Comments
466,661 - 466,680 of 599,839 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484989 Feb 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I am too tired and have been in too many issues lately to spend my breaks in yet another one but let me just say words like "all" or "they" if referring to one group should be avoided.There are almost no commonalities even positive one could say about an entire group. When we make sweeping negative labels that would require us to know the minds and hearts of millions there simply is no other way to characterize that as bigotry. Yes there are people who hate us. Yes there are people who hate us based on faith or culture. And while the real threat that poses should never be ignored we cant paint with one brush. I am glad unlike our soldiers I dont have to try to guess who might be who and trying to kill me. But from the safety of our living rooms U.S. citizens and Christians have a duty by faith to judge what we can see to distinguish right from what and not to judge what we can not see such as the heart (T) PEACE
I am too tired to Steve...too tired to think.

We can always find something to hate in others...especially those that are different than ourselves...does that mean however that we should???

It is my belief that it should be easier to find something that we can love about someone else...if for no other reason than what we share in common. Just like here in this small world of Topix...we share so much more in common than we have in differences.

I might not believe as some do here...but we want most of the same things...family, friends, a home, peace, joy and sometimes even a slightly "warm" debate.

Very little divides most of us...yet we let what differences we have drive wedges between us and build fences without gates that keep us apart.
mike

AOL

#484990 Feb 6, 2013
Just a reminder to the wanna-be christians!

This is an entertainment site.

If you want to put in work for the "GOD-concept", you must do it in the "real" world.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484991 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>no lady, no lesbian practicing lesbianism can follow jesus.....
Sure you can.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484992 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
that is a deep verse. I go read the whole chapter and I add my few cents. that verse it mean not everyone that claim they was the bride of Christ is really the bride. All they were was a kind of anti christ and eventually they show they true colors and they was never part of the bride in the first place.
It's not that deep, my friend.

I invite you to read my whole explanation on page 23371. I explain, via scripture, how that John was referring to specific people that joined the church and tried to teach people that, one, our anointed Savior wasn't the son of "God" and, two, that he didn't come as flesh and blood. The church opposed them, though, so they left. What John was not referring to was the average believer, and that's what I'm hoping Doctor REALITY will admit. But, stubbornness and indoctrination are strong in him. Most likely, he's going to use every tactic possible to divert everyone's attention away from my post to him. He'd rather let my post slip into the past rather than admitting he was wrong, because to admit he was wrong would also open up the possibility that he's also misunderstood/misinterpreted and misunderstanding/misinterpreti ng other verses. And he can't have that.

Thanks for your comment, though. I appreciate it.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484993 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>..Is the person that say they follow Jesus and through Son Jesus they get to Yahweh God. That what matter.
But you claim that only certain people can do that and that others, likelesbians, can not.

You send a lot of mixed messages.

Jesus never said lesbians, like you and me, can not be saved.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484994 Feb 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You should really be ashamed of yourself for being so blatantly racist. And you call yourself a Christian. No wonder you believe that you can lose your salvation. You are truly scum.
Watch it BLL, a klansman thinks you're a racist ! ROFLMAO

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484995 Feb 6, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you dispute Darwin's Theory of Evolution, that natural selection and random variation equals modifications in descent ??..
.. if so, please present your evidence ..
Darwin didn't have a "Theory of Evolution". He postulated a natural mechanism for the diversity among and between species.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484996 Feb 6, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. since we now know that you're a lesbian, I have a question ..
.. are you hot ??..
Very!

I am a very good kisser and my hands are like velvet, too.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484997 Feb 6, 2013
The question is on 1John 2:19. Recently, it was said that this verse proves that anyone that returns to a life of willful sin after having initially accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior was never truly saved. This verse was quoted to shut people up. And contrary to belief, this is furthest from the truth. Following is the actual understanding and interpretation of 1John 2:19.

1John 2:18-24
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

All in all, John was referring to certain people that joined them, but they also brought with them their heretical doctrines. John explains a few key points to their heresies. A couple, of course, are quoted above. Others are as follows...

