Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484177 Feb 4, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
the problem is that there is no new covenant. you just believe there is.
The new covenant is just a changing of the sacrificial subject. Sacrifice, though, is still the same. Sacrifice is still based on blood. And what the blood of the sacrifice was to fulfill is still fulfilled. But, I'm sure that even you can agree that the blood of animals really doesn't equate with the blood that should be shed, and that's ours. And that's why Yahowshua chose to be that sacrifice. Just another spectacular example of the most High's understanding and mercy, to allow us to kill an animal as our substitute.
harpocrates wrote:
god is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow.
Which is why Yahowshua's sacrifice means that the desired result of animal sacrifice is fulfilled and not done away with.
harpocrates wrote:
jesus came to return something to it's original state.
..like the conditions of heaven, on this earth.
harpocrates wrote:
there is nothing new under the son/sun.
..which is why certain aspects of the law were fulfilled in and by Yahowshua. This, again, means that those particular laws weren't done away with, but fulfilled. Only the sacrificial subject changed, but all else stayed the same. Return to the top for further explanation.
harpocrates wrote:
idolatry is forbidden
How about shaving our heads and faces? Is that forbidden, too?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#484178 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
{{{?WHAT?}}}
So yer tell'n me that the 10 boxes of crackerjacks I threw on the ground 55 years ago 'til I finally got the magic decoder ring(that I been sav'n fer a real 'mergency) is a {{FAKE}} after them folks telled me it was fer sure real?!@#$%^&*!!{{{ARAAAAAH H!!!}}}
GIT THE GUN ALICE!!!
Lol lol I want to meet Alice.
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#484179 Feb 4, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
1 John 2:19: King James Bible
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
I have read that before but never really meditated on that verse. That definitly speaks loud and clear. Thanks Dr Reality for posting this.
Well,you know,when you listen to 'alleged' believers in the Lord Jesus Christ coming to this forum every day,every week,every month,every year,talking the same 'o same 'o,you have to be able to SHUT 'EM UP with the Word of God,and not some 'silly,mis-interpretation of scripture' from them. Good night,Mrs.Grace...
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#484180 Feb 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>The new covenant is just a changing of the sacrificial subject. Sacrifice, though, is still the same. Sacrifice is still based on blood. And what the blood of the sacrifice was to fulfill is still fulfilled. But, I'm sure that even you can agree that the blood of animals really doesn't equate with the blood that should be shed, and that's ours. And that's why Yahowshua chose to be that sacrifice. Just another spectacular example of the most High's understanding and mercy, to allow us to kill an animal as our substitute.
<quoted text>Which is why Yahowshua's sacrifice means that the desired result of animal sacrifice is fulfilled and not done away with.
<quoted text>..like the conditions of heaven, on this earth.
<quoted text>..which is why certain aspects of the law were fulfilled in and by Yahowshua. This, again, means that those particular laws weren't done away with, but fulfilled. Only the sacrificial subject changed, but all else stayed the same. Return to the top for further explanation.
<quoted text>How about shaving our heads and faces? Is that forbidden, too?
i require mercy, not sacrifice. there was no need for a sacrifice; except because of the ignorance of the people.

isaiah 66 says it all

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484181 Feb 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks for that, Annie. No, I don't think you're strange.
Far from washing the mystery from life, understanding science increases my spiritual experience of it. Understanding the physics of rain splashing into a puddle does not make it less beautiful for me.
But no, that wasn't the kind of answer I was looking for. I was looking for a test that a person might conduct to decide if the group that sees something really sees it, or is seeing things. Let me give you a concrete "what if" :
You and the rest of your ten man detail are on maneuvers in an Afghani desert when an explosion kills three of your squad, and leaves you blind and limping. Two three-man details go in opposite directions in search of water.
They each return to you claiming that they have seen water in the distance, are planning to go to the water, and will help you get there with them inasmuch as you are not expected to survive long enough for them to return with water for you.
Both groups swear that they have seen water, but it's very hot out, they're dehydrated, and you realize that one or both groups might be seeing things - a mirage. Which will you follow, and how can you decide? In other words, is there a way to decide when a group of people claim to see something whether they actually do?
Once we answer this, we'll attempt to apply it to the religion issue: are skeptics god blind the way some people are color blind, and simply not seeing what is there, or are believers experiencing their own minds?
That's a tough one.
I think I would ask(or order) that they dig a shallow pit, drag one of the bodies up next to it and cover it with sand...dig up a couple belts, a knife, and something plastic if possible, and leave me one clip & pistol...take the shortest route available to support, and then send back evac if it is possible."don't worry-I'll be jist fine boys"-now move it!"

