Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#484333 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> "no-thump" is single batch(unadulterated mash) alcohol proofed ta about 196. 200 be'n pure. I seen hard core drinkers fall over after about 2 teacups. They was fine til they stood up, an it was all over! Long time ago, we used ta fill a 2 gallon jar with cherries an fill it with "lightn'n" ...let it set fer a month or so. A handfull would wreck ya too. All of it can be trouble. Ya don't jist give that stuff ta anybody...they'd kill themselves. LOL! I ain't what I used ta be either, but I still enjoy the flavor o' good stock.
Thanks for tellin me what a thump is.This stuff sounds like some kind of wild drink.After what you shared with me about this sure glad I turned it all down even if I did look like a coward.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#484334 Feb 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Pw:
Pw look at my avatar that is my back yard that should show you I live very rural.Now then I do not travel and you know why especially with the condition honey is in and requiring 24 hour care and time running out.I travel by book and internet and not one bit ashamed of it either.Most probably never leave these mountains.I do not have the previlege of your experiences not that it matters much.What I posted came out of fact book.Oppps is right Pw of all people you taught no type of lesson here.Not even a good lesson of sharing.So be no problem not the first time or the last for me.God bless.
Ja, you explained your avitar before. Still got all those critter friends in your back yard I guess.

That 'lesson' was for myself! To get it right, ja?

ONLY Life has taken me round this big earth my Sister, and even I am amazed when looking back, just to how many places over time. Never have I asked to go once! So don't feel bad/different for the way you travel... I believe I would have far less work to always do if mine was not so involved!!!

That said, Ja I know, and your reasons are noble. We cannot fathom all that is expected of us, and believe if we knew ahead we might just answer 'no' to God! Faith truly is a step out in full trust.

Courage isn't always what it seems and sometimes is even a small plea for help, and not something huge!!!

Hold on... you are going to need it!
Luv and Blessings all ways.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484335 Feb 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
So I notice!
Luv U Brother...
Saw your questions to @Andrew, and almost answered, but, it was for him!
Take Care. You have had a VERY busy time of things and can believe you need a break, Ja?
His Peace always wrapped in Love be always yours.
Hey at least i still have the ability to surprise! In all seriousness...love ya too sister and please know any post i make is one your input is appreciated.(T) PEACE

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#484336 Feb 4, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning Qu, you did miss a good one, much as I dislike the 49ers they are no one to play around with at all and with Colin Kaepernick that will be a force to deal with for years to come, the Ravens put on a powerful performance and still barely escaped.
Blessings.
Yeah, I keep hearing that it was a good game... haven't looked at the highlights yet but will probaly do so sometime this week. I heard that the 49ers had a mad rush in the 2nd half. That's the kind of football I like, "twists and turns" that keep one on the edge of their seats.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#484337 Feb 4, 2013
NOT G_O_D wrote:
Jesus never said such a thing in the Bible.

You are a Bible teacher now? LOL!

John quoting Jesus:

"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)

Rv.22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last...I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches.

And John also records many times Jesus saying: "If you have seen me you have seen the Father" and "before Abraham was, I Am" - meaning it was Jesus who wrote the 10C on Mt Sinai for Moses.

Paul says God came down to earth (1 Tim 3:16)

I could go on and on the numerous passages that explain the Godhead (or Trinity).

Crack the book!

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#484338 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey at least i still have the ability to surprise! In all seriousness...love ya too sister and please know any post i make is one your input is appreciated.(T) PEACE
(((*()*)))
no worries!
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#484339 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
There's no such thing as Christ. When you find one drag him out here and show us the thing. Until then its just textbook fiction.
Drop the double edged sword.

The historians who were there to record Jesus disagree and they have the final word on the matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...

www.youtube.com/watch...

No one has ever seen or recorded a 'caveman', ever.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484340 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>True..but he didnt correct Thomas when he addressed him as 'my Lord and my God'
Then why didn't Thomas believe in the resurrection ?

They Bible is full of logical inconsistencies like that. It is was kept it interesting for 1700 years. Always something to counter what you already thought... like a good drama should.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484341 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>True..but he didnt correct Thomas when he addressed him as 'my Lord and my God'
Not foing to get into the whole 'John' thing over that. I am too tired. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484342 Feb 4, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Bible teacher now? LOL!
John quoting Jesus:
"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)
Rv.22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last...I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches.
And John also records many times Jesus saying: "If you have seen me you have seen the Father" and "before Abraham was, I Am" - meaning it was Jesus who wrote the 10C on Mt Sinai for Moses.
Paul says God came down to earth (1 Tim 3:16)
I could go on and on the numerous passages that explain the Godhead (or Trinity).
Crack the book!
I have many times. John is a beautiful work of Gnostic fiction and Reveleation is a Gnostic vision quest.

I suggest you put a Harry Potter book on your book of the month form. I think you will find it historical too.

“Saved. ”

#484343 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you choose to reject evolution, you must reject all scientific disciplines ..
Oh come on.

I rejected evolution a long time ago and recently I used a simple science of mixing baking soda with white vinegar to unclog a drain in my sink.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. proving no-God is impossible via the scientific method because there is no tangible evidence, only belief ..
So basically science cannot prove the non-existence of God... you're running on fumes on the idea that God does not exist. The truth is, you have a hunch, an idea, a theory... a BELIEF that God does not exist but you cannot prove it.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why knows? God may be at the control switches, turning DNA on and off at His pleasure. Conversely, science may someday prove a strictly emergent conscious. The burning question remains, "Are science and religion compatible?" ..
Science is neutral. I must say that problems arises in sciences when they cook the books... just like the global warming scientists did a couple years back when they got busted on those e-mails... just so that they could keep the monies flowing in.

