<quoted text>
Except my hearts, if you can catch them. <smile>
:)
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485072 Feb 6, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that you got problem with personal remarks of posters instead taking care your spiritual health
your stiv]cking noc=se not into your affairs is horible,and cause you many brain and health injuries,
personaly I pee on american women twisted every second minute mind.health and sexual orientations every 6 month looking for different man,or lesbians with full desk of AAA batery male parts
look at around,there is not to be prud to be fat,ugly or face immoral flitchens in this country
there exist noble humebl women fit man perfectly as GOD BOTH CREATED CREATURE
DEVIL DECEIVED WOMEN ON THE BEGINNING AND TODAY DECEIVE ALSO ALL WOMEN TO PUT THIS COUNTRY AND WORLD TO THE PIT FULL OF IMMORALITY AND COW MANURE
please;focus on your pentacostal church your demonic toungues bamblings,and post only psts with biblical subjects,
instead lead idle gossip,insult,and making jerky jokes
there is nothing to be proud to be american women and be a member of church bambling demonic spirits
there is nothing proud to write post like yours encouraging second hum to commit street immorality and meet american street women- criminal orientation or ugly full of drugs pimples face despising even poor birds and insects around
go tomorrow to your church and beg priest to forgive you your deadly immoral sins,and filthy immoral rants on the internet
UNDERSTOOD YOU POOR CHURCHID SERVING DEVIL-pseud christ 2 Cor 11.13-15.2 Thess 2.3-12
I am old enough to rebuke your immoral remarks and wickedness flows from your rotten dead heart-whorever who you are ;"american women" or american man with big balloon belly from cheap hamburgers and legs like 2 broom stick,+ huge old wrinkle head without of hairs,same those american women are looking like their chisen american man?
LOOK AT YOURSELVES, YOU ARE REALLY JOKE AND SHAME OF HUMAN KIND
Dr. Shrink you told me:
You are a nice old man, disabled who loves America and all Americans and Vets....okay

"Personally I pee on American Women" really? They are all twisted? Really? Your own words sir, not mine. Really women were evil from the beginning.

I am stepping out here, but In the Bible, Adam was made from Adams rib, to be his help mate. His responsibility was to protect her and keep her from harm. Wow, when you think of it that way, Adam wasn't doing his job, now was he. Adam let God down, that is why he got on to him first. He was responsible for Eve, and he failed her and God. So.... Eve was not evil, she was fooled by satan who lied to her. Are you lying Dr, Shrink. Time to come clean, I got so many more of your post lined up that you are not a sweet old man. You need to get on your knees and ask God to forgive you for speaking ill of all American women, and yes you must be horrible to your wife, if your personality switches on and off as easily as you do. Reread your posts, you are so mean to most people you encounter, then the next you act so sweet and innocent. I can not believe anyone who has been here over thirty five years and is lacking on his English language like you are. And tell me, why would you even speak about other countries, and say you were an investigator in another country? Would you like for me to find that one too. I am believing that you are an habitual liar, and you lie so much, you have no idea what you even say. You insult almost everyone you speak too. The whole world is not evil. I pray you figure out not to speak evil and curse people to their doom. Jesus Christ never did that. You got to quit fighting and arguing with people Jesus is not about that. If you did live in America for over thirty years.....you would know how we were. My grandfather and great grandfather could not speak English, but they learned. They also learned to read and write as with all his brothers and sisters. As a child they even spoke some french. But when I got older, in my teens, they were fluent and knew the ways of American life, all of them did...
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485073 Feb 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>HINT: The lamps represent the righteousness we've learned, applied, and exemplified. The oil represents the anointing that comes by learning the expectations of the most High. The less we learn, the less light we can shine. The "foolish virgins" became lackadaisical and, at one point in time or another, their "first love" began to wax cold. Their oil slowly became none. The "wise virgins," on the other hand, remained steadfast while increasing their knowledge and becoming the epitome of love. And when the bridegroom came...well, you know the rest.
Thank you that was beautifully said. Wish I had said that.:) Don't worry about your reputation. God has given you a wonderful gift in explaining the Bible. God will take care of the rest...Are you a preacher?
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485074 Feb 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You had me laughing about why your post about tape got a negative icon. I should let you in on a secret which is what many of us call the "icon fairy" is crazier than an out-house rat! Just ignore the icons! Not sure if I contributed to the mixed signals but let me just say I am passionate about anything to do with equal rights. However you have a loved one in the military and because you arent the only one who feels how u do I felt it would be more appropriate just to post to the room.People can take something or nothing from my posts but I feel obligated to make them. Anyway i just go by what people post to me and figure if icons are the extent they can express themselves then they are probably doing everyone a favor by not posting!(T) PEACE
I am glad I made you laugh....:) laughter will keep you young! At least you will feel young while your laughing.....;)

