simplyput

Aurora, CO

#484842 Feb 6, 2013
http://youtu.be/iJkq-U7_8ZA

good morning to all:

Prayer is developing a relationship with God, our Talks with God.

If you didn't talk with your spouse/partner, it
wouldn't be a good relationship, would it?
mike

AOL

#484843 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree with you, the majority of anthropologists do not.
Read Dr. Stoneking's work (PSU) regarding "Mitoconrial Eve".
Hello G_O_D

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484844 Feb 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
While I believe it's wrong to discriminate against someone because of their personal orientation,I still think it would wrong for the Boy's Scouts to admit people who are openly gay because it's inevitable that they will be targeted in one way,or another. What they need is to be 'cured'.
Oh, good. You're back. I've been waiting for a response from you in regards to your interpretation of 1John 2:19. As a matter of fact, a few of us have been patiently awaiting your response. Here, it says, "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us." Here's that post again, though, in case you missed it.

1John 2:18-24
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

All in all, John was referring to certain people that joined them, but they also brought with them their heretical doctrines. John explains a few key points to their heresies. A couple, of course, are quoted above. Others are as follows...

At 1John 4:3, John writes, "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." Then, at 2John 1:7, John writes, "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

In conclusion, when John wrote what he did, the same that's quoted above and intended to shut people up, John wasn't referring to just people that accepted Christ, then decided to return to a sinful life. John was referring, specifically, to people that joined with them and also brought their beliefs that Yahowshua wasn't the son of "God," nor come in the flesh. Then, when the congregations opposed them, they left.

And there you have it, Doctor REALITY. What say you?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#484845 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah. is one of two things. either you is a lesbian that no like the fact that the bible consider lesbianism a sin and Paul condemn it, or some other sin Paul mention that you practicing and no want to stop doing.
that only reason you could be so obsessed with paul. because all the things you say about paul is a joke, you no write anything on the billboard as far as evidence to back what you say. its just stuff you make up in you head.
paul was a homophobe and taught fear

jesus was a homosexual and taught love

Location hidden

#484846 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah. is one of two things. either you is a lesbian that no like the fact that the bible consider lesbianism a sin and Paul condemn it, or some other sin Paul mention that you practicing and no want to stop doing.
that only reason you could be so obsessed with paul. because all the things you say about paul is a joke, you no write anything on the billboard as far as evidence to back what you say. its just stuff you make up in you head.
Paul was an enemy of the christian church, he set out to destroy it, and was quite successful (not quite 100%)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#484847 Feb 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ Ians, cont..
...I can't speak for everyone but I know that I have never shrinked back and hidden that fact. The only proof we need is the belief in the greatest love ever... that while we were yet in our sins Christ died, was buried and was raised again on the 3rd day.
And all this is not any material proof that one can show you because it is by faith which we believe.(John 20:29... I Peter 1:8...Hebrews 8:1). I guess this would be what you would call irrational skepticism from your own understanding and worldview. This is what I believe though and the burden really isn't on Christians in this Christian-based thread to prove there's a God. Those that are genuine Believers, our proofs are by faith.
But with the short Christian/Atheist dialogue we've been having on this thread since your arrival and that of your peers... in my short ramp-up on the matter it just leads me to conclude that with all the wisdom of the world which the rational skeptic might seem to exude in a God implausibility... well... I'm starting to find out for myself that Atheism (even through rational skepticism) is mostly philosophical at best and it appears that the new Atheist claims that the sciences justifies it's overtures. From my viewpoint, I just don't see where the neutrality of the sciences makes atheism a valid choice, unless of course, it is in the natural sciences in which evolution is still theorized. Now, the dissemination of evolution in schools and other spheres of influence does not mean true legitamcy imho... it just means that they have a politcal stronghold.
Hey, just for fun... Job is the oldest book in the bible and in Job 38:16 and Genesis 7:11, these verses allude to underwater springs deep in the seas or oceans. Now how would they have known about these underwater springs were only discovered in the 19th or 20th century?(I forget which century)
Not only that, but the bible say the earth was round when everyone thought the the earth was flat until the 14th 15th century around there:
Isaiah 40:22
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Also we all now know life is in the blood. You take someone blood you have DNA you can look for diseases and know everything about that person with they blood. Even save life with blood, type of blood
O positive or AB all that. The bible say life is in the blood before science.

