matter what my religious views are on this subject, but, I don't want to take part in my tax dollars going towards abortions. Family planning.....they have given many abortions on the tax dollars. To me that is blood money, and I want no part of it. I know there are certain circumstances like the mothers life or the babies life, or rape. But, that is between them and God. Not me and God. The day after pill, I don't agree with that being handed out in some schools without parental notice at all, but my tax dollars......not at all. I want no part of it. I believe it is something that every person should be able to say no to, as if would you like to donate your tax dollars to this ..... I feel very strong on that subject.

You know where I stand on gays, but the people who are having adultry, even if in the mind (that is what the Bible says) sex before marriage....beastiality, sodamy, incest....I just find it all sin. I don't believe God rates sin....my opinion on that. People do. The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

You know all of that. I guess what I am trying to say, if one is dead set on getting an abortion, why do I have to get involved? My tax dollars, my money? I want no part of murder? That is my right as a human being not to want to take part in someone's decision not to have safe sex, so I now have to get involved in an abortion? I didn't put those people in who were for abortions in office. I just grumble about that subject....I don't feel right about it, at all.

I guess what I am trying to say, I am tired of my tax dollars going to things I totally disagree on, that I find is a sin, and against what the Bible teaches. I know you don't agree with Paul and all of the books that he wrote. We've been down that path ...but it is what I feel. that I don't want to be a part of.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#485204 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If a customer doesn't use all of the data on their plan during a billing cycle,that data should be carried over into the next billing cycle SINCE THEY PAID FOR IT.
One of the FEW things that you've said that made any sense.
Henry

Mühlhausen, Germany

#485205 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Are you prepared to meet the Lord Jesus Christ after you leave this world?
When I am dead any thing is over!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#485206 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL This probably would have been a better line from your post for my earlier questions.
Do you believe that the church has not played an influence on people's attitudes concerning social issues?
There are those that upon leaving a church on Sunday mornings will take with them what they heard...they will act upon the words that they have heard. There are people that don't think for themselves...do question what they have heard. They just go with those words because of several different reasons...one of them being just too lazy to do the work on their own or better yet..they have allowed themselves to become like a herd of cattle just to be prodded along without having to think where they are going.
I think it depends on the church. My church, granted I haven't been in attendance of every sermon, has never gotten into it as far as I know. Then again they have never had a mass dedicated to the evils of divorce either. Maybe because they simply teach sin is wrong and assume we are smart enough to understand what a sin is or know it would be hypocritical to single a sin out

I don't say that sarcastically or directed at you but I know some people will claim churches have watered down the message in some cases they may but not singling out one sin out of 667 is not watering down the message imo.By not singling one out they are approaching the Bible as they should

But clearly that isn't the case in every church in every state of the country. And people may simply regurgitate then research or maybe they don't care to research because they long thought that before any priest or pastor commented on it. Either way, where is there a legal remedy? And who gets targeted?

I mean the only difference between the church and many other things is the church has a bible that says it is a sin. But if used properly that sin doesn't get singled out and nobody is allowed to hate. So you can't go after something for its right to an opinion. Now within that group some take it too far but it is still protected by free speech. So how does someone bring about pressure on the minority of guilty parties within an organization spanning hundreds of millions let alone how does one do that legally?

You don't need to answer, I am just clarifying my questions

(T) Peace
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485207 Feb 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I am sure there are some individual churches that have gone over and beyond and take an official position but 99% imo simply comes from a pastor or priest within or an individual within
For example I saw some Wesboro baptist church put a sigh of saying something "God hates fags"
Ok now that is an example of a specific entity that can be gone after as promoting bigotry and teaching against the Bible. Either God hates all sinners equally or he hates the sin not the sinner but it can't be just people who are gay and using slurs certainly isn't keeping with "love they neighbor"
But rarely, rarely are things this black and white. Most of it people who happen to believe in God who attend church that also have other views. How while free speech is protected does that allow for anyone to be targeted and for that matter who would be targeted? He idea of the church is so abstract that it would be like me saying i want to eliminate the influence of teachers who don't promote equal treatment of women.
Ok how and it what possible legal way and how do I distinguish? Do I have people record every class they teach and try to find some sentence I didn't like. And then what? They have the right to say it/ So what is my goal going forward to have the influence of teachers who think like this to suffer atrophy? I mean I doubt you are going to find too many schools that have classes that claim women aren't equal to men just like not too many churches are going to put a sign up saying "God hates fags". The fact that homosexuality is considered a sin in the bible just makes it that much more impossible to narrow the scope
Does he go after those who think it is a sin but (fill in the blank) and how does one do that?
See what I am saying about naive imo? The influence he seeks to limit for all practical purposes is what individuals take with them into society and politics and there are many, many contributing factors to why someone may feel how they do and even if you could eliminate one of them what possible legal remedy is there to do so and how do you target the right people?
GOD OS ETERNAL LOVE

Sin is huge wall between God and human species commiting daily sins ARE LOST, and sins kill them,regardless who they are

sin doen't have separata segments as better or worse
wages for sins is death Gal 5;17-21
Henry

Mühlhausen, Germany

#485208 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Sorry, but this Jesus is dead as a human being for over 2000 years!
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485209 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The main reason pre-paid phone cards are such a joke is because most of the time a customer RARELY EVER comes close to using all of the minutes they purchase because they're a whole minute even when a call. is only a few seconds
go do some work around,
not seating like dung on this topic day and night?
you have no life you Do Do Do

