Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#484136 Feb 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It just seems very disingenuous of you to say That 'your attitude is very powerful' and that' positive energy works' and then say prayer doesn't work..........
I don't think so.

Your attitude IS very powerful, and positive energy DOES work.

But not in the sense that it can influence things outside your control.

For example, if a high jumper is ready to perform, and she looks at the bar 6' high, and takes a deep breath, and truly believes she can jump over the bar, she has a far better chance than if she says to herself that it's unlikely she can get over the barrier.

In that sense, in the sense that you have influence over your actions by your attitude and positive energy, of course!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#484137 Feb 4, 2013
Yet now HE (GOD) has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in HIS physical body. "As a result", HE (Jesus) has brought you into HIS own presence, and YOU are "holy and blameless" as you stand before HIM (GOD) "without a single fault".

Thats the Grace of God..

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#484139 Feb 4, 2013
Romans 5:17
New International Version (NIV)

17 For if, by the trespass of the one man,(ADAM) death reigned through that one man,
how much more will those who receive GodÂ’s abundant provision of GRACE and of the "GIFT" of "Righteousness" reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#484140 Feb 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
"It sounds like you might be seeing god in everything the way somebody wearing blue shades sees blue in everything. And you're not alone. Millions or billions of people see the same thing you do. But millions or billions of us just scratch our heads and wonder why you see a god in what we see as godless. How can we decide who is seeing reality and who isn't?"

I believe that this question can be answered. Would you or anybody else like to try?
AnnieJ wrote:
I know that you wanted a response from a Christian perspective...but you did say anybody. I am an anybody! LOL

I believe that people "see" not only what they want to "see" but also what they need to "see" in life around them.

I try to wake up in the mornings with a positive attitude it helps set the tone for my day. One morning however I got up and the first thing that hit me was a negative thought...I couldn't shake it. So I went and sat on the porch to watch it rain...the negative thoughts persisted...until...

Suddenly I noticed the raindrops hitting the surface of a puddle. They formed these perfectly shaped circles that soon dissipated once again leaving a perfectly smooth surface. For me...it was as if I had found my solution to my negative thoughts...they come...ripple the surface...then dissipated back in to calmness.
Yes...the actions of the raindrop interacting with a mud puddle can be explained away through science...yet again for me...that takes away from the lesson that I learned that morning. It would have taken away the mystery of life...the romantic side...the specialness of the moment.

I refer to that moment as "finding God in a mud puddle". Was it God...some higher power...the Great Spirit of the sky. I don't know but for that moment...it was a message...it was what was needed.

Before you say that I am strange...I know that...and I am okay with that.

My own son thinks that I am strange at times...but there was a moment in his life...that for a brief time...that he understood me.
Some need the facts backed by logic...some of us need the mystery.
There are cooks that go strictly by the recipe...some of us just throw in what ever we can find and hope for the best! Some of us even make art out of ant hills. LOL

I am not sure this is the type of answer that you had in mind...it is however my explanation of why and how I "see" sometimes things that others might not "see".
Thanks for that, Annie. No, I don't think you're strange.

Far from washing the mystery from life, understanding science increases my spiritual experience of it. Understanding the physics of rain splashing into a puddle does not make it less beautiful for me.

But no, that wasn't the kind of answer I was looking for. I was looking for a test that a person might conduct to decide if the group that sees something really sees it, or is seeing things. Let me give you a concrete "what if" :

You and the rest of your ten man detail are on maneuvers in an Afghani desert when an explosion kills three of your squad, and leaves you blind and limping. Two three-man details go in opposite directions in search of water.

They each return to you claiming that they have seen water in the distance, are planning to go to the water, and will help you get there with them inasmuch as you are not expected to survive long enough for them to return with water for you.

Both groups swear that they have seen water, but it's very hot out, they're dehydrated, and you realize that one or both groups might be seeing things - a mirage. Which will you follow, and how can you decide? In other words, is there a way to decide when a group of people claim to see something whether they actually do?