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#485075 Feb 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You had me laughing about why your post about tape got a negative icon. I should let you in on a secret which is what many of us call the "icon fairy" is crazier than an out-house rat! Just ignore the icons! Not sure if I contributed to the mixed signals but let me just say I am passionate about anything to do with equal rights. However you have a loved one in the military and because you arent the only one who feels how u do I felt it would be more appropriate just to post to the room.People can take something or nothing from my posts but I feel obligated to make them. Anyway i just go by what people post to me and figure if icons are the extent they can express themselves then they are probably doing everyone a favor by not posting!(T) PEACE
Why, just the other day, I composed a post. And no word of a lie, when my screen finished loading, I already had a "Span" judgicon! It wasn't up for more than a millisecond! HA!

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#485076 Feb 6, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
Thank you that was beautifully said. Wish I had said that.:) Don't worry about your reputation. God has given you a wonderful gift in explaining the Bible. God will take care of the rest...Are you a preacher?
I'm not a preacher in the technical sense of the word, but I believe we're all preachers in our own right. I don't believe any titles such as "preacher," "minister," "priest," or what-have-you, should be confined only to those that attend these seminaries and universities. A person can learn just as much outside these universities, if not more, if they apply themselves. And technically speaking, but we all do our share of preaching, ministering, and... uh... um... "priesting" doesn't sound right. Um... oh, you know what I mean.

And as far as reputation is concerned... Topix is an extension of our worlds. And reputations, here, can be just as important as it is to the people we personally encounter. Take, for instance, Dr Shrink. Now, I know some posters that are far more vulgar than Dr Shrink. And nothing they say is taken seriously. Only those of like-mind ever praise them. And even if they, from this moment on, began to preach the bible, it would take a while before anyone decided to listen. So, with that being said, I don't lose sleep over what people think of me here, but I don't want to be a pariah, either.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#485077 Feb 6, 2013
Hi Jw,

My opinion, love yourself = Jesus love you.

Birth is a gift from god. You must respect and love yourself that is the way to make god love you.

----------
http://blueexpertises.com

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#485078 Feb 6, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad I made you laugh....:) laughter will keep you young! At least you will feel young while your laughing.....;)
I hear ya! And yeah like I would post to someone like "i'm tired today" and it would get like a "mean" and "disagree" icon. I would be like "um..I'm not tired and I'm sorry? What the heck was that all about?" LOL ....strange people on Topix at times!(T) PEACE

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#485079 Feb 6, 2013
Proverbs 28:1
The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Isaiah 13:2
Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#485080 Feb 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Why, just the other day, I composed a post. And no word of a lie, when my screen finished loading, I already had a "Span" judgicon! It wasn't up for more than a millisecond! HA!
LOL..i know it is insane! I have had posts like a minute apart and the first one has a negative icon already! And the crazier part is it can be any time from 5am to 3am the next day! It is like whatever fruitloop does it is glued to the monitor 22 hrs a day. And I never see them icon-free for like more than 15 minutes. I cant see the icons any more as I block it but can see the number 1 on every post. Funny stuff!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#485081 Feb 7, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I've been reading the posts I've missed since yesterday. And although I don't necessarily agree with you on your views regarding the existence of "God", I do enjoy reading your posts. I finally go to this post, quoted above, when a thought flashed in my mind like a strike of lightning...
"I'm sure atheists have always existed, right along side theists. But, Christendom has done wonders conceiving and birthing more atheists. Christendom has done wonders strengthening their arguments."
And that saddens me. Believers have failed you. Speaking for myself and really hoping that I don't sound condescending, I'm sorry. I truly wish our history wasn't as it is.
The ride's not over, though...
Thank you for those kind words, but none of you have failed me. I didn't leave the church because of anything that anybody had done. I simply couldn't suspend disbelief any longer.