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485210 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are mistaking "asking a magical creature to grant wishes" with "seeking the inner strength to attempt something and the courage to accept failure."
The latter is all the "how to pray" of Jesus is. The former is the incantations of a religion.
If one needs a "focal point" for meditation, what is wrong with an "imaginary friend" ?
Nothing...as long as you don't expect him to help carry any of the load.
Henry

Mühlhausen, Germany

#485211 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>When are you going to get saved.
Are you from the Bible belt?
Knowledge

United States

#485212 Feb 7, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
There was not a single god. So a "kingdom of god" never was anything else like a phantasm!
Just to break the ice hear....Phantasm was the scariest movie, I had ever saw, when I was younger. It still bothers me today! I saw the word and just brought back those old memories....LOL Does anyone remember the floating ball in the funeral home, that chased people down? That was a sick movie!
Henry

Mühlhausen, Germany

#485213 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Well, I am quite sane!
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485214 Feb 7, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I believe fairy tale?
why you also do believe your fairly tales?

go and start read books and study with JW,
Maybe your stupid brain get back to the common sense

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#485215 Feb 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> When the IAM saw how it was abusing it's powers, they were stripped away....and ya haven't seen it since-have ya?
LOL, He's been noticeably absent........
Henry

Mühlhausen, Germany

#485216 Feb 7, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
IN the above could replace the world Jesus with Allah. Its down to the culture we are raised in.
From the many gods not one is not a phantom!
Knowledge

United States

#485217 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
A little background info to help explain the path of my faith.
I was raised in a God fearing home one that most would describe as "evangelical". My father dedicated himself to his faith...even to the point of being a part time minister. When he was not preaching he was teaching.
I always knew for some reason that I saw life differently than my family. I was 12 though when I realized that even my faith was different. When I realized that is when I began to question...to have doubts. Not doubts about if God existed but doubts as to how he had been described to me.
It was all triggered by an event.
My parents always wanted more children but after my birth no matter how hard they tried they just couldn't have one. I was supposed to have been that son that dad always wanted. I think that is why I tried so hard to make up for it...I was instead this girly girl that worked the fields...crawled under houses...climbed ladders.
When I turned 12 my mother finally after all of those years got pregnant. Their prayers had been answered...so they thought. After nine months my mother gave birth to a still born little boy. They were devastated...heart broken...
To make a long story a little shorter...
My father and I ended up that morning sitting at a drugstore counter waiting for the pharmacists to fill a prescription. As we were sitting there not talking...just waiting...I looked at his face...I had never seen such pain.
I asked him why would God take his son...my little brother...
He looked at me with tears running down his face and said..."I don't know". I was the first time that I had never seen my father cry...not have the answer to my questions.
That is when my doubts began to surface. Here was a man that had tried to live his life for God and God had taken from him something that he wanted so desperately. How could that be?
I still believe that there is a higher power...I call him God because that is the term that I grew up with. Is it the same God as the Christian God...I believe so...I just see him differently.
I am willing to go where ever my path leads me...it just has not lead me back to Christianity.
What a sad, sad story. I am so sorry that you lost your baby brother, and your family had that loss. I am sure it was very hard on you. Such a tragedy.
Henry

Mühlhausen, Germany

#485218 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>When are you going to get saved.
I am quite sane!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#485219 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The main reason pre-paid phone cards are such a joke is because most of the time a customer RARELY EVER comes close to using all of the minutes they purchase because they're a whole minute even when a call. is only a few seconds
Try tracphone. The best deal out there, but the drawback is they dont have much of a phone selection..........

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485220 Feb 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If a customer doesn't use all of the data on their plan during a billing cycle,that data should be carried over into the next billing cycle SINCE THEY PAID FOR IT.
We feel the same way about witches and cats too...
Wrap it in chains and throw it in the water...if it sinks it's not EVIL!...of it floats>>>>>
>>>>>BURN YER PHONE!
Ya kin test yer neighborhood cats this way too...all thanks ta them wonderful cathaholic inquisitors instructions(handed down by ther lov'n god).
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485221 Feb 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the kernel of a horror franchise here.
http://www.paddedcell.com.au/psychosurgery_du... [image]
Of course, Dr. Shrink would also be a great name for hemorrhoidal cream.
Were they calling you a racist? Unbelievable, huh? Which kind? My working hypothesis has been that you are either black or a wannabe white kid with an urban affectation.
your itching brain from your brain hemorroidal diseases doesn't allow you to find common sense,and qualify who is dr Shrink
old vietnam veteran,past jw and today doctor own few mental institutions for atheistic sick psychopaths like you,claiming that your mama and papa grand parents were monkeis,or gorrilas,

if ggrandma would hear those lies from het grandson like you, for sure
she would not only smack your face or a... but also send you to the mental institution of dr Shrick?

your visions and sick imaginations who is dr Shrink,put you on the brink of emergency call 911,and departure from normal Society of man believing in God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Mnbvc 30,864
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Wardaddy99 987,315
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 1 hr Eyes open Smh 29
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 1 hr USSF 184
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,223
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 5 hr Doctor REALITY 5
More from around the web