Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#484437 Feb 5, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that simple and it's not for us to judge. He was judged by the Law of man and he will be judged by God as well.
Asking me what God's judgement will or might be is an exercise in futility, how could I possibly know?
.. hi ya Luci ..

.. perhaps our harshest critic is self ??..

With Established Harem

#484438 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Ask yours about co-dependency. See if you and your boys can get a group discount.
.. you think co-dependency is bad ??..

.. to me, the rejection of dependency refutes mankind's basic instincts for nurturing, group cooperation and spiritual advancement ..

.. we are dependent on each other, intertwined ..
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484439 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt.”- Mike Huben
Faith is belief without evidence. This is what believers need to get their heads around.. our beliefs need to be JUSTIFIED by good evidence. We cant just pick and chose what makes us feel good.

With Established Harem

#484440 Feb 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I rejected evolution a long time ago.
.. so, you're a creationalist, correct? OK ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Oh come on.
recently I used a simple science of mixing baking soda with white vinegar to unclog a drain in my sink.
.. mixing two ingredients is not a scientific discipline ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>The truth is, you have a hunch, an idea, a theory... a BELIEF that God does not exist but you cannot prove it.
.. do you think you know me ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Science is neutral. I must say that problems arises in sciences when they cook the books...
just like the global warming scientists did a couple years back when they got busted on those e-mails... just so that they could keep the monies flowing in..
.. like evolution, global warning is a fact. The unethical actions of a few scientists do not condemn the many ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's try something easier and perhaps a little more tangible since we know that it exists... use the scientific method to prove the existence of
consciousness.
.. did you want to debate an emergent consciousness ??..

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484441 Feb 5, 2013
A child dying of cancer is an even sadder thing.
You like to place blame, right? Let's extrapolate your thoughts. If children getting cancer is man's fault, then according to Christian belief, children dying of cancer would be your god's fault, or yours for not praying with enough faith. Man made carcinogens should be no obstacle at all to your god, who only requires is a mustard seed of faith for your prayers to move mountains.
Will you blame your indolent god and your impotent prayers as quickly as you blame mankind?
I've been reading the posts I've missed since yesterday. And although I don't necessarily agree with you on your views regarding the existence of "God", I do enjoy reading your posts. I finally go to this post, quoted above, when a thought flashed in my mind like a strike of lightning...

"I'm sure atheists have always existed, right along side theists. But, Christendom has done wonders conceiving and birthing more atheists. Christendom has done wonders strengthening their arguments."

And that saddens me. Believers have failed you. Speaking for myself and really hoping that I don't sound condescending, I'm sorry. I truly wish our history wasn't as it is.

The ride's not over, though...

With Established Harem

#484442 Feb 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>*PORTIONS SNIPPED**

You're just as bad as the gays coming in here believing they actually have rights when what they have are wrongs.
.. are you saying homosexuals shouldn't have rights ??..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the people who make it worse for the gays because you just can't seem to sit your ego down and stop bringing even more negative attention on them.
.. no, he doesn't. AIN endorses human rights for all, including you. We have the same cause ..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need your help feller.
.. yes, we do. Any type of prejudice is unacceptable and people like AINs speak out against it ..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just a fancy speech hypocrite that believes he's intelligent because he can string a few words together seemingly coherently, when you're
nothing but poor example of a human being who calls himself an ape.
.. yes, AIN is an ape, an intelligent, caring ape. And, you ??..

With Established Harem

#484443 Feb 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>I'm becoming more and more convinced that you have never actually been saved.
.. you do not have the right to judge, qualify or quantify SKOM's belief system ..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484444 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I take it you is a woman. you seem to get very angry that Paul speak out against homosexuality among women, I wonder why.
The OT is written by men just like Paul you gigantic ignoramus. Why is just Paul you obsessed with? because Paul talk about sin that you no want to give up ya pervert.
Why do you think "G" is a woman based on his opinion of Paul?

It is interesting that you think "G" is a pervert and a gigantic ignoramus simply because he disagrees with Paul's writing.

You might possibly be right about all of it if you are basing it on fact. If however you are just hurling insults then the problem is yours and not "G"s.

I am also waiting to read your opinion on my response to your statement that our civil laws are based on the 10 Commandments. If you replied I missed it. I don't always read every page.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#484445 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
you say: "Furthermore, each describes a different god, contradicting not just one another, but themselves from telling to retelling. That's how I know that the god visions are in their heads"

This is what one would call 'junk science' as your premise is faulty and based on facts not in evidence. Where have you proven for God to be real He would have to appear to look the same to every person?
Dude - you each describe a different god. The evidence is everywhere. This thread is rife with it.
Skombolis wrote:
In Acts people all heard in their native tongues. Why would it be so unusual to think people may see God as they have come to think of him?
It's not. It's expected for the reasons I gave. I expect people to describe the sun and moon in more or less terms, but not their dreams.
Skombolis wrote:
What I found most intriguing about this post though is you wanted to know if your inability to see God was due to some problem with you. So to get an answer to that you looked at other people! Does that make any sense to you? Would you do that in any other area of introspection?
Um, yes. I don't know why the concept is foreign to you.

If you want to know which aspects of your experience are more subjective and which are more objective, you ask other people about their experiences.

"Did you just hear something, too?" If everybody says no, it means something different than if everybody says yes.

"Try this tutti frutti ice cream. It's cold, sweet and delicious"

You experience it as cold, sweet, and not so tasty. Guess which of those qualities is mostly coming from you, and which is mostly inherent in the ice cream.

