Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484501 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Chrisatians say "God said...." when it is actualy Paul's human opinion.
Paul is treated like a God, often more so than Jesus.
I am an ex-c so dont wish to defend wacky beliefs, but the above is factually wrong. I think what you mean, is that the words of Paul are given more weight by Christians, than the words of Jesus.

I switched over the other night to Jimmy Swaggart's "Message of the Cross" on TV, and they are very much Pauline Christians, seemingly obsessed with Paul's theology. Other Christians place little emphasis of Paul. They are a varied bunch.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#484502 Feb 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
The last of the 10 commandments equates women with livestock and slaves, if memory serves. Whats your take on that?
really? show that verse writer.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#484503 Feb 5, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You've just described prayer also.
To disclude it is your own bigotry, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
What are you so afraid of?
We're not connecting.

All I'm saying is that praying for something may make you feel good, but it won't bring you the "something."

I don't understand why this is bigotry, or what you "expect" from me, or your concern that I'm afraid of something. That's our lack of connection.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484504 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>what evidence? is pure fantasy and myth.
You say Paul is homosexual, that myth. You no write any evidence on here to prove that. You say Paul is not a Jew, that myth. You no write anything on here to prove that.
Is all made up delusions in you head. You just no like Paul because Paul condemn you Lesbianism.
You can't stand Paul, because paul shove you immorality in you face.
WOW!!! "G" is a Lesbian???

Dang...I didn't know that...

It must be true though. You are a Christian and Christians would not make stuff up just to insult people...would they. At least not a "true" Christian and I am convinced...you are a "true" one.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484505 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Christianity continuously applies pressure to grow - to invade and intrude. It can be compared to kudzu. You have to push it back or watch it overgrow you. It will control any government that will let it. And it will control any life that will let it, or that it can.
Aaah...we do have things in common...I used the kudzu example once...how pervasive it is and how difficult to eradicate.

Not sure if I got any brownie points for that one! LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484506 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. I must be a lesbian. LOL
I just got through reading that...shame on you for hiding it...get out of that closet "G" and...be who you are!!!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484507 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>that writer is a woman.
No man not going to get upset and angry about what paul say about woman to woman. only a woman would get upset by that.
That freethinker homosexual catcher writer. that is a man. he argue what the bible say about man to man.
Why you think calling someone an ignoramus is an insult? how is it an insult if it true?
She..
say paul gay, no evidence. She say paul not a jew, no evidence. She say a whole bunch of stuff on here that she can't back up. is just her opinion from her mind.
she have all right to state her opinion, and I have all right to write her opinions not based on any expert writings or historical writings, but is a pure manufacturing of her own mind.
All laws in the U.S start with the 10 commandments. All laws in europe start with the 10 commandments. It no matter if is civil law, criminal law, domestic laws or even corporate law. it all go back to the 10 commandments.
Thank you trifecta...I understand what you are saying...and clearer on who you are.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484508 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you can go all day and night denying it which just make me believe it even more, or you can leave it alone and let me believe what I believe.
Control issue...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484509 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Once again, my slow learning friend, I am not trying to get rid of religion. That is neither possible, nor necessary.
But that church? That's a different story. I consider it a victory not when a person converts to atheism, but when they repudiate the church, and stop allowing it to determine who they hate and how they'll vote. That is why "irreligious" and "none of the above" is a much more important number than the fraction using the words "atheist," "agnostic," "freethinker," "humanist," and "skeptic."
You can be Buddhist, Jainist, Taoist or Bahai, and I'm cool with that, because you won't promote atheophobia, homophobia, sexual prudery and guilt, hatred of science, the demeaning of mankind, or any of the other gifts that your church has given us.
Please show me what church you are referring to and show me where in today's age they have done what you claim which is:

" atheophobia, homophobia, sexual prudery and guilt, hatred of science, the demeaning of mankind, or any of the other gifts that your church has given us."

I mean surely you are not so stuck in the past that you would try to get rid of something (and yeah that's not delusion of grandeur from 5% of the nation talking) based on what happened in history are you? If that were the case you would be raging against America for internment camps and slavery and women rights

So just find something relatively recent and please show where any of this has happened. To the best of my knowledge the church has no official policy other than it recognizes homosexuality as a sin. Please show me where they are guilty in all these other areas.

Mind you I would like official policies

I mean surely a staunch American such as yourself doesn't wasn't to take down institutions because some members within it have exercised their right to free-speech. Why that would be absurd and quite frankly an example of the bigotry I have been talking about to broad brush an entire organization because a few of its millions of members have offensive personal feelings

But i await your evidence. Perhaps i have it all wrong

Location hidden

#484510 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
When I criticize you, it is not for being a Christian. It is for your behavior.
You claim that but you don't stick to that. You keep making broad generalizations based on the smallest of minorities and stereotype all of faith. How can you not see that?

