Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#484861 Feb 6, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in worse shape than what I thought.
I think she can get worse.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484862 Feb 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was an enemy of the christian church, he set out to destroy it, and was quite successful (not quite 100%)
you favorite food is cuckoo for cocoa puffs?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484863 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
"For if the truth of God hath more abounded by my lie unto his glory" - Romans 3:7
Romans 3:5-8
But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance?(I speak as a man)
God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?
For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
And not rather,(as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

You've wring the context out of that verse. And I think you know you did.

Obviously, Paul (and others) were being falsely accused of lying, unrighteous behavior, so forth and so on. Paul's question was, simply, that if he was lying, but the truth was still being revealed through his lie, then why attempt to condemn him at all, considering that the truth was being revealed through his lie?

Paul and others were being falsely accused of behaving unrighteously so as to produce good results from the witnesses, as if Paul and his cohorts were behaving as such to illustrate the difference between righteousness and unrighteousness. This, though, was slander, as Paul declared.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#484864 Feb 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my view (transcendental) meditation works better than prayer.
Thank you, for an honest answer..........

I think why people are defending Positive thinking over prayer is just in the wording.

Positive thinking is just that.........Positive thinking.

Its easy to put prayer in category of just going through the motions. Or picturing someone whose sad praying for relief. If there is a disconnect, i believe thats where it lies.

I specifically told Catcher in my post that the prayerful person was positive and absolutely believed in the power of prayer. I did that intentionally to put it on the same footing.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484866 Feb 6, 2013
There is no evidence whatsoeevr that Jesus was gay

The speculation is based on John 21:20
Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

Culturally this would be considered no different than say men who kiss each other on the cheek. It is a familiar but non-sexual act.

We have a tendency not only to be culturally biased but when dealing with a book like the bible and not knowing the culture well has caused some people to go through every verse with a fine tooth comb looking for verses they can use to suggest Jesus was gay and this is the closest they have gotten

Now mind you the words for love in Greek are

Agape: spiritual, unconditional love,
Eros: erotic love,
Philia: love between friends,
Storge: familial love.

In this verse the word Agape is used

Now some people will want to say without any proof it was changed from eros. Then again going by the same kind of speculation either from the gospel of Uphill where it flatly states they were intimate or even by the passages in the Bible it is much more likely Jesus had a relationship with Mary Magdalen. She was the first to visit the tomb and stayed there when everybody else left.

Of course none of this may mean anything as who knows her reasons?

I have no agenda other than to speak against those who would make statements of fact based on pure speculation on things that any number of scenarios may have been the reason

Let's say someone goes to a buddy's house and because they had been drinking he crashes on the couch. Well someone could write he stayed the night and people could jump to the conclusion they were having a sexual relationship. It is silly.

There is no evidence Jesus was gay. Quite frankly there is no evidence as to his heterosexuality. It is pure speculation and to me makes zero difference as it really isn't important. But to see people use speculation to advance a personal agenda is troublesome to me.

(T) Peace

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484867 Feb 6, 2013
Edit

Sorry didn't even look at my spell check

Should say "gospel of Philip"

Uphill was further down on the list and I must have scrolled by accident

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484868 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>If is only Paul that writer mention I would respond another way. But then he say Jesus was a homosexual, that tell tale red flag that person defending homosexuality, probably they own practice of homosexuality.
IMO your logic is a little askew. Voicing one's opinion is not an indication of their sexual preferences.

By the same logic that you used it could be assumed that you are a homophobe. Would that be fair of me to assume since I have no facts to back that up other than my own perception?

One's perception is not fact any more than one's opinion is. Perceptions...opinions...are only based on one's experiences.

Have you had the experience of all anti-Pauls being homosexual?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484869 Feb 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO your logic is a little askew. Voicing one's opinion is not an indication of their sexual preferences.
By the same logic that you used it could be assumed that you are a homophobe. Would that be fair of me to assume since I have no facts to back that up other than my own perception?
One's perception is not fact any more than one's opinion is. Perceptions...opinions...are only based on one's experiences.
not really. but throughout my dealings with people I find out is usually they sexual practices why they against Paul Jesus and the Bible overall.

