“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#485102 Feb 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
A god may exist. "God" - Jehovah-Jesus - does not.
Skombolis wrote:
And your proof of this is what?
Your god is logically impossible. There may yet be a god or gods, but it isn't yours. Here is the argument:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

There are no perfect gods with perfect love, perfect knowledge and perfect power watching over us. That pretty much rules your god out right there.

So does the creation myth, in the light of modern science. A real god would have gotten the actual history of the universe and of life correct.

What else? Oh yeah - nothing exists outside of time. Nothing thinks outside of time. And nothing acts outside of time. All of those verbs require time. They all have before and after states - a was and an is.

There's more, but that's enough for you to ignore for now.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#485103 Feb 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You have broad-brushed Christians as people who have zero empathy for hurting others so long as they are forgiven for self-serving reasons ...
Wrong.
Skombolis wrote:
... that prayer results in dead children and that Christians believe God punishes people with cancer ...
You're getting closer, but this is still has too much of you in it.
Skombolis wrote:
that they are all delusional
Wrong. I recently told you that you weren't: " I don't consider you crazy - just wrong. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Skombolis wrote:
and that is just a few of the sweeping generalizations you have made
Nice argument.
Skombolis wrote:
How can anyone with a straight-face claim they don't think they are a better person then the terrible negative (and incorrect) stereotypes they have labeled all Christians with?
You have no idea what I think. That's apparent.

As I've already told you, "It's not about better people. It's about better ideas."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#485105 Feb 7, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>(((((DEBBBBBBB))))
How're you this evening my friend?
Allllllz well here this a.m.~ tho' it is here tooooo early (c:

(((((Scott)))))) hope that all is well for you.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#485106 Feb 7, 2013

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#485107 Feb 7, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Well forget this more than 2000 years old dead Jesus. Like all other man made gods are illusions or worse fakes. Go to human science then life has a purpose and is useful!
I see you from Germany, the hub of Secularism, so I will be patient with you :)

It not so easy writer. That Jesus said he would die and rise again, that he was the promised messiah, and that only through him Jesus the son of God mankind can get to Father God Yahweh, and a bunch of others things Jesus say and prove it.

You can't ignore them things.

And the main thing I can't ignore writer. Jesus say he would send the Spirit of God to be with his followers since Jesus could not be with us in flesh and blood anymore on earth.

And I tell you writer, is a true thing.

You experience the baptism of the Holy Spirit writer, you can't say Jesus is a illusion or a fake. When you know and see God's Spirit work in you life writer, you can't deny Jesus.

So I no vex with you, I totally understand why you deny Jesus real, because you never experience Jesus in the Spirit.

Writer, if you realize what it like to know God in the spirit, you would want Jesus so bad, you willing to die for him.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#485108 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was a gay NAZI.
and today is july 4th 4000BC LOL

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#485109 Feb 7, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that I got real easy. LOL Maybe because God wanted me to know it at a certain point in my life. It means to keep your prayer life up, never ceasing and living a good life as you possibly can. That is the oil in your lamps. The other five virgins in the Bible wanted the other five virgins to share some of theirs but it could not be done. So, they were left behind, because they chose not to do as the other five virgins. Have you ever heard of this little light of mine? The author was inspired by that scripture. At least that is what I was always told. Glad you enjoyed our talk. I did too.:)
I enjoy it as well, and you writing is good inspiration for daily living and walking with Jesus.

this little light of mine, I know it well. and plenty of jesus followers take prayer for granted, while they no realize prayer is like power for God's spirit. the more prayer, the more real Jesus is. you right.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#485110 Feb 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>The bizarre thing is I am beginning to suspect doc isnt racist at all. I think it is just done intentionally for shock value. People could simply just post to someone and talk to them normally.There doesnt have to be a pretext let alone a negative one. Then again who knows? I am kind of at the point in my life where if I cant distinguish I kind of dont have the energy to look any deeper. Seems to me there should be no reason to even wonder. Anyway (T) PEACE
Morning skom, usually such blantant statements will make one wonder, but you may have a point inasmuch he is doing it for shock value purposes but when he equates things that blck people voted for Obama strictly for "hand outs" I see that as demeaning and just a little racist based, but I agree with you that it is beginning to grow weary and tiresome to ponder upon, have a great day.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#485111 Feb 7, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear Father in Heaven, You know how hard it is to see your children and families hurting when they do not communicate with you and one another, when they are self-centered, out of your will, and following the wrong paths. Maybe they get too busy to nourish the really important relationships in their lives. I pray right now for my own family, for all of the families around the world, for husbands and wives who have grown apart or are on the verge of divorce, for children who are rebellious and angry, for parents who are too busy and irritated, for those who are bitter or hurt. God please reach down and tug on their hearts, speak to their minds, and show them the way. I pray that the root of their problems will be exposed and that through the Holy Spirit, through Your Word, through a caring friend or a concerned Christian, or whatever way you know is best, that you will turn around those lives that are headed the wrong direction and put them back together. I pray that these families will become healthy, happy, God-honoring, communicating and loving families. And God, for the families that are doing well, I pray that you would protect them from the evil one; surround them with guardian angels; and keep that family under your wings of love and guidance. Thank you, in Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with GOd
Amen.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485112 Feb 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, I don't mean a church building or a congregation of people supporting one another. That's all private religion.
I'm talking about an abstraction that works to impose what is going on in those congregations on the society at large. Several denominations and even a few very wealth individuals have political arms, mostly with the same agenda.
Together, they work to erode away at secular society. They may squabble among themselves over doctrinal differences, but they seem to agree. for example, that atheists are dangerous and immoral people of no value, that gay couples are an abomination that should have not be allowed to marry or have the legal protections straight couples enjoy, or that abortions should be difficult or impossible to get.
That's the part of Christendom that outsiders object to, not the Sunday service where people like Juicylu and Serah comfort people like Lil Whispers in their times of need. It's the former that I refer to when I say "the church."
And I'm pretty certain that if we can weaken that institution by starving the beast of members, tithes, and political and social clout, that unbelievers won't give it a second thought.
Excellent post and I agree.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485113 Feb 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>.....Germany, the hub of Secularism,....
Damned Lutherans!!!!!
Jizzed Christ