Lev 17:14
For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.

So when you see atheist talk about the bible is a old document that out of date and people in the bible believe the earth was flat, they no know what they talking about.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484848 Feb 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
let me guess, you is a homosexual right?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#484849 Feb 6, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks. Now I understand your conceptualization ..
<quoted text>
.. it would be interesting to discover how Christians on this thread perceive prayer. Do they all expect a result? Anybody else ??..
You said to expect a result was wrong. Whats your idea of prayer?

Just to clarify, when I was saying I expected a result, I wasn't thinking the result would always be in my favor. I wanted it to be and hoped it would be, but knew there was always the possibility something else was planned for me..........

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484850 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was an admitted liar.
You're the obvious liar.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#484851 Feb 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

and 'karl44, is an idiot.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484852 Feb 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are quite possible. I am of the opinion that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. I think Paul wanted desperately to eliminate all sexual desires to the point of possibly castrating himself.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484853 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're the obvious liar.
"For if the truth of God hath more abounded by my lie unto his glory" - Romans 3:7

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484854 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Chrisatians say "God said...." when it is actualy Paul's human opinion.
Paul is treated like a God, often more so than Jesus.
hey Lady,

I still waiting for you to write where Paul words would disagree with the words of Jesus. Or you just no know what you talking about.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484855 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>let me guess, you is a homosexual right?
There you go again trifecta. Are all people that disagree with homosexual or is it just the ones that have an opposite opinion of Paul?

Is it rational to determine one's sexual orientation based merely on their perception of Paul?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#484856 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are quite possible. I am of the opinion that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. I think Paul wanted desperately to eliminate all sexual desires to the point of possibly castrating himself.
You are in worse shape than what I thought.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484857 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I would agree with you except on these forums "Proof" is usually indicating "absolute fact".
By your definition, "God" has been proven. That some do not accept that "proof" is meaningless. The opposite is true as well.
There is know way of 'knowing as absolute fact' whether there is a "god(s)" or not. However, many of the claims regarding deities can be tested and shown to be NOT absolute truth. For example, no one has moved a single mountain through prayer alone, thus that claim is false. It does not have anything to do with whether any deity exists or not.
Excellent points, G_O_D, but I must interject on this one subject.

Our anointed Savior, in my opinion, was illustrating the power, not of prayer alone, but of faith. And this is why I've challenged certain posters as to the level of their faith using the same verses. But, even so, we must not ignore the fact that even in this, stipulations exist. One question I think that would beg to be answered is; What would be the benefit of moving a mountain? My second would be; If a person had such faith and power, would they move a mountain?

One particular portion of scriptures that comes to mind is James 1:6-8. These say, "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." Now, I understand that the initial intention James had for writing such a thing was in regards to wisdom, but I believe the lesson still applies. And in saying that, I must ask: Should prayer and faith be questioned and disavowed, or the faith of the person praying?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484858 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"For if the truth of God hath more abounded by my lie unto his glory" - Romans 3:7
IYAI!
But you Lies are not adding to no glory of God, you Lies just make you a Liar and a damn Liar lady.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484859 Feb 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again trifecta. Are all people that disagree with homosexual or is it just the ones that have an opposite opinion of Paul?
Is it rational to determine one's sexual orientation based merely on their perception of Paul?
If is only Paul that writer mention I would respond another way. But then he say Jesus was a homosexual, that tell tale red flag that person defending homosexuality, probably they own practice of homosexuality.

Location hidden

#484860 Feb 6, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
All I'm trying to say is the delivery method, whether your calling it a prayer or a positive thought or energy, derives from within and is sent out through the thought process, where it goes from there and the results is not anything I'm gonna be able to tell you.
I only said it because I dont think there is a difference between a christian praying and someone sending positive thoughts or energy.......To me they both derive from within and are released through thought and intention(?).
In my view (transcendental) meditation works better than prayer.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484861 Feb 6, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in worse shape than what I thought.
I think she can get worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay sex in kanpur 9 min Panwarkumar 23
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min ChristineM 442,892
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min River Tam 828,887
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Theswamiji 6,310
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr AussieBobby 245
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr BOTTOMGURGAON 26
Israel End is Near 1 hr Theswamiji 70
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 584,509
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 3,628
More from around the web