Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#484234 Feb 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
"For those who know GOD, no explanation is necessary ~ for those who do not know GOD, no explanation is possible."
Not sure where those words came from, but they make heaps of sense to me.
GOD is within each of us, and I have no idea why some cannot feel HIM!
It's a paraphrase of 2 Corinth.4:4

Hope things going well for ya in the land below:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484235 Feb 4, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Lawless?????.....
:-/

Oh dear...that was not intentional!

My bad...
mike

AOL

#484236 Feb 4, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
No- I can't. He has to do what He says He will- in order to honor the promises made to the faithful- regarding all things- also toward what heaven is like. Which He promises will house no sin what so ever.
Thanks Truths,

Are you saying a GOD always shows "Love", "Mercy", "Grace".

When people don't do want a GOD wants, can you show me where a GOD will take away love,grace,mercy?

Maybe Love,Grace, Mercy exist all the time?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#484237 Feb 4, 2013
Hidden Meanings in the Numbers.

In later Jewish Literature much weight was given to secret meanings hidden in the numercal values of words.In Hebrew numbers are written using Hebrew alphabet.Thus in Genesis 14:14 where Abraham had 318 servants this is seen as a hidden reference to Eliezer(the servant of Abraham, mentioned in Genesis 15:2)because 318 is the numerical value of the word Eliezer or the numerical value of both wine and secret is 70 this led to the saying when wine enters secrets are out.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484238 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because we see different facets of the same gem does not mean the gem does not exist nor that each is living a lie.
To each is revealed but a glimmer of the truth.
That's how I see it. Some just see a flicker in the corner of their eye.
I like that analogy a lot. Especially the flicker. I think in a lot of situations things are similar where some see something clearly and others it is more of an awareness on the edges of their consciousness. I think we have a lot of senses like this and a lot of parts of reality are like that where we have the barest awareness of it but havent quite found a way to tap fully in (T) PEACE

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#484239 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
WARNING
While I have no problem speaking my mind in front of anyone and on any subject I know sometimes it can be difficult for people to open up and some people would prefer conflict. That is ok. Different strokes
But know if you come forward on something out of conscience in front of HL or Catcher they will seek to use it against you at a later date if they ever come into conflict with you. Even if you were speaking out in defense of them or agreeing with them
oom. So just know these are theApparently they feel they a right to force others to live up to the standards they set for speaking out on what is right. And they have no problem trying to embarrass someone or force their hand so they have no choice but to either look like they are avoiding a question where some will assume it is because they are a bigot or they have to announce their position putting themselves in opposition of others.
Like I stated, for me it made no difference as it was only 2 weeks ago I stated my position and everybody in here knows it. But know the kind of people you are dealing with and don't put yourself out on a ledge if you can't do so in front of everybody in any room at any given time because people like this will use it against you.
It is sad that someone would try use another speaking up for what they think is right against them at a later date for personal reasons. And these are people who heap praise upon those who agree and gang-attack people who don't on many things so one might even feel more inclined to admit how they feel if it is going to get a good reaction. That plays no role for me with them as I have done it in every room despite the crowd but I know it is human nature at times and this is what these two are like. It is what it is. Just be aware of what it is
(T) Peace
Whoa! Hey Skom :) it's taking forever to catch up! I'm reading a lot of things that make me wonder if I want to be on topix at all. This I'll respond to, speaking up I mean, I speak up against abortion all the time and get abused, without even mentioning my faith. I am half German half Brazilian, my father is half Mulatto (African Brazilian) and half Native Brazilian, so to me racism is so stupid that it goes beyond commenting on, not that I don't, when it's called for. I don't comment on the gay issue because I honestly don't think about it that much and don't particularly care one way or the other. I guess my point is that people comment on what is important to them personally and whenever anyone speaks out against some injustice, someone is not going to like it. Great posts Skom, hang in there :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#484240 Feb 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
@ HL
I'm sorry...her name wasn't Buffy...it was Muffin.
Don't know why I typed Buffy.
:-(
Buffy is awesome! I agree with your post on prejudice Annie. Any kind of discrimination is despicable. We are all people, that's it. I would no more tell a gay person they are immoral than I would a divorced or black person. It's a ludicrous way to differentiate people. Jesus did not say, "love your neighbour as yourselves BUT not if they're.......

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#484241 Feb 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Buffy is awesome! I agree with your post on prejudice Annie. Any kind of discrimination is despicable. We are all people, that's it. I would no more tell a gay person they are immoral than I would a divorced or black person. It's a ludicrous way to differentiate people. Jesus did not say, "love your neighbour as yourselves BUT not if they're.......
Good for you.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484242 Feb 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol and here I thought you had a real gun tottin Alice.
If I did, I prolly would have been Loooong Gone! LOL!

