Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484409 Feb 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>its called delusions and myths you dreaming about and you writing. you need some medication for that.
I think you should ask your doctor about Haldol. It will help when you go back to school.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#484410 Feb 5, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew a family who was chosen to be the example of the whole town, just because they were 'Christian'.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Didn't they suffer...[ no less than a rebellious nation!]
Such is perfection when called for - yet - could any of their onlookers cast the first stone ???
HOW can all become the children of God if they are not
peacemakers? Damned if they are and damned if they aren't.
I'll bet it was your family on your Island Home.....

((*L-))

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484411 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
From Bill Maher's Religulous:
"Do you think if, when you were a kid, they transposed the bible stories with the fairy tales, you would know the difference as an adult? If they told you that “Jack and the Beanstalk” was religion, and that the man who lived in a whale was in a fairy tale book, you think when you got to be an adult you’d be defending the one instead of the other."
I guess I had a fortunate childhood. I was never told the difference. I figured they were all fictional. Some were just for fun and some carried deeper meanings. I like Campbell.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484412 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Dude keep up with the times. The Strawberry Shortcakes and and the 5th Street Smurfs run everything now. They wont drop a house on you but a red-headed girl will give you blue balls. Its still pretty painful!.....btw I apologize to any who that offends, I couldnt resist on that. My thanks in advance for the tolerence:)
Remember in the "Christmas Story" and Ralphie said the BAD word...What happened to him????

Hmmmmm?

j/k

LOL

((*L-))

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484413 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Good question.
Nothing should be illegal simply because somebody's god allegedly said not to do it.
FYI, humanists have no desire to enforce any morality on you. We simply insist that you confine yours to your own lives.
<quoted text>
Yes.
You would be harshly criticized for that attitude by many,many, MANY Christians. They would call you weak in the faith, and afraid to stand up to Satan. They would speak in terms of not compromising one iota with sin and sinners.
What you just described is what many Christians deem forcing atheism on them, as when we want you to stop using the currency as a religious tract, or ask you to stop marginalizing and dehumanizing gays.
And your church pays a price for teaching people to think like that. It is one of the chief reasons many of us want to see it crippled. It would be wiser of the church to be proactive and police itself.
But I think we all know that that's never going to happen. It will have to be done for them.
To the point and true. Thanks.

Christianity has never grasped the freedom from religion thing. They don't seem to understand that, to many, Christians are commiting religious persecution on non-christians as well as other Christians.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484414 Feb 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words.....
...Pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
1 Timothy 2:1
K-Love
Statistical evidence shows God does not answer prayers.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#484415 Feb 5, 2013
Later.....Hope everyone has a great day

Bye
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484416 Feb 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Prayer for Today.....
..gather him, and cast him into the fire, and we are burned.
As in burned in a literal hell? The idea of a hell is not compatible with an all-loving God.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484417 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help:
What we are most fundamentally is rational skeptics. We are skeptics because we doubt. We question claims, and based on rational criteria, we reject some. What we believe is that only evidence and reason can generate sound knowledge....
And like Thomas, we have been waiting 2000 years to touch the open wound.

P.S.
Sorry to cut your excellent post short.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484418 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC also created then uncreated Limbo. The Popes like to play God.
Hating other Christians? Purgatory is still Catholic doctrine. And it is in scripture too 1 Cor 3:15 btw I am not saying its real.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484419 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
From Bill Maher's Religulous:
"Do you think if, when you were a kid, they transposed the bible stories with the fairy tales, you would know the difference as an adult? If they told you that “Jack and the Beanstalk” was religion, and that the man who lived in a whale was in a fairy tale book, you think when you got to be an adult you’d be defending the one instead of the other."
Good quote. I was indoctrinated with regular church. Its not easy for some to shake off ;)

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484420 Feb 5, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try!
Nobody seems to know when a GOD is "Doing" not even believers.
How would non-believers know when a GOD is showing love,mercy,or grace?
Q. "How would non-believers know when a GOD is showing love,mercy,or grace ?"