At 1John 4:3, John writes, "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." Then, at 2John 1:7, John writes, "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

In conclusion, when John wrote what he did, the same that's quoted above and intended to shut people up, John wasn't referring to just people that accepted Christ, then decided to return to a life of willful sin. John was referring, specifically, to people that joined with them and also brought their beliefs that Yahowshua wasn't the son of "God," nor come in the flesh. Then, when the congregations opposed them, they left. What John was not referring to was the average believer.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#484998 Feb 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm...yeah that is much different that your "bruthas in the ghetto" comments or when you said the reason you didnt stop one time to help someone with a car that broke down was because he had an afro but then denied that implied he was black. You play games doc. Even if Rush is racist the question remains why you would assume a "low informed voter" was some type of inferrence towards black instead of anyone ignorant of the facts? You like to leave yourself what you see as 'plausible' deniability but any that have been around know you make many incendiary posts to do with race and imo do so just to try to break of the monotony of posting to yourself and to get replies by someone who was offended. BLL I am sure will come to see thru the games as many have.
Good evening Skom, I have to say that his post was the proverbial pot calling the kettle black, but given the source it's no surprise in the least.

Have a Blessed night.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484999 Feb 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Gorilla makes that stuff that you spray in holes. Watch out for that...it grows to be gigantic! A little goes a long long long way!
I read that completely the wrong way. ROFLMAO

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#485000 Feb 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You should really be ashamed of yourself for being so blatantly racist. And you call yourself a Christian. No wonder you believe that you can lose your salvation. You are truly scum.
Doc.......your own accusations are merely projections that apply only to yourself and not to brother Lee.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#485001 Feb 6, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, now you are admitting you are from Afganistan. I never mentioned it, so why would you? Thankyou, I am a grandma, and am very proud of it, we love our granddaughters in America, we don't rape and mutilate them. We also love our grandsons. Thanks tho, grandma is not an insult in America. It is something we are proud of. Thanks again! LOL The SHOE thing again... LOL :)
Ignore Shrinkie. Think of it as walking around a dog turd on the sidewalk.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485002 Feb 6, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I know...it keeps growing and growing...LOL If you put to much you have to shave it off of wood. But it will hold! LOL That is all I will ever buy. Good stuff. They make it in colors now. Maybe that guy who had it on his car should have bought the color of his car to match! At a far distance, maybe noone would notice! LOL
Why in the world would someone disagree with this statement. Unless of course if they work for just the masking tape. This is about tape and glue. Nothing else......

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#485003 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My posts the last few days have at least been a source of amusement for ya!

I reread what I wrote...LOL...could be taken that way I suppose!
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485004 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
But you claim that only certain people can do that and that others, likelesbians, can not.
You send a lot of mixed messages.
Jesus never said lesbians, like you and me, can not be saved.
You are a guy around my age or older.....where you going? LOL I don't think I am liked to well. I am damned if I do, and damned if I don't. You think you are getting mixed messages....LOL What's a girl to do? LOL
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#485005 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Very!
I am a very good kisser and my hands are like velvet, too.
if you are lesbian
what you got on the front plastic aaa d...with leather straps,
or operated d..and made hole-look like female part?

do you have long huge hanging women breasts on the front??

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#485006 Feb 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember a children's story in which all the animals noticed that when the rooster crowed in the morning, the sun came up. They were certain that it was the rooster's crowing that caused the sunrise.
This also reminds me of a quote, from Robert Ingersoll:
"It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring."
Bonsoir mon ami, this avatar reminds me of Sora and I, we love to watch the moon together. Especially if the night is clear with no visibility. The moon is indeed wonderful and this is a very intimate painting I think. It also represents the clash between modernity and tradition as this is a Romantic painting. The clothing of the couple is traditional and German. This painting is by Caspar David Friederich. It is called Man and Woman Contemplating the Moon. I take inspiration as a painter and a restorer from many genres. This one is my maman's favorite painting.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#485007 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG I looked at that a few minutes ago, and seen we were judged with a great big X LOL Then it hit me......LOL I posted right after I realized what we said...LOL I needed a good laugh. We all do! Sometimes we just have to sit back and laugh at ourselves, and this was pretty funny. Seems like the last few nights you have cheered me up!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#485008 Feb 6, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Doc.......your own accusations are merely projections that apply only to yourself and not to brother Lee.
So when are you,Skombolis,and Bruce Lee gonna''depart from the faith' and give the Lord His 'salvation gift' back just to try to prove your point??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 4 min Flower-Child 53,188
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 732,777
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Thinking 226,284
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 13 min Falcon 733
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Michael 538,797
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min Tuco Blondie 117,957
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Porkpie Hat 257,860
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr KiMare 94,646
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••