Comments
466,241 - 466,260 of 599,824 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484550 Feb 5, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
But you also say that positive energy will bring you something.
The disconnect is you wont apply those same rules to prayer.
You imply that positive energy will bring positive results but prayer wont.
The bigotry comes in because you are generalizing a group of people with your preconceived notions.
You like Ians automatically assume that prayer is asking for material things Rather then positive outcomes. i feel you do this to continue the rationalization of your preconceived notions against a group of people.
I already know that you'll deny this, but it's fairly obvious.
I think that is an excellent point

I would add to it that the only difference between their "postie energy" thinking and prayer is that one draws support from an outside force while another draws support from within

There is no proof that one works and the other doesn't yet they have concluded this solely based on a negative predisposition to prayer

In fact I have seen those who call themselves agnostic and atheist right on Topix tell others they are sending out "positive thoughts' for them when they are facing a tough situation or someone in the family is sick or any number of situations that one also might equally pray for

The only difference really between their "positive thoughts" and prayer is they have left the faith and therefore while still believing in the concept on a fundamental level as far as the effectiveness of such an action regardless on what force carries it out yet they don't want to associate with it so they call it positive thoughts.

Is one sending out positive thoughts that someone gets healthy any more effective than prayer regardless of the source?

Yet some continue to mock prayer while advocating positive thoughts

It is obvious to me anyway why this is

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#484551 Feb 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
What words did you have difficulty with?

Let me know i will try to help you understand

And just because I don't like having to do something doesn't mean I won't continue to do it.

Do parents enjoy punishing their kids when they misbehave? No

I don't enjoy having to tell someone they are not being forthright. Especially when it is someone I feel is more than capable of being so and still presenting their side effectively

If you still are confused as to the meaning of my post let me know what part specifically still escapes you
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484552 Feb 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
They are trying to kid themselves most of the time. Lying to yourself eith on purpose or by mistake is a common by-product of the religious mind.
adam
they are not only lying to yourselves
but also believes in their own lies,
there is incredible disease of this country,
they think that are chose,heros,noble modern creutur,all the best,...
but at end bunch of cowards,crying bastards,haters, and lost dung generation of 21 century
without of wise imigraants this country would be worse from indian times who killed own red brothers tribes with axes,knifes, and hammers
shame on the global scale

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#484553 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish words could properly describe how little I care
In lieu of that I will settle for what I just posted
:)
Hey Steve, could you send me those questions again please or just direct me to the page so I can respond?

Thanks and shalom!

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#484554 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing. Insightful as always.
I'm ok with you just telling me you didn't understand. That should suffice.

CS.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#484555 Feb 5, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the little girl holding in her hands, cannot make it out.
She sure has the look of ' insecurity, no self esteem, feelng alone and lonely.
Bonjour mon ami/amie. It is a small cloth bag. Traditionally Roma children were not treated well in European schools, I have no doubt that this girl had to hide her heritage from her classmates, a painful reality indeed for one so young.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484556 Feb 5, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Are you french? My grandfather's heritage came from France in the early 1900's to America.
all your records in federal files office,
disply you as polack-russian and demented Liar,
bringing in past torment,persecution,and hate all fellow american citizen who broke the law and were under your prison guard ibservation

better is you apologize them for stole letters from their loveones, destroyed their private goodies,using to many times rod stick to beat those poor people behind bars

and start to try to believe God
because You are godless old crip sick mama receiving now reward for all kinds of wickedness commited against this country fellow citizens

Your lies are defeated, and going to be exposed in proper time of complete reward for your life vile,and wicked hate against citizens
(ALL WHAT YOU DID IT WAS ONLY FOR MONEY,POOR MISERABLE GOVERMENT CHECK=PFUJ)
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484557 Feb 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ok with you just telling me you didn't understand. That should suffice.
CS.
You can be ok with him and many christians Liars

but ask question yourselves?
IF GOD IS OK WITH YOU AND WITH THEM?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#484558 Feb 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not connecting.
All I'm saying is that praying for something may make you feel good, but it won't bring you the "something."
I don't understand why this is bigotry, or what you "expect" from me, or your concern that I'm afraid of something. That's our lack of connection.
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
But you also say that positive energy will bring you something.
The disconnect is you wont apply those same rules to prayer.
You imply that positive energy will bring positive results but prayer wont.
The bigotry comes in because you are generalizing a group of people with your preconceived notions.
You like Ians automatically assume that prayer is asking for material things Rather then positive outcomes. i feel you do this to continue the rationalization of your preconceived notions against a group of people.
I already know that you'll deny this, but it's fairly obvious.
.. funny how people see thinks so differently. My understanding of Catcher's post was in the context of internal dialogue (if you tell yourself you will, you can)..

.. to me, prayer is a form of internal dialogue. Yes, the results can be positive ..

.. once again, a wise man once told me:

When people pray, they talk to God,
When people contemplate, they think,
When people meditate, they listen to God.

