Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484537 Feb 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
when you take responsibility for the filth of your religion
Wrongful actions done by humans "in the name of The Lord" is what has twisted your view~ That does not make God or His love for you diminish. Nor does it make Him at fault.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484539 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "some". You said I was wrong. You were wrong.
Sorry Duane- I thought that you painted with your usual wider brush . Granted- some ?Christians? don't want nons to have blessings or the offer of salvation~ and not ALL nons want ALL references to God elliminated .

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484540 Feb 5, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey (((Deb)))
(c:

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484541 Feb 5, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Again nice try!
I don't see how livin life is an indicator there is a GOD.
Are you implying believers live a better life?
"Joy" and "Direction", who-ya trying to kidd?
<<<<<<<SM OOOOOOOOCH>>>>> >>>>>> You wont believe me until you try it dear man (c:

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484543 Feb 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
when you take responsibility for the filth of your religion
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you NOT recognize what the LACK of God in YOUR life has done to you Karl.
Look at your temperment ~ compared to the temperment of Epihany. I don't read enough of your posts to know if you have shared what you blame for making you this way. Sometimes what other
'?Christians?' have done is what causes this type of attitude you have. DO you want to talk about it?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#484544 Feb 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not connecting.
All I'm saying is that praying for something may make you feel good, but it won't bring you the "something."
I don't understand why this is bigotry, or what you "expect" from me, or your concern that I'm afraid of something. That's our lack of connection.
But you also say that positive energy will bring you something.

The disconnect is you wont apply those same rules to prayer.

You imply that positive energy will bring positive results but prayer wont.

The bigotry comes in because you are generalizing a group of people with your preconceived notions.

You like Ians automatically assume that prayer is asking for material things Rather then positive outcomes. i feel you do this to continue the rationalization of your preconceived notions against a group of people.

I already know that you'll deny this, but it's fairly obvious.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484546 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

And your church pays a price for teaching people to think like that. It is one of the chief reasons many of us want to see it crippled. It would be wiser of the church to be proactive and police itself.
But I think we all know that that's never going to happen. It will have to be done for them.
I address some of this in another post but I question what you probably see as the "church"

There are some people within Christianity that have promoted discrimination and singling out of sins while ignoring many sins that would reduce the flow to the coffers or offend other members such as divorce, adultery, pre-maritial sex, etc. Nobody would dare withhold communion to anyone who is divorced.

There are also many people within the church who strongly oppose such a position and people who speak out against it

I don't deny within certain circles there would be a backlash for one speaking their mind. Then again where doesn't that exist on anything contrarian exists to someone else's way of thinking? People both pro and con take heat for speaking their mind

But there is no "church" promoting some official policy. There are simply members within the church who feel as they do and members within the church who don't agree. And that battle may be a long one or one that never fully goes away

But at the end of the day there is just people. And if you want to address problems with people you don't go after an institution they happen to belong to which has no policy agreeing with much of what some people promote. What you do is try to get people to embrace a different way of thinking. Some of the avenues that should be pursued I have mentioned such as how can we move on to other people's sins while we still sin and we are the ones who believe we have been released from being controlled from our sinful nature and know sin to be wrong yet still do it. Other areas would be education, science, life experience, etc

For example the "lifestyle" versus "how someone is born" really isn't much of a debate scientifically IMO. Nobody chooses to be straight any more than someone chooses to be gay. Another is education when it comes to attaching such strong civil rights to marriage. I doubt many even know or think to consider what they are doing far expands outside of marriage itself and denies very important rights such as spousal privileged, medical decisions, and citizenship. And life experience is generally the biggest one. Some people tend to dehumanize people who are gay without getting to know people who are gay. I think if they did the latter they would be less inclined to do the former

But as convenient as it would be to have a centralized target there is not one to blame. There are simply some people within an organization of millions upon millions that imo need to learn more about this issue

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484547 Feb 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Just for clarity, you were responding to my "atheism and science" are very different things.
While (imho) it is true that microscopes and telescopes are different... they are alike with science in that they are neutral. I don't think atheism is a good allegory for either because it is flawed in that it is prejudiced on a supposition... that God does not exist.
Capn, allow me to use this allegory if I may as I can compare the science figuring out the physics of the universe and our own existence to a simple allegory... say you bought a cake from an exclusive shop but you find out later that the cake was brought in and would be discontinued shortly. Now this was the best, the most delectable cake that you have ever tasted in your "short" lifespan (lol) and you wanted to know the recipe. You search and you look extensively for it but you can't find the recipe anywhere. You find out that it is a proprietary recipe. Now if you had the wherewithal, the science, knowledge, equipment and the processes to break down a sample of the cake... well, eventually you would find out exactly what was put inside to make it and perhaps even the amounts.
But with all that ingenuity and know-how... it will tell you what is inside of it BUT it will not tell you WHO created the recipe and made it. Because it is a cake and did not just "happen" all by itself... and it did not just "throw itself together" in perfect harmony ---> common sense lets us know that it was created by "someone".
The medium that helped you find out what was inside the cake was neutral... it had nothing to gain either way. The same it is with science. Now DNA will tell you who the daddy is obviously but it won't tell you who created the human race in the first place.
Nen nen.. My reference was no different in respect to content and purpose than yours is here.
It is not the purpose of science to disprove any "god(s)"...any more than it is the intent of a car to arrive in a parking lot. Neither have the ability to do either. They are simply tools that enhance the capability of the operators, and should be utilized to the best of their ability in that effort. To attribute the status of "conscious entity" to either, would be an act of delusion, and a misappropriation of the intent and purpose of both. I would like to make the point that the tool is also limited to the ability of the operator who utilizes that tool at the time.
I like the "DNA" reference BTW.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#484548 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do not like getting into the habit of questioning someone's integrity
Huh?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484549 Feb 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
go f.....dumb polack with foodstamps card
find job instead seating like parasite on this topic?