I just read another posts of yours deducing Christians would believe God gives people cancer? Where do you base this on? My father has cancer and my cousin and brother-in-law have died of it. I have never believed God gave anybody cancer

Here is a word you may want to start using before you ever type the word 'Christians' and that is the word 'some'. An even more honest phrase might be "a very small minority of"

It helps to reduce the bigotry

Location hidden

#484511 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
A god may exist. "God" - Jehovah-Jesus - does not.
<quoted text>
And your proof of this is what?

You do know even outside historians have documented the hanging of Christus right?

That doesn't prove he was God but it makes your claim to know he wasn't eve more curious. What do you base that on?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484512 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>really? show that verse writer.
Exodus 20:17 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”

Coveting neighbor's wife ass?

The bible translators call slaves servants, as its more PC.

If you look at it w/out faith glasses, you can see that wives are equated with a hebrew's slaves and livestock. Thats how the primitive bronze age desert ppl lived.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484513 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>really? show that verse writer.
"“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”- Exodus 20:17

Location hidden

#484514 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You're pitting rational skepticism against fideism here. They are not equivalent.
<quoted text>
Backwards again.
My realization that faith is some sort of a limitation drives me to what I consider to be an intellectually superior alternative: rational skepticism.
<quoted text>
It's not about better people. It's about better ideas.
That sounds good. Except the problem is still just what I said

You come off as someone who believes these "better ideas' come from better people despite your claims to the contrary

You have broad-brushed Christians as people who have zero empathy for hurting others so long as they are forgiven for self-serving reasons, that prayer results in dead children and that Christians believe God punishes people with cancer, that they are all delusional, and that is just a few of the sweeping generalizations you have made

How can anyone with a straight-face claim they don't think they are a better person then the terrible negative (and incorrect) stereotypes they have labeled all Christians with?

I really do not like getting into the habit of questioning someone's integrity but at bare minimum I think you are self-blind

I think you know bigotry is wrong therefore you don't want to see yourself as a bigot but my friend you most certainly are. And if you want a better world you need to start by being a better person

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484515 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>....
No man not going to get upset and angry about what paul say about woman to woman. only a woman would get upset by that.....
What God forsaken Hell hole do you live in ?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#484516 Feb 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!! "G" is a Lesbian???
Dang...I didn't know that...
It must be true though. You are a Christian and Christians would not make stuff up just to insult people...would they. At least not a "true" Christian and I am convinced...you are a "true" one.
I believe she is a woman and a Lesbian based on her writings.

all that true christian foolishness I not into that. Christian is a religion, I not into religion, I into Jesus Christ. not the same thing.

But if you want to think I'm a Christian, that OK. Nothing no wrong with the word [Christian]. Just that the word Christian is associated with a religion Christianity. They are millions of people that follow Jesus, and they not no Christian. I know plenty of muslims and buddhist that follow jesus but they not no christian. And I know plenty of christians, that no follow Jesus.

I no insult her. someone, anyone put something out in public as fact and not opinion, and no have any claim to back it up, is a ignoramus. might be a strong word but not to me.

Location hidden

#484517 Feb 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember in the "Christmas Story" and Ralphie said the BAD word...What happened to him????
Hmmmmm?
j/k
LOL
((*L-))
LOL

Good thing EDU isn't here or Kay would be washing my mouth out with the granny soap for sure!

Anyone heard from either of them btw?

I thought I remember reading Kay stops by FB every so often but haven't heard from EDU in ages
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484518 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; etc.
Nice one. Thats what I said!

Location hidden

#484519 Feb 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
Skombolis "it is a shame to see all this intellect IMO wasted on trying to stereotype all people of faith as negatively as possible. Why not simply allow for the fact that God may or may not exist since it can't be proven and focus your energy on what can be done to make religion and society interact better? You are never getting rid of religion. You are never eliminating it from people's lives so therefore your goal of eliminating its impact on politics or society is a pipe dream."
Thats a good point. But I think you could turn it around and say having your faith tested is good for you. And as the "good book" says you will have tribulation but be of good cheer ;)
An interesting point

Perhaps this is a test

I have not done so well with the 'good cheer' portion of it!

I am trying to make it more about the issues and less about just swapping insults

I do feel an obligation to call something for what I truly believe it is such as things I feel promote a bigoted way of thinking but I am trying to reel in the other stuff

(T) Peace

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484520 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”- Exodus 20:17
I think this commandment is the one most often broken.

God thought "envy/coveting/jealousy " was important enough to give it a place within those 10 Commandments. If it was so important...why is it one that you seldom see argued about? Is it because it is a "thought crime"...one that is not seen. Or is it because we ALL commit this one so it gets swept under the rug.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min nanoanomaly 974,638
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min IT Guy 445,504
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 28 min Aussie Kev 2,981
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Pad 658,408
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr nanoanomaly 70,108
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,446
Will Barack Obama be the Biblical anti-Christ? 1 hr Truth Teller 8
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr Johnny 4,936
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Brian_G 282,869
More from around the web