Like believers~ Non believers have air to breathe, health, food ,water, shelter~ sunshine in the morn', flowers,pets, stars at night- the moon~
Non believers up to a certain day- as decided by God- have another moment to be given another chance to ask God-
"Are You for real?" another chance to accept His offer to have joy and direction while still on the planet.

Love,Deb~

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#484421 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I think that I found a blog that you and Senecus do together. Is that right?
I enjoyed "Stuck In The Middle" :
"For the Christian ... we stuck-in-the-middle people are the worst of the worst ... so I have been told ... luke warm they call us! For the non-Christian ... we stuck-in-the middle people are the worst of the worst ... so I have been told ... just can’t give up on the delusion!"
I'll assume that those are your words.
FWIW, I don't consider it a delusion the way you handle it. I also have intuitions that might be similar to some of your own. I just don't know what to make of them. They don't guide at all.
But they are pleasant to experience, and I foster them. I try to engage that faculty - the spiritual faculty - that shines in colors of awe, gratitude, mystery and connection. Why not? It's exhilarating.
For me, the danger is in letting the priests have access to your mind through that. They will exploit you, and cheapen the experience with ghost stores. So, I avoid any kind of narrative to go with that experience. For all I know, I'm only experiencing myself. But who cares?
Theists like you and G_O_D are much more interesting than I am accustomed to on these threads. We might not be too different. We might actually be more like one another than either of us are like the kind of theists that we see so much of in these threads.
Hello IANS,pleasure,

You get around ,don't ya?
:)

You're more than welcome to join in and leave a thought,we monitor so the initial post will have to be approve but after that posts will show up immediately.

I like to blog (actually have a few) and found most serious bloggers don't take places like Topix too seriously.

Thanks for viewing:)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#484422 Feb 5, 2013
That's >ApproveD<

Hate lag...
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484423 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis "it is a shame to see all this intellect IMO wasted on trying to stereotype all people of faith as negatively as possible. Why not simply allow for the fact that God may or may not exist since it can't be proven and focus your energy on what can be done to make religion and society interact better? You are never getting rid of religion. You are never eliminating it from people's lives so therefore your goal of eliminating its impact on politics or society is a pipe dream."

Thats a good point. But I think you could turn it around and say having your faith tested is good for you. And as the "good book" says you will have tribulation but be of good cheer ;)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#484424 Feb 5, 2013
Have a great Day Folks...!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484425 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
many, Christians are commiting religious persecution on non-christians as well as other Christians.
Agreed. As witnessed on topix. Christians bash muslims on the islam thread, and visa verse. Catholics/Protestants etc. They cant help themselves.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484426 Feb 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh no...that ain't beer...that's what ya put in styrofoam cups cut in the yard ta drown grubs! Yer not really sposed ta drink that stuff! No wonder ya swore off it!
LOL~(((((Thunder)))))) WHAT YOU SAY!!?

Perhaps my husbands choice of beer is better?(But not to me) He drinks ~~~Yuengling -from Americas oldest brewery.

http://www.yuengling.com/our_story/

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#484427 Feb 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I can learn nothing of substance from you
That's nothing to brag about.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I don't eat bacon, don't like anything about it, but I don't go out of my way to have it destroyed.
That's one of the things I like best about you.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I know one or two gay people. Nice people. Don't like the fact that they're gay
Nobody cares.
Counter_Strike wrote:
You push, we push back.
You've got the order reversed. You've been pushing us for centuries. We've just begun pushing back. And do you know what? You're going to lose. You've already lost.

Nice chatting with you again as always.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484428 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Seen it happen right here, Deb.
You are being defensive rather than deceitful I hope.
Defensive? I answered your claim (((((Duane)))))- You said that believers don't like it~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 36,909
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min LAWEST100 640,884
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min RiccardoFire 104,535
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min who 280,833
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 33 min Ricky F 53,746
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 35 min Ricky F 38,235
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 45 min bacon hater 969,760
More from around the web