Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#484780 Feb 6, 2013
FYI......My Security sofwear just caught a Malware virus here.....

Be careful

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484781 Feb 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't give 2 sh!ts if you are impressed. It's not my job to impress arrogant idiots.
Nothing diversionary about it.
I said what I meant, and I meant what I said. I made no excuses as you would try to assert. I have no need.
Last ditch effort? LOL! You are a joke...as are your derogatory comparisons of personalities.
Trying to come off with?--not trying- DID!
Your attempt to control free speech and stifle another's use of language because you did not agree with their ideology was taken for exactly what it is. Your defamation of others by insinuation or directly stating that they are incapable of understanding and using simple words in the english language, and the inference that YOU are will NOT be tolerated....and I have brought that to your arrogant, self righteous attention.
You appear to be living in a world of delusions of grandeur. One in which you are the "King of ID". Your reply is evidence of your inability to even maintain coherent association with what is posted as you ramble off in some imaginary realm of irrelevant babble without concern of any relevance to the posted material.
I will "jog" your incompetent memory...You were all but forbidding anyone on this thread to even so much as utter the word "GRACE", as not even (1) of any of us "lower" beings were capable of understanding ==and therefore could never possibly use or even understand the word in proper context.
What are you gonna do almighty god counterstrike?
========{{GASP}}}}}=====
Yer not really gonna "SMITE US" IS YA???
Yer right bozo. This ain't >kindergarten<--correct spell'n BTW. And your "explanations" are not needed(I realize that deflates your little ego).
Your remark of "with all due respect" is an insult to anyone you post to, as you have completely failed in any regard to promote the word >"respect"< or show that you might possibly even understand the meaning or implication of the word. I will offer what you yourself have stated as advice in the use of words...If you can't use the word in it's proper meaning and context, don't use it at all.
If you care to answer this post---please try to stay on the topic. It is quite irritating to have to stumble through all your ramblings and pick out any of the few pertinent inclusions you might have managed to actually reply.
Arrrgh Cap'n

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484782 Feb 6, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Black Thunder's post to you was exactly what you needed to hear. By THE way, T-H-E is the not teh in ENGLISH. Call it by the RIGHT NAME CS..By the way, no one is claiming to be "Bible Scholors" except You and BLL. And with all due respect..Maybe you should give up studying it and just LIVE it. Life is good!
"Thumbs up"....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484783 Feb 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I forgive you, Grace Walker. And I apologize for getting so defensive that I didn't consider the circumstances.
You, merely misunderstood me, then, because I did say that I've been studying the bible and all consisting for almost 30 years. And yes, even I can agree that there's probably many that would consider themselves scholars had they been studying for that duration. But, me, myself? Never. In my opinion, if I ever even thought that such a title applied to me, I'd be doing nothing less than exalting myself. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not even learned. I just have a good memory and can remember things real well when necessary. On top of that, I'm only memorizing the knowledge that's been set long before I was born. And I'm sure you can agree that nothing I know, or memorized, will make not one bit of difference if I don't apply what I've learned. In saying that...
We're good, Grace Walker.
Until next time...
Shalowm.

"Thumbs up"

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484784 Feb 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Been nice knowing ya! Take care!!! Bye!!
Oh, good. You're back. I've been waiting for a response from you in regards to your interpretation of 1John 2:19. As a matter of fact, a few of us have been patiently awaiting your response. Here, it says, "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us." Here's that post again, though, in case you missed it.

1John 2:18-24
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

All in all, John was referring to certain people that joined them, but they also brought with them their heretical doctrines. John explains a few key points to their heresies. A couple, of course, are quoted above. Others are as follows...

At 1John 4:3, John writes, "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." Then, at 2John 1:7, John writes, "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

In conclusion, when John wrote what he did, the same that's quoted above and intended to shut people up, John wasn't referring to just people that accepted Christ, then decided to return to a sinful life. John was referring, specifically, to people that joined with them and also brought their beliefs that Yahowshua wasn't the son of "God," nor come in the flesh. Then, when the congregations opposed them, they left.