Once we answer this, we'll attempt to apply it to the religion issue: are skeptics god blind the way some people are color blind, and simply not seeing what is there, or are believers experiencing their own minds?
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#484141 Feb 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a failed moral system.
I fully reject the morals of "christian belief"
The question you need ask, yourself, is: are you an asset to your community and culture, or are you a liability.
the christian belief set is a liability, how do you fare?
The Lord prepared that place called HELL for Satan and the fallen angels who chose to believe his LIES. But the Lord Jesus Christ made sure that there will be enough room in hell for....someone else: EVERY HUMAN SOUL WHO REJECTS THE HOLY SON OF GOD,who gave Himself at the Holy Cross of Calvary for every sinner who would ever live on this earth. And unless you REPENT and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ before you leave this current world,that would mean people just like YOU.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484142 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
So Skombolis' reactions are other people's faults? He has no choice in the matter?
Here's that accountability stuff again. My version is different than what I see here. Skombolis is accountable for his choices, as when he chose to sling sewage at me because he didn't like some of my opinions. In my opinion, you're excusing his choice to indulge himself, and I'm holding him accountable.
You asked if I sleep with sheep, if my mother was a prostitute, and regularly engage in dishonest tactics. Where is your accountability? The sewage is all you
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#484143 Feb 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
and --- of course ---
you speak for god
If she has put her faith in the Lord,YES,she has been given the right,and even the command,by the Lord Himself,to speak the Lord's Word.

Fennario

#484144 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You claimed Christians don't have to care about the people they hurt because they can just ask for forgiveness from the sky.
You say you never felt this way when you were a Christian
Ergo you know that isn't an honest picture you are trying to paint
You need to give up the word "ergo."
Skombolis wrote:
Believing God will forgive someone does release them or responsibility or caring about the person they hurt.
It does for those who want it to.
Skombolis wrote:
That I have to explain to you what the problem is here just proves my point
Your explanation proves my point. Your mind is not your friend.

Fennario

#484145 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Unfortunately for you guys I don't care what others think.
That's a flaw.
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#484146 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You asked if I sleep with sheep, if my mother was a prostitute, and regularly engage in dishonest tactics. Where is your accountability? The sewage is all you
Hello,my BROTHER. So,do you,like Lawest,still believe that you could turn your back on salvation,and 'turn it in',like someone turning in a rental vehicle,and tell the Lord you don't 'want it any more',and that you want to 'go back into the world and freely sin again'??! Now we're talking about REAL christians,right?!! Here is why that makes absolutely NO SENSE WHATSOEVER: http://bible.cc/1_john/2-19.htm

Fennario

#484147 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
When you respond to a half dozen or more of someone's posts every day when they were not to you or about you I would say that makes you vested. In fact I am the only poster in this room you do that with.
Again that I have t explain these things to you makes me just question your integrity all the more
You know exactly what you are doing, just like with the "asking the sky for forgiveness bit", yet you feign ignorance. Another way of describing that would be dishonest. And this from the guy always purporting how much more moral others are than Christians. You need to clean up your own backyard before you can go around putting other faiths or religious books on trial.
I'm thinking maybe Ritalin for you.
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#484148 Feb 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe that Yahowshua and Yahoweh are one and the same. I believe that Yahowshua was created by Yahoweh. In this, I believe that we, as men, have the potential to accomplish just as much, if not more, than Yahowshua, but only by the power that Yahoweh allows us. And as to perfection, I believe that all men are capable of reaching perfection, but only if we reflect the example set before us by Yahowshua. Yahowshua taught us not only the spiritual understanding and application of the law, but how to remove disobedience from our hearts and minds, too. Yahowshua, himself, learned this from Yahoweh.
<quoted text>People would try to place themselves in the path of Peter's shadow in order to be healed. This isn't to say it never happened to Yahowshua, but we certainly don't read about it in the texts of the new covenant.
<quoted text>And what you quoted is how I know that Yahoweh and Yahowshua are not one and the same. Yahowshua had to learn, just as all men do.
the problem is that there is no new covenant. you just believe there is. god is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow. jesus came to return something to it's original state.

there is nothing new under the son/sun.

idolatry is forbidden

Location hidden

#484149 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
The thing for me is that that wouldn't matter. Accountability - the only time I hear that word in these discussions is with regard to payback for those of us that won't submit or worship. The idea that somebody would be forgiven simply because they regretted their actions - "repented" - spits in the face of accountability.
You are not being honest again. you tried to claim earlier somehow my posts about christians holding ourselves accountable for our actions somehow had something to do with you and getting you to answer to God. It was clearly explained to you that it had absolutely nothing to do with you and what it was about yet here you are repeating the same false claim. Does honesty mean anything to you?