.. is Catcher contemplating his thoughts on prayer or demonizing a group of people ??..
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484559 Feb 5, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour mon ami/amie. It is a small cloth bag. Traditionally Roma children were not treated well in European schools, I have no doubt that this girl had to hide her heritage from her classmates, a painful reality indeed for one so young.
Roma people and children were good treated in polish country,and europa,
only kids never had desires to learn or obey school regulamin

kids gipsies never hided their gipsies heritage,they were even allowed to live in the wagon-gipsy trailers on 4 wheels

many time they visit doors of neighbours,one was beging for money,and 2 more kids were stealing goods of this family living in the house

Madam?
You doesn't know true stories about gipsies roma,and your remarks are not thuthful

WHY ALWAYS THOSE WORLD CHRISTIANS ONLY LIE?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484560 Feb 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not connecting.
All I'm saying is that praying for something may make you feel good, but it won't bring you the "something."
I don't understand why this is bigotry, or what you "expect" from me, or your concern that I'm afraid of something. That's our lack of connection.
<quoted text>
.. funny how people see thinks so differently. My understanding of Catcher's post was in the context of internal dialogue (if you tell yourself you will, you can)..
.. to me, prayer is a form of internal dialogue. Yes, the results can be positive ..
.. is Catcher contemplating his thoughts on prayer or demonizing a group of people ??..
fart

Location hidden

#484562 Feb 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Steve, could you send me those questions again please or just direct me to the page so I can respond?
Thanks and shalom!
Andrew (CS).
No problem. My original post was on my phone and for space could not respond direct to your post so you probably did not see it as the post was basically just to the room but with your name on it. I will post it again below. I also added a sentence and corrected a few errors where keyboard lagging left out a word or I mistyped something but basically the exact same post below:

@CS...hey Andrew...had two quick questions for ya.

1) Do you feel Christians should be able to enforce morality thru what we deem sins if it isnt illegal? And if so what would you think about that precedent if Christianity was no longer the majority religion? What if society said to have equal rights you can't eat pork? Or should we simply regulate within our own circles and allow people to worship and live as they see fit so long as legal and not violating the rights of others?

2) You said u still sin every day. I admire the honesty and understand u make an effort not to. But my question is do you view your own sins with the same revulsion as you do homosexuality and also is it fair to expect people not in our faith not to sin when they dont even view it as a sin as we ourselves still sin? Especially since we have been released from our sinful natures, know better, and have God to help us and they do not? Or again do you think we would be better off focusing on our own issues first?

I ask you as a brother and sincerely (T) PEACE

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484563 Feb 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Walker and Mr. S. Put; If you don't sin, then you adhere to the Law, if you sin then you transgress the Law. It's not difficult, just simple comprehension. Unless there's another Law that you keep different from the 10 Commandments. And please don't say 'Grace' because it seems the understanding of the word no matter how often given, is still a mystery to you all.
Psalm 119.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
Perhaps you,(appearing to be an expert on the over 150 meanings of the Greek word and all its various contexts), might wish to explain each and every one of them and the proper context and usage for every particular situation in which it might arise, as intended by the originators of the word itself, rather than attempt to "ban" the use of the word altogether, as it might not agree with your perception of how it should be offered in meaning and context within a sentence or phrase.
Maybe we should ban "bible", as it might be interpreted as just a plain ole' book...or perhaps we should ban the word "god", as there are so many gods to which it could reference also.
Actually, it might be in our best interest to ban language altogether, and go back to drawing pictures, as it will surely offend some individual who dislikes some part of it, and how it might be misinterpreted according to his A THOR O TAY.

Thank you for your time this time,

until next time...

May The ALL/IAM not mistake you for a carcinoma,
and send antibodies to cleanse you from it's system.

Location hidden

#484564 Feb 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:

I like that

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#484565 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that is an excellent point
I would add to it that the only difference between their "postie energy" thinking and prayer is that one draws support from an outside force while another draws support from within
(T) Peace
That's it, Rider on the Storm, Skom states it well.

"Positive energy" draws support from within, and can help achieve results, as in the high jump example I gave. Prayer on the other hand seeks support from an outside force.

I don't believe in "outside forces."

That requires the supernatural, which I reject.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#484566 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What words did you have difficulty with?
Let me know i will try to help you understand
And just because I don't like having to do something doesn't mean I won't continue to do it.
Do parents enjoy punishing their kids when they misbehave? No
I don't enjoy having to tell someone they are not being forthright. Especially when it is someone I feel is more than capable of being so and still presenting their side effectively
If you still are confused as to the meaning of my post let me know what part specifically still escapes you
I had no difficulty with any of your words.

My "huh" was just an expression of incredulity.

Akin to an "OMG, dude."

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#484567 Feb 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not connecting.
<quoted text>
But you didnt even see the original post..........

I have to say also, I knew you would come to his defense. It wasnt hard to deduct though.

I dont agree with skom much, but he may be right on track with this codependency stuff. You guys are always right there to make excuses for the others.

But I will agree with you, for the most part Catcher keeps it respectful. Not honest all the time, but respectful..........

Location hidden

#484568 Feb 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Positive energy" draws support from within, and can help achieve results, as in the high jump example I gave. Prayer on the other hand seeks support from an outside force.
But

1) Would you agree once that process is not an internal one there is no difference as far as proof of effectiveness between prayer and sending out positive thoughts to others? Such as when someone posts to another who has a sick family member "I will be sending positive thoughts your way" and

2) What is it within yourself you feel you are tapping into to achieve greater results? How can one think themselves to jump higher than they are physically capable of? Wouldn't whatever force by definition of the desired results be a supernatural one but simply within yourself?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#484569 Feb 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But i disagree with skoms take on it.

They are both releases of energy. They both come from within and are released with an expectation for a result......

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484570 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing like yours trying to defend you lesbianism by attacking paul.
ROFLMAO

You sure are funny.

Paul attacked by a lesbian! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min macumazahn 732,716
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 257,848
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 32 min bad bob 173,274
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 32 min Commander Bunny 8
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 45 min Ruby88 53,187
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min Oxbow 538,793
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 1 hr Malia 80
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 94,645
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr well 226,244
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••