And there you have it, Doctor REALITY. What say you?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484785 Feb 6, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have!! I went there and read some of the crap they are saying over there. I decided to leave them in Kaitlins hands..LOL Its sad though! I have a wonderful neice who lives with another female and I love that girl unconditionally. Nobody can make me laugh quite likes she does. She just seems to light up a room whenever she enters into it. And when she talks about the Lord, Her eyes have a shine in them that makes her whole face glow. She is a firefighter in the city that she lives in and she has risk her life numerous times to save another fellow human. She has more love and zill for life than a church full of religious people. She goes to the same church that my mom goes to and they love her just as she is..unconditional love!! I even heard her ask God that If she is wrong for who she loves, then reveal it somehow or take away the desire and... she still loves her!! That is how I truly believe God loves us. Just wanted to share this with you. Not sure why!! I just know that you would understand what I am saying and you are not judgemental at all.
The cousin I grew up with (boy...a year older)was so sweet and sensitive....He and I and his sister (a year younger) would play together and build forts and play in the woods. He would play dolls with us...I didn't see a problem with it (his Dad was a Big Policeman)...But as I got Older I notice people calling "effeminate" boys like him "Queers" (now it is gay)...I loved him no matter what. When he graduated from High School he went into the airlines as a "stewart" and moved to Los Angeles. I still Loved him...When he finally "came out" He said "I will understand if you and your Mom and Dad would not want anything more to do with me"...We stood by his side...The Sad thing was around that time he got cancer and passed away in 1980....So he didn't see the Gay movement....
I believe in "unconditional" Love too (my cousin remembers being "attracted" to a Sailor in uniform at 5 or 6.....Of course at that age nothing sexual...just attraction)
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484786 Feb 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Billions of people are in Hell because God can't lie ---> the wages of sin is death.
So what does "hell" mean. Eternal fire and torture, or merely "separation" from God, or just annihilation. You see to me its a big Q, as I figure, if xians are right, myself, my wife, and pretty much all my friends and family and everyone I know will go there.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484787 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Two tips for you.
It depends on th eprofessor. Some want you to agree, others like a fresh aproach.
Make the opening and closing remarks are in agreement and that everything in between supports the conclusion.
Many times students get side-tracked while writing and end up with:
This paper is about 'Eating frog legs'
Dr. A supports 'the preservation of tree frogs' endangered species status'
Dr. B's arguement against 'automobile's impact on Global Warming" is unfounded.
Thus 'Italian Ice is better than Frozen Yogurt '.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484788 Feb 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem JL...don't much care for long drawn out conversations anyway. One or two posts about a subject and I am ready to move on.
Did you find the story about lightning bugs that I left for you on WINLAC?
Whaaaaat?

You don't like long convo's?...Oh OK....I was thinking about some of your posts using all the charaters and your have a contined post....LOL...When your brain gets on a subject...Your words and ideas FLOW out like rain....That can overflow into another container....
I have always admired you for that ability....I am "Yes" "No" "I don't know".....LOL

And you show your Heart...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484789 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The butterfly has become a mere moth.
"Float like a butterfly...Sting Like a bee"

I guess he has lost his sting...He has Parkinsons..Doesn't he?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484790 Feb 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
OKay...for those who marvel at the lightning bug...they are one of my favorites...
What Is The Deal With Lightning Bugs?
I mean, here is this rather ordinary looking flying insect, but wait ... it has a glow-in-the-dark rear end!
What was God thinking?
I'm sure science has all kinds of explanations about how this fluorescent fanny is useful for mating and other stuff,but why did God choose to make the lightning bug glow?
I wonder if when God was creating all the animals and everything around us, he came up with the idea of thelightning bug and said, "The kids are gonna love this."
We know that God loves us enough to create all the things we need to survive, but does God loves us so much Hecreated some things just to make us smile?
Just seeing lightning bugs takes me back to those warm summer nights of my youth. I'd be running around the backyard with my empty Mason jar, racing toward the flashing lights all around me. I can still feel the joy and hear thelaughter echoing through my memories.
Lightning bugs were as much a part of summer as fireworks, fresh tomatoes, and big ice-cold slabs of juicy watermelon.(I also have a theory of why God created watermelon seeds the perfect size to spit, but that is anotherstory.)
God created so much diversity in this world, much more than is needed for mere survival. He made all of this forus, and He wants us to enjoy it. We can get so busy surrounding ourselves with man-made goods that we don'tnotice the living tapestry God has laid out all around us.
I guess lightning bugs do have a purpose after all. They are a reminder of a creative God who loves us so much, He'deven paint the rear end of a bug -- just to see us smile!
How can you get two "disagree" icons and "spam" and "off topic" outta that?....Ok...so the Icon Fairy does like Lightning bugs...I loved them too....Have you every put them on your finger and wore them as a ring???...I have....

Sad thing...they aren't here in SC....It might have to do with the sand....I could google it

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484791 Feb 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
So what does "hell" mean. Eternal fire and torture, or merely "separation" from God, or just annihilation. You see to me its a big Q, as I figure, if xians are right, myself, my wife, and pretty much all my friends and family and everyone I know will go there.
Limited time. Can't stay. Real quick.