Okay, let's try something easier and perhaps a little more tangible since we know that it exists... use the scientific method to prove the existence of consciousness.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484344 Feb 4, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The historians who were there to record Jesus disagree and they have the final word on the matter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...
www.youtube.com/watch...
No one has ever seen or recorded a 'caveman', ever.
ROFLMAO

You are such a funny guy. Stupid, but funny.

Location hidden

#484345 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not foing to get into the whole 'John' thing over that. I am too tired. <smile>
You and me both.. I just got home and looking for a comedy to watch and going to bed!

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#484346 Feb 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
(((*()*)))
no worries!
:)

“Saved. ”

#484347 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! Folks tend ta fergit that too! I don't think that Peter was ever in Romeeither...jist more cathaholic lies near as I can tell.
I used to think that Peter never did set foot in Rome either but I don't know... the bible isn't clear on that and like you insinuated there is a catholic tradition that alludes that he did go to Rome... but I dunno.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#484348 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not. It's Christian hate speech that makes the lives of gay people more difficult and more dangerous. You really deserve to have that done to you. It might make you a better person.
<quoted text>
Your religion sickens me.
<quoted text>
Women are for the people attracted to them, which includes straight men, bisexuals, and lesbian women.
<quoted text>
The feeling is mutual.
<quoted text>
I have been. Your church specializes in marginalizing and scapegoating various groups of people.
<quoted text>
I doubt it.
<quoted text>
That's not credible.
<quoted text>
But, but, but.
<quoted text>
You're sounding quite insane.
Your lousy opinion of me is your business, not mine. There will always be people like you in this world that uphold the wrong and hate the right so that people can feel more comfortable and safe committing all manner of sinful abominable acts.

Then you say women are made for people attracted to them, doesn't matter their orientation,then clearly you seem more to deserve a man than a woman. You're just as bad as the gays coming in here believing they actually have rights when what they have are wrongs. You are the people who make it worse for the gays because you just can't seem to sit your ego down and stop bringing even more negative attention on them. They don't need your help feller. You're just a fancy speech hypocrite that believes he's intelligent because he can string a few words together seemingly coherently, when you're nothing but poor example of a human being who calls himself an ape.

And that's quite sad and unfortunate. It is never an excellent thing to see a human being make himself out to be what you represent here today, sniveling, bungling homosexual who has convinced himself so long that he's right that he actually believes it. You're not fit to even speak to the gays in this room because you're an embarrassment to the male gender. And yes, you can now talk about my lack of compassion, but I'm actually being very kind to you. WAKE UP!!!! In every era, there must be people like you, someone who's too lazy to obey simple moral laws. They offend you, then I'm not sorry. Man up and deal with it.

Counter_Strike: As a man thinketh, so is he.

“Saved. ”

#484349 Feb 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> So are microscopes and telescopes. Both tools allow the user to see actuality in better detail and "scope"(understandin g).
Just for clarity, you were responding to my "atheism and science" are very different things.

While (imho) it is true that microscopes and telescopes are different... they are alike with science in that they are neutral. I don't think atheism is a good allegory for either because it is flawed in that it is prejudiced on a supposition... that God does not exist.

Capn, allow me to use this allegory if I may as I can compare the science figuring out the physics of the universe and our own existence to a simple allegory... say you bought a cake from an exclusive shop but you find out later that the cake was brought in and would be discontinued shortly. Now this was the best, the most delectable cake that you have ever tasted in your "short" lifespan (lol) and you wanted to know the recipe. You search and you look extensively for it but you can't find the recipe anywhere. You find out that it is a proprietary recipe. Now if you had the wherewithal, the science, knowledge, equipment and the processes to break down a sample of the cake... well, eventually you would find out exactly what was put inside to make it and perhaps even the amounts.

But with all that ingenuity and know-how... it will tell you what is inside of it BUT it will not tell you WHO created the recipe and made it. Because it is a cake and did not just "happen" all by itself... and it did not just "throw itself together" in perfect harmony ---> common sense lets us know that it was created by "someone".

The medium that helped you find out what was inside the cake was neutral... it had nothing to gain either way. The same it is with science. Now DNA will tell you who the daddy is obviously but it won't tell you who created the human race in the first place.

“Saved. ”

#484350 Feb 5, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Good work Christians.......Your prayers worked.........
Alabama hostage standoff ends..........
the boys alright..........
Praise God.

“Saved. ”

#484351 Feb 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot provide the quote you are lying.
<quoted text>
Each “believer” has his own god and his own belief and defines “atheist” in those terms. If you are a “christian” then it is unlikely that “I”“believe” in your god. If for you that is “atheism” than you may call me an atheist, I won’t mind; I am however a Rational Skeptic, regardless what you call me.
Athiesm is not “a belief”
Atheism is not “belief”
Atheism is rejection of your belief. Atheism is confirmed by your failure to provide substantive evidence for the gods you advance.
<quoted text>
Atheism is NOT belief, it is rejection of unsubstantiated belief.
<quoted text>
Evolution is proven, the theory of explanation is ToE. Your ignorance is a very poor and dishonest substitute for knowledge.
<quoted text>
Religion and honesty are 2 very different things
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism : to BELIEVE the provable
Agnosticism : to believe that poof does not exist.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

“Saved. ”

#484352 Feb 5, 2013
@ Karl... regarding my previous post to this one. The last part of the page where you use the word "BELIEVE" regarding Atheism and Agnosticism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ChristineM 863,803
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Liam 599,371
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 30 min The swamiji 7,474
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min Great Day of Arma... 40,853
The Christian Atheist debate 56 min Greezy 1,915
the most 'DAMNING' part of O.J. Simpson's 'suic... 59 min Doctor REALITY 19
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USaGlobalWarMonge... 177,607
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 6,365
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Charlie Sheen 272,400
More from around the web