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484243 Feb 4, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Well,you know,when you listen to 'alleged' believers in the Lord Jesus Christ coming to this forum every day,every week,every month,every year,talking the same 'o same 'o,you have to be able to SHUT 'EM UP with the Word of God,and not some 'silly,mis-interpretation of scripture' from them. Good night,Mrs.Grace...
Your pride and arrogance shall be your downfall.

If you're going to quote anything intending to shut anyone up, the least you could do is quote something relevant. And by "relevant," I mean something that proves what it is you're trying to prove. With that being said...

1John 2:18-24
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

All in all, John was referring to certain people that joined them, but they also brought with them their heretical doctrines. John explains a few key points to their heresies. One, of course, you quoted. Others are as follows...

At 1John 4:3, John writes, "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." Then, at 2John 1:7, John writes, "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

In conclusion, when John wrote what he did, the same that you quoted and intended to shut people up with, John wasn't referring to just people that accepted Christ, then decided to return to a sinful life. John was referring, specifically, to people that joined with them and, with them, brought their beliefs that Yahowshua wasn't the son of "God," nor come in the flesh. Then, when the congregations opposed them, they left.

Get it together, man.

And of course, Grace Walker agreed with you.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484244 Feb 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Symbolic Numbers.
Many numbers had symbolic value in the Bible.The number one symbolized God's unity.Three came to symbolize the Trinty.Seven was a number of completion and perfection since God rested on the seventh day of creation.Twelve symbolizes the month of the year the tribes of Israel and the number of apostles.Forty days or years was a common time frame in which bibical events unfolded.
Numbers were a integral part of many religions long before Abram walked the streets of Uruk.

While the Jews were compiling their scriptures and playing with single digiti integers , the Greeks had cults devoted to higher mathematics and "sacred geometry. Tooks Christians over 1000 years to catch up.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#484245 Feb 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
It just seems very disingenuous of you to say That 'your attitude is very powerful' and that' positive energy works' and then say prayer doesn't work..........
Talk about disingenuous...

Prayer to Zeus, Yahweh, Thor, or the FSM is all the same as long as the person believes their prayer will be heard. There's never been any evidence to support the claim that prayers change reality outside of the minds of believers. Positive thinking, prayer, and the placebo effect, are pretty much the same phenomenon.

Catcher's answer was clear, not disingenuous.

Location hidden

#484246 Feb 4, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree- tho' husband paid out a total of $20 for several boxes in score pools~ He made his money back in the second Q. He knows I have fun charting and watching the scores to see if we win (c:
LOL! ya spend more than that on the beer. LOL!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484247 Feb 4, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a paraphrase of 2 Corinth.4:4
Hope things going well for ya in the land below:)
"If you have to ask, you won't understand" - some biker on a Harley.

Location hidden

#484248 Feb 4, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Lawless?????.....
Hah hah ahah! SO!...now we find out yer really some ole' gunslinger! Hah hah hah!

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#484249 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
Bonsoir mon ami, discrimination of any kind is an act of evil. What do you think of my final avatar? What expression do you see on the face of this Roma child?

Location hidden

#484250 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> If I did, I prolly would have been Loooong Gone! LOL!
Awee Those type of Alices can be neat gals ya know.lol.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#484251 Feb 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing for me is that that wouldn't matter. Accountability - the only time I hear that word in these discussions is with regard to payback for those of us that won't submit or worship. The idea that somebody would be forgiven simply because they regretted their actions - "repented" - spits in the face of accountability.
It's not that simple and it's not for us to judge. He was judged by the Law of man and he will be judged by God as well. Asking me what God's judgement will or might be is an exercise in futility, how could I possibly know? I like to think Jeffrey Dahmer would be punished by God for his crimes, regardless of what he says or feels but at the end of the day, we don't know.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484252 Feb 4, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Truths,
Are you saying a GOD always shows "Love", "Mercy", "Grace".
When people don't do want a GOD wants, can you show me where a GOD will take away love,grace,mercy?
Maybe Love,Grace, Mercy exist all the time?
Sometimes when He is showing His Love Grace and Mercy to His believers - non believers cringe. He says that "vengence is mine"- which means He is showing us grace and mercy by doing what He says He will to those who choose to sin against His kingdom- those who refuse to hear His offer to be saved. So- maybe non believers do not know of His grace and mercy- but it still exists and is offered to them too.

Location hidden

#484253 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! ya spend more than that on the beer. LOL!
How come you do not make your own in a huge crock and bottle it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Gabriel 973,646
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min crucifiedguy 281,839
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Yeshua WasIS God-... 653,674
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min here 63,355
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 44 min ChristineM 445,964
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,565
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 2 hr Katie_Anderson14 14
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr DebraE 106,474
More from around the web