Location hidden

#484150 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You need to give up the word "ergo."
<quoted text>
It does for those who want it to.
<quoted text>
Your explanation proves my point. Your mind is not your friend.
Lol..now we go from whether I literally saw someone enter a post in their computer to my use of the word 'ergo'.. Like i said, you sure do bring a lot to the table. And you made a sweeping bigoted generalization that you have no first-hand knowledge that anyone does and know you yourself never thought that way as a Christian. The truth is not your friend

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484151 Feb 4, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
if god made them in his/her image, then why keep them blind and feed them bull?
And what's the basis of your accusation, if you don't mind my asking? What is it that you and, perhaps, your cohorts, know that the rest of the world does not? What light can you share that's relatively unknown to other believers of "God"? And most of all, from whence did this "light" derive?
harpocrates wrote:
isn't sin nothing more than not knowing better?
Sin, by its most defined definition, is the transgressing of the commandments of "God."
harpocrates wrote:
or is being blind and naked an excuse to enslave?
Are you accusing the most High of enslaving us because of our blindness and nakedness, or each other for enslaving those we deem "blind" and "naked"?
harpocrates wrote:
you're being tempted
When am I not being tempted?
harpocrates wrote:
forgive them Father for they know not what they do.
It's written, "And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of Yahoweh concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty; Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering...and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him."
harpocrates wrote:
serpent in a tree,
cursed man hung on a tree.
Serpent enticed mankind to sin.
Man paid penalty of death for mankind.
harpocrates wrote:
ask! seek! knock!
oops
Answer! Find! Open!
The bathroom's that way.
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#484152 Feb 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
"For those who know GOD, no explanation is necessary ~ for those who do not know GOD, no explanation is possible."
Not sure where those words came from, but they make heaps of sense to me.
GOD is within each of us, and I have no idea why some cannot feel HIM!
if god is within us then why would you worship him without? why do you worship jesus; which is without self?

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Location hidden

#484153 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm thinking maybe Ritalin for you.
It wouldnt surprise me that you are the kind of doctor that would not know Ritalin has the adverse effect on adults and would write prescriptions out of ignorance. But dont worry, I have good insurance and would never see a bottom-feeder practioner such as yourself who has shown himself to lack morals and inegrity
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#484154 Feb 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And what's the basis of your accusation, if you don't mind my asking? What is it that you and, perhaps, your cohorts, know that the rest of the world does not? What light can you share that's relatively unknown to other believers of "God"? And most of all, from whence did this "light" derive?
<quoted text>Sin, by its most defined definition, is the transgressing of the commandments of "God."
<quoted text>Are you accusing the most High of enslaving us because of our blindness and nakedness, or each other for enslaving those we deem "blind" and "naked"?
<quoted text>When am I not being tempted?
<quoted text>It's written, "And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of Yahoweh concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty; Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering...and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him."
<quoted text>Serpent enticed mankind to sin.
Man paid penalty of death for mankind.
<quoted text>Answer! Find! Open!
The bathroom's that way.
why should i answer any of your questions when you have not answered one of mine?

focus!!

why would you create something in your image only to enslave it and make it subservient?

what parent creates a codependent child and calls it health?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484155 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I haven't had Cracker Jacks in a while, bit when I did, yes, the prize was junk, and the product stale. The gourmet versions are much better.
{{{?WHAT?}}}
So yer tell'n me that the 10 boxes of crackerjacks I threw on the ground 55 years ago 'til I finally got the magic decoder ring(that I been sav'n fer a real 'mergency) is a {{FAKE}} after them folks telled me it was fer sure real?!@#$%^&*!!{{{ARAAAAAH H!!!}}}

GIT THE GUN ALICE!!!
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#484156 Feb 4, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hello,my BROTHER. So,do you,like Lawest,still believe that you could turn your back on salvation,and 'turn it in',like someone turning in a rental vehicle,and tell the Lord you don't 'want it any more',and that you want to 'go back into the world and freely sin again'??! Now we're talking about REAL christians,right?!! Here is why that makes absolutely NO SENSE WHATSOEVER: http://bible.cc/1_john/2-19.htm
Yeah,I didn't think you wanted to 'pick a fight' with the Word of God.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min truth 183,651
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 92,792
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 667,983
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 46,042
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 286,102
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Joe Fortuna 979,486
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 hr MUQ2 1,105
More from around the web