“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484513 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>really? show that verse writer.
"“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”- Exodus 20:17

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484514 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pitting rational skepticism against fideism here. They are not equivalent.
<quoted text>
Backwards again.
My realization that faith is some sort of a limitation drives me to what I consider to be an intellectually superior alternative: rational skepticism.
<quoted text>
It's not about better people. It's about better ideas.
That sounds good. Except the problem is still just what I said

You come off as someone who believes these "better ideas' come from better people despite your claims to the contrary

You have broad-brushed Christians as people who have zero empathy for hurting others so long as they are forgiven for self-serving reasons, that prayer results in dead children and that Christians believe God punishes people with cancer, that they are all delusional, and that is just a few of the sweeping generalizations you have made

How can anyone with a straight-face claim they don't think they are a better person then the terrible negative (and incorrect) stereotypes they have labeled all Christians with?

I really do not like getting into the habit of questioning someone's integrity but at bare minimum I think you are self-blind

I think you know bigotry is wrong therefore you don't want to see yourself as a bigot but my friend you most certainly are. And if you want a better world you need to start by being a better person

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484515 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>....
No man not going to get upset and angry about what paul say about woman to woman. only a woman would get upset by that.....
What God forsaken Hell hole do you live in ?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#484516 Feb 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!! "G" is a Lesbian???
Dang...I didn't know that...
It must be true though. You are a Christian and Christians would not make stuff up just to insult people...would they. At least not a "true" Christian and I am convinced...you are a "true" one.
I believe she is a woman and a Lesbian based on her writings.

all that true christian foolishness I not into that. Christian is a religion, I not into religion, I into Jesus Christ. not the same thing.

But if you want to think I'm a Christian, that OK. Nothing no wrong with the word [Christian]. Just that the word Christian is associated with a religion Christianity. They are millions of people that follow Jesus, and they not no Christian. I know plenty of muslims and buddhist that follow jesus but they not no christian. And I know plenty of christians, that no follow Jesus.

I no insult her. someone, anyone put something out in public as fact and not opinion, and no have any claim to back it up, is a ignoramus. might be a strong word but not to me.

Location hidden

#484517 Feb 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember in the "Christmas Story" and Ralphie said the BAD word...What happened to him????
Hmmmmm?
j/k
LOL
((*L-))
LOL

Good thing EDU isn't here or Kay would be washing my mouth out with the granny soap for sure!

Anyone heard from either of them btw?

I thought I remember reading Kay stops by FB every so often but haven't heard from EDU in ages
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484518 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; etc.
Nice one. Thats what I said!

Location hidden

#484519 Feb 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
Skombolis "it is a shame to see all this intellect IMO wasted on trying to stereotype all people of faith as negatively as possible. Why not simply allow for the fact that God may or may not exist since it can't be proven and focus your energy on what can be done to make religion and society interact better? You are never getting rid of religion. You are never eliminating it from people's lives so therefore your goal of eliminating its impact on politics or society is a pipe dream."
Thats a good point. But I think you could turn it around and say having your faith tested is good for you. And as the "good book" says you will have tribulation but be of good cheer ;)
An interesting point

Perhaps this is a test

I have not done so well with the 'good cheer' portion of it!

I am trying to make it more about the issues and less about just swapping insults

I do feel an obligation to call something for what I truly believe it is such as things I feel promote a bigoted way of thinking but I am trying to reel in the other stuff

(T) Peace

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484520 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”- Exodus 20:17
I think this commandment is the one most often broken.

God thought "envy/coveting/jealousy " was important enough to give it a place within those 10 Commandments. If it was so important...why is it one that you seldom see argued about? Is it because it is a "thought crime"...one that is not seen. Or is it because we ALL commit this one so it gets swept under the rug.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484521 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
iyai.

What this have to do with slavery?

You mean the word male servant? how you know the make servant is not a cook, or a baker? how you know the female servant is not a maid or hairdresser?

All the verse mean is don't be envious and covet you neighbor. it talking about jealousy, hate and envy.

Now you going to show what Paul say that Jesus would disagree with lady?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484522 Feb 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you trifecta...I understand what you are saying...and clearer on who you are.
well good I could hep you with that.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484523 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe she is a woman and a Lesbian based on her writings......
You believe a lot crap that exists only in your imagination.

Location hidden

#484524 Feb 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you think co-dependency is bad ??..
.. to me, the rejection of dependency refutes mankind's basic instincts for nurturing, group cooperation and spiritual advancement ..
.. we are dependent on each other, intertwined ..
Being dependent on one another for some things can be healthy

Not being able to function as an individual without a group to prop you up is a bad thing

I would think it rather obvious the type of co-dependency I have been referring to

Some interesting reading on Co-dependency disorder

http://samvak.tripod.com/personalitydisorders...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484525 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What God forsaken Hell hole do you live in ?
nothing like yours trying to defend you lesbianism by attacking paul.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484526 Feb 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one. Thats what I said!
Agreed.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484529 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe a lot crap that exists only in your imagination.
fine. But I still believe you is a woman, and a lesbian. That what I conclude based on you writings. you can conclude about me what you want to, you have my permission. haha.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484531 Feb 5, 2013
manoo wrote:
<quoted text>you Americans are very strange indeed you should try sleeping with cows
I'll just take your word for it manoo...

There is that thing about sex outside of marriage and it is illegal in the states to marry a cow...though some men think their wives are cows! Not most of them...but a few.

It is human nature for one to think that what they don't understand is strange. I'm okay with that...how about you?

Location hidden

#484533 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Purgatory is not the same as Limbo.
True

I have never seen someone do a Purgatory contest at a party

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484535 Feb 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I used to think that Peter never did set foot in Rome either but I don't know... the bible isn't clear on that and like you insinuated there is a catholic tradition that alludes that he did go to Rome... but I dunno.
Heheh..It's like a good spy mystery Qu...with petra-peter-mithra-east ortho-west ortho, the debacle of the popes & emperors, and the amazing silence of the world record thieves in the golden city. Makes ya wonder what was/is really going on...and you christians, trying ta pull the truth and goodness out of the butchers bloodbath of a sorted past that even satan would have needed help ta pull off and having ta suffer the stains of it still ta this day.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484536 Feb 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you think you are the only one who can read
or
you think that you speak for god
the size of your ego, suggests the latter
I have no ego Karl~ I am a wife and stay at home mom for the past 31 yrs (c:

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484537 Feb 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
when you take responsibility for the filth of your religion
Wrongful actions done by humans "in the name of The Lord" is what has twisted your view~ That does not make God or His love for you diminish. Nor does it make Him at fault.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Dally Mama 750,348
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 17 min siva 185
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min June VanDerMark 548,489
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 47 min Dave Nelson 229,928
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 5,455
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 261,641
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Tim Osman 118,656
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr top 1,070
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 19 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE