Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#484422 Feb 5, 2013
That's >ApproveD<

Hate lag...
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484423 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis "it is a shame to see all this intellect IMO wasted on trying to stereotype all people of faith as negatively as possible. Why not simply allow for the fact that God may or may not exist since it can't be proven and focus your energy on what can be done to make religion and society interact better? You are never getting rid of religion. You are never eliminating it from people's lives so therefore your goal of eliminating its impact on politics or society is a pipe dream."

Thats a good point. But I think you could turn it around and say having your faith tested is good for you. And as the "good book" says you will have tribulation but be of good cheer ;)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#484424 Feb 5, 2013
Have a great Day Folks...!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484425 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
many, Christians are commiting religious persecution on non-christians as well as other Christians.
Agreed. As witnessed on topix. Christians bash muslims on the islam thread, and visa verse. Catholics/Protestants etc. They cant help themselves.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484426 Feb 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh no...that ain't beer...that's what ya put in styrofoam cups cut in the yard ta drown grubs! Yer not really sposed ta drink that stuff! No wonder ya swore off it!
LOL~(((((Thunder)))))) WHAT YOU SAY!!?

Perhaps my husbands choice of beer is better?(But not to me) He drinks ~~~Yuengling -from Americas oldest brewery.

http://www.yuengling.com/our_story/

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#484427 Feb 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I can learn nothing of substance from you
That's nothing to brag about.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I don't eat bacon, don't like anything about it, but I don't go out of my way to have it destroyed.
That's one of the things I like best about you.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I know one or two gay people. Nice people. Don't like the fact that they're gay
Nobody cares.
Counter_Strike wrote:
You push, we push back.
You've got the order reversed. You've been pushing us for centuries. We've just begun pushing back. And do you know what? You're going to lose. You've already lost.

Nice chatting with you again as always.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484428 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Seen it happen right here, Deb.
You are being defensive rather than deceitful I hope.
Defensive? I answered your claim (((((Duane)))))- You said that believers don't like it~

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484429 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes when He is showing His Love Grace and Mercy to non- believers - believers cringe.

Truths wrote:
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't-
As Gods grace and mercy was offered to US too~ before we came to be who we are now (c: Plus we pray that others will let God in~ so that they too may feel and know what we have found.
He shows His love on a daily basis to non believers- see my post to Mike~ TRUE believers are more than GLAD that He shows love,grace and mercy to nons.

Fennario

#484430 Feb 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
A child getting cancer is a very sad thing but it is our fault why this happens.
A child dying of cancer is an even sadder thing.

You like to place blame, right? Let's extrapolate your thoughts. If children getting cancer is man's fault, then according to Christian belief, children dying of cancer would be your god's fault, or yours for not praying with enough faith. Man made carcinogens should be no obstacle at all to your god, who only requires is a mustard seed of faith for your prayers to move mountains.

Will you blame your indolent god and your impotent prayers as quickly as you blame mankind?

Fennario

#484431 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You always take the worst case scenario no matter how small of a percentage it represents and try to broad stroke everything.
This is pretty insight-free. You're accusing me of overgeneralization using the words "always" and "everything."
Skombolis wrote:
If you spent more time focused on being reasonable and less time trying to demonize faith you would get a lot more accomplished imo
Thanks for the heads up, but I'm afraid that I'm an inveterate critic of faith.

"Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt.”- Mike Huben

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484432 Feb 5, 2013
Mary wrote:
There isn't any such thing as god and it is all rubbish and humans look up at something that isn't real and i don't beleve in god at all. Jesus mite have been real but people didn't live as long as these days just because there fighting over borders of country's like with the romans did in Europe.
Don't know if you will make it back here to read Mary~ But I hope that you do. We mere humans can not make you see God- and we Christians do not always behave as Jesus- BUT His promises ARE true~ for each of us.

~ God Believes In You~Ask Him ~

The evidence of God and Jesus is in the
answering of prayers,
prayed in FAITH
or
OUT of a last ditch effort of a non believer.

Miracles~THAT no hands of humans have caused,
except hands folded together in prayer
to Jesus and OUR Father.

Proof~ Non believers calling miracles
and "signs" coincidence,
yet they are wishing God was real,
so that they too may experience coincidence of
good things coming together for THEMSELVES
~for their OWN peace of mind.

God is proved TRUE~
when you are so negative you
can NOT stand your own self -so we try FAITH
and ask for help~
just in case~it's true.

"Coincidences" have A WHOLE new meaning~
as they become OUR VERY OWN answer to prayer.

Proof~ In a prepared heart that hears Loudly for
the first time,what they once hated and CURSED
as LIES.
Moving forward with the exuberance of a
child in wonderment, seeing for the VERY first
TIME all the Blessings we were bestowed with
all along~that we NEVER once gave thanks for.
HE still BELIEVES in YOU.
~*~
In your own way and words you can tell God that you know that He is God and ask God for forgiveness of your sins tell Him that you want to know Jesus.

Take a moment to feel what happens at that point.

Then tell Jesus that you know He died to pay for your sins.

When you do this- you will be released from the burdens of pain that was caused by what others have done to you~ and relieved of the guilt from what you have done to others. You will feel BRAND NEW.

I PROMISE this is all you have to do for now...He will do the rest and lead you in ways that ARE supernatural and amazing!
I suggest that you read in your Bible Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament. These will give you your foundation or knowledge to grow from .