Don't know why, is just my observation. People want to have sex with who they want to, when they want to, to any age, with any animal, and with anybody and everybody. And they no want anyone tell them no.

Those are the people I find that is most against the bible. I no know why, but is an observation and a perception I make.

Yes people that lie and greedy and hate and idol worship different religions etc etc against the bible Jesus and Paul as well. But by far, and real far to, the biggest group against the bible Jesus and Paul are sexual deviants. I no know why.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484870 Feb 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent points, G_O_D, but I must interject on this one subject.
Our anointed Savior, in my opinion, was illustrating the power, not of prayer alone, but of faith...
Without faith, prayer is simply taling to the wall, isn't it ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484871 Feb 6, 2013
^^^talking, not taling^^^^^

oops.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484872 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>hey Lady,
I still waiting for you to write where Paul words would disagree with the words of Jesus. Or you just no know what you talking about.
1. On the time of the coming of the Lord:

Paul says:

Rom.13
[12] the night is far gone, the day is at hand.

Jesus says:

Luke.21
[8] Take heed that you are not led astray; for many will come in my name,
saying,...`The time is at hand!' Do not go after them.

2. On the source of the Truth and the true gospel:

Paul says:

1Cor.2
[13] And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who possess the Spirit.
Gal.1
[12] For I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus says:

John.17
[14] I have given them thy word;
[17] Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth.

3. On the God of the dead:

Paul says:

Rom.14
[9] For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus says:

Luke.20
[38] Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living;

4. On the sum of the commandments:

Paul says:

Rom.13
[9] The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this sentence, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Jesus says:

Matt.22
[37] And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38] This is the great and first commandment.
[39] And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
[40] On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.

5. On whom God has mercy:

Paul says:

Rom.9
[15] For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
[16] So it depends not upon man's will or exertion, but upon God's mercy.
[18] So then he has mercy upon whomever he wills, and he hardens the heart of whomever he wills.

Jesus says:

Matt.5
[7] Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

6. On forgiveness of trespasses:

Paul says:

Eph.1
[7] In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace
Rom.4
[25] who was put to death for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

Jesus says:

Matt.6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

20 more here:

http://www.truthseekers.co.za/content/view/84...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484873 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>IYAI!
But you Lies are not adding to no glory of God, you Lies just make you a Liar and a damn Liar lady.
He's still an admitted liar and you are wrong and ignorant.

GFY

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484874 Feb 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Also one other thing, most of the writings on here are about opinions and perceptions. That ok. If you perceive I'm a homophobe, that is OK. You have that right. I perceive that lady G_O_D is a lesbian base on her writings, I expect others do make they own conclusions about me based on my writings, that fine.

Facts, is another thing. perceptions and opinions on here is fun and good joke. But when person going to dispute what someone like Paul Bible or Jesus say, that have world writings and history to back it, then that other thing. They want to write they perceptions and opinions alright, but when they throw out they opinions and perceptions in regards to science and the bible, then I expect to see factual evidence, else I going to mock and make fun of it. That me.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484875 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>If is only Paul that writer mention I would respond another way. But then he say Jesus was a homosexual...
Are you incapable of telling the turth or just inceridbly stupid ?

I said I believe Paul was gay. I said I believe Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.

However, if Jesus was gay it wouldn't matter to me at all.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#484876 Feb 6, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, for an honest answer..........
I think why people are defending Positive thinking over prayer is just in the wording.
Positive thinking is just that.........Positive thinking.
Its easy to put prayer in category of just going through the motions. Or picturing someone whose sad praying for relief. If there is a disconnect, i believe thats where it lies.
I specifically told Catcher in my post that the prayerful person was positive and absolutely believed in the power of prayer. I did that intentionally to put it on the same footing.
I remember a children's story in which all the animals noticed that when the rooster crowed in the morning, the sun came up. They were certain that it was the rooster's crowing that caused the sunrise.