Location hidden

#484550 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
The bigotry comes in because you are generalizing a group of people with your preconceived notions.
You like Ians automatically assume that prayer is asking for material things Rather then positive outcomes. i feel you do this to continue the rationalization of your preconceived notions against a group of people.
I think that is an excellent point

I would add to it that the only difference between their "postie energy" thinking and prayer is that one draws support from an outside force while another draws support from within

There is no proof that one works and the other doesn't yet they have concluded this solely based on a negative predisposition to prayer

In fact I have seen those who call themselves agnostic and atheist right on Topix tell others they are sending out "positive thoughts' for them when they are facing a tough situation or someone in the family is sick or any number of situations that one also might equally pray for

The only difference really between their "positive thoughts" and prayer is they have left the faith and therefore while still believing in the concept on a fundamental level as far as the effectiveness of such an action regardless on what force carries it out yet they don't want to associate with it so they call it positive thoughts.

Is one sending out positive thoughts that someone gets healthy any more effective than prayer regardless of the source?

Yet some continue to mock prayer while advocating positive thoughts

It is obvious to me anyway why this is

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#484551 Feb 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
What words did you have difficulty with?

Let me know i will try to help you understand

And just because I don't like having to do something doesn't mean I won't continue to do it.

Do parents enjoy punishing their kids when they misbehave? No

I don't enjoy having to tell someone they are not being forthright. Especially when it is someone I feel is more than capable of being so and still presenting their side effectively

If you still are confused as to the meaning of my post let me know what part specifically still escapes you
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484552 Feb 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
They are trying to kid themselves most of the time. Lying to yourself eith on purpose or by mistake is a common by-product of the religious mind.
adam
they are not only lying to yourselves
but also believes in their own lies,
there is incredible disease of this country,
they think that are chose,heros,noble modern creutur,all the best,...
but at end bunch of cowards,crying bastards,haters, and lost dung generation of 21 century
without of wise imigraants this country would be worse from indian times who killed own red brothers tribes with axes,knifes, and hammers
shame on the global scale

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#484553 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish words could properly describe how little I care
In lieu of that I will settle for what I just posted
:)
Hey Steve, could you send me those questions again please or just direct me to the page so I can respond?

Thanks and shalom!

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#484554 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing. Insightful as always.
I'm ok with you just telling me you didn't understand. That should suffice.

CS.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#484555 Feb 5, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the little girl holding in her hands, cannot make it out.
She sure has the look of ' insecurity, no self esteem, feelng alone and lonely.
Bonjour mon ami/amie. It is a small cloth bag. Traditionally Roma children were not treated well in European schools, I have no doubt that this girl had to hide her heritage from her classmates, a painful reality indeed for one so young.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484556 Feb 5, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Are you french? My grandfather's heritage came from France in the early 1900's to America.
all your records in federal files office,
disply you as polack-russian and demented Liar,
bringing in past torment,persecution,and hate all fellow american citizen who broke the law and were under your prison guard ibservation

better is you apologize them for stole letters from their loveones, destroyed their private goodies,using to many times rod stick to beat those poor people behind bars

and start to try to believe God
because You are godless old crip sick mama receiving now reward for all kinds of wickedness commited against this country fellow citizens

Your lies are defeated, and going to be exposed in proper time of complete reward for your life vile,and wicked hate against citizens
(ALL WHAT YOU DID IT WAS ONLY FOR MONEY,POOR MISERABLE GOVERMENT CHECK=PFUJ)
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484557 Feb 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ok with you just telling me you didn't understand. That should suffice.
CS.
You can be ok with him and many christians Liars

but ask question yourselves?
IF GOD IS OK WITH YOU AND WITH THEM?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#484558 Feb 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not connecting.
All I'm saying is that praying for something may make you feel good, but it won't bring you the "something."
I don't understand why this is bigotry, or what you "expect" from me, or your concern that I'm afraid of something. That's our lack of connection.
<quoted text>
.. funny how people see thinks so differently. My understanding of Catcher's post was in the context of internal dialogue (if you tell yourself you will, you can)..

.. to me, prayer is a form of internal dialogue. Yes, the results can be positive ..

.. once again, a wise man once told me:

When people pray, they talk to God,
When people contemplate, they think,
When people meditate, they listen to God.

.. is Catcher contemplating his thoughts on prayer or demonizing a group of people ??..
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484559 Feb 5, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour mon ami/amie. It is a small cloth bag. Traditionally Roma children were not treated well in European schools, I have no doubt that this girl had to hide her heritage from her classmates, a painful reality indeed for one so young.
Roma people and children were good treated in polish country,and europa,
only kids never had desires to learn or obey school regulamin

kids gipsies never hided their gipsies heritage,they were even allowed to live in the wagon-gipsy trailers on 4 wheels

many time they visit doors of neighbours,one was beging for money,and 2 more kids were stealing goods of this family living in the house

Madam?
You doesn't know true stories about gipsies roma,and your remarks are not thuthful

WHY ALWAYS THOSE WORLD CHRISTIANS ONLY LIE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Clearwater 110,954
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 36 min Retribution 303
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 58 min Tony 6,234
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 675,944
Apr 30 President Trump: "News Media Twists Fac... 4 hr Wtf 1
News Trump invites Philippines Duterteto Washington,... 6 hr discocrisco 1
News AP Explains: Can chronic meth use lead to psych... 6 hr discocrisco 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr AussieBobby 286,315
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Devil number 666 982,120
More from around the web