Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#484382 Feb 5, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Ha ha. Yes. Except nano is a "she" to most people.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#484383 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not foing to get into the whole 'John' thing over that. I am too tired. <smile>
all it will be is a bunch of words that you made up with no meaning.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484384 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You are such a funny guy. Stupid, but funny.
you looking in the mirror when you write this?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484385 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as Christ. When you find one drag him out here and show us the thing. Until then its just textbook fiction.
Drop the double edged sword.
anything you write is fiction. dreams of delusions in you head you writing on the billboard.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484386 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called History, Archeology and Science. Something you should have at least heard about before beconing cloistered.
its called delusions and myths you dreaming about and you writing. you need some medication for that.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484387 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what many people think about the Abram of Uruk story. I see you do too.
no. I think you and anything you write is a myth. I not talking about Abram. Abram is well documented in historical records. nothing you write is history, is just bizarre fascinations about paul being gay.

Fennario

#484388 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I am convinced that if Constantine had put Aesops Fables in the Bible, Christians would be claiming the the Tortoise is Jesus and the Rabbit is Satan and that animals can talk.
From Bill Maher's Religulous:

"Do you think if, when you were a kid, they transposed the bible stories with the fairy tales, you would know the difference as an adult? If they told you that “Jack and the Beanstalk” was religion, and that the man who lived in a whale was in a fairy tale book, you think when you got to be an adult you’d be defending the one instead of the other."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#484389 Feb 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aero!!
I didn't know you were a part of the "let's get Skom" conspiracy.
Next meeting is behind the green door, Wednesday at 1930 hours.
Great!

I have some real good ideas.

Fennario

#484390 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@CS...hey Andrew...had two quick questions for ya. 1) Do you feel Christians should be able to enforce morality thru what we deem sins if it isnt illegal? And if so what would you think about that precedent if Christianity was no longer the majority religion?
Good question.

Nothing should be illegal simply because somebody's god allegedly said not to do it.

FYI, humanists have no desire to enforce any morality on you. We simply insist that you confine yours to your own lives.
Skombolis wrote:
should we simply regulate within our own circles and allow people to worship and live as they see fit so long as legal and not violating the rights of others?
Yes.

You would be harshly criticized for that attitude by many,many, MANY Christians. They would call you weak in the faith, and afraid to stand up to Satan. They would speak in terms of not compromising one iota with sin and sinners.

What you just described is what many Christians deem forcing atheism on them, as when we want you to stop using the currency as a religious tract, or ask you to stop marginalizing and dehumanizing gays.

And your church pays a price for teaching people to think like that. It is one of the chief reasons many of us want to see it crippled. It would be wiser of the church to be proactive and police itself.

But I think we all know that that's never going to happen. It will have to be done for them.

Fennario

#484391 Feb 5, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I knew a family who was chosen to be the example of the whole town, just because they were 'Christian'.
I'd love to hear that story.

Fennario

#484392 Feb 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lousy opinion of me is your business, not mine. There will always be people like you in this world that uphold the wrong and hate the right so that people can feel more comfortable and safe committing all manner of sinful abominable acts.
Then you say women are made for people attracted to them, doesn't matter their orientation,then clearly you seem more to deserve a man than a woman. You're just as bad as the gays coming in here believing they actually have rights when what they have are wrongs. You are the people who make it worse for the gays because you just can't seem to sit your ego down and stop bringing even more negative attention on them. They don't need your help feller. You're just a fancy speech hypocrite that believes he's intelligent because he can string a few words together seemingly coherently, when you're nothing but poor example of a human being who calls himself an ape.
And that's quite sad and unfortunate. It is never an excellent thing to see a human being make himself out to be what you represent here today, sniveling, bungling homosexual who has convinced himself so long that he's right that he actually believes it. You're not fit to even speak to the gays in this room because you're an embarrassment to the male gender. And yes, you can now talk about my lack of compassion, but I'm actually being very kind to you. WAKE UP!!!! In every era, there must be people like you, someone who's too lazy to obey simple moral laws. They offend you, then I'm not sorry. Man up and deal with it.
Counter_Strike: As a man thinketh, so is he.
Thanks for sharing. Insightful as always.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484393 Feb 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I used to think that Peter never did set foot in Rome either but I don't know... the bible isn't clear on that and like you insinuated there is a catholic tradition that alludes that he did go to Rome... but I dunno.
The RCC also created then uncreated Limbo. The Popes like to play God.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484394 Feb 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>.... I don't think atheism is a good allegory for either because it is flawed in that it is prejudiced on a supposition... that God does not exist...
I don't think theism is a good allegory for either because it is flawed in that it is prejudiced on a supposition... that God does exist.

