Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#484797 Feb 6, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you lonely?
Need attention?
Do you feel left out?
Did you feel bad because the church doesn't tolerate your 'ideas' as you call it?
Do you feel the need to have people in this thread focus on you so you can ramble on and on and on about how much you disbelieve and your support for anything goes?
I hope you haven't already shared your ideas feller, because they already seem very woefully pathetic and poor. Sorry lad, but I'm being honest with ya.
Counter_Strike.
How about answering the question.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484798 Feb 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ Ians, cont..
...I can't speak for everyone but I know that I have never shrinked back and hidden that fact. The only proof we need is the belief in the greatest love ever... that while we were yet in our sins Christ died, was buried and was raised again on the 3rd day.
And all this is not any material proof that one can show you because it is by faith which we believe.(John 20:29... I Peter 1:8...Hebrews 8:1). I guess this would be what you would call irrational skepticism from your own understanding and worldview. This is what I believe though and the burden really isn't on Christians in this Christian-based thread to prove there's a God. Those that are genuine Believers, our proofs are by faith.
But with the short Christian/Atheist dialogue we've been having on this thread since your arrival and that of your peers... in my short ramp-up on the matter it just leads me to conclude that with all the wisdom of the world which the rational skeptic might seem to exude in a God implausibility... well... I'm starting to find out for myself that Atheism (even through rational skepticism) is mostly philosophical at best and it appears that the new Atheist claims that the sciences justifies it's overtures. From my viewpoint, I just don't see where the neutrality of the sciences makes atheism a valid choice, unless of course, it is in the natural sciences in which evolution is still theorized. Now, the dissemination of evolution in schools and other spheres of influence does not mean true legitamcy imho... it just means that they have a politcal stronghold.
Hey, just for fun... Job is the oldest book in the bible and in Job 38:16 and Genesis 7:11, these verses allude to underwater springs deep in the seas or oceans. Now how would they have known about these underwater springs were only discovered in the 19th or 20th century?(I forget which century)
Nice post. I would love to provide a non-atheiostic scientific response but I don't have the time now. A good subject but perhaps not here, start a new Topix thread at some point ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484799 Feb 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. Evolution has been proved by many branches of science. The fossil record for one. Also DNA evidence.
One thing ignored by ID advocates is design flaws. There are plenty in humans and other animals.
The theories of Evolution (there are quite a few) are supported by tangible evidence. They have never been "Proven".

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#484800 Feb 6, 2013
John Coffey wrote:
Morning Granny, what a refreshing thread this is so far. Only time will tell if it stays this way. Nice sunny day here in my neck of the woods with the fresh snow from the last couple of days it's beautiful outside. More snow on the way late tonight they say. Personally I'm hoping for a lot of snow over the next week so when I head south to Florida for a couple of weeks it will make it even sweeter driving south going from the cold snow to the warm sunshine of the sunshine state. Hope you have a fantastic day. God bless you and God bless everyone here.
:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#484801 Feb 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, I pray today for the deacons and ministers of caring in the church today. I pray that they would support and uplift the pastor, like Aaron did Moses. I pray that they would help the pastor carry out the ministry of the church, looking after the needs of the congregation, going about in an attitude of prayer, and seeking Your will in all circumstances and obstacles that arise. I pray for their protection from harm and evil in any form. I pray that You will anoint, bless, and minister through them to reach people, to show them Your love, and to bring glory and honor to You. Help these ministers to see their role in Your work, and give them the boldness, wisdom, and encouragement to carry on. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484802 Feb 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Float like a butterfly...Sting Like a bee"
I guess he has lost his sting...He has Parkinsons..Doesn't he?
Yes.
It must tormenting to completely lose that what one once had in abundance.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484803 Feb 6, 2013
SnarIing Chingis Khan wrote:
I wouldn't expect anything from my children.
If you don't expect anything from your children...they will give exactly what is expected of them. Life expects a lot out of us...as a parent it is your job to teach your child how to deal with those expectations...even the expectations that they put on themselves.

I asked a child once why he was "good" in my classroom and not that of others. His answer...

"You expect me to be good...they expect me too be bad".

He gave what was expect of him.

Really??? You don't expect them to behave...be kind...compassionate..learn... etc???

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484804 Feb 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whaaaaat?
You don't like long convo's?...Oh OK....I was thinking about some of your posts using all the charaters and your have a contined post....LOL...When your brain gets on a subject...Your words and ideas FLOW out like rain....That can overflow into another container....
I have always admired you for that ability....I am "Yes" "No" "I don't know".....LOL
And you show your Heart...
LOL MS. SMARTYPANTS!

My hearts all I got...can't afford anything else!

I haven't been inspired lately to write much...just bits and pieces here and there.

On my tombstone I want..."No one can deny that she was not passionate". LOL

or...

Here lies MS Hoover...wordy at times but always passionate.

No people...my last name is not Hoover...unless you happen to be MS SMARYPANTS! LOL
youtube

AOL

#484805 Feb 6, 2013

Rare 2015 "SIGN" ID's WW3 & Final 7 Years

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484806 Feb 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you get two "disagree" icons and "spam" and "off topic" outta that?....Ok...so the Icon Fairy does like Lightning bugs...I loved them too....Have you every put them on your finger and wore them as a ring???...I have....
Sad thing...they aren't here in SC....It might have to do with the sand....I could google it
:-)
No...never wore one on my finger...they are amazing little creatures though...so small yet can light up the night.