I gave Christianity a sincere shot for many years. Initially, I was able to ignore my doubts and questions, thinking that with time they would become settled and answered. That just never happened. I used to say that it was like wearing a new pair of shoes - it doesn't matter that they don't feel quite right or fit perfectly on the first day wearing them - with time, they become more comfortable.

But these shoes just never fit, so I took them off.

I realize that Christians never blame their god for anything, and I don't expect you to do so either. And as you know, I don't believe that such a god exists.

But if it did, that's who didn't come through. I was ready to become a part of the body. But that bus never came.

Far from blaming the god, I realized that it simply wasn't there. If a god was presiding over our world and was aware of my thinking and my need for it to reach back at that time, it let me walk out, and has never called me back. That has nothing to do with you or any other Christian.

But thanks again for your interest. And if you meant that you personally have failed me, no, you haven't. I have no recollection of any post from you that I objected to.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#485082 Feb 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for those kind words, but none of you have failed me. I didn't leave the church because of anything that anybody had done. I simply couldn't suspend disbelief any longer.
I gave Christianity a sincere shot for many years. Initially, I was able to ignore my doubts and questions, thinking that with time they would become settled and answered. That just never happened. I used to say that it was like wearing a new pair of shoes - it doesn't matter that they don't feel quite right or fit perfectly on the first day wearing them - with time, they become more comfortable.
But these shoes just never fit, so I took them off.
I stopped going to church for the same reasons. However for me it hasnt led to atheism, but to general skepticism and disbelief in religious claims in general. Which you could say is close to the same thing. I always knew the evidence for religious claims was shaky. But a point came where I realised that claims made were untenable and false. Therefore I couldnt go through with the charade of Christian rites and prayers when being a disbeliever.

Fennario

#485083 Feb 7, 2013
My solution is to make the church irrelevant, and whatever religion remains private and personal. The church is a horrible parasite and societal burden.
Adam wrote:
Depends what you mean by the church. A bunch of people singing hymns and giving grieving people some consolidation, maybe selling some comforting myths.. is that causing you personally a problem. Is that what you mean by private?
No, I don't mean a church building or a congregation of people supporting one another. That's all private religion.

I'm talking about an abstraction that works to impose what is going on in those congregations on the society at large. Several denominations and even a few very wealth individuals have political arms, mostly with the same agenda.

Together, they work to erode away at secular society. They may squabble among themselves over doctrinal differences, but they seem to agree. for example, that atheists are dangerous and immoral people of no value, that gay couples are an abomination that should have not be allowed to marry or have the legal protections straight couples enjoy, or that abortions should be difficult or impossible to get.

That's the part of Christendom that outsiders object to, not the Sunday service where people like Juicylu and Serah comfort people like Lil Whispers in their times of need. It's the former that I refer to when I say "the church."

And I'm pretty certain that if we can weaken that institution by starving the beast of members, tithes, and political and social clout, that unbelievers won't give it a second thought.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#485084 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And I'm pretty certain that if we can weaken that institution by starving the beast of members, tithes, and political and social clout, that unbelievers won't give it a second thought.
I can partly agree with you there. But think that religion will weaken in influence in the west just through changing demographics and natural decline in numbers as people leave. This is why they spend so much time and resources trying to evangelise Africa, cause they know, without admitting it, that religion is slowly dying out in the US and Europe.

Fennario

#485085 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had this verse on my mind for the last few days for some reason...seems to fit here.

Matthew 18:19
"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

My thoughts are...
If this verse is truth...what is wrong? Surely there have been at least two that have agreed about cancer in a child...asked for healing...it wasn't given to them...the child died.

Okay...I know...some will say...they were healed through their death. Maybe I should have stipulated...they prayed for healing and letting the child live.
I'm with you on this. What is wrong indeed.

Incidentally, there are several more scripture just like the one you cited:

[1]“Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.”- Matthew 21:21

[2]“And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.”- Matthew 17:20

[3] "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you”- Matthew 7:7

[4]“Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”- Mark 11:24

[5]“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.”- John 14:12-14

[6]“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”- Matthew 18:19-20

[7] "And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.:- James 5:15-16

[8]“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.”- John 15:7

[9]“It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.”- John 15:16

[10]“On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.”- John 16:23-24

==========

These are the kinds of things that eroded away at my faith.

I didn't see any other conclusion possible except that this was a promise made and not kept. And that was the most damaging thing possible to realize. If he's not trustworthy, what is the value of the promise of heaven?

