Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#484695 Feb 5, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I've never claimed to be any sort of scholar in any subject! Why would you lie like that about me? It's one thing if you said that I try to act as if I as a scholar, but saying that I've claimed, at any time, to be a scholar is an outright lie. And you know it.
You're acting like a juvenile, bitter person now, Grace Walker. First, you responded to a person that I was having a discussion with and finished your post by just having to add that I wouldn't believe it, and now this. I know we didn't agree on your "once saved, always saved" doctrine, but I, at least, still respected you. But, now? I guess you are free to behave any which way you want when you believe your salvation is guaranteed. Now, I know.
Excuse me Bll. I thought that I read once where you said you have been a bible scholor for years. I am sorry if I offended you. I truly didnt mean too. You know me well enough by now that If I intended too be mean, I wouldnt apologize over it. Forgive me?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#484696 Feb 5, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Yes, talk about disingenuous. Your answer is nothing but.
Catcher says positive energy works, prayer doesnt (putting it simply). His answer isnt clear, it clashes.........
No.

Prayer has an effect on brains who know about the prayer. It has a psychological effect. That effect is essentially the same as positive thinking, and very similar to the placebo effect. Evidence supports this.

There is no evidence to support that prayer connects a person to a deity, or that prayers or wishes come true.

Do you understand the distinction between wishful thinking and wish fulfillment?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#484697 Feb 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LawEST!
:-)
Lol..........hey there Annie, how're you tonight?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#484698 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
There are those of who say we are to love God, our neighbors and our enemies as we love ourselves whether we will be forgiiven our own trangresions or not. We must also apply the same rules to others as we apply to ourselves.
"For you will be judged the same way you judge others."
When we condemn others to damnation, we are writing our own sporotual death sentence.
Hi G...I agree with you!!~~~whoo hoo~~~ <smile> You know that I am just kidding with you. I had to say that!!:) You are correct though. Thats why I origianlly started posting on WINLAC. I didnt like the way the Christians were condemning the unbelievers to hell all the time. Nobody is better than anyone else. I have to finish my final project in college comp 2..How good are you at thesis statements? This will be my last semester in this course then I get to start Psychology..That should be fun.Have a good night G...PS. I have a confession to make to you. When we first started posting to one another, I thought you were female!! LOL Sorry if I was wrong. Not that it would have mattered anyway. I like you because you seem to have a big heart and a funny personality.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#484699 Feb 5, 2013
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
John 15:26

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
John 16:13
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484700 Feb 5, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I've never claimed to be any sort of scholar in any subject! Why would you lie like that about me? It's one thing if you said that I try to act as if I as a scholar, but saying that I've claimed, at any time, to be a scholar is an outright lie. And you know it.
You're acting like a juvenile, bitter person now, Grace Walker. First, you responded to a person that I was having a discussion with and finished your post by just having to add that I wouldn't believe it, and now this. I know we didn't agree on your "once saved, always saved" doctrine, but I, at least, still respected you. But, now? I guess you are free to behave any which way you want when you believe your salvation is guaranteed. Now, I know.
Yes
You claimed many time your scholarship,
posting own 30 years prodly biblical knowledge, using hebrew few words,and greek few words, debating with all sects around USA

this type of claims is claim of scholarship

also you deceive yourselves and those who read your post.

GW is straight spoken person-like those who sincerely believes at Gods Infalaible Word?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484701 Feb 5, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Excuse me Bll. I thought that I read once where you said you have been a bible scholor for years. I am sorry if I offended you. I truly didnt mean too. You know me well enough by now that If I intended too be mean, I wouldnt apologize over it. Forgive me?
I forgive you, Grace Walker. And I apologize for getting so defensive that I didn't consider the circumstances.

You, merely misunderstood me, then, because I did say that I've been studying the bible and all consisting for almost 30 years. And yes, even I can agree that there's probably many that would consider themselves scholars had they been studying for that duration. But, me, myself? Never. In my opinion, if I ever even thought that such a title applied to me, I'd be doing nothing less than exalting myself. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not even learned. I just have a good memory and can remember things real well when necessary. On top of that, I'm only memorizing the knowledge that's been set long before I was born. And I'm sure you can agree that nothing I know, or memorized, will make not one bit of difference if I don't apply what I've learned. In saying that...