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484433 Feb 5, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that simple and it's not for us to judge. He was judged by the Law of man and he will be judged by God as well. Asking me what God's judgement will or might be is an exercise in futility, how could I possibly know? I like to think Jeffrey Dahmer would be punished by God for his crimes, regardless of what he says or feels but at the end of the day, we don't know.
It is simple JL...

I have read bits and pieces of this discussion but I am not much in to scenario situations so have not responded to it but...

I keep seeing people say "they do not know the mind of God".

Your Bible plainly states what his mind is concerning JD...

If he died not accepting...then he is in hell.

If he accepted and asked for his forgiveness...he will enter heaven.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

ALL sins are forgiven...the slate wiped clean...as if you never sinned.

I might be wrong but I don't recall ever reading that God forgives but only after I torture you for a while...

I might be wrong but I don't recall ever reading that God will let you in but you will spend your life in some prison because of certain sins.

There are some that believe that your acts on earth will win you rewards in heaven...I don't know but if that is true the your faith would be act driven...got to earn some more points so that you can have as many rewards as the other guy. I don't know...that isn't really the issue here though.

The only thing that you don't know is...if JD accepted...if he is one of those whosoeverbelieveth people.

I know that it is hard to admit that someone such as JD will be reward the same as others but...according to what your Bible says...he will.

Would God leave out part of the instructions...would he leave out conditions...that would be a little unfair don't you thing? You did everything that he asks...only to get there and the goal posts have changed.

There are parts of the Christian faith...things in the Bible...that just don't have that feel good affect JL. To believe you have to accept those not so good also.

Remember...you can't say that God wipes the slate clean when you give your life to him...then turn around and hope that God punishes one of you because YOU don't like the sins of another.

IMO...it is as simple as that.

Ask yourself...did God forgive ALL of your sins when you accepted him into your life? If so...then why would he not forgive ALL of JD's if he too accepted?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484434 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes when He is showing His Love Grace and Mercy to non- believers - believers cringe.
At the end of the day...

There is the rain...followed by a little sunshine...for all of us.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484435 Feb 5, 2013
Noticed there is a lot of disbelief in purgatory on this thread. Look guys whether is temporary fire or eternal fire, is still nonsense... of course!

A loving entity would not allow anyone to burn in fire. Please wake up !!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#484436 Feb 5, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>You always tell me that YOU have to be perfect and I am showing you where you ALREADY are THROUGH
Jesus Christ.
.. are you familiar with the works of OG Mandino? If not, you'd probably enjoy them ..

.. in THE GREATEST SALESMAN IN THE WORLD, Mandino presents evidence that mankind is perfect ..

With Established Harem

#484437 Feb 5, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that simple and it's not for us to judge. He was judged by the Law of man and he will be judged by God as well.
Asking me what God's judgement will or might be is an exercise in futility, how could I possibly know?
.. hi ya Luci ..

.. perhaps our harshest critic is self ??..

With Established Harem

#484438 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Ask yours about co-dependency. See if you and your boys can get a group discount.
.. you think co-dependency is bad ??..

.. to me, the rejection of dependency refutes mankind's basic instincts for nurturing, group cooperation and spiritual advancement ..

.. we are dependent on each other, intertwined ..
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#484439 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt.”- Mike Huben
Faith is belief without evidence. This is what believers need to get their heads around.. our beliefs need to be JUSTIFIED by good evidence. We cant just pick and chose what makes us feel good.

With Established Harem

#484440 Feb 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I rejected evolution a long time ago.
.. so, you're a creationalist, correct? OK ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Oh come on.
recently I used a simple science of mixing baking soda with white vinegar to unclog a drain in my sink.
.. mixing two ingredients is not a scientific discipline ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>The truth is, you have a hunch, an idea, a theory... a BELIEF that God does not exist but you cannot prove it.
.. do you think you know me ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Science is neutral. I must say that problems arises in sciences when they cook the books...
just like the global warming scientists did a couple years back when they got busted on those e-mails... just so that they could keep the monies flowing in..
.. like evolution, global warning is a fact. The unethical actions of a few scientists do not condemn the many ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's try something easier and perhaps a little more tangible since we know that it exists... use the scientific method to prove the existence of
consciousness.
.. did you want to debate an emergent consciousness ??..

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484441 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
A child dying of cancer is an even sadder thing.
You like to place blame, right? Let's extrapolate your thoughts. If children getting cancer is man's fault, then according to Christian belief, children dying of cancer would be your god's fault, or yours for not praying with enough faith. Man made carcinogens should be no obstacle at all to your god, who only requires is a mustard seed of faith for your prayers to move mountains.
Will you blame your indolent god and your impotent prayers as quickly as you blame mankind?
I've been reading the posts I've missed since yesterday. And although I don't necessarily agree with you on your views regarding the existence of "God", I do enjoy reading your posts. I finally go to this post, quoted above, when a thought flashed in my mind like a strike of lightning...

"I'm sure atheists have always existed, right along side theists. But, Christendom has done wonders conceiving and birthing more atheists. Christendom has done wonders strengthening their arguments."

And that saddens me. Believers have failed you. Speaking for myself and really hoping that I don't sound condescending, I'm sorry. I truly wish our history wasn't as it is.

The ride's not over, though...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Riverside Rednek 59,632
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Anthony MN 695,498
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 41 min waaasssuuup 446,257
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 1 hr MOGADORE 40
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 1 hr MOGADORE 4
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 1 hr MOGADORE 871
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr trifecta1 994,037
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web