In both examples, I learn about myself by questioning others.
Skombolis wrote:
What does make sense to me is you really wanted to find a reason to tell yourself that the problem was not with you which made it very easy for you to convince yourself it wasn't as you rarely think the problem is with you. And true to form you decided the problem wasn't you by putting the blame on others Look inward
You're such a sage.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484446 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So you is a woman. What you telling me thanks for, I was not talking to you. you hallucinating again?
Again...why do you think "G" is a female based on the fact that he told you thanks for writing a post that he agreed with?

All this time I thought "G" was a male...silly me.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484447 Feb 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
It is simple JL...
I have read bits and pieces of this discussion but I am not much in to scenario situations so have not responded to it but...
I keep seeing people say "they do not know the mind of God".
Your Bible plainly states what his mind is concerning JD...
If he died not accepting...then he is in hell.
If he accepted and asked for his forgiveness...he will enter heaven.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
ALL sins are forgiven...the slate wiped clean...as if you never sinned.
I might be wrong but I don't recall ever reading that God forgives but only after I torture you for a while...
I might be wrong but I don't recall ever reading that God will let you in but you will spend your life in some prison because of certain sins.
There are some that believe that your acts on earth will win you rewards in heaven...I don't know but if that is true the your faith would be act driven...got to earn some more points so that you can have as many rewards as the other guy. I don't know...that isn't really the issue here though.
The only thing that you don't know is...if JD accepted...if he is one of those whosoeverbelieveth people.
I know that it is hard to admit that someone such as JD will be reward the same as others but...according to what your Bible says...he will.
Would God leave out part of the instructions...would he leave out conditions...that would be a little unfair don't you thing? You did everything that he asks...only to get there and the goal posts have changed.
There are parts of the Christian faith...things in the Bible...that just don't have that feel good affect JL. To believe you have to accept those not so good also.
Remember...you can't say that God wipes the slate clean when you give your life to him...then turn around and hope that God punishes one of you because YOU don't like the sins of another.
IMO...it is as simple as that.
Ask yourself...did God forgive ALL of your sins when you accepted him into your life? If so...then why would he not forgive ALL of JD's if he too accepted?
And the answer is...

Matthew 20:1-15
For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.
Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.
And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?
They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.
But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.
And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#484448 Feb 5, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about disingenuous...
Prayer to Zeus, Yahweh, Thor, or the FSM is all the same as long as the person believes their prayer will be heard. There's never been any evidence to support the claim that prayers change reality outside of the minds of believers. Positive thinking, prayer, and the placebo effect, are pretty much the same phenomenon.
Catcher's answer was clear, not disingenuous.
Yes, talk about disingenuous. Your answer is nothing but.

Catcher says positive energy works, prayer doesnt (putting it simply). His answer isnt clear, it clashes.........

#484449 Feb 5, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello friend (c:
I promise prayers were said and also praises are going up because the boy was rescued.
Hey (((Deb)))

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484450 Feb 5, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean that I would not tell a gay person that they are immoral just as I would not tell a divorced or black person that they are immoral. I mean exactly what I said.
I understood what you meant.

Sadly there was a time and there still are those that base someone's worth on the color of their skin or by their nationality and also their faith or lack of.

#484451 Feb 5, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rider;
Thanks for this update as been following all the updates.
I final caught it on the evening news out here.
How ever the why's and what for's were left unanswered.
Thank again.
Hey (((LW)))

#484452 Feb 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so.
Your attitude IS very powerful, and positive energy DOES work.
But not in the sense that it can influence things outside your control.
For example, if a high jumper is ready to perform, and she looks at the bar 6' high, and takes a deep breath, and truly believes she can jump over the bar, she has a far better chance than if she says to herself that it's unlikely she can get over the barrier.
In that sense, in the sense that you have influence over your actions by your attitude and positive energy, of course!!
You've just described prayer also.

To disclude it is your own bigotry, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

What are you so afraid of?
mike

AOL

#484453 Feb 5, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Q. "How would non-believers know when a GOD is showing love,mercy,or grace ?"
Like believers~ Non believers have air to breathe, health, food ,water, shelter~ sunshine in the morn', flowers,pets, stars at night- the moon~
Non believers up to a certain day- as decided by God- have another moment to be given another chance to ask God-
"Are You for real?" another chance to accept His offer to have joy and direction while still on the planet.
Love,Deb~
Again nice try!

I don't see how livin life is an indicator there is a GOD.

Are you implying believers live a better life?

"Joy" and "Direction", who-ya trying to kidd?

#484454 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Attitude is important, but not that one. Being in a prayerful state of mind is merely being hopeful, not constructive nor productive. It is also a begging psychology and breeds a sense of helplessness and dependency.
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."
Children have died while their parents hands were clasped in prayer rather than calling an ambulance.
Your changing the rules. I wouldn't expect anything else form you either.

I dont disagree with your 2nd paragraph. And just to make myself clear, I think postive energy works just as well as prayer, and prayer works just as well as positive energy.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#484455 Feb 5, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak OF His word- which clearly tells us all. Gods word asks us to use His scriptures Karl.
you think you are the only one who can read
or
you think that you speak for god

the size of your ego, suggests the latter
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484456 Feb 5, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>who-ya trying to kidd?
They are trying to kid themselves most of the time. Lying to yourself eith on purpose or by mistake is a common by-product of the religious mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min LAWEST100 654,349
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Dr Banonator 64,448
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 106,595
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 11 min WasteWater 2,597
Encourage Teenage Girls To Have Sex (Oct '11) 37 min Horny jack 26 male 29
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 39 min Horny jack 26 male 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr HipGnosis 183,208
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 973,918
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web