We're good, Grace Walker.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#484702 Feb 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Yes...and some of those Christians have taken up residence on WINLAC! You know...you met some of them!
Yes I have!! I went there and read some of the crap they are saying over there. I decided to leave them in Kaitlins hands..LOL Its sad though! I have a wonderful neice who lives with another female and I love that girl unconditionally. Nobody can make me laugh quite likes she does. She just seems to light up a room whenever she enters into it. And when she talks about the Lord, Her eyes have a shine in them that makes her whole face glow. She is a firefighter in the city that she lives in and she has risk her life numerous times to save another fellow human. She has more love and zill for life than a church full of religious people. She goes to the same church that my mom goes to and they love her just as she is..unconditional love!! I even heard her ask God that If she is wrong for who she loves, then reveal it somehow or take away the desire and... she still loves her!! That is how I truly believe God loves us. Just wanted to share this with you. Not sure why!! I just know that you would understand what I am saying and you are not judgemental at all.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484703 Feb 5, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
... I have to finish my final project in college comp 2..How good are you at thesis statements?..
Two tips for you.

It depends on th eprofessor. Some want you to agree, others like a fresh aproach.

Make the opening and closing remarks are in agreement and that everything in between supports the conclusion.
Many times students get side-tracked while writing and end up with:

This paper is about 'Eating frog legs'
Dr. A supports 'the preservation of tree frogs' endangered species status'
Dr. B's arguement against 'automobile's impact on Global Warming" is unfounded.
Thus 'Italian Ice is better than Frozen Yogurt '.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484704 Feb 5, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
But when the Comforter is come,...
Muhammad ?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484705 Feb 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>UTWO!
I honestly look at tonight at your assembled recors of your internet activity

I sincerely tell you?
If I would be you
I would disapear from here, because your past 2 years records doesn't give good witness who are you?
1/you are pseudo christian
2/verbaly violent
3/insultive creature against others
4/uneducated punk using all kind of slurs and attacks against others
5/ you brought digrace,dishonor,not proper descency about yourselves and others folks like you.
post webs about sex with animals
6/encourage women to have sexes with mule or dogs
7/and you alone have mental disturbance as past gay in your young age-left horible black perverted sexual desires inside of your mind
8/you are to fat,out of natural christian control of food,
9/you shake your own polosh kielbasa once a week?

9/you are lunatic without of work only draw foodstamps of obama SS

there is comming for you soon proper time to receive reward for this
AND YOUR REWARD WILL BE VERY SORRY FOR YOU YOUR LIFE END,AND ENTER HELL WITH INJURED SOUL,AND VILE STUPID NATURE

before entering hell,you will spend rest of your wicked life in prison for spiritual abusive Gods Word, and Lies around and everywhere

so this is truthful evaluation of your wils coyote and wicked spiritual character

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#484706 Feb 5, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I forgive you, Grace Walker. And I apologize for getting so defensive that I didn't consider the circumstances.
You, merely misunderstood me, then, because I did say that I've been studying the bible and all consisting for almost 30 years. And yes, even I can agree that there's probably many that would consider themselves scholars had they been studying for that duration. But, me, myself? Never. In my opinion, if I ever even thought that such a title applied to me, I'd be doing nothing less than exalting myself. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not even learned. I just have a good memory and can remember things real well when necessary. On top of that, I'm only memorizing the knowledge that's been set long before I was born. And I'm sure you can agree that nothing I know, or memorized, will make not one bit of difference if I don't apply what I've learned. In saying that...
We're good, Grace Walker.
Until next time...
Shalowm.
I understand why you would get defensive. We havent always seen eye to eye but lets just get past all of that and share the love with others as we are ask to do. my friend G_O_D will tell you, Him and I rarely see eye to eye but we still remain civil with each other.. Have a good night BLL.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484707 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad ?
he will comfort your stupid a..too?
on the arabic sharaih law grill

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#484708 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad ?
ALI?? Is he still around? LOL

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484709 Feb 5, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
ALI?? Is he still around? LOL
The butterfly has become a mere moth.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#484710 Feb 5, 2013
I'm not condemning or judging anyone. Comments like G's and GW's (that twist what I say) are the exact reason I don't like having these types of discussions, it's all just supposition anyway. Whether Jeffrey Dahmer repented or not, or will go to Heaven or not has absolutely nothing to do with me, nor is it for me to judge or accept blame for his repentance, if he did repent. I'm sticking to my original answer, only God knows. Sorry Annie, I don't want to go into it.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#484711 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I think that is an excellent point
I would add to it that the only difference between their "postie energy" thinking and prayer is that one draws support from an outside force while another draws support from within
There is no proof that one works and the other doesn't yet they have concluded this solely based on a negative predisposition to prayer
You missed several periods. I think you should probably go pick up a home pregnancy test.