Hell is the grave. Even our anointed Savior went to hell when he died. Everyone that dies goes to hell; no exceptions. In the end, even hell is going to be destroyed, though. In this, it'll be impossible for anyone to be tortured forever in hell if hell no longer exists. And not only hell, but death is going to be destroyed, too. Therefore, there'll be no dead, because the dead would serve as evidence of death.

In case anyone decides to mention the proverbial "lake of fire," read about it. According to what's written, only three figures are going to reside in this "lake of fire," and that's the devil, the beast, and the false prophet. None else.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484792 Feb 6, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
G is a Christian? Ha! Does he know this?
I believe in Jesus as the last Levitical Atonement for all Mankind.

Does that make me a Christian ? I think not.

'Chrisitianity' has way to much "baggage" IMO.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484793 Feb 6, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I tell anyone how to live G? When did I say any of that?
When did I say you did ?

When I use generalizations, you throw yourself into the mix. Do you have a 'guilty conscience" ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484794 Feb 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>There is... actually was a limbo type of place before Christ died described in the scriptures... sometimes called Abraham's bosom...
Accordingto the Talmud, it is the place in Sheol where the righteous are gathered.

I think it is just an ancient euphamism along the lines of "Playing checkers with your ancestors". Just means your dead.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#484795 Feb 6, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
please?
don't dare to post male AAA different sizes batery d....
Your random word generator is set to "stupid".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484796 Feb 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Theism... speaking of Christianity in this case doesn't hide the fact of "belief" and "faith" in it's supposition like Atheism does unless one points out that particular elephant in the room.
If you see my posts of the past, I whole-heartedly agree with that.

Our basic "belief" as humans is that there is even a reality. A fact born out nicely in many SciFi stories, esp. "The Matrix".

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#484797 Feb 6, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you lonely?
Need attention?
Do you feel left out?
Did you feel bad because the church doesn't tolerate your 'ideas' as you call it?
Do you feel the need to have people in this thread focus on you so you can ramble on and on and on about how much you disbelieve and your support for anything goes?
I hope you haven't already shared your ideas feller, because they already seem very woefully pathetic and poor. Sorry lad, but I'm being honest with ya.
Counter_Strike.
How about answering the question.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484798 Feb 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ Ians, cont..
...I can't speak for everyone but I know that I have never shrinked back and hidden that fact. The only proof we need is the belief in the greatest love ever... that while we were yet in our sins Christ died, was buried and was raised again on the 3rd day.
And all this is not any material proof that one can show you because it is by faith which we believe.(John 20:29... I Peter 1:8...Hebrews 8:1). I guess this would be what you would call irrational skepticism from your own understanding and worldview. This is what I believe though and the burden really isn't on Christians in this Christian-based thread to prove there's a God. Those that are genuine Believers, our proofs are by faith.
But with the short Christian/Atheist dialogue we've been having on this thread since your arrival and that of your peers... in my short ramp-up on the matter it just leads me to conclude that with all the wisdom of the world which the rational skeptic might seem to exude in a God implausibility... well... I'm starting to find out for myself that Atheism (even through rational skepticism) is mostly philosophical at best and it appears that the new Atheist claims that the sciences justifies it's overtures. From my viewpoint, I just don't see where the neutrality of the sciences makes atheism a valid choice, unless of course, it is in the natural sciences in which evolution is still theorized. Now, the dissemination of evolution in schools and other spheres of influence does not mean true legitamcy imho... it just means that they have a politcal stronghold.
Hey, just for fun... Job is the oldest book in the bible and in Job 38:16 and Genesis 7:11, these verses allude to underwater springs deep in the seas or oceans. Now how would they have known about these underwater springs were only discovered in the 19th or 20th century?(I forget which century)
Nice post. I would love to provide a non-atheiostic scientific response but I don't have the time now. A good subject but perhaps not here, start a new Topix thread at some point ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484799 Feb 6, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. Evolution has been proved by many branches of science. The fossil record for one. Also DNA evidence.
One thing ignored by ID advocates is design flaws. There are plenty in humans and other animals.
The theories of Evolution (there are quite a few) are supported by tangible evidence. They have never been "Proven".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Rednek 71,851
I travel a lot and it affects my dating life 9 min lance63 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Michael 699,463
News Ex-Teacher Back in Jail (May '06) 36 min nutzaplente 4
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 45 min Johnny 56
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 58 min Johnny 9
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 1 hr Johnny 133
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Big Al 995,081
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Big Al 447,425