Surabaya, Indonesia

#485116 Feb 7, 2013
already ... so,,, make the dog like you might as Christians there celebrated sex please ... like a donkey, dogs, pigs, horses, all delicious ..

That's your brain, more shallow than animals bitch ..

Praise dick!!
Jizzed Christ

Surabaya, Indonesia

#485117 Feb 7, 2013
hohohoho ... goodbye kristen kristen stupid idiot son brazen adultery animals, christian foundation bitch brain ...

dick glory hallelujah !!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#485118 Feb 7, 2013
I thought blasphemy was illegal in Indonesia. Or is that only blasphemy against their "prophet"
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#485119 Feb 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>, if you realize what it like to know God in the spirit, you would want Jesus so bad, you willing to die for him.
Your willing to DIE for an imaginary friend. Wow! Thats a joke right?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#485120 Feb 7, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry I am man
and without of under wear
my balls hanging freely and have enough of oxygen to flow to the belly and brain sending you sad song message,that your nose you try to stick between my two legs and my underwear without of my permit
you can start loud sing whorever what you wish to sing,or cry,or fart
but what I want to? or not want to? this is my only choice,
if I pee on your singin,or send huge pile of farts?this is only my choice without of your rejections?
understood this?
your nousy interfering in someone underwear,and own thoughts is sign of you low primitive IQ,
and be careful because to much oxygen can cause my body to start loud stinking farts at your posts?
also understanding word F..... according to your despiseful low IQ brain full of curse bad languages and insults
LOL You have such a vivid imagination shrinky dink!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#485121 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in Jesus as the last Levitical Atonement for all Mankind.
Does that make me a Christian ? I think not.
'Chrisitianity' has way to much "baggage" IMO.
Yet you seem so otherwise rational.

Interesting.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#485122 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree with you except on these forums "Proof" is usually indicating "absolute fact".
By your definition, "God" has been proven. That some do not accept that "proof" is meaningless. The opposite is true as well.
There is know way of 'knowing as absolute fact' whether there is a "god(s)" or not. However, many of the claims regarding deities can be tested and shown to be NOT absolute truth. For example, no one has moved a single mountain through prayer alone, thus that claim is false. It does not have anything to do with whether any deity exists or not.
It kind of does.

It shows that the god of the bible doesn't exist.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#485123 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Without faith, prayer is simply taling to the wall, isn't it ?
Even with faith, that is all it is.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#485124 Feb 7, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, you are most welcome. Thank you for your kindness towards us, art is something that is in my blood. I am not the first art restorer in my family there are several, in fact more than but I have been told that my eyes are more discerning. Please tell me what you think of the painting when you have enlarged it I am curious to discuss with you the philisophical points of this piece.
Good morning Seraphine.

Your avatar reminds me of moments in my life when I would venture out in the middle of cold winter nights. I would stand and breathe in the nakedness of the trees against the midnight skies...illuminated only by the faint light cast upon them by the moon.

I found them to be eerily beautiful...mystic like almost. Their naked branches reaching upwards as if in search for something known only to them. I would stand there in awe...wondering...feeling almost small...trying to hear the secrets of the naked trees. Sometimes it was as if I would hear them whispering...unable to make out the words...maybe it was not for me to know their secrets. I was always just grateful to be able to stand and watch as they did their nighttime dance.

I am not an art expert by any means but I don't believe that you have to be to let a piece speak to you...you only have to open yourself up to being able to hear what it is saying. Art reflects life...if one looks long enough they can find a bit of themselves in it.

Thank you Seraphine for giving us a piece of art so that I could see a bit of my life within it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min guest 560,404
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 9 min Kid_Tomorrow 1,295
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Stilgar Fifrawi 777,992
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Lord Righteous Judge 441,818
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min Kid_Tomorrow 5,156
PROOF that Satan is REAL: Homosexuals 16 min Doctor REALITY 1
Last Word + 2 16 min Kid_Tomorrow 993
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Aura Mytha 265,422
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 hr yon 4,875
More from around the web