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#484182 Feb 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
what an egotistical bitch
pray for yourself
You nasty peckerheaded jerk.
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#484183 Feb 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>The new covenant is just a changing of the sacrificial subject. Sacrifice, though, is still the same. Sacrifice is still based on blood. And what the blood of the sacrifice was to fulfill is still fulfilled. But, I'm sure that even you can agree that the blood of animals really doesn't equate with the blood that should be shed, and that's ours. And that's why Yahowshua chose to be that sacrifice. Just another spectacular example of the most High's understanding and mercy, to allow us to kill an animal as our substitute.
<quoted text>Which is why Yahowshua's sacrifice means that the desired result of animal sacrifice is fulfilled and not done away with.
<quoted text>..which is why certain aspects of the law were fulfilled in and by Yahowshua. This, again, means that those particular laws weren't done away with, but fulfilled. Only the sacrificial subject changed, but all else stayed the same. Return to the top for further explanation.
the cross is the symbol of that sacrifice. everyone is adjured to take up their cross and follow. there is no growth without overcoming adversity.

anyone who comes up by any other way is a robber and a thief.

the new jerusalem

literally means a new teaching of peace
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#484184 Feb 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
again the LAW is indifferent to forms. it only recognizes actions/works.

for with what you mete, it will be meted to you.

you are always meeting SELF. it is the LAW. it is DHARMA based on karma/action.
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#484185 Feb 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
the sword of justice

Revelation 2:16
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Revelation 19:15
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 19:21
And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484186 Feb 4, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
the bible states woman to woman is sin as well.
Paul is the only one who mentions it. It is not in the OT at all.

Paul said you should cut your dick off, too. Did you do that ?

I guess that Bible is just for hating others for that which YOU are guilty of.

Oh! Ye of little faith!

If anyone had the faith of a mustard seed in their Bible, they would be missing their eyes, hands, tongues and genitals.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484187 Feb 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol lol I want to meet Alice.
LOL! A quip from the "honeymooners".
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#484188 Feb 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
the scales of justice

Revelation 6:5
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

and he judges and wars

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484189 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Just as you will likely die without Allah - because that's what you chose. What a bitch it would be if you got punished for eternity for it. You'd probably be arguing that you did the best you could - made the best choice you were able to make given the life you born into, the type of mind you were given, and what it showed to you.
And you would be tossed into whatever Allah tosses his rejects into, with Muslims everywhere telling you that it was your fault for being so defiant to Allah.
You'd say that you guessed wrong, and they'd say no, that you hardened your heart to Allah. After all, they might tell you, how many times did you refuse Allah, who was in every cloud and flower? It was your choice, and now you will be punished for it forever.
Think about that for a moment. That's essentially what you just told me. I have no more chance of finding Jesus than you do of finding Allah. And it's the injustice of such a doctrine that assures you that it is anthropogenic, not divine.
In fact, if such a god as Jehovah or Allah actually existed, we'd all be screwed anyway. So, it's really quite easy to ignore both.
Excellent post!!!!!!!
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#484190 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul is the only one who mentions it. It is not in the OT at all.
Paul said you should cut your dick off, too. Did you do that ?
I guess that Bible is just for hating others for that which YOU are guilty of.
Oh! Ye of little faith!
If anyone had the faith of a mustard seed in their Bible, they would be missing their eyes, hands, tongues and genitals.
the smallest of seeds = pituitary gland and the axis mundi connection

where in all the birds of heavens are all gathered together.

plumed serpent quetzalcoatl and the world tree

http://www.mayankids.com/mmkbeliefs/worldtree...

odin and the yggdrasil(the horse) at the base gnaws the serpent and two birds rest upon wotan's shoulders. the wandering wonderer.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ygg...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484191 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
"You may say to yourselves,“How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed." - Deuteronomy 18:21-22
Jesus never returned. And nobody has moved a mountain with faith.
And we all know what happens to false prophets, of course:
"But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”- Deuteronomy 18:20
I'll bet that that scripture came up at Jesus' trial by the Sanhedrin.
In 1st century Judaism, claiming to be the Messiah was not a sin, however claiming to be a prophet was. They believed (and most still do) that "age of prophecy" was over.
However they would have to convince Pilate that Jesus was a threat and thus get him to admit that he claimed to be the Messiah and then explain to Pilate that the Messiah was "The King of the Jews" they would surely get Pilate to find him guilty of treason.

It is pretty simple to figure out and makes far more sense than the fantasy trial on 'John'.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484192 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting point!
I agree! It is written so right to the point and so concise- amazing to have not seen it written before. It is so very true!

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484193 Feb 4, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Wow,Deb,you should have been an NFL coach.....:(
Do ya' think the 49ers will be hiring??(c;

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484194 Feb 4, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning ((((Deb))))) I didn't get into the commercials too much, my attention was already divided between the game and posting on the thread at the same time, lol.
I stayed away from the computer until the black out~

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484195 Feb 4, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>panties is clothing. The civil laws are based on the 10 commandments.....
That is the greatest misconception in the USA.

Please do get an education. American History 101 at a college near you. Pay close attention to the "Age of Enlightenment" part.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#484196 Feb 4, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
Can you point-out where a GOD doesn't show "Mercy","Love ", or "Grace"?
No- I can't. He has to do what He says He will- in order to honor the promises made to the faithful- regarding all things- also toward what heaven is like. Which He promises will house no sin what so ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Catcher1 100,394
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min New Age Spiritual... 670,303
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min New Age Spiritual... 980,149
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr shkreli zionism 121,925
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 445,655
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 4 hr Libhater 58
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr 2 tim 2 15 6,146
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web