Dang those double edged swords. <smile>

Fennario

#484395 Feb 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Maybe this will help:

What we are most fundamentally is rational skeptics. We are skeptics because we doubt. We question claims, and based on rational criteria, we reject some. What we believe is that only evidence and reason can generate sound knowledge.

There can be irrational skepticism, which is doubt based on irrational criteria. A Christian doubts and rejects Muslim doctrine not for the same reason that a rational skeptic would - not because it lacks evidence - but because it contradicts another irrational belief.

Atheism is the result of applying rational skepticism to the arena of the supernatural. There is no other possible position for somebody who won't believe without a (rational) reason.

To illustrate better the foundational position of rational skepticism in the commonest secular world view, we note that science is the application of rational skepticism to the world of the natural, and secular humanism is the application of rational skepticism to the problems of ethics and daily life.

Now look at that:

• When you apply rational skepticism to the study of supernatural and gods, you get atheism.
• When you apply rational skepticism to the study of the natural, physical world, you get science.
• When you apply rational skepticism (and compassion) to the field of ethics, you get secular humanism

When we question claims and require reason and evidence before believing - and even then, only tentatively, and only commensurate with the quality and quantity of evidence - we reject things like gods, priests, astrology, and kings. We replace them with things like atheism, secular democracies, and science. That in a nutshell is what happened to the Middle Ages with the advent of modernity: the Enlightenment and the Age of Reason.

Atheism is such a tiny piece of all of that. You say there is a god but won't show him or evidence of him, and we say that we don't believe you. There's the whole of it. Hardly a world view or even a positive belief. It's not even a claim. If I just don't believe you - if I reject your god claim and everybody else's - I am an atheist.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484396 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Attitude is important, but not that one. Being in a prayerful state of mind is merely being hopeful, not constructive nor productive. It is also a begging psychology and breeds a sense of helplessness and dependency.
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."
Children have died while their parents hands were clasped in prayer rather than calling an ambulance.
Agreed.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484397 Feb 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Walker and Mr. S. Put; If you don't sin, then you adhere to the Law, if you sin then you transgress the Law. It's not difficult, just simple comprehension. Unless there's another Law that you keep different from the 10 Commandments. And please don't say 'Grace' because it seems the understanding of the word no matter how often given, is still a mystery to you all.
Psalm 119.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
Agreed

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484398 Feb 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Part 2 of 2
And like I posted, how do we tell people their sins are bad and should stop when according to the Bible we are the ones released from our sinful nature and a new creation in Christ and we still sin and know it is wrong when they don't even consider it a sin and are not part of our faith? I don't want some other religion telling me what I can and can't do so long as legal and not infringing on the right's of others.
And to me here is the bottom line. People say how immoral society is and how we have become accepting of sin. Well guess what, 75% of the population is Christian. How much better would the world be if we all stopped sinning? But we want to look at our sins as no big deal and half of us want to say they have already been forgiven yet we judge others for sinning and expect them to stop. And how is someone gay living in any less sin than being divorced or having premarital sex or simply as most Christians admit who sin every day still?
And the sanctity of marriage? Please. This is a society where you get married on tv or for citizenship or insurance or money. You can get your wife in the mail. I don't like the hypocrisy. People ought to clean up their own backyards. By the time we work our way down to the only sins left involve people who love each other and want to get married or two people engaging in consensual sex then maybe I say fine let's wipe out all sin. But we have a heck of long way to go and a heck of a lot more damaging sins to society to fix before we get to that point. I will tell what sins as a society we are too accepting of and that is our own sins.
So there ya have it
Well put and I totally agree.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#484399 Feb 5, 2013
M_O_R_N_I_N_G

(It is a bright Sunny Carolina Mornig here...Love it)

“Some people develop a wishbone
where their back bone should be.”

~ Author Unknown

Thought For The Day

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484400 Feb 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>I'm becoming more and more convinced that you have never actually been saved.
Thus spake the atheist.^^^^^^^^

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484401 Feb 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
The moustache. Dang, I should have had one, that must have been where I went wrong. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 45 min --IslandGurL-- 4,370
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min Insults Are Easier 989,936
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Holy Chosen Child 690,647
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 hr Ice Man 42,605
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 3 hr His Eminency dr S... 26
Am I Starting To Like My Step-Cousin? 4 hr what I do 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,278
More from around the web