Jesus didn't return soon like he promised either. And not everybody who believed was getting the peace that passeth all understanding, nor the fruits of the spirits. All of these were promised by the same source that promised me salvation if I obeyed, and damnation if I didn't.

Eventually, I simply stopped believing those promises would be kept. Where are you with all of that?
Henry

Germany

#485086 Feb 7, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Shrink you told me:
You are a nice old man, disabled who loves America and all Americans and Vets....okay
"Personally I pee on American Women" really? They are all twisted? Really? Your own words sir, not mine. Really women were evil from the beginning.
I am stepping out here, but In the Bible, Adam was made from Adams rib, to be his help mate. His responsibility was to protect her and keep her from harm. Wow, when you think of it that way, Adam wasn't doing his job, now was he. Adam let God down, that is why he got on to him first. He was responsible for Eve, and he failed her and God. So.... Eve was not evil, she was fooled by satan who lied to her. Are you lying Dr, Shrink. Time to come clean, I got so many more of your post lined up that you are not a sweet old man. You need to get on your knees and ask God to forgive you for speaking ill of all American women, and yes you must be horrible to your wife, if your personality switches on and off as easily as you do. Reread your posts, you are so mean to most people you encounter, then the next you act so sweet and innocent. I can not believe anyone who has been here over thirty five years and is lacking on his English language like you are. And tell me, why would you even speak about other countries, and say you were an investigator in another country? Would you like for me to find that one too. I am believing that you are an habitual liar, and you lie so much, you have no idea what you even say. You insult almost everyone you speak too. The whole world is not evil. I pray you figure out not to speak evil and curse people to their doom. Jesus Christ never did that. You got to quit fighting and arguing with people Jesus is not about that. If you did live in America for over thirty years.....you would know how we were. My grandfather and great grandfather could not speak English, but they learned. They also learned to read and write as with all his brothers and sisters. As a child they even spoke some french. But when I got older, in my teens, they were fluent and knew the ways of American life, all of them did...
There were thousands of gods and not one of them was anything else just a myth!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#485087 Feb 7, 2013
IANS "If he's not trustworthy, what is the value of the promise of heaven?"

Add to that what heaven really represents... an eternity of church. Really, does anyone want that. And to enjoy the punishment of the damned. Who in their right mind would want that?
Henry

Germany

#485088 Feb 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>eh? a stretch don't you think writer? but not an illogical stretch I no think.
Thing is the more I read what you say, the more I like it. I no know if it have anything to do with the verse at hand, but that ok, good talk.
Well forget this more than 2000 years old dead Jesus. Like all other man made gods are illusions or worse fakes. Go to human science then life has a purpose and is useful!

Fennario

#485089 Feb 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Please show me what church you are referring to and show me where in today's age they have done what you claim which is:
"atheophobia, homophobia, sexual prudery and guilt, hatred of science, the demeaning of mankind, or any of the other gifts that your church has given us."
That's a tall order. Read my last 45,000 posts. I've covered it there. I'll provide links if you like. I've already linked you to this paper on atheophobia.

http://atheists.org/content/bigotry-worst-aga...

I'm sure that you didn't look then, which is why you need to be shown it again, and why I'm not very motivated to meet your demands here.

Fennario

#485090 Feb 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I mean surely you are not so stuck in the past that you would try to get rid of something (and yeah that's not delusion of grandeur from 5% of the nation talking) based on what happened in history are you?
Yeah, I guess I am. It doesn't sound as good the way you describe it, but yes, I'm using the past to try to anticipate the future.

And what 5% did you mean? The number of people using the word "atheist" to describe ourselves? We have allies using other words to describe themselves, or checking other boxes in surveys - like agnostic, irreligious, independent, and none-of-the above. Collectively, we're about 25% of America, and growing at about 6% per year.

And none of us want you imposing your values or beliefs on us.

We should hit majority status - 51%- just before 2030 at the present rate of growth.

FYI, the fraction of Americans choosing the word "Christian" to describe themselves has fallen from 85& in 1990 to about 70% in 2012, with about two-thirds being Protestant, and one-third Catholic.

Yeah, you have it all wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Oxbow 543,226
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 740,642
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 227,966
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min KiMare 95,551
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 4 min Bev Jamison 1,505
Last Word + 2 6 min Bev Jamison 760
Word association game (Aug '08) 8 min Bev Jamison 53,354
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 50 min bad bob 173,886
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Joana 158

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••