There is a moral in that I think...maybe even one of those...to be continued posts!

I have heard that you will not find them west of the Mississippi. I have this friend that grew up in the west and lived for many years in California...he never saw one until he was an adult.

Sad that...

BTW I tried once just responding with...Yes...No...I don't know. Just didn't seem right to me...I don't know...didn't fit.

Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484807 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The theories of Evolution (there are quite a few) are supported by tangible evidence. They have never been "Proven".
It has been proven,
Proven. "1.Demonstrate the truth or existence of (something) by evidence or argument: "the concept is difficult to prove."

There is very strong evidence of evolution, hence it is proven.

It does not have abolute proof, like a mathematical formula. But neither has gravity, or other things for that matter.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484808 Feb 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>In the end, even hell is going to be destroyed, though. In this, it'll be impossible for anyone to be tortured forever in hell if hell no longer exists. And not only hell, but death is going to be destroyed, too.
I wish your fellow Christians were informed enough not to believe in eternal torture as well.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484809 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in Jesus as the last Levitical Atonement for all Mankind.
That sounds like Pauline theology to me. Is Paul in favour today?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#484810 Feb 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL MS. SMARTYPANTS!
My hearts all I got...can't afford anything else!
I haven't been inspired lately to write much...just bits and pieces here and there.
On my tombstone I want..."No one can deny that she was not passionate". LOL
or...
Here lies MS Hoover...wordy at times but always passionate.
No people...my last name is not Hoover...unless you happen to be MS SMARYPANTS! LOL
LOL....(joke between Annie and I)

Whats that "sucking" sound?

~snicker~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484811 Feb 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No...never wore one on my finger...they are amazing little creatures though...so small yet can light up the night.
There is a moral in that I think...maybe even one of those...to be continued posts!
I have heard that you will not find them west of the Mississippi. I have this friend that grew up in the west and lived for many years in California...he never saw one until he was an adult.
Sad that...
BTW I tried once just responding with...Yes...No...I don't know. Just didn't seem right to me...I don't know...didn't fit.
Well...It wouldn't be right for you....

"I don't know".....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484812 Feb 6, 2013
Gotta get going....Bye All

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484813 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
It must tormenting to completely lose that what one once had in abundance.
The last time that I visited my father before his passing I left in tears.

He needed 24 hour care so he resided at a facility that could proved it. I sat with him in the little room where patients could gather. I watched these people barely able to move in some cases...they lived in a world that was a bit of their past...even a smaller bit of their present...the rest of their world was I suppose from their imagination.

I watched them...tears flowed for the lives that they could not longer live nor even remember. These once strong and full of life people had been condemned to a life of wearing diapers and having someone clean them.

My father had been such a proud man...hard working...strong...God fearing...he sat beside me...just a shell of his past...and only at rare times did he get a glimmer of that past.

During one of those lucid moments...tears ran down his face...he looked at me and said..."I can't do this much longer". I told him that it was okay to let go.

I left that day in tears...that is the last memory that I have of him...seeing his tormented face.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#484814 Feb 6, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
The people should have a whole bunch of rights, especially if a gay woman wants to marry a man and vice versa. Also, they should have every right except to be able to adopt a child. I know you appreciate me Ms. Lesbo, because I'm honest with you.
:)+)**SNIPPED FOR SPACE**
.. have you ever felt like you'd been spun around 10x and had your face smashed into a wall via emotionally overload? If so, you know you're being manipulated ..

.. manipulating isn't an easy thing, it requires a well-planned strategy and intelligence ..

.. you, sir, are a masterful manipulator who disregards the rights of others to advance your agenda ..

.. you have nothing that I want. Please move on to somebody else who may be more receptive ..

With Established Harem

#484815 Feb 6, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Its just the energy you give off.
We all give off energy.
Examples. Can you feel the tension in the room?
That person is so radiant.
.. thanks. Now I understand your conceptualization ..
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think those with faith expect a result. i dont know why you would bother praying if you thought it didnt have an effect or didnt work. That result could be the
basic essence of praying, getting to know God. I know when i was a practicing Xtian that was the main goal. i was looking for a result from that action.
Sometimes I would pray for others health and happiness, sometimes I would pray for my own, always expecting a result..........
.. it would be interesting to discover how Christians on this thread perceive prayer. Do they all expect a result? Anybody else ??..

With Established Harem

#484816 Feb 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to believe in evolution because it was sold to me as a fact during my school years only later to find out that it's unprovable.
.. evolution is a theory as well as a fact, your rejection of knowledge is revealing ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>10-4... chemists who come up with those proprietary formulas to color your hair and make it stay in longer... that
has nothing to do with evolution.
.. huh? OK, I'll admit it - I color my hair on occasion to encourage a genetic mutation ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Concerning the fact that atheists cannot prove the non-existence of God and that it is
only a hunch or a bet that God does not exist... well, it's not hard to figure out if you fall into that category.
.. silly goose. Where did you get that idea ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min truth 658,577
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aura Mytha 70,688
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min here 282,955
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 47 min crucifiedguy 4,970
Why driving for Uber is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr YouDidntBuildThat 5
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Dave 247
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Toby 974,705
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 3 hr Hilary 95
More from around the web