This also reminds me of a quote, from Robert Ingersoll:

"It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484877 Feb 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>not really. but throughout my dealings with people I find out is usually they sexual practices why they against Paul Jesus and the Bible overall.
Don't know why, is just my observation. People want to have sex with who they want to, when they want to, to any age, with any animal, and with anybody and everybody. And they no want anyone tell them no.
Those are the people I find that is most against the bible. I no know why, but is an observation and a perception I make.
Yes people that lie and greedy and hate and idol worship different religions etc etc against the bible Jesus and Paul as well. But by far, and real far to, the biggest group against the bible Jesus and Paul are sexual deviants. I no know why.
OK you convinced me.

You are batshitcrazy.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484878 Feb 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
You wrote all of that to try to convince me that the Holy Bible teaches that REAL Christians could still possibly lose their soul after accepting the Lord Jesus Christ???!......Well you FAILED.
On the contrary, I wrote all of that to attempt to show you that you misunderstood, and hence, misinterpreted the verse. And if you misunderstood and misinterpreted a verse like that one, by dividing the context from the content, then what other verses could you be misunderstanding and misinterpreting? Then, and only then, by extension, I'm hoping that you might consider the mere possibility that you might be mistaken in the doctrine(s) you hold so dear. I mean, if you misunderstood and misinterpreted what James wrote, then what else might you be misunderstanding and misinterpreting? Or, is that the only one?

Regardless of anything, you still misunderstood and, therefore, misinterpreted James' statement. And in saying that, I also composed posts concerning Romans 2:14 (pg 23286), Romans 3:21-22 (pg 23288), Romans 4:14-16 (pg 23326), Hebrews 7:11-14 (pg 23363), and Romans 9 (pg 23343). Feel free to address any one of them, please and if you will, as nobody else has.

Until next time, good Doctor.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484879 Feb 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You wrote all of that to try to convince me that the Holy Bible teaches that REAL Christians could still possibly lose their soul after accepting the Lord Jesus Christ???!......Well you FAILED.
you are not above Bible teachings'read Heb 12;15-16

you idiot and your sins wiped out chance to be saved
all federal records shows what you are,
skunk vile unchristiand wicked sinful creature,bringing disgrace to all americands

very soon sword of Democless hanging above yout neck,will fall down cut your stinking depraved hoseuxual,,evil,vile, zoophilia head and this useless skull will be thrown to the dogs to eat left over small pieces of your brain

shame to see poor miserable spiritual criminals bambling above and against Gods Law

you are unsaved and never will,your brain destroy all chances,your body is worth only yo the food of white maggots,and soul thrown to the hell Dantee
where g_o_d poster will bake you for milion years on the devil hot grill
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484880 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
OK you convinced me.
You are batshitcrazy.
good for you
just start only to pray to trifecta?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484881 Feb 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>On the contrary, I wrote all of that to attempt to show you that you misunderstood, and hence, misinterpreted the verse. And if you misunderstood and misinterpreted a verse like that one, by dividing the context from the content, then what other verses could you be misunderstanding and misinterpreting? Then, and only then, by extension, I'm hoping that you might consider the mere possibility that you might be mistaken in the doctrine(s) you hold so dear. I mean, if you misunderstood and misinterpreted what James wrote, then what else might you be misunderstanding and misinterpreting? Or, is that the only one?
Regardless of anything, you still misunderstood and, therefore, misinterpreted James' statement. And in saying that, I also composed posts concerning Romans 2:14 (pg 23286), Romans 3:21-22 (pg 23288), Romans 4:14-16 (pg 23326), Hebrews 7:11-14 (pg 23363), and Romans 9 (pg 23343). Feel free to address any one of them, please and if you will, as nobody else has.
Until next time, good Doctor.
good doctor commiut everyday bad sins, and have fear that he is not saved

but his perverted brain completly destroy in this wicked vile sinful creature any chance to be saved,
and he with his sins go to the hell,
who knows maybe you too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Ringo 31,739
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Michael 687,433
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,496
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 1 hr Love Trump 9
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr SmokinJoe 4,319
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr another viewer 987,442
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 2 hr Neil_Hines 3
More from around the web