There is no proof that prayer works any differently than positive thinking. I don't recall anyone, including myself or Catcher, say that prayer doesn't have an effect.
Skombolis wrote:
In fact I have seen those who call themselves agnostic and atheist right on Topix tell others they are sending out "positive thoughts' for them when they are facing a tough situation or someone in the family is sick or any number of situations that one also might equally pray for
The only difference really between their "positive thoughts" and prayer is they have left the faith and therefore while still believing in the concept on a fundamental level as far as the effectiveness of such an action regardless on what force carries it out yet they don't want to associate with it so they call it positive thoughts.
Telling someone you're thinking of them can have a positive effect on that person. Figuring that out isn't difficult.

Are you going to hijack the power of positive thinking for your deity now?
Skombolis wrote:
Is one sending out positive thoughts that someone gets healthy any more effective than prayer regardless of the source?
Possibly. The relationship between two people and their beliefs will play a role in how communication between them affects the degree of psychological benefit to their health.
Skombolis wrote:
Yet some continue to mock prayer while advocating positive thoughts
It is obvious to me anyway why this is
(T) Peace
Isn't it obvious, that prayer works as well as positive thinking, because that is what it is?

Prayer to all different gods seems to work the same way, and to the same degree.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#484712 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Two tips for you.
It depends on th eprofessor. Some want you to agree, others like a fresh aproach.
Make the opening and closing remarks are in agreement and that everything in between supports the conclusion.
Many times students get side-tracked while writing and end up with:
This paper is about 'Eating frog legs'
Dr. A supports 'the preservation of tree frogs' endangered species status'
Dr. B's arguement against 'automobile's impact on Global Warming" is unfounded.
Thus 'Italian Ice is better than Frozen Yogurt '.
Ok..Here is the introduction. Should I use this or is it too long?

Teens and Social Networking
Do Strangers Know As Much About Your Child As You Do?
With so many young children on social networking sites such as facebook, strangers are allowed to see the daily routine of your child by simply logging onto this site.
Parents who allow their children to participate daily on these social networking sites must understand just how critical it is to monitor everyone that your child befriends and to use parental controls and security on your child’s electronic devises and to not only know who your children hang out with at school, but more importantly, who they hang out with inside their own home, via the internet and social networking sites.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#484713 Feb 5, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I'm not condemning or judging anyone. Comments like G's and GW's (that twist what I say) are the exact reason I don't like having these types of discussions, it's all just supposition anyway. Whether Jeffrey Dahmer repented or not, or will go to Heaven or not has absolutely nothing to do with me, nor is it for me to judge or accept blame for his repentance, if he did repent. I'm sticking to my original answer, only God knows. Sorry Annie, I don't want to go into it.
What did you say Lucy? I was only responding to Annies post. I didnt say that you were condemning anyone. Nothing that I said was even implied to you. I am so sorry that you took it that way. It was not aimed at you. I must have overlooked something. Please dont think that way lucy.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#484714 Feb 5, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed several periods. I think you should probably go pick up a home pregnancy test.
There is no proof that prayer works any differently than positive thinking. I don't recall anyone, including myself or Catcher, say that prayer doesn't have an effect.
<quoted text>
Telling someone you're thinking of them can have a positive effect on that person. Figuring that out isn't difficult.
Are you going to hijack the power of positive thinking for your deity now?
<quoted text>
Possibly. The relationship between two people and their beliefs will play a role in how communication between them affects the degree of psychological benefit to their health.
<quoted text>
Isn't it obvious, that prayer works as well as positive thinking, because that is what it is?
Prayer to all different gods seems to work the same way, and to the same degree.
Besides your humor, you have contributed some very good posts, Tide.

This is one of your best.

As Buck would say, I tip my hat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panelvan 3 min amcat 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Tony17 568,281
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 795,564
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min WasteWater 267,462
Scientific proof for God's existence 20 min lightbeamrider 587
DIY may not be a smart choice (Oct '13) 1 hr jjimprovements 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Fix that rodentloder 120,740
More from around the web